Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

General Morden posted:

i don't think you have any right to call out anyone's posts as the most retarded, considering your track record

that being said

unions own

Especially teachers unions where teachers who should clearly be fired instead get sent to a room where they sit and do nothing until the person quits. Because they can't be fired due to the union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Holyshoot posted:

Especially teachers unions where teachers who should clearly be fired instead get sent to a room where they sit and do nothing until the person quits. Because they can't be fired due to the union.

https://www.ascii-middle-finger.com/

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

:smug:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

It amazes me that there is a union for talking. America is a wonderful place.

Idk if this is your gimmick or you just being actually stupid

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.5b295aecef95

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/NYChrisG/status/908372103224639488

https://twitter.com/NYChrisG/status/908406936701353984

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 14, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

i wish he showed how much chip this was doing since that was really a big part of why morrigan's fireballs were scary. if you can just pushblock and take 10% of your health over the entire Storm it isnt really that impressive

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How's chip on specials in this game?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

seeing Jedah in action just makes me wish this was Darkstalkers VS Marvel which would be 100x better than "Marvel vs A Mostly Ugly And Milquetoast Cast." IIRC The Capcom characters are mostly fireball people versus the beam users on Marvel, which means with the pushblock and counter poo poo, beam characters are better off.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

seeing Jedah in action just makes me wish this was Darkstalkers VS Marvel which would be 100x better than "Marvel vs A Mostly Ugly And Milquetoast Cast." IIRC The Capcom characters are mostly fireball people versus the beam users on Marvel, which means with the pushblock and counter poo poo, beam characters are better off.

I'm bummed as anyone that we got slay queen yass bae Captain Marvel and no X-Men, but I still think what Marvel characters we did get are fine. Obviously a better selection (with more new characters) would have been nice, though.

I'd also be hesitant to designate anyone as being better off than anyone else before the game has actually been played competitively. It's anecdotal obviously, but all the streamer's I've watched say Morrigan is incredibly strong.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

fadam posted:

It's (potentially?) rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OmZ2UXzzzE

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

fadam posted:

chip damage scaling from successive blocks

edit yeah see above

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pretend I posted the thinking emoji that's all messed up here.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Can you die from chip?

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

can't you also reflect projectiles by pushblocking? capcom must have reeeeally hated morridoom or something

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

can't you also reflect projectiles by pushblocking? capcom must have reeeeally hated morridoom or something

If I remember correctly all beams cant' be reflected, and certain other projectiles like Chris' magnum also can't be reflected.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

fadam posted:

If I remember correctly all beams cant' be reflected, and certain other projectiles like Chris' magnum also can't be reflected.

luckily beams do less damage if youre farther away and chris now has to reload or something stupid. zoning is cheap and illegal

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I really haven't been paying attention to any character changes at all. Does Chris have to reload everything? Are his projectiles stronger to compensate?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
He has to reload his magnum, not other projectiles. I don't know how strong it is to compensate.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chris' magnum is actually weaker now, I'm pretty sure.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Captain Baal posted:

Chris' magnum is actually weaker now, I'm pretty sure.

now is not the time for sly innuendos baal

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

luckily beams do less damage if youre farther away and chris now has to reload or something stupid. zoning is cheap and illegal

Do they really do less damage if you're farther away?

Anyway, I wonder how all of the anti-zoning and anti-projectile changes have been translated into ghost riders moveset since he zones without projectiles afterall.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What specifically made Ghost Rider bad in MvC3?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

fadam posted:

What specifically made Ghost Rider bad in MvC3?

Massive lack of mobility and everything he did was active for a long rear end time, so every one of his zoning options was something you had to commit to really hard and could be punished for really hard. That and they removed chip damage from his normal chain attacks before the game launched. Also, his chains didn't really interact with projectiles or beams, leaving him very weak against good assist use.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

Massive lack of mobility and everything he did was active for a long rear end time, so every one of his zoning options was something you had to commit to really hard and could be punished for really hard. That and they removed chip damage from his normal chain attacks before the game launched. Also, his chains didn't really interact with projectiles or beams, leaving him very weak against good assist use.

also he did dogshit damage if i remember correctly. although maybe he secretly had good damage and no one bothered to optimize him cuz lol ghostrider

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

also he did dogshit damage if i remember correctly. although maybe he secretly had good damage and no one bothered to optimize him cuz lol ghostrider

I used him in a gost rider/nova/virgil team and his damage was fine, plus I could setup into unblockables with him really easy. The deal was he usually just died before he could get anything done.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

I used him in a gost rider/nova/virgil team and his damage was fine, plus I could setup into unblockables with him really easy. The deal was he usually just died before he could get anything done.

i legitimately cannot remember any of ghost rider's moves other than the motorcycle super, what's he do to set up unblockables?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

i legitimately cannot remember any of ghost rider's moves other than the motorcycle super, what's he do to set up unblockables?

nova low plus jump c

edit other way around

Zand fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 14, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Kobold Sex Tape posted:

He had a 3/4ths screen reaching low normal. You did that + nova's overhead hitting assist after ending combos the right way and it gave you an unblockable set up you could combo back into.

The characters problem was that he had to play a reactive game against teleports and assists when he was built to be an active zoner.

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

aw i was hoping for some kind of stupid looking motorcycle lockdown garbage

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Also, Ghost Rider couldn't really do dick against characters who just high jumped and launched projectiles.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I don't have specifics and I didn't watch the stream but according to NeoGAF some french dude named Basgrospoing just streamed Spider-Man and Ghost Rider and he thinks Ghost Rider is a lot better.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Ghost rider wouldn't even need to be "better" to be better in this game.

Assists are gone, the tag system turns the massive active time of his normals and specials into an advantage instead of a liability, his normals don't have the weaknesses beams and projectiles have been given, and unfly is gone so other zoners are a hell of a lot more vulnerable to his stuff.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

some guy on NeoGAF posted:

*Heartless Spire is now a move you can go into launcher or special cancel into. Allows him to use it for OTG purposes into combos ad create better walls (Spire into Hell flame Up).

*Characters take chip from normals of they are in the air. This is insane for him.

*Universal OTG means Ghost Rider can OTG with his sweep which has massive range.

*Ghost Rider has the universal j.KHK spike which means he can convert combos from super jump height which he couldn't do before.

*Smaller screen size means his normals are deadlier.

*All of his chain moves basically act like long ranged beams for assist purposes with a tag. Jump d+HP into tag is really oppressive.

*DUD jumping makes all of his air normals much threatening especially his j.HP which hits all around him..

*Without a Vergil in this game, no one can contest or punish him in ground normals war.

*Stuff like Time stone means he can escape bad situations and turn the tide.

What's DUD jumping?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the key issue w/ ghost rider is that like a lot of low/mid tier umvc3 character he didn't really have strong options in the air, especially at superjump height. the entire game basically boils down to "be above the other guy and attack them" and everyone that's bad at this is a bad character in general outside of a few outliers

e: can I get some spidey changes or just a link to that specific thread?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I remember trying to play ghost rider in ultimate thinking he'd be like my boy axl from guilty gear and then when I started playing him I realised that axl likely wouldn't work well in a marvel game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423580&page=108

EDIT: Apparently Nova might do more damage if he has more bar?

fadam fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 14, 2017

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

fadam posted:

What's DUD jumping?

Down, up, down. You can lower your super jump height by holding down, so that input gives you a different jump arc than just up or down, up.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Hulk has a wall jump. I'm impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

CubsWoo posted:

Hulk has a wall jump. I'm impressed.