Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

spit on my clit posted:

now i want a mod that replaces all the music in starbound with that music that blares throughout tomba 2. also fast pants and that guy from the Tonba 2 Speedrun from 2014

Tomba's music was incredible.

also lol weren't there vids of the Tomba 2 speedrun guy that surfaced of him getting yelled at and grounded by his mom mid stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Rhopunzel posted:

also lol weren't there vids of the Tomba 2 speedrun guy that surfaced of him getting yelled at and grounded by his mom mid stream

YES! I think it was a Paper Mario run. Let me try to find it, it's incredibly disappointing.

e: found it, it's every bit as depressing as I remember
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_gdqMTKXrc

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

hmmm. a lot of wasted frames and also weak rejoinders. i won't be subscribing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rhopunzel posted:

he also got exposed cheating on a TTYD run and is now banned from speedrunning at AGDQ if i remember. poor chibi, i..think he might actually be autistic.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

he also got exposed cheating on a TTYD run and is now banned from speedrunning at AGDQ if i remember. poor chibi, i..think he might actually be autistic.

ahahaha

iirc he said he was high functioning during his apology over the Tomba 2 speedrun, but whether it's self diagnosed or not I have no idea

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

ahahaha

iirc he said he was high functioning during his apology over the Tomba 2 speedrun, but whether it's self diagnosed or not I have no idea

does it matter?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

e: on second thought let's not do that

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Sep 15, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cicadas! posted:

e: on second thought let's not do that

i tried searching the videos you're talking about using keywords and accidentally fell down the rabbit hole of people hijacking twitter accounts to make reposts of when some streamer shared his homegroan :psyduck:

i hate the internet

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

rabbit hole of people hijacking twitter accounts to make reposts of when some streamer shared his homegroan :psyduck:

wait what :eyepop:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The White Dragon posted:

i tried searching the videos you're talking about using keywords and accidentally fell down the rabbit hole of people hijacking twitter accounts to make reposts of when some streamer shared his homegroan :psyduck:

i hate the internet

homegroan?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It really does make you stupid. All of us included.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Cicadas! posted:

YES! I think it was a Paper Mario run. Let me try to find it, it's incredibly disappointing.

e: found it, it's every bit as depressing as I remember
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_gdqMTKXrc

Weak. :colbert: I was expecting a Kuuenbu level meltdown. Goon meltdowns continue to be the best meltdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OYZ04mCGCo

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=128

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Oh, I was expecting "DSP jacking it on stream"

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

spit on my clit posted:

about the same thing really, DSP is the URgoon

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

DSP, now there's someone I'd love to watch play Starbound

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

DSP, now there's someone I'd love to watch play Starbound

I'll pass, I already lost like 50 IQ points watching him play GTA SA

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Wrist Watch posted:

Weak. :colbert: I was expecting a Kuuenbu level meltdown. Goon meltdowns continue to be the best meltdowns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OYZ04mCGCo

How had I not seen this until now? You know youre watching a high quality melt down when they start doing that shrieking/screaming thing. A+++

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

That's the same guy who cheated at a paper Mario speed run too.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I watched the video of him cheating as well as the explanation video and still have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing that's a cheat.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Shortest Path posted:

I watched the video of him cheating as well as the explanation video and still have no idea what I'm supposed to be seeing that's a cheat.

my understanding of it is that it's impossible to spot/understand unless you are yourself a Pro Speedrunner and the person who called him out only recognized it because he knows it's how the game reacts to game genie in that really specific situation

basically it's a wizard duel except with autism instead of magic

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

it's a wizard duel except with autism instead of magic

Mods please change m... wait, how long can usernames be?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

The White Dragon posted:

This is possibly one of the best descriptions of high level competitive gameplay I've ever read in my life, holy poo poo

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

The White Dragon posted:

mods thread title tia

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jesus this Chibi guy is such a jackass to his poor mother :smith:

I hate this kid and am so glad he got completely embarrassed during the Tomba 2 thing.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So another proud display of "Wait for it to blow over" working out for FU's dev, it seems.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Section Z posted:

So another proud display of "Wait for it to blow over" working out for FU's dev, it seems.

Yeah, it has really reduced my confidence in cf and killed my willingness to buy their games. Which sucks because I generally enjoy the types of games they seem to be working on.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Well you know how it is with modders in any game. There's just something about editing game files that makes you feel like a God, and other people look like dirt. More subs equals more power.

Speaking of mods, I MAKE MODS! Check them out. Ever wonder why chains don't go diagonal? Well I made it so chains can go diagonal.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah, it has really reduced my confidence in cf and killed my willingness to buy their games. Which sucks because I generally enjoy the types of games they seem to be working on.

one of us, one of us

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Well you know how it is with modders in any game. There's just something about editing game files that makes you feel like a God, and other people look like dirt. More subs equals more power.

Speaking of mods, I MAKE MODS! Check them out. Ever wonder why chains don't go diagonal? Well I made it so chains can go diagonal.

It's not the modders, its cf's response to the modders.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Why not both.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Captain Monkey posted:

It's not the modders, its cf's response to the modders.

But Sayter.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX
Mods.... are GOOD

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Voltin Bolt posted:

Mods.... are GOOD

Mods are bad for bad games. Bad modders make the bad worst most mods ever. Sayter is bad in all the ways.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
really, it's only fitting for starbound

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
So I caught this in the FU discord the other day:

..and got a bit curious, because it was the only thing said for about an hour, and the other people in the FU discord were getting confused as to who he was talking to, so I figured he'd deleted the rest of the conversation (because as we've established he loves to delete poo poo that makes him look bad).

The Faleni look to be a pretty cool moth race with a 1920s bootlegger look, that only just had a public release after being worked on for some time. I got in contact with the mod's author on the CF archive/forums via PM, asking what was up. Turns out Sayter just straight up rolled their poo poo into FU shortly after they released it with no credit given, permission asked, or even the Faleni authors being aware of it at all. When they became aware of this, one of them went into the FU discord to ask what's up and the above screencap was part of that (now erased) discussion - essentially, they had set their permissions to open on the CF archive, so Sayter feels that gives him carte blanche to just walk in and take their poo poo; and told them to "stop bitching" when they protested. They got him to back off by changing the permissions to non-open on the CF archive, after which Sayter pulled them from FU, again with a "players beware, this is going to break your stuff" patch note:

quote:

* per authors request, Faleni have been pulled from FU. You can grab them over at https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/the-faleni-mothia.4830/
Note that this *will* screw up any crew/tenants of those races. Likely errors, but please let me know of any crashes related to this if they exist.

Guess we all know for sure now how much that big public apology really counted for. Plus didn't Chucklefish design their archive permissions system specifically to avoid stupid poo poo like this happening? Sure they had their permissions on open, but just swiping people's poo poo with no credit or even asking them is exactly what he's been grumped at for before, AND to re-iterate, he makes money off swiping other people's content via his patreon.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Why haven't you DMCA'd his Patreon yet? It's obvious that he's in the wrong, grab a bunch of other wronged mod authors and kick down his stolen Lego castle.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I don't think anyone expected any less from sayter, but this is incredibly blatant and also outright thievery.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

behold, "welpthereitis.png"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

"Hmm. I liked Terraria, and it looks like Starbound is actually kinda finished these days, I should check out the thread-"

:yikes: