Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

DariusLikewise posted:

This did not age well
Sure it has. Kim Dot Com went all in on Seth Rich with his "evidence" and lost everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DariusLikewise posted:

This did not age well

Maybe not in our mainstream reality. :science:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Colander Crotch posted:

I'm the wall between Texas and Oklahoma that Trump is going to build.

It polls really well in Texas, and you could probably convince Texas to pay for it.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

This did not age well

Where's Hillary's other missing shoe?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

This did not age well

Have any Garrison cartoons aged well?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ramos posted:

Have any Garrison cartoons aged well?

The ones predicting Trump would win the primary and general did I guess

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Obama gay, so what

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like how rugged individualist Ben Garrison also has an underwear-quaking terror of Quiltbaggery.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kirschen knows his audience well.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Erenthal posted:

That's a good point and another one that you mention that I too have wondered over at times. Is Dee's an antisemite who happens to be schizophrenic, or is it entirely based on his schizophrenic paranoid delusions and jews just happened to be one of the main things he latched on to?

I asked my shrink a similar question about a nutjob who was harassing me and her answer was "a little from column 'a' a little from column b" fwiw.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Pee Pee Doo Doo Jockstrap

Guest labeler: Kelly

This I guess?: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/09/kid_rock_gets_political_during.html

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I love this drawing

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Drawing anything besides profiles of giant objects with labels slapped on as an afterthought apparently forces Ramirez to explain the joke.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Perestroika posted:

It's always astounding just how incredibly bad Garrison is at visual metaphors. So you have a poker game. In this context, how could you show that somebody is duplicitous and not to be trusted? You could show them outright cheating, with cards up their sleeves. Or you might show them bluffing, with their cards showing something else than what they pretend to have. But no, Garrison opted to have his opposition literally with their cards on the table. And those cards spell out exactly what they claim. That's the opposite of a bluff.
So next up, how would you convey that your guy has the upper hand in a game of poker? That his side is stronger and that he has something that would beat his opposition? You'd do it by giving him a better hand of cards? Hah, get out of here. Garrison, who definitely knows how poker works, does it by giving him a shitload of money. Because as well all know, whoever throws the most money on the table wins at poker.
Also: Kim is somehow calling a bluff when the other side hasn't bet any chips.

As to whether Garrison "believes", nearly all of his toons are a kind of voodoo magic, where he draws the world the way he wants it to be, the hell with what actually is

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Note how he doesn't actually put Nieto into checkmate
Also: I'm the missed opportunity to put him into checkmate with the wall piece.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Haha look at the replies. He's being eaten by the upset base

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Cat Mattress posted:

Kirschen knows his audience well.

:aaaaa: I didn't even notice the timing

Needing that giant white splotch in the middle of the cartoon just to make the art work shows how garbage ramirez is

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
happy 778, gambling is bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogj5ztTE0zw

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lord help me, I chuckled.

quote:

Always good when you need JRROSE levels of explanation, nice art construction, Mike.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

You know for a cartoon with mediocre art and a redundant message, I like this one.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
BENGHAZI

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Always good when you need JRROSE levels of explanation, nice art construction, Mike.

This image was captured at the exact moment that a nuclear detonation began in the stands :stonk: A Grimdark Cartoon

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Colander Crotch posted:

I'm the wall between Texas and Oklahoma that Trump is going to build.

It will never be built.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the UK arms trade – The international trade secretary, Liam Fox, has mounted an unabashed defence of Britain’s arms industry on the opening day of one of the world’s biggest weapons trade exhibitions"

Telegraph:

Juncker says EU will 'move on' from Brexit in state of union speech

Independent:

Times:

Myanmar says 40% of Rohingya villages targeted by army are now empty

Evening Standard:

May suffers humiliation as DUP backs Labour on NHS pay and tuition fees

Mail:
MAC on... the iPhone X launch

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Haha look at the replies. He's being eaten by the upset base

The last time he made even a mild critique of Trump he apparently got some Paterson backlash, and even IRL Dale Gribble knows not to bite the hand that feeds.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

You know when May was warned that the DUP would stab her in the back, it never really seemed in the realm of possibility that it would be over social services and higher education

lol Theresa May, loving lol

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

D.N. Nation posted:

Lord help me, I chuckled.
Same. I don't agree with it, but it's not objectionable, a clear and understandable reference... all in all, it's honestly one of the best Brancos I've ever seen.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
It occurs to me that editorial cartooning is like country music. Once you get established you can stay there forever.

Caption- Here's the catch--There all at the unemployment office.!
Bennet 1 10 1994

Bennet 1 18 1994

Bennet 4 7 1996

Bok 1 4 1995

Bok 1 5 1995

Day 1 12 1994

Horsey 6 30 1994

Horsey 6 17 1995

Horsey Jan 4 1996

Luckovich 1 3 1995

Tinsley 12 31 1996

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

If there's one thing everyone can agree on about Hillary Clinton, it's that she's some sort of cross between a toad and Garfield.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

I am disappointed by this. My pub trivia team last night was "Ted Cruz's iPhone XXX", and a bunch of drunk nerds should not be funnier than somebody who does this for a living.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

If there's one thing everyone can agree on about Hillary Clinton, it's that she's some sort of cross between a toad and Garfield.

I know it's hard to accept that Gerald ford had a sex change and now is known as Hillary, but you shouldn't say such things!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Throwing Turtles posted:

Horsey 6 17 1995

Wanna see Horsey remake this one.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey posted:

Not really. It helps that Gore maintained a low profile for years after, until he reinvented as an environmentalist.

Of course, 9/11 was also another major difference.

Gore was always an environmentalist. He kind of played that down in the 2000 election, and it was probably a mistake, as being cautious about an issue he was known to care about played into the "untrustworthy" narrative.

loquacius posted:

gotta love the baldfaced propaganda tactic of making Trump like 3x the size of the Mexican president

Garrison has never really done subtlety

Bill Mitchell et al have latched onto this as an explanation for why their strongman champion spends so much of his time apparently bumbling around randomly and loving everything up: he's simply so smart, such a tactical genius that mere mortals cannot comprehend his strategies

Reminds me of Scott Adams's character "The Genius Garbageman." Why would he be a garbageman? Why wouldn't you! He's smarter than you, so he must know what he's doing. And, of course, he now sees Trump the exact same way.

D.N. Nation posted:

The guy who actually wrote that said Trump's an idiot

Nuh-uh, Trump totally wrote it himself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_zBCEIr2Lo

(This video has aged poorly or beautifully depending on your perspective.)

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I too want to see armadillos march somewhere.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I know that's a clickbait headline and probably not true but that's one of the most evil business goals I've ever heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lurdiak posted:

I know that's a clickbait headline and probably not true but that's one of the most evil business goals I've ever heard of.

Oh, it's true all right.

• Locked thread