Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wanna see SB 51 in lego now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Why do the Buccs have to win at social media poo poo?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Wanna see SB 51 in lego now.

It makes sense, being that SB51 randomly annihilates me while I'm walking around minding my own barefoot business.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

It makes sense, being that SB51 randomly annihilates me while I'm walking around minding my own barefoot business.

:perfect:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Why do the Buccs have to win at social media poo poo?

Because their team is the Buccs and they have nothing better to do with their time?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Because their team is the Buccs and they have nothing better to do with their time?

Bucs have had a lot of free time lately but I'm not sure why

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bucs have had a lot of free time lately but I'm not sure why

I still can't believe that was the solution. Enjoy your 16 straight weeks I guess :shrug:

I am very curious to see how the Bucs look on Sunday. Week 1 is always so weird (Week 2 in this case) and I'm genuinely curious if the hype is real. I think it is :ohdear:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I am too, honestly. I don't feel like Hard Knocks or preaseason gave us any indication on how well they'll actually play. I will say that Doug Martin looks fresh and lean (BSOHL!!) so it'll be interesting to see what he does when he comes back too.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

I still can't believe that was the solution. Enjoy your 16 straight weeks I guess :shrug:

I am very curious to see how the Bucs look on Sunday. Week 1 is always so weird (Week 2 in this case) and I'm genuinely curious if the hype is real. I think it is :ohdear:

Not this year. Most teams cursed with 16 straight weeks end up winning 4-5 games. loving hell Miami

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I am too, honestly. I don't feel like Hard Knocks or preaseason gave us any indication on how well they'll actually play. I will say that Doug Martin looks fresh and lean (BSOHL!!) so it'll be interesting to see what he does when he comes back too.

Yeah, I don't know what to expect from them. I can only hope that Glennon returns to his former stomping ground and lights it up but lol. I used to love me some Muscle Hampster, dude just cannot stay healthy to save his life. I still unironically love Quizz.

Nystral posted:

Not this year. Most teams cursed with 16 straight weeks end up winning 4-5 games. loving hell Miami

Yeah, it really is a huge disadvantage. Like even if they jump out to a good start, I wonder how much they fade late in the season when games really start to gain importance because of the impact playing all those games consecutively plays on the body.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

If Martin is working like he was in 2015, that takes a lot of pressure off of Jameis, so that could equal a super explosive offense.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

If Martin is working like he was in 2015, that takes a lot of pressure off of Jameis, so that could equal a super explosive offense.

I'm not super confident the oline can block anyone. The coaching staff seems fine with it though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I'm not super confident the oline can block anyone. The coaching staff seems fine with it though.

Out of curiosity, what are the Bucs weaknesses in your opinion?

From an outsider's perspective, WR, TE, DLine/LB all big strengths. OLine/Secondary suspect. Jameis...who the hell knows.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

From an outsider's perspective, WR, TE, DLine/LB all big strengths. OLine/Secondary suspect. Jameis...who the hell knows.

The oline sticks out but it's pretty much the same group for three years now, with the addition of Sweezy this year.
Pass rush is still a big concern. The pieces are there, they just need to produce. Run D should be really good though.
Secondary is super thin but the addition of TJ Ward should hopefully help.
The kicking game per usual.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

They were fine with it in Atlanta too when we went 4-12 and 6-10.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Oline is fine but not great, but the secondary, especially the safety position is the real Achilles heel of this team. Any decent QB is probably going to torch the Bucs, especially if Grimes or Hargreaves gets injured. The pass rush is nothing to write home about either unless Spence can turn into something.

Also Jamies is never going to be Pey-pey or Brady or Rodgers, he's basically Brett Favre come back. A really tough guy who's incredibly competitive and who can scramble and extend plays like mad, but who will toss a bunch of INTs and drive you nuts.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Yeah, I don't know what to expect from them.

Let me just tell you and the 1 week ago me that expectations are pain.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Let me just tell you and the 1 week ago me that expectations are pain.

Your first mistake was allowing yourself to feel...what's the word...optimism

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I know ya'll are just whistling past the graveyard with this constant pessimism but if you really think your team has no shot what's the point of watching football? I start every year thinking this is the year they get good, and since the Bucs are not the Browns, one of these years I'll be correct. I think its this year. :)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A Pale Horse posted:

I know ya'll are just whistling past the graveyard with this constant pessimism but if you really think your team has no shot what's the point of watching football? I start every year thinking this is the year they get good, and since the Bucs are not the Browns, one of these years I'll be correct. I think its this year. :)

Bane born in darkness.txt

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

Entire franchises have lived and died since the Lions or Browns won a title.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

A Pale Horse posted:

This may be the year it comes to fruition, PH!

I am pretty optimistic going into this year. The Bears game scared me a little, the Packer game scares me a lot, but I like where Quinn has the roster and the depth and "hangover" stuff aside, expect them to make another run. Here's to hoping! I do think our division is going to be insanely competitive and our divisional games are going to be bonkers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This may be the year it comes to fruition, PH!

I am pretty optimistic going into this year. The Bears game scared me a little, the Packer game scares me a lot, but I like where Quinn has the roster and the depth and "hangover" stuff aside, expect them to make another run. Here's to hoping! I do think our division is going to be insanely competitive and our divisional games are going to be bonkers.

The packers also looked bad, I'm fine with this.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The only thing the Saints have a chance at this season is ruining some other NFCS teams playoff seeding and, hell, that's good enough.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

big money big clit posted:

The only thing the Saints have a chance at this season is ruining some other NFCS teams playoff seeding and, hell, that's good enough.

Hey! Every year we think "This could be the year."

In 2009, we were finally right!

Why not 2017? Why not Zoidberg?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey! Every year we think "This could be the year."

In 2009, we were finally right!

Why not 2017? Why not Zoidberg?

Mostly because that team looked good and this one looked bad in every phase Monday night.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

big money big clit posted:

Mostly because that team looked good and this one looked bad in every phase Monday night.

Screw it, someone's got to be an optimist. :)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I am pretty optimistic going into this year.

Dude

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

What? I am :shobon:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Life is pain friend.

All hate aside for the Falcons, if they get a ring I will be super pumped for Duke Riley and his family and you dudes itt but shittalk it massively elsewhere at all times.

Edit: Everyone should know a championship win in their lifetimes.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

Life is pain friend.

All hate aside for the Falcons, if they get a ring I will be super pumped for Duke Riley and his family and you dudes itt but shittalk it massively elsewhere at all times.

Edit: Everyone should know a championship win in their lifetimes.

Off-season melt downs aside, I really am high on the team and the should be back but man you never know.

I thought last year was going to be my taste of
championship because I remember you saints goons and how happy you were and how happy I was for you but maybe one day...

Duke is p cool I agree :allears:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Off-season melt downs aside, I really am high on the team and the should be back but man you never know.

I thought last year was going to be my taste of
championship because I remember you saints goons and how happy you were and how happy I was for you but maybe one day...

Duke is p cool I agree :allears:

No for real, photoshop brooks reed's face over Julio's face.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

No for real, photoshop brooks reed's face over Julio's face.

Hah. I'd change it but meh.

I almost changed it to the spongebob meme pic with "TwENty eIGhT To tHrEe" but :effort:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Hah. I'd change it but meh.

I almost changed it to the spongebob meme pic with "TwENty eIGhT To tHrEe" but :effort:

i got u fam

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I'm not convinced the Panthers will ever win a super bowl.

I grew up in Tampa as a Bucs fan and had season tickets through those awful seasons in the late 80s and early 90s. I got to see them win one. I have less faith in the Panthers. Because I know they will give me hope and let me down.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

boxcarhobo posted:

i got u fam

Ahahahaha it's great! :allears:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Asnorban posted:

I grew up in Tampa as a Bucs fan and had season tickets through those awful seasons in the late 80s and early 90s. I got to see them win one. I have less faith in the Panthers. Because I know they will give me hope and let me down.

dont put that evil on my team

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Asnorban posted:

They aren't called the Consistency Cats.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's almost comforting to know that if we do well the next year is gonna loving blow, because that means the year after that we're gonna be pretty good again!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eh, if you can make it to the playoffs semi healthy you've got a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Does any other Bucs fan feel like the season hasn't really started yet, since they didn't play?

Or is that just me because I missed Week 1 due to Irma?

• Locked thread