Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
TMZ probably fit the info from the police who frequently lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

zoux posted:

Well, the original report of 2 lbs in a backpack came from TMZ so between them on one side and his agent on another I guess we don't really have a good source for this. The LAPD spokesman statement is vague. When's weed legal in CA again?

From the AP

quote:

Sacramento Kings forward Zach Randolph has been charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession and resisting arrest following an incident this month when a large gathering became unruly at a Los Angeles housing project, prosecutors said Thursday.

The two-time NBA All-Star had initially been arrested on suspicion of possessing marijuana with intent to sell - a felony - but Los Angeles city prosecutors instead charged Randolph with misdemeanor drug possession.

Court documents say the 36-year-old Randolph possessed "more than 28.5 grams of marijuana or more than four grams of concentrated cannabis or both." Randolph also is accused of resisting arrest and obstructing a Los Angeles police officer in the discharge of their duties.

Just sounds like his agent trying to cloud the water.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/908100146780672000

NATE ROB

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

Well, the original report of 2 lbs in a backpack came from TMZ so between them on one side and his agent on another I guess we don't really have a good source for this. The LAPD spokesman statement is vague. When's weed legal in CA again?

It probably means that he was searched and the marajuana was found on his person through non-legal means, meaning the police had to drop the charges.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Nate Robinson on the Wolves would be extremely my poo poo; the Wolves was presently constructed are this weird hybrid between the 10-13 Bulls and the young stars of Minny

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is Minny just trying to solve their bench problems by fielding the first 5 PG gunner bench unit

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
If the T wolves sign Nate Rob I'm buying a jersey

:toxx:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yes. Nate Rob. Do it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Nate Rob being a Thibs favorite is awesome. I'd be a little sad he'd be taking Tyus Jones minutes though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/908346662036426752

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wow 3 AS games.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

zoux posted:

Wow 3 AS games.

I want the Pelicans to retire David West's jersey and I think he only made a single All-Star game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Nate Rob being a Thibs favorite is awesome. I'd be a little sad he'd be taking Tyus Jones minutes though.

He's just going to teach Tyus how to ball out while also being shorter than a middle schooler

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

WhyteRyce posted:

Shouldn't have made an enemy out of him KD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_yyAWaMFc0

KDs insole spell checker/grammar nazi. Nice work if you can get it

edited

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 14, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

zoux posted:

Wow 3 AS games.

He probably would have had several more, but he hurt his back part of the way through the Bullets' 77-78 championship season. He was a really good SG.

He's also been their TV broadcaster for decades.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Peja was in 2 all-star games and got his number retired

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

Peja was in 2 all-star games and got his number retired

Video Game stats count too.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OH HELL YEAH THE BULLS HAVE DIAMOND STONE

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

OH HELL YEAH THE BULLS HAVE DIAMOND STONE

They are never signing Mirotic.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
the last ep of Zach Lowe is dope esp for someone who ignored the Celtics. Rick Robey being Bird's drinking buddy and getting traded. Bill Walton ending up in BIrd's kitchen and just drinking whiskey waiting for him to wake up (drat me and Bill are so simpatico)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

you guys think that Boston, Minnesota, and other teams that added a lot of new people will start out slow? I've been debating this back and forth with my friends and the opinion is surprisingly split. I'm of the mind that they'll be slow out of the gate for like November and December and then take off after the new year

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Punkin Spunkin posted:

the last ep of Zach Lowe is dope esp for someone who ignored the Celtics. Rick Robey being Bird's drinking buddy and getting traded. Bill Walton ending up in BIrd's kitchen and just drinking whiskey waiting for him to wake up (drat me and Bill are so simpatico)

I don't generally really care about journalists or notice who writes what, but Jackie MacMullan is really cool.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Come on, Thibs, Ben Gordon is out there, waiting to lead the T'Wolves to the promised land. You know you want to sign him!

edit:

FIBA puts all completed Eurobasket games up on Youtube. Everyone should watch Slovenia - Latvia once it is available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?FIBAWorld?videos

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 14, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Zogo's posted a billion words about how continuity really matters for the regular season.

For reference, the way much more talented Lebron Heat started out 12-8 in their first 20 games.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
https://twitter.com/DavidCozette/status/908374336188411904

I guess Boris is done in the NBA. Godspeed, you classical human being you. May your cappuccino be ever frothy.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Juaguocio posted:

I guess Boris is done in the NBA. Godspeed, you classical human being you. May your cappuccino be ever frothy.

He has an NBA out-clause so maybe not yet

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Juaguocio posted:

Whoa I speak basketball French.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Carlosologist posted:

you guys think that Boston, Minnesota, and other teams that added a lot of new people will start out slow? I've been debating this back and forth with my friends and the opinion is surprisingly split. I'm of the mind that they'll be slow out of the gate for like November and December and then take off after the new year

The Celtics have 4 people returning this year, I'd be pleasantly surprised with a .500 record over the first two months

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

zoux posted:

Whoa I speak basketball French.

Rude that he calls it a "fat scoop" just cuz it's Diaw

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
In honor of Diaw's retirement, I am sharing a story I only recently heard about :

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/6/15/5812532/presenting-the-most-boris-diaw-anecdote-imaginable

quote:

Amar'e Stoudemire's pre-draft vertical was measured at 32 inches standing and 35.5 inches max. Boris Diaw -- albeit a young, slenderer Boris Diaw -- matched that in one try, barefoot, with a belly full of coffee and probably a pastry or six. And then he said, "That was not difficult."

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

Wolves need to fix some big things on defense. Butler and Taj will help a lot but it will take time. Losing Rubio will also take adjustment since he drove so much of that offense. I don't think they'll be bad, but there will be growing pains.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Kings got one thing right.

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/908405089387212800

And I think IT's hip is better, at least in vidya games world.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/908321384509722625

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

That and other anecdotes make it clear that Diaw was a freakishly physically gifted dude even by NBA standards but French and thus more interested in the finer things in life than being LeBron-style hypercompetitve but even then is uninterested in lowering himself to giving credence to lazy "run the ball through one guy" schemes and is probably my second-favorite Spur ever after Manu.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

That and other anecdotes make it sound like Diaw was a freakishly physically gifted dude even by NBA standards but French and more interested in the finer things in life than being LeBron-style hypercompetitve and uninterested in lowering himself to "run the ball through one guy" schemes and is probably my second-favorite Spur ever after Manu.

Several of those terrible Bobcats teams basically ran the ball through Diaw, actually. Then again he ate himself into oblivion there in order to force them to cut him so you're probably right after all

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Redgrendel2001 posted:

And I think IT's hip is better, at least in vidya games world.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/908321384509722625

Required post for me to say that this is from Live, not 2K

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Here's the longer uncensored video, https://v.redd.it/dldeajx06jlz

Makes more sense that he's playing Live

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some of these are pretty funny

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010