Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
If you're open to suggestions for the OP, I'd recommend the one used to pitch the kickstarter that, in an alternate timeline, actually funded this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb76XWttOnI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Do we even know how much it's going to be yet?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Burkion posted:

Do we even know how much it's going to be yet?
Two and a half million dollars.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

The gently caress you mean this game is actually going to exist in TYOOL 2017. I can't wait to see what kind of ridiculous mess this game is.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Plom Bar posted:

If you're open to suggestions for the OP, I'd recommend the one used to pitch the kickstarter that, in an alternate timeline, actually funded this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb76XWttOnI

its a nice idea but as far as we know everything in this video is utterly unrelated to the final product

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Game's out in a couple hours. If you kickstarted, expect a code in your inbox for either steam or humble bundle.

For better or worse, gird your loins.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Ha ha ha, I'll get my physical copy when all four episodes are done. In other words, never.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

My kid just got her key (it's a Humble Bundle link), and forwarded it to me because she lost interest in Homestuck years ago. I now have a painful decision. You have to choose between downloading and a Steam key. The downloadable version works right now. The Steam key won't activate until 11. Steam is way, way more convenient for me, and I also like having the game show up in Discord. But waiting is baaaaad!

This is going to be fun for me. After 11 AM, anyway.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

The download is 1.9 GB with the soundtrack.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Thank you. That helps. (Did you go for the download, then?) Pulled the trigger on the Steam key.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Thank you. That helps. (Did you go for the download, then?) Pulled the trigger on the Steam key.

Yeah I went DRM free. Probably not gonna have time to play it until Sunday, but at least it'll be there.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Venturebeat gave Hiveswap an 85/100 from someone who hadn't read Homestuck. Might actually be a decent game?! :aaa:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Gadgets 360 was less kind, with a 5/10, notably from some one who HAS read Homestuck.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

It's incredibly beautiful. Rah-Bop really knocked herself out on the backgrounds.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Hussie just made his first news post in forever, epilogue still incoming. Partnership with viz media on books and the epilogue

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Ohtsam posted:

Hussie just made his first news post in forever, epilogue still incoming. Partnership with viz media on books and the epilogue

Where's this posted? MSPA website has nothing.

I downloaded this game and I'm playing it. I'm heartened by the good reviews so far!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thanks alot assbag posted:

Where's this posted? MSPA website has nothing.

I downloaded this game and I'm playing it. I'm heartened by the good reviews so far!

https://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/v/1006498

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Sometimes you have to do a shift+F5 to refresh the mspa website before the new newsposts show up.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

People, people, you're missing the biggest story of them all here.

They finally registered homestuck.com

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the game is super very pretty but weirdly buggy and i closed it after a half-hour out of boredom

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

the game is super very pretty but weirdly buggy and i closed it after a half-hour out of boredom
Pretty sure I'm looking into the future, right here.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I am having a fantastic time, but then I love puzzle-adventure games.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I stopped because I couldn't find the diary key :saddowns: I'm really bad at adventure games

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

:siren: Look at your bed.

Second hint: Look at the pink toy on your bed.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I second the 'actually enjoying this' crowd, which is surprising. The flavor text is actually enjoyable and fun?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

edit: Figured out I was in the wrong place.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 14, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hussie for gently caress's sake you don't get a redo on your awful epilogue, you've burned your goodwill already. It's not like you're going to do anything other than having Vriska beat LE anyway.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I can't Steam-screenshot text that pops up, and I can't Mac-screenshot either. This makes me sad.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Hussie for gently caress's sake you don't get a redo on your awful epilogue, you've burned your goodwill already. It's not like you're going to do anything other than having Vriska beat LE anyway.

There hasn't been an epilogue yet. The Snapchat thing is officially just the credits.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
2017 continues to be an extremely strange year

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

had some bugs with the game screen not aligning properly but i thought it was pretty decent otherwise?
like, not amazing or groundbreaking, or anything i see busting and top-seller lists but it was a charming enough three some hours
i dunno if that's like, worth buying, but it's certainly better then i expected

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Didn't know there was a Games thread for this already. It's been like 5 years, does anyone remember if all the tiers that had gamepak1 above the $75 $80 threshold were supposed to get a physical copy of the game, or just the one specific tier at $80? Not sure if I should be expecting something or not.

I still can't believe this is real.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Also how the gently caress has this not been posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcEBX74AWE

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Wrist Watch posted:

Didn't know there was a Games thread for this already. It's been like 5 years, does anyone remember if all the tiers that had gamepak1 above the $75 $80 threshold were supposed to get a physical copy of the game, or just the one specific tier at $80? Not sure if I should be expecting something or not.

I still can't believe this is real.

From the kickstarter update two days ago:
"Just a reminder, physical copies of the complete HIVESWAP will be distributed after all four acts are released. "

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY
Homestuck eh ?

*looks up and down*

What a bag of salty gently caress.

On the other hand it reminded me I have this avatar from donkeys ago because of it.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Well sure, but what I'm trying to figure out is if I'm part of that group. I pledged $230 (don't judge me, I was young and stupid), but what's confusing me is if the physical copy of the game included in gamepak1 at $80 is unique to that tier or included at my level. It looks like it's supposed to be exclusive to that tier which is tripping me up with how exponentially retarded a marketing decision it would be were that the case.

Also, fun fact: the reward descriptions list the physical copy at $75 but the listed pledge wants $80 instead

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Wrist Watch posted:

Well sure, but what I'm trying to figure out is if I'm part of that group. I pledged $230 (don't judge me, I was young and stupid), but what's confusing me is if the physical copy of the game included in gamepak1 at $80 is unique to that tier or included at my level. It looks like it's supposed to be exclusive to that tier which is tripping me up with how exponentially retarded a marketing decision it would be were that the case.

Also, fun fact: the reward descriptions list the physical copy at $75 but the listed pledge wants $80 instead

i think your best bet then is to just e-mail and straight up ask

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Wrist Watch posted:

As far as I can tell, unless you got Gamepak1+Physical or any tier with Gamepak2 you will not be getting a physical copy, which is definitely stupid and I distinctly remember being confused by that years ago because many of the mega packs didn't include Gamepak2.

Also I think the extra 5 bucks was shipping.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Played through it. To be honest, it didn't really thrill me. I can forgive the rough edges, but it never felt like it was funny enough, and there's not enough adventure in it either (perhaps understandable for part 1/4 but that doesn't do anything to make it better now). I had high hopes for the soundtrack based on the trailers (particularly 'old secret') but I'm finding it fairly humdrum--competent for sure, but not exciting either. I doubt I'll want to listen to any of the music again, and Old Secret isn't even on the soundtrack. Things like the absurd number of item interactions are cool conceptually, but in practice the text wasn't funny enough for me to bother with too many of them. It overall feels like a reasonably competent imitation of Hussie's style, but without the special sauce that makes Hussie's writing so funny.
As a side-note, I also didn't particularly enjoy the take on Jake or Roxy for that matter. In early Homestuck when parents/guardians were insane or neglectful it was fun and still managed to characterize the kids. Just going whole hog on the obvious problems with having an artifact-hunting globetrotting dad is sort of unimaginative and unfun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Zutaten posted:

As far as I can tell, unless you got Gamepak1+Physical or any tier with Gamepak2 you will not be getting a physical copy, which is definitely stupid and I distinctly remember being confused by that years ago because many of the mega packs didn't include Gamepak2.

Also I think the extra 5 bucks was shipping.

gently caress, it's coming back to me now, you're right. Jesus, this whole thing was kind of a mess.

AriadneThread posted:

i think your best bet then is to just e-mail and straight up ask

Yeah, I think I'll do this anyway. If they say no I'll see if they'll throw it in as a sorry for missing their release date by half a loving decade with basically zero communication.

• Locked thread