Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wiki says Red Army Faction's last assassination was in 91.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I love their logo

edit: reminds me of GTA 2 for some reason

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Btw I am okay with antifa beating the poo poo out of nazis I just think as a politician you should say "be nonviolent when protesting nazis because any other approach is inappropriate" even if you don't mean it.

Which is probably a message that any half-competent person with more than a room temperature IQ, or at the very least not a moth-eaten cloth for brains, could craft.

Donald J Trump is not that person.

He is instead going to be a dog that circles back around to his own vomit in an effort to prove to the lying main stream fake news media that when they just played his own words on video they were wrong and now, "you look at really what's happened since Charlottesville, a lot of people are saying and people have actually written, 'Gee, Trump might have a point.' "

This quote coming basically out of the blue on Air Force One about three sentences after he mentions how his meeting with Tim Scott went and with no question having been asked about Charlottesville. He was asked how that meeting went, and welp there you have it.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 14, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

tastefully arranged labia posted:

If we're using Communist revolutionaries as a yardstick then the Naxalites kill people in India almost every goddamn week.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Now Donnie is saying Iran is violating the spirit of the deal without providing an evidence. Wrecking that is probably his new priority.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/908451642282004480

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Norks sent another missile above Japan again, likely in response to the new UN sanctions. There were reports yesterday about mobile missile launchers being moved into place, so not a *huge* surprise, but odd that they again sent one over Japan.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BigDave posted:

1945, Nuremberg.

June 1 1962, Ramle Prison

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

facialimpediment posted:

Norks sent another missile above Japan again, likely in response to the new UN sanctions. There were reports yesterday about mobile missile launchers being moved into place, so not a *huge* surprise, but odd that they again sent one over Japan.

There's only so much you can learn from shooting one straight up and back down, and to test out their long range stuff they either have to shoot it over Japan or the Philippines or China or Russia :ducksiren:

edit: Jeffrey can never have nice things ever again

https://twitter.com/PriestOutWest/status/908124881199423490

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

facialimpediment posted:

So it was pretty much the same flight profile as last time. 6:59am local launch time, 17 minute flight, about 3700km downrange. Overflew the island of Hokkaido. Not really odd that they flew over Japan again, even without arming or doing an actual capabilities test its still an aggressive posture that makes the Japanese citizenry "cower" as far as juce is concerned.

e; 3700km range, 2000km was "east of japan", early reports from SK was 700km apogee.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 14, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Palate cleanse: let us take a moment to salute a Real American Hero

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-burglar-roof-20170912-story.html

Tired of listening to five hours of hostage negotiators trying to bullhorn a strange man down from his roof, 83 year old Wilford Burgess borrowed a ladder from his neighbor and did the needful.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

shame on an IGA posted:

Palate cleanse: let us take a moment to salute a Real American Hero

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-burglar-roof-20170912-story.html

Good to see Murtaugh has still got it even after retirement.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Looks like Gohmert and King are getting a new challenger.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BigDave posted:

1945, Nuremberg.

:golfclap:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
https://twitter.com/cia/status/908483795413798912

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Handsome Ralph posted:

Good to see Murtaugh has still got it even after retirement.

Guess he's never getting too old for this poo poo.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

what the gently caress Harvard

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Harvard did a great job kicking an own goal. I still don't understand the hero worship of Manning.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

what the gently caress Harvard

watch the transphobia bro

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lmao though because Mike Pompeo was sucking Julian Assange's dong over leaked DNC emails.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Meh, this is Pompeo though, the guy who wants to turn the CIA in the a Christianity machine.

orange juche posted:

lmao though because Mike Pompeo was sucking Julian Assange's dong over leaked DNC emails.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did the Norks sink Japan or did their missile just hilariously plop into the ocean after flailing around like a balloon with the air rushing out?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

DoktorLoken posted:

Harvard did a great job kicking an own goal. I still don't understand the hero worship of Manning.

It's more an attempt to bring in primary sources of history rather than an endorsement of Manning. A "visiting fellow" isn't going to have any real responsibility over students or curriculum, more likely she will give some lectures and answer questions - that's a legitimately cool opportunity for any student studying journalism, the history of the the war on terror, etc. Being able to get first-hand access to historically relevant people and their motivations is a selling point. It's the same reason they gave the same position to Spicer - being able to provide direct access to these sorts of figures is one of the draws of going to an Ivy and a way to flex their prestige.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I don't have an issue with Harvard offering such a position to Manning, and I also don't have a problem with the CIA director protesting it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

psydude posted:

I don't have an issue with Harvard offering such a position to Manning, and I also don't have a problem with the CIA director protesting it.

:same:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frankly I'm just impressed Pompeo referred to her as Chelsea and didn't spitefully misgender her.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Meh, this is Pompeo though, the guy who wants to turn the CIA in the a Christianity machine.

The CIA have been called the Christians in Action since like.....forever.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Isn't he the pro torture guy? If so gently caress him

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

Fox News (the actual news side) has that Bragg incident a full-on explosion, not just a rollover. At least 15 injured and evaced by chopper.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/1...le-outlets.html

.... oh loving hell of all places on the base

http://www.wral.com/15-soldiers-injured-after-explosion-at-fort-bragg/16947776/

Isn't Range 69 Delta? gently caress.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

psydude posted:

FAUXTON posted:

Frankly I'm just impressed Pompeo referred to her as Chelsea and didn't spitefully misgender her.

Both of these. I was glad, like AreWeDrunkYet said, to have someone her as a primary source be there for students but thought it a bit sanctimonious of Pompeo considering he's a pro-torture guy.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Bored As gently caress posted:

Isn't Range 69 Delta? gently caress.

I don't think so.

I think it's one of the SWC ranges

Dammit now I want McKellar's lodge chili.

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 15, 2017

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's more an attempt to bring in primary sources of history rather than an endorsement of Manning. A "visiting fellow" isn't going to have any real responsibility over students or curriculum, more likely she will give some lectures and answer questions - that's a legitimately cool opportunity for any student studying journalism, the history of the the war on terror, etc. Being able to get first-hand access to historically relevant people and their motivations is a selling point. It's the same reason they gave the same position to Spicer - being able to provide direct access to these sorts of figures is one of the draws of going to an Ivy and a way to flex their prestige.

So then really all this boils down to is an issue of marketing.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

psydude posted:

I've got a problem with the CIA director protesting it. Because he's doing a lovely job of it. Reading that letter made me more sympathetic to Manning than anything else I've read or heard about her.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The letter read like a whiny fourteen year old wrote it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
gently caress Mike Pompeo tho

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ceiling fan posted:

I've got a problem with the CIA director protesting it. Because he's doing a lovely job of it. Reading that letter made me more sympathetic to Manning than anything else I've read or heard about her.

How on earth?

Pompaeo is a fool, but nothing he said in that letter was wrong.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The only thing I found to be even more obnoxious is the number of idiots on Twitter and such falling over themselves to say Manning's leaks didn't result in anyone being directly harmed as a result so anyone condemning her or her actions is warmonger or wrong :downs:

Totally agree though that the deputy director leaving Harvard over it is dumb and I see the value in having Manning at Harvard, but loving lol at people who place her on a pedestal and pretend her actions can't be subject to any kind of criticism.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Pesticide20 posted:

:same:

The Iron Rose posted:

Well he did call the people who work at the CIA "patriotic".

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 15, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

cia director should have went and gone full tekken combo on that decadent son of sodom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

The Iron Rose posted:

How on earth?

Pesticide20 posted:

I guess I'll throw some actual opinions into one of the slapfight threads about it.

• Locked thread