Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

....and how the hell do I tell that?

Ask them where they spend their winters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

Hard to say. We lost the Neanderthals and now instead we have humans everywhere. Is that good or bad?

Seriously do you actually know any people? They're awful.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Some people are awesome. Like me.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Case in point.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Whoa. Check that out. Apparently we still have one Neanderthal still around.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Now Neanderthals though, they were great. They were more big, fierce, powerful, intelligent, sensitive, anything, than us, and they were all completely wiped out by a freak gasoline fight accident volcano, like a bunch of chumps, and I have no idea how anyone can claim to know any of this.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Johnny Aztec posted:

....and how the hell do I tell that?
It's easy if you're on a Chinese fishing vessel. Probably harder in Canada. Hope that helps! :eng101:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BlancoNino posted:

Goose poop is one of the most foul things you can step in and if there are geese around it's everywhere.
Much like deer they seem like nice aesthetic additions to your local park... unless you want to interact with your park in any substantial way. Geese in particular ruin the late fall/early spring months for my dog and I at all the fields in the area. We compensate by like, going to the local pet store or paved path to get her a good long walk, but it's not the same.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Ask them where they spend their winters.

What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/The_Betus/status/901193558622949378

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Migratory birds are all protected by treaty because one country could gently caress up the ecosystem of another by killing the birds.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

To be safe I just kill every bird withing 100 km of me at all times.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Drone_Fragger posted:

To be safe I just kill every bird withing 100 km of me at all times.

Name/post etc.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I'm aware that this coyote survived this, but you still have really strange idea of what is funny.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Sininu posted:

I'm aware that this coyote survived this, but you still have really strange idea of what is funny.

I suppose his expression is a bit humorous

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Bananana posted:

I suppose his expression is a bit humorous

"Ugh, Mondays..."

Perhaps a penguin
Dec 12, 2009

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

At first I thought he or she was just having a nap in the broken grille, then I saw the blood. Bad post, Guy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Honestly it just shows the poor build quality of Toyota.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LargeHadron posted:

At first I thought he or she was just having a nap in the broken grille, then I saw the blood. Bad post, Guy.

It's got it's eyes open, it's awake, it was fine. This kind of thing happens all the time

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

LargeHadron posted:

It's probably automatic transmission fluid rather than blood, there's often an ATF cooler either in front of the radiator or combined into it. It has the right consistency/color for ATF.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

`Nemesis posted:

It's probably automatic transmission fluid rather than blood, there's often an ATF cooler either in front of the radiator or combined into it. It has the right consistency/color for ATF.

yeah, that's not even what blood on concrete looks like.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

yeah, that's not even what blood on concrete looks like.

You spill a lot of coyote blood on concrete?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Bloop posted:

not coyote blood, no. fair point.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The Bloop posted:

Of course not.

He gets Enrique to do it

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

The Bloop posted:

It's the best way to get ATF stains off of it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

It wasn’t until Knox reached Calgary, Alberta, that a construction worker told her the coyote was in fact stuck in her car’s grille.

“When I got out to look, this poor little guy was looking up and blinking at me,” Knox wrote.

Knox alerted Alberta Fish & Wildlife and asked to have the coyote freed. Miraculously, the animal suffered only minimal injuries, she said.

Biologists gave the coyote a clean bill of health and returned it to the wild.

“Clearly mother nature has other plans for this special little guy,” Knox said.

As of Tuesday night, Knox's public post had received 365,000 reactions and 193,700 shares. The video of the coyote's release had more than 27 million views.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

He had a message to deliver to Animal Man and no Toyota is going to stop him.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Generally speaking Toyotas are not for stopping.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: the Rhode Island School of Design's basketball team is called the Balls and their their slogan is "When the heat is on, the Balls stick together." When their ice hockey team had to pick a name they decided to call themselves The Nads and their unofficial mascot is Scrotie:nws: so when they played against the Gansett Clams it results in this amazing scene. :nws:

How have I lived in this state my whole life and not heard of this?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Looks like coolant to me

You breathe lightly on the front of a car and the radiator will crack open, dripping coolant everywhere

A coyote ain't putting a hole in the trans case

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Shoot all the coyotes

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

He had a message to deliver to Animal Man and no Toyota is going to stop him.

I just want you to know that this was appreciated.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Looks like coolant to me

You breathe lightly on the front of a car and the radiator will crack open, dripping coolant everywhere

A coyote ain't putting a hole in the trans case

Radiators can have a trans cooler built into them, or there's usually a separate transmission radiator, thus breaking one would leak trans fluid.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's got it's eyes open, it's awake, it was fine. This kind of thing happens all the time

Fair enough. I was being touchy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DiggityDoink posted:

Radiators can have a trans cooler built into them, or there's usually a separate transmission radiator, thus breaking one would leak trans fluid.

It's been a long time since I've owned a car (and even longer since I've worked on anything bigger than changing friend's brakes or alternators), but how long has this been a thing?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's been a long time since I've owned a car (and even longer since I've worked on anything bigger than changing friend's brakes or alternators), but how long has this been a thing?

It's how virtually every ttorque converter automatic transmission works.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Since automatic transmissions have been around really. You have to keep all that poo poo cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah right, true.

Sometimes there's an oil cooler and a liquid intercooler in there too, all sandwiched together. Mustang's like that.

Anyway one thing they don't have is a blood cooler