Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

The first episode did like a "show, don't tell" with the shaking. He can shake a bottle while he's not transformed to get a little portion of its powers. He used it to get like a little burst of super speed. Shaking the bottle, in general, "activates" it.

the shaking is fine i hate the dumb crank belt. it's only feature is people making puns about "cranking it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Elfgames posted:

the shaking is fine i hate the dumb crank belt. it's only feature is people making puns about "cranking it"

The shaking is also incredibly masturbatory.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Elfgames posted:

Go all the way. Make him shake the belt, too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Just give him the Kiva Best Match already so he can use the Zanbat Sword.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I held off on Fourze for too long, this show rules

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/tokunation/status/908365501524406272

These oranges are making me feel SIC

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
SIC are my favorite.

I'm more a fan of their weird monster designs from the early days, but they've made some amazing things, especially if you like a larger scale than Figuarts.

Figuarts are just too small for my taste. They don't feel like they're worth the money they cost unless you find one for, at most, 35 dollars.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I held off on Fourze for too long, this show rules
:respek:

Fourze is still my favorite season. Maybe not the BEST season, but the one I enjoy the most.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm generally not a fan of the SIC design style, but for Gaim, it really works.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Burkion posted:

SIC are my favorite.

I'm more a fan of their weird monster designs from the early days, but they've made some amazing things, especially if you like a larger scale than Figuarts.

Figuarts are just too small for my taste. They don't feel like they're worth the money they cost unless you find one for, at most, 35 dollars.

One of my influences for getting into rider was seeing sic ooo forms and thinking they'd look like that in the show

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hemingway To Go! posted:

One of my influences for getting into rider was seeing sic ooo forms and thinking they'd look like that in the show

I'm so sorry

I'm so sorry

So I've talked about this before, I have a weird thing where I do not want to collect every SIC Rider ever, but I do want to have a small collection. I want to have the first Seven Riders + ZO in SIC form. ZO for sentimental reasons. So far I have Stronger, Hongo and ZO so I'm doing pretty Okay on my check list.

Tajadol Lost Blaze version from SIC would be the OTHER SIC Rider I'd include in my little collection if I had the money for him. Just, what a beautiful figure representing my favorite moment in all of OOOs

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Oh, does anyone know why the Over-Time translation of Kamen Rider OOO has the titular Rider called Os? It drives me a bit nuts when watching it given they leave the series title as OOO but do that.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hemingway To Go! posted:

They do if you can still harness the power of childlike imagination.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of want to get a collection of SIC OOOs just to have a gently caress off hybrid mess of monster limbs

Something like Tajadol's wings, Blue's tentacles, the arms of Silver and I guess Green's head? None of them had a great monster head.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jesus Christ, the SIC SaGoZo looks incredible

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Jesus Christ, the SIC SaGoZo looks incredible

My personal favorite remains TaJaDol Lost Blaze

Just because I loving loved the ending combo from OOOs and wished it looked like that. I loved Ankh's voice speaking for the driver and I loved the entire idea behind it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The SIC designs are too busy for me. Like, I get what they're going for and I don't begrudge them, they just don't meet my personal tastes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really adore the old style ones.

Look up the Volume 14 Kamen Rider Ichigo VS the newest one that came out. I LOVE that look. It looks so much like the manga version, just slightly uglier and more detailed.

The only one that really doesn't look great is RiderMan and there's not a whole lot you can do with poor Riderman.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've seen them. Still not really my bag.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Burkion posted:

My personal favorite remains TaJaDol Lost Blaze

Just because I loving loved the ending combo from OOOs and wished it looked like that. I loved Ankh's voice speaking for the driver and I loved the entire idea behind it.
Even if the middle was rough and obviously struggled to recover a narrative after the earthquakes, those last few episodes were absolutely spectacular.

If you weren't hype as gently caress during Date's return, then you are objectively wrong.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

did SIC ever do Super TaToBa?

I'm just curious because I'm like one of the five people who liked that base design.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

did SIC ever do Super TaToBa?

I'm just curious because I'm like one of the five people who liked that base design.

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/10814/sic_kamen_rider_ooo_super_tatoba_combo

You best believe they did

I actually really like it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

huh. Neat.

Not sure I like that approach to the hawk head, but it's more interesting to me than most SIC stuff is

Thanks, Burkion

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

huh. Neat.

Not sure I like that approach to the hawk head, but it's more interesting to me than most SIC stuff is

Thanks, Burkion

Well, that's specifically the Full TaJaDol head

The regular SIC OOO looks like this

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2012/kamen_rider_ooo_tatoba_combo

And since the OOOs SIC have the same gimmick as the budget figures, you could swap heads if you WANTED.

That's one thing I appreciate about newer SICs. They tend to retain the silly gimmick from the cheaper figures, unlike Figuarts.

It means you COULD have a Fang combo from W that wasn't Fang Joker. It'd look weird, but you could.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

it's more TaJaDor is my favorite combo and I'm not sure that approach works for me in general. Like, I see what they're going for but I'm not really grokking it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm not into the part where the line between the yellow part and the green part is broken. On the actual OOO the parts on and off the disc are continuous.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm not into the SIC's whole "What if Kamen Rider but literally more edgy?" Like half of OOO's/Eiji's personality is his laid back cheerfulness. It matches well with the shows aesthetic and the Ska & Big Band music blasting over most of the show and the Base suit reflects that lighthearted feel with the bright saturated colors and the unassuming, cheerful face the Tatoba suit has.

The SIC design loses all of that by changing the helmet and eye shape to basically give him the Ol Kirby Angry Eye Brows.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I like some SIC stuff but not a lot. i really like the Blade SIC figures, especially since they have King forms for Leangle and Garren.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I feel the Den-O SIC figures hit the best balance between keeping the charm of the original designs, while making them look cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like I said, I feel it works for Gaim since it taps into the whole suit of armor thing they were going for and it feels closer to what Gaim wanted to be but couldn't.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It also works well with the older Riders, at least the older style did. Hongo, Nigo and V3 all have their human heads and necks exposed to some degree like in the show

ZO basically looks like a slightly more detailed version of the suit, Doras is spot on.

The only ones I really, REALLY hate are their Kamen Rider Black and Shadow Moon figures. Shadow Moon is too bulky and Black looks like his manga version, which is fine...but not the look I LIKE for Black.

If they ever made a show version of Kamen Rider Black, I'd likely be all in for that

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The scene where Ryuga tells Sento to put Kasumi out of her misery and Sento responds by turning into a vacuum cleaner and the belt yells ARE YOU READY! GORILLA! DIAMOND! BEST MATCH! GORILLMOND! And then Ryuga is sobbing while holding his dying wife in his arms and Sento is standing right there, balancing a monster trapped in a diamond tornado on his fist was weird.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

@ooctoku is the best thing I've seen all week
https://twitter.com/ApolloGeese/status/827216219828809728

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I watch with someone else, and after that scene with the vacuum remarked, "there is nothing I cannot punch."

I'm okay with dead girlfriends if there's enough emotional weight to make me miss the girlfriend. Ex-Aid shipped out the dead girlfriend first and then patched in the emotional sadness later, but this felt unnecessary for now given that so much of the cast is made of human experiments.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

I watch with someone else, and after that scene with the vacuum remarked, "there is nothing I cannot punch."

I'm okay with dead girlfriends if there's enough emotional weight to make me miss the girlfriend. Ex-Aid shipped out the dead girlfriend first and then patched in the emotional sadness later, but this felt unnecessary for now given that so much of the cast is made of human experiments.

Agreed, it (like a lot of these first two episodes) just happened way too fast. If these two episodes had been four it would've been given them both more time to breath and develop. I think the scene where Sento did his sick physics jump and it cut to the next scene right as he punched the CG mech without showing any landing or pose or explosion really hammered home how fast everything is moving.

I'm still enjoying it a lot though, all I want from this show now is ridiculous BEST MATCHes and full episodes of Misora's sassy face.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

The scene where Ryuga tells Sento to put Kasumi out of her misery and Sento responds by turning into a vacuum cleaner and the belt yells ARE YOU READY! GORILLA! DIAMOND! BEST MATCH! GORILLMOND! And then Ryuga is sobbing while holding his dying wife in his arms and Sento is standing right there, balancing a monster trapped in a diamond tornado on his fist was weird.

kamen rider is real good

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Motto posted:

@ooctoku is the best thing I've seen all week
https://twitter.com/ApolloGeese/status/827216219828809728

Zubaat is the best and everyone should watch it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Build might be a little rushed, but it's making the reporter lady seem super competent.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

*finally finds new thread after carefully dodging Nexus and Build spoilers*

Guys I just watched Gaim ep 14 and.....

That was brutal.

Like, I enjoyed it, but.... the rest of me is wondering if it was ethical for the producers of Gaim to sign off on letting Urobuchi write that, especially considering who watches KR (kids). That episode was entirely designed to hurt the audience and Kouta, with nothing at all to make it even slightly okay. No moral, no character growth (in a sense), just... suffering. Everyone in the show was an idiot and didn't communicate, and this is the result.

Which is a moral I suppose, but.... wow.

Also, considering what shows came before and after it, it's... jarring. It's not like the early Heisei shows where the horror was expected? And didn't have fruit and street dancing and teenagers as the protagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Should be noted, both the fruits and dancing were things forced on the show, not things Urobuchi wanted.

Urobuchi wanted them to be traditional gangs.