Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.

McDragon posted:

Yes, it finally did what I was hoping with a scare. Most of a room turning into Mimics. Plus it suckered me in with the obvious one before jumping me and that has always been one of my favourite videogame things.

Kind of broke it by making GBS threads it, running out of the room and superthermalling the door but it was good fun all the same.

Are you talking about parts storage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Amish Ninja posted:

Are you talking about parts storage?

Vaguely remember that name and a fright, so probably. That and calibration are probably two of the best I remember.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
That room was such an anticlimax for me :downs: But reading about it just makes it all the more entertaining how I just got what I needed off a shelf and left.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Part of me thinks they should have saved that scare for after the room fills with hydrogen gas. Some people may miss it entirely just by GLOOing up a wall or by fixing the tanks before going up but it would be the perfect to put in something like that which triggers a panic "Where's my shotgun-oops I exploded" response rather than just a few easily wrench'd phantoms.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Yo is this game gonna get DLC at some point because I’m nearing the end of my second playthrough and I really can’t get enough. I wouldn’t care if it retconned in another half of Talos 1, I just want more.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Yeah it was already planned before the release and I think the game wasn't a total sales flop so that hasn't changed. We don't know any details though.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
My money is on Morgan kicking over the other outpost that got hinted at.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Going after dear mommy and daddy? I could see it.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

GlyphGryph posted:

Going after dear mommy and daddy? I could see it.

well I mean I'd like to hope they're gonna pay James Hong for more than 30 seconds of dialogue

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I just bought this based on the demo and it's on sale used from Gamefly for like $18.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
B-side scenario where you play as Daud, I mean Dahl

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm not assuming a full standalone ala the Dishonored xpacs, I'd just as soon assume the survival mode is forthcoming

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The Daud standalone DLCs were some of my favourite bits of DLC from the last decade, I would be completely fine with the same thing in Prey form.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

IMJack posted:

B-side scenario where you play as Daud, I mean Dahl

Yesssssss

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

vorebane posted:

My money is on Morgan kicking over the other outpost that got hinted at.

This would rule.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Hell yeah, moon base DLC please.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I think I meant a space station, I seem to remember an audio log that mentioned a shuttle pilot getting sign of some kind of installation floating nearish to Talos One.

although trying to root typhon out of the moon might be worth a full sequel i dunno.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Only on my second playthrough did I get to the corpse on the floating electronic billboard that circled the station. I finished what he was working on.
It broke my heart. Just a little bit.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Vib Rib posted:

Only on my second playthrough did I get to the corpse on the floating electronic billboard that circled the station. I finished what he was working on.
It broke my heart. Just a little bit.

Later on you find he got the idea from a co-worker while figuring out how to do the right thing

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I want the DLC to be about Danielle Sho

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hell, a Half Life style DLC about someone going through a normal day on Talos 1 when the outbreak happens would be cool. Maybe some maintenance guy doing his job and then alarms start going off and something he's holding turns into a mimic and he runs away and has to find a way off the station. It doesn't even have to follow the events of the main game, since that wasn't technically what really happened..

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
When are they announcing the Captain Stabfellow DLC

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Hell, a Half Life style DLC about someone going through a normal day on Talos 1 when the outbreak happens would be cool. Maybe some maintenance guy doing his job and then alarms start going off and something he's holding turns into a mimic and he runs away and has to find a way off the station. It doesn't even have to follow the events of the main game, since that wasn't technically what really happened..

A Majora's Mask style of scenario, living the same day again and again trying to solve puzzles and save lives. It starts as an ordinary day on the station, and then the mimics break cover and start facefucking people around halfway through the day.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If they're going to do the Arkane standard DLC I'd assume it'd be Elazar during the initial outbreak. But with Prey's creative director gone I wouldn't expect anything too ambitious - any time a high-level executive leaves a company it's typically bad news for the projects they represented, since they're usually the one person who could advocate for them to the money men. That's how games get canceled

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mzbundifund posted:

When are they announcing the Captain Stabfellow DLC

Do it like Borderlands 2 Tiny Tina DLC, which would completely break the atmosphere but I was a sucker for a story with the levels and enemies changing based on what the DM decided at the time

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Holy gently caress that ending. I was suspecting certain things but then it still surprised me. Dunno how the other ones go but I guess they might kill you if you do different things. Went for taking hand in the end. Also did the Nullwave thing. Had to press the button with the nerf gun of course.

Giant loving Typhon was a great "oh poo poo" moment.

e: also I like all the examples in the game from notes and stuff of this sort of thing happening to mimics
https://i.imgur.com/oLVoNlp.jpg

e2: oh, Dishonored 2 next I guess

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 14, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

IMJack posted:

A Majora's Mask style of scenario, living the same day again and again trying to solve puzzles and save lives. It starts as an ordinary day on the station, and then the mimics break cover and start facefucking people around halfway through the day.

Or go full AVP and you're a mimic that escaped containment and your goal is to start the clusterfuck rolling, possibly switching into bigger Typhon as you free them or something :v:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Or go full AVP and you're a mimic that escaped containment and your goal is to start the clusterfuck rolling, possibly switching into bigger Typhon as you free them or something :v:

I unironically love this idea.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I was thinking more Katamari but both sound good

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'm a little ways into this--current storyline objective is making it to Deep Storage via Psychotronics--and it's everything I wanted from Bioshock. (I liked Bioshock, mind, but it wasn't what I expected.) Thus far I've spent my Neuromods on Repair, Hacking and Leverage on the basis that one of those 3 is the solution to getting past almost every non-keycard locked door. However it's starting to catch up to me now that I'm regularly running into the purple phantoms and mimics. Fortified turrets only carry you so far. Will the base level of Combat Focus make a meaningful difference?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I thought of that too but I don't think it would be that fun if you also wanted to remain consistent with the in-game lore. They'd have to introduce a new Typhon to play as

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
In the absence of New Game Plus, does anyone know what would likely happen if I just started a new game and used a trainer to jam a ton of Neuromods into my skull as soon as I get to the lobby?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
there would be literally no difficulty curve whatsoever.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Rangpur posted:

Thus far I've spent my Neuromods on Repair, Hacking and Leverage on the basis that one of those 3 is the solution to getting past almost every non-keycard locked door.

Repair and Mimic alone are enough to get you passed every non-Keycard locked door but one, and Mimic is imo the best access skill. Hacking makes is quicker and easier though, obviously.

Are there any doors that actually require leverage?

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Rangpur posted:

I'm a little ways into this--current storyline objective is making it to Deep Storage via Psychotronics--and it's everything I wanted from Bioshock. (I liked Bioshock, mind, but it wasn't what I expected.) Thus far I've spent my Neuromods on Repair, Hacking and Leverage on the basis that one of those 3 is the solution to getting past almost every non-keycard locked door. However it's starting to catch up to me now that I'm regularly running into the purple phantoms and mimics. Fortified turrets only carry you so far. Will the base level of Combat Focus make a meaningful difference?

If you're going human heavy take the base combat focus and 1 level in whatever lets you upgrade security weapons. Then maybe 1 level in firearms/sneak/the speed perks. That will let you upgrade the shotgun a lot more with upgrade kits.

Unless you're going full engineer, then get combat focus and put the points into the wrench instead of the guns. You'll really want combat focus for wrenching. Or use leverage to throw giant boxes at enemies. Combine it with sneak for big laughs.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Repair and Mimic alone are enough to get you passed every non-Keycard locked door but one, and Mimic is imo the best access skill. Hacking makes is quicker and easier though, obviously.

Are there any doors that actually require leverage?
Wait, you can move as a Mimic? Like, actually shrink down into a coffee mug and slip through the cracks? Holy poo poo, I love this game.

...Probably going pure human for the first play-through however, since I'm attached to my turret buddies and it lets me turn the majority of Psi-Hypos into sweet, sweet cubes.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Is it possible to find passwords for all the non broken computers? Just wondering if I have to hack some of them with password fields.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think most have a password somewhere in the station

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Is it possible to find passwords for all the non broken computers? Just wondering if I have to hack some of them with password fields.
From my own playthroughs and from looking at 'password lists' other people have compiled, it looks like there's a good number that have to be hacked, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007
I don't think leverage is that necessary because you can just use recycler grenades most of the time.

Unpowered doors require leverage 3 but they were the rarest type of skill barrier