Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Without fanart, we wouldn't know that Little Jerry is a power bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I listened to this week's live episode, and the coffee shop question wasn't that bad. It was pretty funny how passive-aggressively they handled it.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

inthesto posted:

I listened to this week's live episode, and the coffee shop question wasn't that bad. It was pretty funny how passive-aggressively they handled it.

I forgot all about that question almost immediately because holy poo poo everything else was so good! It sounds like we'll be getting the NY and Boston shows too!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqolWgXC1nE

Good Good Boys play Destiny 2's new raid blind.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Asiina posted:

For me the empathetic part is that I hate shows about terrible people.

"You are supposed to laugh when bad things happen to them" is usually the explanation, but really I just have no idea why I am spending time watching people I hate.

Seinfeld and It's Always Sunny are the best examples, but things like Arrested Development falls into it too.

For me, its every one of those Housewives shows. I detest everyone involved and can't see why people watch it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Monster Factory is different now and I don't like it.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Monster Factory is different now and I don't like it.

the regular monster factory series is still gonna exist like normal; the shorter facebook poo poo is just a side series

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

dmboogie posted:

the regular monster factory series is still gonna exist like normal; the shorter facebook poo poo is just a side series

So says Griffin but three weeks without monster factory tells a different story

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a story that monster factory has been delayed for some reason or another

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Judge Schnoopy posted:

So says Griffin but three weeks without monster factory tells a different story

It's almost like they had a major work crisis and then went on a liveshow tour and also one of them is pregnant.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

dogsicle posted:

a story that monster factory has been delayed for some reason or another

It's because Mark Zuckberg owns the factory now.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Ojjeorago posted:

It's almost like they had a major work crisis and then went on a liveshow tour and also one of them is pregnant.

It's like destiny 2 came out and Griffin and Justin spend all their time doing that.

Not complaining of course, it's their job and they can run the show however they like and I honestly enjoyed the raid stream today.

But saying it's because they don't have time for video games right now is probably not the most accurate sentiment.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Monster Factory schedule has always been erratic.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ojjeorago posted:

I know Griffin's into vore, but I wasn't expecting mpreg to be something the boys are into :v:

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Judge Schnoopy posted:

It's like destiny 2 came out and Griffin and Justin spend all their time doing that.

Not complaining of course, it's their job and they can run the show however they like and I honestly enjoyed the raid stream today.

But saying it's because they don't have time for video games right now is probably not the most accurate sentiment.

Yeah, having your most popular hosts cover one the the years most anticipated tent pole release that you are hoping probably generates a lot of yearly average traffic to present to advertisers? I believe they are doing their jobs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ojjeorago posted:

This Winter, Justin McElroy is, Mr. Mom 2: It's literal this time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kmzh posted:

Monster Factory schedule has always been erratic.

Yeah wasn't it like 6 weeks between FF XIV and NBA 2k18? Summer is a pretty busy time for the video game industry and, on top of that, a game that has both a robust enough character creation tool and can inspire a half hour long comedy video has to be getting harder to find with how long the series has run.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This Winter, Justin McElroy is, Mr. Mom 2: It's literal this time.

In 2018, Griffin McElroy is Arnold Schwarzenegger's pregnant son in Junior Junior.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah wasn't it like 6 weeks between FF XIV and NBA 2k18? Summer is a pretty busy time for the video game industry and, on top of that, a game that has both a robust enough character creation tool and can inspire a half hour long comedy video has to be getting harder to find with how long the series has run.

Plus this is a really good year for video games. I wouldn't expect original video content to pick back up anytime soon either, because next month Super Mario Oddessy and Wolfenstein: The New Colossus both come out.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
What's the live ep with the audience question about the dog digging up human bones?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

DC live show from last year

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
What's up with the "Just Like Art" Monster Factory edits? Like, why is there a weird intro, messy (like, gooey) transitions, and frequent cutaways? Does someone else edit them or something? It's very weird. I mean it's still MF so I'm happy to get more, I'm just confused as to the fact that it's so bizarre.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
They're just trying something new.

I kinda like it, their video editing matches what they're doing to their poor sweet babies.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I honestly couldn't stand it and stopped watching halfway through.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like the added prompt of them having to make an artsy picture centered around their creation. the editing is totally fine except when it cuts to random clips of other stuff (e.g bug's life in ep1) or goes wild with inserting music

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm pretty sure somebody (Facebook, maybe?) is paying them to make these episodes, which is also part of why they are on Facebook in the first place. Probably not all of the editing decisions are their own this time around.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I loved it. Given its reception in the thread, I thought it was going to be some wacky over-the-top shitshow, but it was a couple nice little transitions and titles on a short-form adaptation of the monster factory formula. The cutaways didn't bother me much, although I totally forgot about them until they were just mentioned. Overall, I think it's a great supplement, and probably the best way to condense the idea into something bite-sized.

I like the idea of only going out into the world long enough to find a good snapshot, too. It reminds me of the times when they're goofing around and call out "there's the thumbnail!" except now it's like a little hunt to find a picturesque scene to plop their new creation into.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

I'm pretty sure somebody (Facebook, maybe?) is paying them to make these episodes, which is also part of why they are on Facebook in the first place. Probably not all of the editing decisions are their own this time around.

This is the third time this conversation has been had ITT, and I'm starting to suspect it'll happen again every time a new episode is dropped.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Who What Now posted:

This is the third time this conversation has been had ITT, and I'm starting to suspect it'll happen again every time a new episode is dropped.

This is a very cyclical thread. It's part of the reason the Polygon thread splintered off in the first place.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I bring you good news

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/908418053544833024

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The king's game!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

CaptainViolence posted:

I like the idea of only going out into the world long enough to find a good snapshot, too. It reminds me of the times when they're goofing around and call out "there's the thumbnail!" except now it's like a little hunt to find a picturesque scene to plop their new creation into.

And then immediately fill with 500 animals.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

The king's game!

Ball Chess.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Fans posted:

And then immediately fill with 500 animals.

Griffin needing to kill wolves to fit the frame, and then proceeding to kill the wrong wolves several times, is probably my favorite moment of these so far.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

First Barenaked Ladies in TAZ, and now Smash Mouth?

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I don't mind the Facebook videos. I'm having less and less time for YouTube videos that are longer than an episode of TV + commercials, but 6-8 minute videos are great.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mikedawson posted:

Ball Chess.

I hate ball chess!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm dissapointed that CGI is dead because this would have been a very "Mario has nipples" heavy episode

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ahaha, I knew it! They couldn't NOT do Everybody's Jolf!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

change my name posted:

I'm dissapointed that CGI is dead because this would have been a very "Mario has nipples" heavy episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/908419614962577409