Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I should go back and binge on Modesty Blaise. My eyes are going because I am old so I usually skip it. I can make it work if I kajigger my browser tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Tiggum posted:

Honestly, that just makes Schultz sound like an arsehole. Foob characters aged in real time. The dog was going to die. That's built into the premise from the beginning.

The dog died heroically saving April from a flood, not as a natural consequence of aging. It was high melodrama and Schultz was right to troll her.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

ukonvasara posted:

The dog died heroically saving April from a flood, not as a natural consequence of aging. It was high melodrama and Schultz was right to troll her.

I thought the same thing as Tiggum... until I actually read the series where the dog died.

Honestly I wish I lived in the alternate time line where Lynn tried to call Schultz bluff and Snoopy got hit by a bus...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Lowen SoDium posted:

Honestly I wish I lived in the alternate time line where Lynn tried to call Schultz bluff and Snoopy got hit by a bus...

Or shot down over France.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I remember really hating that storyline when I read it. The only reason the dog died in that way was for cheap melodrama. Even at a relatively young age, I knew my chain was being jerked, and it pissed me off.

I also never forgave April. Stupid little brat, got the dog killed.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Mister Kingdom posted:

Or shot down over France.

His plane spun in. There where no survivors.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

excuse me? :psyboom:

Kevin and Kell's weirdness is one thing but this, what the gently caress is this strip

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ah yes, cyberstalking, a worse crime than murder
Also in what state do kids get laptops as dyslexia accommodations? Little Timmy gets a laminated list of commonly used words, preferential seating, and gets the Reading teacher to read out any reading tests out loud and that's it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean gently caress I'll play along with your stupid little world Holbrook the snake can't be outraged at cyberstalking because snakes are stalkers by nature

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Is looking up someones public profiles really "cyberstalking:?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Julet Esqu posted:

Today's featured comment speculates that this event is Ann Eiffel's "lingerie party" at the Fuse. That would make no sense since this doesn't sound any more controversial or eeeeeevil than a lingerie party (at most it just needs a bigger venue and is probably bigger than the Fuse has room for), so that's probably what's happening.

I did wonder what happened to the 'Ann Eiffel turns The Fuse into a brothel' subplot.

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Back to B.C.

Random Acts of Nancy

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Mea Culpa posted:

Random Acts of Nancy

Nancy is a domestic terrorist. Right.

Mea Culpa
Oct 23, 2005

Spirit of the Staircase

Bad Machinery

Barkeater Lake

FBoFW

Lynn Johnston posted:

For many years, my dear father in law looked after our book keeping. He was thorough and dedicated and would have given me a hand with my finances…I just never asked him to- preferring to say “close enough” when I had to come up with a balance!

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Grrr, Imgur is running like hot garbage again.

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean gently caress letting a child with dyslexia use autocorrect defeats the entire purpose of dyslexia classes and accommodations. The kid has techniques and tools to work through it and if something slips by a teacher will understand because the kid has a reading disability GOD loving DAMMIT

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Calaveron posted:

Ah yes, cyberstalking, a worse crime than murder

I think the Holbrook-verse comprehension of the Internet is only 5 years at most ahead of Compu-Toon's.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:golfclap:
:laffo: this loving hack

Lowen SoDium posted:

I thought the same thing as Tiggum... until I actually read the series where the dog died.
:fireman:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Calaveron posted:

I mean gently caress letting a child with dyslexia use autocorrect defeats the entire purpose of dyslexia classes and accommodations. The kid has techniques and tools to work through it and if something slips by a teacher will understand because the kid has a reading disability GOD loving DAMMIT

I'm still reeling over Leonardo DaVinci

does the comic have time travel bullshit on top of genetics and secret space poo poo

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I'm still reeling over Leonardo DaVinci

does the comic have time travel bullshit on top of genetics and secret space poo poo

Why yes it does! There's a time-traveling nanny who brought five-year-old Leonardo da Vinci to the present because gently caress if I can remember.

And you forgot to mention the merpeople, and the ghost grandmother, and....

Selachian fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 15, 2017

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set wants what it's due.

Working Daze is a bad investment.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix quits while it's ahead.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
How does it take two people to create Working Daze?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

Takes two half-asses to make one rear end in a top hat.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

...and the pitch! posted:

I should go back and binge on Modesty Blaise. My eyes are going because I am old so I usually skip it. I can make it work if I kajigger my browser tho.

Have at it!

https://transmodiar.imgur.com/

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Lowen SoDium posted:

Reincarnations

:shepicide:

This sucks so much.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Lowen SoDium posted:

I'm glad you reminded me how poo poo this really was, because for a while that story of Schultz v Johnson actually made Lynn sound better to me, like she was calling out the old man's bluff. Glad to see Schultz had every right to hassle her.

BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Baldo

I can't tell why, but I really hate the design of Baldo's girlfriend somehow. I think it's her shirt that doesn't make sense and can't decide if it should be tight or baggy. Or its the antenna hair. Or the fact that there's no personality to her design in comparison to the rest of the characters, she looks just slightly off. I think this is also the first time I've seen her speak since I've been posting so I don't know what personality she's supposed to have, and her design doesn't help. (except I'm pretty sure she was a screen in a robot for a while?)

Wizard of Id

(GoComics commenters being surprisingly chill on this one.)

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Baby Blues

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

...and the pitch! posted:

It's well worth it. I think if it had run in more American papers it'd be more widely known than it is.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Vargo posted:

BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

The worst Phoebe.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Rosecliff

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh thank you very much! It has a good reputation in this thread.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

FrumpleOrz posted:

one writes, the other draws (and the artist apparently has changed over the years)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Remember, the Holbrook comics exist in the same continuity. The thing separating human earth from animal earth is a portal guarded by a trampoline.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (April 19, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (February 4, 1930)

Gasoline Alley (March 3, 1924)

Lil' Abner (November 2, 1937)

Barney Google (March 6, 1923)

Alley Oop (June 5, 1934)

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

I may be hallucinating (quite likely due to pre-semester shenanigans), but the artwork in modern Nancy has been slightly different in the past week or so's worth of strips.

As for the Schulz threat: I remember when the original 'Farley dies' storyline ran as well (I could not stand April-as-a-child) -- all that pathos, and then Lynn reboots the strip so she could bring the dog back and ignore the Very Special Episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I particularly love the art in the "Modesty and Willie pretend to get kidnapped" strips. Like it's clear that she's really forcing herself to look shocked.

igtenos55
Jun 14, 2001

Ms Boods posted:

I may be hallucinating (quite likely due to pre-semester shenanigans), but the artwork in modern Nancy has been slightly different in the past week or so's worth of strips.

There's older Guy Nancy being posted as well. Those 3 are from 2011, for example.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mea Culpa posted:

Barkeater Lake

Has this woman seriously never made small talk before? That's such a weirdly defensive reaction. Obviously he knows the guy personally or he wouldn't be asking.

Whoa wait what Baldo is dating his teacher? Huh?

Tracksuit

Moments like this make me feel like Tracksuit is very, very underrated.

Mother From Another Country

In the Korean language it is common for people who know each other in a PTA type context to refer to each other in the third person as such-and-such's parent rather than by their actual name. Normally I try to translate in such a way that doesn't call attention to this, which isn't easy since the mother and father's names have never been mentioned and they are only ever referred to as "Gi-tong's mother/father".

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Modesty Blaise, Modesty Blaise, Modesty Blaise, Modesty Blaise, entire album of Luke Perry looking awkward.

• Locked thread