Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i have faith itll be decent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The fact that the epilogue is still hanging over us is

Concerning

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Today was the day Homestuck finally, truly began

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Homestuck! gently caress yes!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I didn't post it in this thread yet but I enjoyed Hiveswap and I really hope they can get the rest of the episodes out at a reasonable pace.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Burkion posted:

The fact that the epilogue is still hanging over us is

Concerning

The epilogue will be the full retelling of Homestuck in manga form by a renowned manga artist that loves Homestuck, but was previously only known for some ill-fitting genre like horror

Then the epilogue of that is the anime adaption

Then the epilogue of that is the VR MMO

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What I'm saying is please bring on Junji Ito's Homestuck: A Hideo Kojima Game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
"says Andrew Hussie, HOMESTUCK creator and co-founder at What Pumpkin Games. "I'm excited to team up with VIZ Media to expand on the world of HOMESTUCK, and work closely with them on a bunch of new projects involving both HOMESTUCK and HIVESWAP.”"

ahahaha holy poo poo he really is beholden to this comic forever now isnt he

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
it's the only fate hussie deserves

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kelp Plankton posted:

What I'm saying is please bring on Junji Ito's Homestuck: A Hideo Kojima Game

Both of these people are already working on better things, don't drag them into this nightmare.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it's too late I emailed them both and they're canceling everything else to immediately make Homestuck into a stealth focused horror game

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Kelp Plankton posted:

it's too late I emailed them both and they're canceling everything else to immediately make Homestuck into a stealth focused horror game

homestuck is horrifying. yes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kelp Plankton posted:

Curse you Kelp Planktoooon! :argh:

So, what do people think of the game? I know the reviews are mixed, but do the fans or whatever like it?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Playing the game slowly. I really appreciate that even before I get any items, I can Look, Tap Dance, or Ballet Dance at basically everything to get different reactions.

Also, because I am a huge dork, I appreciate the number of actual 80s/90s toys and shows included that were part of my childhood. Teddy Ruxpin, Lite Brite, a Lord English version of the He-man Skull Castle, Clarissa Explains It All. Who knew anyone else remembered Puppy Surprise??? (I got three puppies)

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So, what do people think of the game? I know the reviews are mixed, but do the fans or whatever like it?

From what I've seen on Discord it seems to be mostly positive with a minority like me with more mixed feelings.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

is it more like the force awakens or rogue one

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
I enjoyed it, though I did run into some annoying glitches, and there were like one or two typos I noticed.

But yeah, I liked it, I didn't regret the time I put into it or the money I spent on it, and I'm looking forward to Act 2!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Curse you Kelp Planktoooon! :argh:

it's apparently twenty dollars for a three hour game
and no one has been totally blown away by it
Someone called it buggy but he seems alone, might have wanted to just get a bad take in.

I'm going on a trip so I won't be able to play it while the takes are hot but again three hours, everyone who wants to play this game will get their take out really fast
I'll get it when I get back just to throw money that won't get stolen this time and hope they can make a follow up, but there's other games for 20$ I know I'd play longer.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

for $20 i could have a full pull in fire emblem: heroes which gives me a chance at getting more beautiful henrys

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

for $20 i could have a full pull in fire emblem: heroes which gives me a chance at getting more beautiful henrys

same except i would have done it in FGO and gotten like 13 mana prisms.

or i could have spent it on terrible low-budget games on PSN just for trophy hunting.

or i could have bought like.... seven or eight bottles of dr pepper

point is, this game does not offer much value for the money, and past me made a mistake that present me is now paying for, except past me already paid, so in a way im paying twice

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i'd say it's worth about ten dollars as is, maybe? it's not a science. it's no revolutionary tour de force but it's nice and charming enough and i hope, but am not optimistic about, that they get to finish making the rest of the game.
if at the end of these and you get all the sub-parts for that twenty dollars or so, i'd call that fair.
i definitely had some bugs in certain areas where the playable game area did not properly align with the monitor. so i'd have issues where like, half the area was visible and then after like some black space i could see part of the another screen from a near-by area and i could click on and interact with that. almost messed up a puzzle that way.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Luckily it's $8 then ($12 on humble)? Maybe $20 is the total price for every chapter, eventually.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

is it more like the force awakens or rogue one

Rogue One

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Elysiume posted:

Luckily it's $8 then ($12 on humble)? Maybe $20 is the total price for every chapter, eventually.

nice
i think that's a fair price, honestly.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

so its a bad film with things i know

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Someone called it buggy but he seems alone, might have wanted to just get a bad take in.
Quite a few people have experienced gamebreaking bugs with cutscenes not playing. In most cases you also have to change the resolution, close and reopen the game to get it to display right. It isn't Daggerfall buggy or anything but above average.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bobulus posted:

Who knew anyone else remembered Puppy Surprise??? (I got three puppies)

I only got two :saddowns:

Clawtopsy posted:

I always liked Henry best, but I chose to marry Chrom instead because I wanted to be queen. Political power is very important to me when deciding upon which video game romance to pursue.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

henry is a very cute husband though, sorry about your severe case of chromitis

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

henry is a very cute husband though, sorry about your severe case of chromitis

Oh he's adorable and I love him, but someone needs to rule the kingdom with fairness and competence and I don't trust Chrom not to gently caress it up.

Also, you get some good and heart warming emotional scenes with Lucina if you're her mother.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Just look at it this way
the fact that they confirmed Hussie's epilogue does, in fact, exist and will be put out means this thread still has reason to exist and not just get deleted and everyone thrown to the hiveswap thread

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I am happy for the success signaled by the Viz deal but the whole thing sounds kind of exhausting. Maybe I have finally reached the edge?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Also for a second I thought Viz were the guys who hosed over a bunch of independent creators in the late 90s/early 00s, but then I remembered that was Tokyopop

Are they even still around, because 10~15 years ago they would 100% be the guys to put out a Homestuck book

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Clawtopsy posted:

so its a bad film with things i know
I haven't run into Vader dropping snark yet, but ran into way more cherub references than I ever wanted to see.

However, I think it's best compared to whichever walk - about on mspa you just wanted to get over with quickly.

To its credit, I didn't think much of its music when I listened to it on its own, but it ended up working rather well in the game.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The cherub stuff was pretty much ensured by the promo image being a Caliborn Calliope JuJu key.

And I think the Darth Vader dropping Dad Jokes stuff is Grandpa being a deadbeat dad.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
She's accusing him of being a deadbeat GRANDPARENT though, which is something that sounds ridiculous to me but i bet the writer feels passionate about.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Well, Joey says Grandpa spends most of his time going out to some island in the pacific as well as the hunting trips, which implies Jade.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

KaosMachina posted:

Well, Joey says Grandpa spends most of his time going out to some island in the pacific as well as the hunting trips, which implies Jade.

.....wait that just raises further questions, why didn't he just keep all his kids in one place? Why keep one on an island and the rest in a creepy house? I know the answer is "Because this is a prequel and all new characters who don't appear in the main story must be segregated " but I think they're making this overly complicated.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

watch it turn out that the cast of hiveswap actually ended up in sgrub too! they were doing a whole bunch of behind the scenes stuff throughout the comic, working with calliope the whole time!~!!!!!!!!

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

watch it turn out that the cast of hiveswap actually ended up in sgrub too! they were doing a whole bunch of behind the scenes stuff throughout the comic, working with calliope the whole time!~!!!!!!!!

Clearly they were with FedoraFreak and we'll find out just how he survived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

KaosMachina posted:

Clearly they were with FedoraFreak and we'll find out just how he survived

actually it turns out he was a domestic abuser, too