Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I feel, despite it's many faults, Fusion is the only Metroid game that fully justifies you losing all your poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite posted:

Sure, they could just have sea creatures appear above ground, but that'd be stupid, why would they ever do anything like that?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Saint Freak posted:

Samus just once bring all your poo poo with you.

hahahahaha right?

Oops I tripped and dropped all my powerups

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think it would be cool if FROM gave soulsborne a break and came up with a new IP in a new genre again because 3D Dot Game Heroes was fuckin' great

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Zaphod42 posted:

hahahahaha right?

Oops I tripped and dropped all my powerups

I wish she tripped. She just like...gets off her ship without anything. Lazy.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

i think it would be cool if FROM gave soulsborne a break and came up with a new IP in a new genre again because 3D Dot Game Heroes was fuckin' great

I just wish they'd announce loving something.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Saint Freak posted:

Samus just once bring all your poo poo with you.

ultra metroid, the gameplay successor to super metroid only for NINTENDO SWITCH, should just be like samus was taking some duckface selfies on zebes (because she's behind the times, and without her armor of course because you can't make duckface in your metroid armor) and then space pirates jacked her ride and she's like "gently caress"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just wanna see what the new armored core looks like + hope that its good

I think its time for them to try chromehounds again, also

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played Samus Returns for probably 8 seconds but they hosed up wall jumping so preemptively I'm assuming this game is going to be Fusion tier rear end in a top hat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Sakurazuka posted:

I just wish they'd announce loving something.

Good games take years. You really don't want them to announce it before its ready. Better they wait until its pretty much done and then go "hey check THIS poo poo out"

The whole "hype ourselves up and then get mad we got hyped" thing with gamers is bad.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
3D Dot Game Heroes was great but it also flopped horribly, even in terms of a small rpg from what was at the time a barely know developer.

Still, From at least claim they're making something new and putting the Souls series on the back burner for awhile.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoever thought the new Metroid game should have analog controls should be put in prison. I don't even want to play this game past getting the morph ball.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Whoever thought the new Metroid game should have analog controls should be put in prison. I don't even want to play this game past getting the morph ball.

...wait, really? You can't play with the d-pad?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

homeless snail posted:

I just wanna see what the new armored core looks like + hope that its good

I think its time for them to try chromehounds again, also

I'd also accept an hd English localization of metal wolf chaos.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

...wait, really? You can't play with the d-pad?

It's reserved for important stuff like using the scan visor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not ready to condemn it yet but I think Samus Returns is gonna suck.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

There's no option to change the controls?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe it's a Amiibo option

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Good games take years. You really don't want them to announce it before its ready. Better they wait until its pretty much done and then go "hey check THIS poo poo out"

The whole "hype ourselves up and then get mad we got hyped" thing with gamers is bad.

This is already happening with cyberpunk 2077 where I regularly see people talking about how it's going to be the second coming of christ based on absolutely fuckall except a 5 year-old teaser for the fact that it is a thing that will exist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The hosed Up part is that your movement isn't analog. You don't have momentum or 360 aiming. You just have to use the analog stick to hit digital inputs.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You do very specifically have 360 aiming

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

3D Dot Game Heroes was great but it also flopped horribly, even in terms of a small rpg from what was at the time a barely know developer.

Still, From at least claim they're making something new and putting the Souls series on the back burner for awhile.

They should go back to first person and perfect the combat so that Elder Scrolls games stop being so terrible

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Unrelated to anything, I started up Street Fighter V for the first time in a while because for the first time since launch, I thought one of the new characters looked cool. I started it up and realized that it needed to update, which is understandable but unlike every other PS4 game, it updates from within the game making it so you need to keep the game active while it's updated or it won't download. I couldn't even open a video app because that would disconnect SFV from the internet. Now, I figure they did this because they were so positive you'd love the game that you'd only want to play it while it's updating. Problem with that is that , of course, you can't go online and worse still, all the bonus currency you'd get for doing single player stuff is disabled while it's updating and they won't even do something like give it to you when you next connect because I guess they just wanted to make this as bad as possible.

After the download dropped once forcing me to restart the game, I went to training to see if maybe I could try the character before I buy, which isn't a common option for these type of things, but it would have been nice. Still, I had the currency from beating story mode and bought her, and of course she sucks like every character in the game. She has two specials. TWO. I know she has some more complexities than that but my problem with this game is the characters all felt really anemic and dull to play as unless you really spend the time to get to know the character, which is dumb not just because a character should just be fun but also because if I was gonna put my time into learning a character, I'd do it in a game with far more options.

Also it's incredible that for a game that was all about how you don't actually have to buy any of the dlc just how blatantly they are really trying to make you buy the dlc.

I guess I'm just saying what I've known for a while and what you already know, man Street Fighter V is just loving garbage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

You do very specifically have 360 aiming

If you hold L but there's no reason to use it because if you hit X and then shoot you just home in on the nearest enemy. You don't neeed analog controls for this game. Even in boss battles you don't need to aim because they blink Yellow you hit x and then you do a cinematic takedown like it's Other M.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unrelated to anything, I started up Street Fighter V for the first time in a while because for the first time since launch, I thought one of the new characters looked cool. I started it up and realized that it needed to update, which is understandable but unlike every other PS4 game, it updates from within the game making it so you need to keep the game active while it's updated or it won't download. I couldn't even open a video app because that would disconnect SFV from the internet. Now, I figure they did this because they were so positive you'd love the game that you'd only want to play it while it's updating. Problem with that is that , of course, you can't go online and worse still, all the bonus currency you'd get for doing single player stuff is disabled while it's updating and they won't even do something like give it to you when you next connect because I guess they just wanted to make this as bad as possible.

After the download dropped once forcing me to restart the game, I went to training to see if maybe I could try the character before I buy, which isn't a common option for these type of things, but it would have been nice. Still, I had the currency from beating story mode and bought her, and of course she sucks like every character in the game. She has two specials. TWO. I know she has some more complexities than that but my problem with this game is the characters all felt really anemic and dull to play as unless you really spend the time to get to know the character, which is dumb not just because a character should just be fun but also because if I was gonna put my time into learning a character, I'd do it in a game with far more options.

Also it's incredible that for a game that was all about how you don't actually have to buy any of the dlc just how blatantly they are really trying to make you buy the dlc.

I guess I'm just saying what I've known for a while and what you already know, man Street Fighter V is just loving garbage.

It's probably the worst fighting game ever made that has like, marketing and budget and such behind it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol if you believe that anything is going to be reasonable to buy with in game currency if there's an option to buy it outright. Especially Capcom.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't really have any expectations for this game going in but even still. The fan made remake of 2 is a better Metroid game than this so far.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

In Training posted:

If you hold L but there's no reason to use it because if you hit X and then shoot you just home in on the nearest enemy. You don't neeed analog controls for this game. Even in boss battles you don't need to aim because they blink Yellow you hit x and then you do a cinematic takedown like it's Other M.

I don't even know what you're talking about. Nothing homes, and x is melee and holding it does nothing

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

It's probably the worst fighting game ever made that has like, marketing and budget and such behind it

This is probably a bit much, because you have to remember what the post MK era for fighting games was like, but I'd say it's probably the worst one I've played since the genre managed to bring itself back to the forefront last gen.

Sakurazuka posted:

Lol if you believe that anything is going to be reasonable to buy with in game currency if there's an option to buy it outright. Especially Capcom.

She looked so cool though :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDs6wqCZs3c

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I didn't really have any expectations for this game going in but even still. The fan made remake of 2 is a better Metroid game than this so far.

yeah

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Rainbow 6 Siege is badass

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

Shockingly, you haven't backed down from something you convinced yourself was true back in June. Confirmation bias sure is a funny thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not confirmation bias. Analog controls are not a good fit for this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There are Chozo statues with their hands outstretched and morph ball samus' model is too big to fit in their hands. Have these morons played a Metroid game before. They had a decade to try a few out.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Digirat posted:

This is already happening with cyberpunk 2077 where I regularly see people talking about how it's going to be the second coming of christ based on absolutely fuckall except a 5 year-old teaser for the fact that it is a thing that will exist

For some reason when games take a long time people feel owed more.

That's dumb. You're owed based on how much it costs you and nothing else. If its too expensive that's one thing, but acting like you're entitled to the best product in the world because they did other stuff for awhile is just weird.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I fired up Blood Bowl 2 and I don't actually hate the act of playing the game but it feels like it takes loving forever.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my only expectation of cyberpunk is that it will be the technomancer, except with more cybering and more punks, and less eastern european jank

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I want more eastern european jank, not less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's The Witcher devs there'll be plenty.

• Locked thread