Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ConsiderateAbrasiveSalmonRedCoat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That kid is a smart cookie if he already knows to shoot clowns on-sight. Nothing goes well when a clown is involved.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

The other day, after spending 30 minutes in Genetics just researching powers and finally stepping out for the first time, I saw something called a HELLCLUWNE walking through the halls and it was the most terrifying thing I ever saw. I remembered hearing something earlier on the radio about a cluwne taking on all challengers in the boxing ring, so I decided to see if there was still a tournament going on or something.

There was not a tournament going on anymore. I have seen more dead bodies in one area before, but not like this. The placement of every severed body part was so violent and deliberate. There were more severed heads than there were headless torsos. I decided not to test my hulk powers.

When the shuttle came, I hid in the sleeper the whole time while that thing tore apart anyone who started anything with him. The noises it made...it wasn't human.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Sounds worse than a floor cluwne.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
could be worse, it could be an adult cluwnespider.

last xmas one of the admins filled the AI room with the babby ones, they managed to get out when some numpty opened the door and they subsequently murdered everyone. I got respawned as krampus and left the shuttle for the ultimate showdown with the head cluwnespider under the spacemas tree, but was bitten by a cluwnespider and got stuck in space :rip:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

pnutz posted:

could be worse, it could be an adult cluwnespider.

last xmas one of the admins filled the AI room with the babby ones, they managed to get out when some numpty opened the door and they subsequently murdered everyone. I got respawned as krampus and left the shuttle for the ultimate showdown with the head cluwnespider under the spacemas tree, but was bitten by a cluwnespider and got stuck in space :rip:

I think I was in this round, there was a Clownspider or two hanging around, as well, it was pretty wild.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Floorcluwnes? Psssh. The real terror begins when a paisano shows up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKkGLG1Zmyg

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
For some reason gibbing myself with empowered superfart turned my heart into a synthheart.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Sometimes your body parts are secretly replaced with another thing at the round start.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

As we speak, LLJK2 is going through a fascinating glitch where time seems to have completely stopped. You cant move, taking something off someone will take forever, the round time is stuck at 21 minutes. Me and 3 other people were struggling to do anything in Arrivals, when someone covered in blood slowly walked in. "Hey. Time is still. I have a bullet in my brain and I should be dead right now. You can still move around by ctlr+clicking your self and then clicking a nearby tile."

Exploring a station where everything is stuck in time, and nobody can die, but everyone can still communicate, is fascinating. It's too peacefully quiet to be hell. I think this is purgatory.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Oh dear, I thought that stopped happening a couple of years ago. If I remember by favourite thing to do was chop my head off and create infinite copies of it

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

FAT BATMAN posted:

As we speak, LLJK2 is going through a fascinating glitch where time seems to have completely stopped. You cant move, taking something off someone will take forever, the round time is stuck at 21 minutes. Me and 3 other people were struggling to do anything in Arrivals, when someone covered in blood slowly walked in. "Hey. Time is still. I have a bullet in my brain and I should be dead right now. You can still move around by ctlr+clicking your self and then clicking a nearby tile."

Exploring a station where everything is stuck in time, and nobody can die, but everyone can still communicate, is fascinating. It's too peacefully quiet to be hell. I think this is purgatory.

How many people were wearing the DIO consume?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

FAT BATMAN posted:

This game never, ever, ever ceases to amaze

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
rear end day was great. got turned into a seagull, then the wrestler traitor prompt appeared for me.

bird suplexes, throws, and superslams left and right followed up by eye pecking. rear end day owns.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

FAT BATMAN posted:

This happens when different server loops, like the life loop, break down. It used to be a far more common problem before the various optimisation work, and could be made to happen by rule-breakers. :eng101:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I got internet thats okay for games again. Im the only one on the server atm but im learning how to do things im too embarrased to try when theres people around.

Still managed to die a gruesome death

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Isaac posted:

I got internet thats okay for games again. Im the only one on the server atm but im learning how to do things im too embarrased to try when theres people around.

Still managed to die a gruesome death

Don't be embarrassed, ask other players if you're stuck. Hell, most'll probably line up to be tested on if you're cooking up something dangerous via Chemistry/Pathology/Bartending.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
And don't forget you can use *mentorhelp. While a mentor might not be able to explain everything to you they can usually point you in the right direction.

I've also found the goonstation wiki very useful.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 14, 2017

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dang mechanics is easier than i thought and you can make some pretty nasty stuff really easy

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The wiki is quite good, yeah. A bit verbose in places, but full of useful information.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Isaac posted:

Dang mechanics is easier than i thought and you can make some pretty nasty stuff really easy

A competent mechanic can be a nightmare or savior for the station. I remember a traitor mechanic who set up a telepad in a hallway and hid it under something so every once and awhile a crewmember would step on it to be send to tr pool where he'd setup a grav pad loop system. You're be flung from one corner of the pool to the other until you eventually drowned. It was both infuriating and hilarious especially when people a monkey got thrown in, punched by someone, and started attacking everyone trapped in the pool.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I made an erebite tipped spear and it blew up when I threw it. I was not expecting that.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Isaac posted:

I made an erebite tipped spear and it blew up when I threw it. I was not expecting that.
That's exactly the reason you make an erebite-tipped spear.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I did it in the AI chamber :negative:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
You saved humanity, good job

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Chances were high that AI was up to no good.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I ran across a new potential thread title on the forum:

quote:

It's fantastically effective if you know where to mail. If you get caught in the blast, it will be difficult to tell what's tomato sauce and what's gibs.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Isaac posted:

I did it in the AI chamber :negative:

What were you intending to do with a spear thrown in the AI chamber if not kill the AI?

I mean, good job, you succeeded.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

i've gotten really good at spawning bee buddies.

the neat thing about barf-spawning bees is they get your hair color, so i get a legion of adorable green bodyguards to keep me safe.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
I haven't kept pace with in-station events. has the spess wedding happened yet?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I've seen and heard of the chapel being used for many, many things, but never ever for a wedding.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Not even a shotgun wedding?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

i've gotten really good at spawning bee buddies.

the neat thing about barf-spawning bees is they get your hair color, so i get a legion of adorable green bodyguards to keep me safe.

You're not a master until you spawn a giant bee or a beebot.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

Chances were high that AI was up to no good.

all ai are rogue until proven otherwise. if not rogue in fact than at least rogue in spitit.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

all ai are rogue until proven otherwise. if not rogue in fact than at least rogue in spitit.

If not rogue in fact, then rogue in hue.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

pnutz posted:

I haven't kept pace with in-station events. has the spess wedding happened yet?
Does it count when the chaplain hit me with a taser, threw me into the body ejecting thingie and pronounced us "Man and Space" before pressing the trigger

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

Does it count when the chaplain hit me with a taser, threw me into the body ejecting thingie and pronounced us "Man and Space" before pressing the trigger

Of course it does. A match made in heaven.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Freakin solarium nerds

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Isaac posted:

Freakin solarium nerds

Ah, I was wondering why that round got to 180 minutes with 15 people on. (My other guess was murder boning)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

holy poo poo, 180 minutes? i dipped out 80 minutes in so i could get some sleep, sounds like i had the right idea.