Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

RCarr posted:

He plays Monday night, I'm probably going to sit him this week. I can't afford a zero. I think there's a much higher chance he scores under 5 points than over.

the Giants are bad and are gonna be bad as long as the play calling is still gonna be bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Varg posted:

the Giants are bad and are gonna be bad as long as the play calling is still gonna be bad

Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, but the playcalling and the Giants being bad don't stop him from putting up a lot of fantasy points. Him being injured does. That's why I'm sitting him. If he's healthy I start him no matter how lovely the Giants or the plays they call are.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think people are giving up on Powell way too early. Matt Forte is old and will get hurt or slowly phased out imo.

The other problem is the Jets offense should be terrible.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Doltos posted:

I picked up Buck Allen even though he seems like an underwhelming talent. I'm in a PPR league though.

I grabbed in 2 leagues because I have a dearth of startable RBs. Anyone who might get 20 carries is worth it. The other is just a super deep league. When you're starting 11 skill position guys, any warm body is a good one to have.

quote:

The most lottery seems to be Kamara because of the offense he's in and that they're giving him passing duty nods over Ingram. He can easily be replaced at any minute through rookie foibles and established guys like Ingram. Marlon Mack seems to be in the same deal but on a worse team.

Kamara seems like he could have a floor (as opposed to Foreman), with a shot at higher. I like him. As a guy with Mack in 2 dynasty leagues I was pleasantly surprised he got some action week 1. Was not expecting that. Like 90% of his value is banking on the fact that Gore played in the sandbox with Moses.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Doltos posted:

The other problem is the Jets offense should be terrible.

Crow was very good on a bad Cleveland offense last year. These things don't always go hand in hand.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Varg posted:

Giants had one good looking drive v Dallas, and it was the no-huddle one.

Will anybody learn anything from it? *shakes magic 8-ball*

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
What's the lowest WR I should move TY for?

Dude isn't hitting my starting lineup with Luck and who knows when that guy plays.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

89 posted:

What's the lowest WR I should move TY for?

Dude isn't hitting my starting lineup with Luck and who knows when that guy plays.

Then why would you move him for a WR?

e: Or did you mean to type "without Luck"? You're selling at or near his lowest value. Why not just hold him?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Doltos posted:

The most lottery seems to be Kamara because of the offense he's in and that they're giving him passing duty nods over Ingram. He can easily be replaced at any minute through rookie foibles and established guys like Ingram. Marlon Mack seems to be in the same deal but on a worse team.

Dunno if the bolded is actually true. Ingram had 5 targets to Kamara's 6, though I didn't watch the game so don't know if Kamara came in on most 3rd downs. I do like him as one of the best lotto tickets, though, like you said because of the offense he's in and the fact that he's probably more individually talented than some of the other guys (Buck Allen? Sims? lol).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Matt Zerella posted:

Crow was very good on a bad Cleveland offense last year. These things don't always go hand in hand.

I jettisoned Crowell as fast as I possibly could last year. The first four weeks were great but he only went over 15 carries twice during them. Then after that he only went over 15 carries 3 more times. The guy I traded him to didn't make the playoffs and couldn't even enjoy his two good weeks at the end of last year.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Be p nice if Lamar Miller has a good game so I can sell his rear end

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Gobias Ind. posted:

e: Or did you mean to type "without Luck"? You're selling at or near his lowest value. Why not just hold him?

It just sucks cause I drafted Edelman as my TY insurance.

Now it's either Chris Hogan or Eric Decker

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hahahahaha holy poo poo....okay...so I think I just won everything.

I gave Tarik Cohen/Zach Ertz and I get Gronk.

Did I just win?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Zach Ertz is going to break out this year just wait

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How did that post from 2016 get here

Or was it 2015

Edit: 2014

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Did I just win?

Seems fair in PPR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pubic works project posted:

Did I just win?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Zach Ertz is going to break out this year just wait

Unironically agree with both these posts. Ertz is going to be a solid mid TE1 (which qualifies as a break out) and that is a steal for Gronk.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RisqueBarber posted:

Seems fair in PPR

Yeah it's 1 PPR so I didn't really think that I hosed him. I'm just stunned that he accepted it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
What happened that people are down on Lamar Miller? I thought he was still the unquestioned 3 down back.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Because it's 89, if he doesn't think about trading, he'll have insane withdrawals.

:newlol:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Re: Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen, I feel like I'm going a little crazy. Rotoworld blurb has, "Howard has already fallen into a clear-cut committee Cohen, and his fantasy value is in serious question as more than an RB2 going forward." Really?? This is one game, and a game in which the WR1 was knocked out at that. Am I the only one thinking this is massive overreaction? (I don't even have Howard anywhere, either, so isn't just wishful thinking)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

I asked what the new Kelce owner would trade him for.

His offer was:

He gives: Kelce

I give: CJ Anderson and Tarik Cohen

What should I counter with?

My team:

I need to drop someone for a kicker so I'd love to do a 2 for 1 deal here for Kelce.

Thoughts?

Is Cohen and Hogan too insulting?

Update on this:

He said he'd give me Kelce for Cohen and either Hogan/Fleener.

I give Cohen and Fleener, I get Kelce. Pull the trigger right? Non-ppr

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Update on this:

Yup, easy accept for me, anyway

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Re: Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen, I feel like I'm going a little crazy. Rotoworld blurb has, "Howard has already fallen into a clear-cut committee Cohen, and his fantasy value is in serious question as more than an RB2 going forward." Really?? This is one game, and a game in which the WR1 was knocked out at that. Am I the only one thinking this is massive overreaction? (I don't even have Howard anywhere, either, so isn't just wishful thinking)

You're not crazy. Howard was never going to catch a lot of passes--his hands aren't good. Cohen won't get more than 3-5 rushes a week, but he will catch a poo poo ton of catches. I think Cohen fills the WR void in Chicago and Howard continues to be the bellcow in the run-game. Chicago needs to get them both on the field more since they're the only playmakers left on this offense.

The other thing people are overlooking is that Cohen is like 5'6 and 180 lbs. No way that guy will be running between the tackles 20 times a game.

Now might actually be a good time to buy-low on Howard. I do think both guys will have value moving forward (Cohen in PPR specifically)

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 14, 2017

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

RCarr posted:

Update on this:

Without any PPR I'd say this is an easy accept.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm actually happy with Ertz because I think he'll be pretty good in PPR and I got him 3 rounds later than beersheeted.

Normally I wouldn't draft a TE but value/Eagles homerism got me.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Thank Doltos and Beer for your thoughts in Foreman/Burkhead. I think I'll wait and bid on him next week, if either one explodes I either own them, or i do have the most cap space to bid on free agents, just might end up overpaying. It's the safest play

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Silly Burrito posted:

Desean Jackson, Brandin Cooks, Corey Coleman are the only three WRs he has now.

I understand that he wanted Ellington to replace DJ, but yeah, I wouldn't have dropped Cooper. Then again, this is the same guy who drafted Jordy Nelson that year he was hurt with his second round pick, then ended up winning the whole league. Fantasy is a fickle mistress. :shrug:

I'd drop any of them before cooper, feels like collusion or too stupid to play

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RCarr posted:

Yep. Act fast before he realizes it's a bad idea.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

Yep. Act fast before he realizes it's a bad idea.

He actually misread my Cohen/Ingram + Fleener offer as me offering all 3 of them...

He says he will give me Kelce for Ingram and Cohen. Should I do it? (Non-ppr)

My team:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RCarr posted:

He actually misread my Cohen/Ingram + Fleener offer as me offering all 3 of them...

My team:

Yes I would still do it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm higher on Ingram than most. He's my flex. But, after the injuries that have hit a few teams, I MIGHT and able to turn Ingram & Cohen into Gurley or Fournette. Obvious upgrades right? Or would I be better off holding?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

It's going to be difficult for CHI to put the genie back into the bottle. Tarik is a lesser Tyreek (heh) and can be utilized all over the field.

Regarding it being just a game; Cohen showed his ability well into the pre-season so this isn't just a Week 1 thing.

Lastly, Jordan Howard dropped what could have been a game-winner and the CHI receiving corp is in shambles. At the very least, Cohen is going to receive additional volume and attention from a play-calling perspective. Does he become an every-down back? No, but it does lower Howard's ceiling.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

RVProfootballer posted:

Dunno if the bolded is actually true. Ingram had 5 targets to Kamara's 6, though I didn't watch the game so don't know if Kamara came in on most 3rd downs. I do like him as one of the best lotto tickets, though, like you said because of the offense he's in and the fact that he's probably more individually talented than some of the other guys (Buck Allen? Sims? lol).
https://twitter.com/ChrisRaybon/status/907759766105202688

It's not going an exact split like you see somewhere like Washington, where Chris Thompson is specifically their third-down guy. Ingram will see usage in the passing game. But when the Saints were in comeback mode and focused on playing an uptempo pass-first game, Kamara was the guy on the field the most. Part of that is due to the game script but Payton and Brees have always loved their versatile satellite backs. poo poo, Travaris Cadet saw as many red zone targets as Mark Ingram last year (11) and Kamara is a big upgrade on Cadet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

My team:

Anyone else have thoughts on this? I want to do it but something is holding me back.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Rather have Kelley or James White in a non standard? Leaning Kelley

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Two backups for a starting TE that was made the absolute priority of the New England defense? Yes.

Kamara is getting more snaps than Ingram. Cohen is the backup runningback.

Kelce is a beast who is going to put up a 100 yard game soon. Like this week if the Eagles focus on Hill and Hunt.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

It's going to be difficult for CHI to put the genie back into the bottle. Tarik is a lesser Tyreek (heh) and can be utilized all over the field.

Regarding it being just a game; Cohen showed his ability well into the pre-season so this isn't just a Week 1 thing.

Lastly, Jordan Howard dropped what could have been a game-winner and the CHI receiving corp is in shambles. At the very least, Cohen is going to receive additional volume and attention from a play-calling perspective. Does he become an every-down back? No, but it does lower Howard's ceiling.

But Chicago's other pass catchers are rapidly dying, like you say. Why do we think Cohen eats into the workload of the only other competent offensive player, as opposed to taking a bunch of volume from the terrible guys? Instead of White and Wheaton catching a few dozen passes and a handful of touchdowns, Cohen might. If he's versatile like Tyreek, line him up out wide, keep Howard running the ball. But I don't see how it lowers Howard's ceiling really, he can still receive his handful of targets a game too (like he did week 1), along with the majority of the carries. Or you think Cohen's good enough/Howard's bad enough that the pass play percentage is actually going to go up?

Tiptoes posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisRaybon/status/907759766105202688

It's not going an exact split like you see somewhere like Washington, where Chris Thompson is specifically their third-down guy. Ingram will see usage in the passing game. But when the Saints were in comeback mode and focused on playing an uptempo pass-first game, Kamara was the guy on the field the most. Part of that is due to the game script but Payton and Brees have always loved their versatile satellite backs. poo poo, Travaris Cadet saw as many red zone targets as Mark Ingram last year (11) and Kamara is a big upgrade on Cadet.

Nice, good info. Will be interesting to see when gamescript is more in NO's favor, but I'm excited to see what Kamara can do.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

Rather have Kelley or James White in a non standard? Leaning Kelley

Anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What's a non standard? .5? 1? 5?

• Locked thread