Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Bleu posted:

You can screw up snakemom's gimmicks and you still won't die.

It's this. The cross-pattern AOEs do almost no damage, the split damage AOE can be tanked by as few as three people (or Vriled), and the chimichanga tankbusters can even be conceivably tanked without hitting Vril, even though you should always have it.

The only things that will wipe you are failing the stupid add phase or a lovely tank duo. The tanks need at least a slight rapport to put threat where it needs to be. They don't really need to discuss it unless one or the other ain't doing their job, but if DPS is getting the cleave marker ever then someone hosed up.

Susano has the lightning strikes and lanes to pulse-check random party members throughout the fight. You can heal through 2-3 consecutive fuckups, but people do need to pay attention still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I look forward to everyone moving so I can upgrade my mist cottage to a mist house in a more scenic spot.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Boogalo posted:

I look forward to everyone moving so I can upgrade my mist cottage to a mist house in a more scenic spot.

I'm hoping to do this as well. I love my mist cottage but it's way back in the nosebleed section.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Renegret posted:

the off tank has to stand a little to the left

No. No no no. Offtank stands to the right of the main tank, because otherwise, maintank has to run to get vril to recharge when she does the Z-pattern thing. If the MT is on the left, the vril bubble spawns right under their butt, and all they have to do is just step into the safe zone afterwards.

IcePhoenix posted:

TPT is for some stupid reason :(

(it's because our current house is small and I guess they want to give up all the other perfect aspects about it to get a bigger one)

It still boggles my mind that when TPT moves, the house we will be getting is going to be a _slight downgrade_ from where we are now.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I have a cottage in lavender beds, and I'm hoping to get a medium in lavender beds from someone jumping over to not-Japan. But I think my chances look pretty grim. Partially because there's no effective means of looking for a house across multiple wards, and partially because I doubt many will leave.

Edit: My FC would also like to move. I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but who is allowed to buy a house for an FC? Is it only the FC leader? There aren't any empty plots for us to test.

ruta fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 14, 2017

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007
Just want someone to know that I accidentally have a house and I love it. I joined some random FC over a year ago and they had a house in a good spot so that was cool but then one by one literally every person in the FC (like 40ish people i think) including the guild master dude and all the officers quit logging in. At some point I realized that nobody was coming back and the house and FC was mine and I kicked every inactive person out and now I own everything.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Debating whether to try my luck with the Kugame house lottery or snatching up old plots as they get moved over.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Debating whether to try my luck with the Kugame house lottery or snatching up old plots as they get moved over.

I'm going to shoot for a small, just so I can have it.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

If you prefer the older areas, you could try and ask the owners of plots you're interested in if they have plans to move to Shirogane when it opens up. It would give you a good idea of which houses could potentially open up, rather than trying to camp the menu for just anything.

Personally, I hope we get a tour of the refurb for Lavender Beds and Goblet before the update. I like my medium house at the top of the incline a whole lot, but depending on how the added swimming areas turn out, I'd heavily consider relocating to Mists. I know players that own the plot there that I was interested in when they did the initial removals. And I know they've expressed interest in Shirogane, so I might try and pick up their current plot if they move.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 14, 2017

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Is there a real benefit other than outdoor stuff to having a house over an apartment? I've got the cash (thanks to my friend Khloe) but was going to use it to level my DoH classes to at least 50.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
The only real interior difference besides furniture cap and the floor layouts are the number of vendors and the number of flower pots you can have.

Edit: I think crafting stations are count limited too, but those are super irrelevant. So unless you just want those for decoration, it's moot.

You can have both a house and an apartment too, so don't feel like you're pigeonholed in to one or the other. Grab an apartment until a plot frees up if you want.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 14, 2017

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Skaw posted:

maximum aquarium size you can have.
Isn't it just one aquarium per estate?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Dwesa posted:

Isn't it just one aquarium per estate?

I just checked and yeah, I knew it was one per estate but for some reason I thought they were also size restricted as well. Turns out that's not the case.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I dunno if it's the groups I've been in or what. But the Cathedral, and the Library dungeons felt like a massive ramp up in difficulty from anything previous.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bolow posted:

I dunno if it's the groups I've been in or what. But the Cathedral, and the Library dungeons felt like a massive ramp up in difficulty from anything previous.

The vault is arguably one of the most difficult dungeons in the game. Both the second and third bosses wreck pubbie groups.

Mad Science
Jul 23, 2013

ruta posted:

Edit: My FC would also like to move. I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but who is allowed to buy a house for an FC? Is it only the FC leader? There aren't any empty plots for us to test.

Anyone can, as long as the rank they have in the FC has the permissions for estate purchasing. Just have the leader add the permission to anyone who is planning to buy for the FC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

The vault is arguably one of the most difficult dungeons in the game. Both the second and third bosses wreck pubbie groups.

Really? I've never actually seen that happen. Admittedly I've only run Vault as healer and tank but I don't even think I've seen anyone die on either.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They nerfed the vault shortly into heavensward

Hardest dungeon is probably pre-nerf sub i70 amdapor keep. RIP bees.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ImpAtom posted:

Really? I've never actually seen that happen. Admittedly I've only run Vault as healer and tank but I don't even think I've seen anyone die on either.

Yeah it can be gnarly if your tank or healer isn't on the ball.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

The last boss is a massive pain to heal, it basically turns into a dps race due to all the raidwide damage he shits out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Arist posted:

The last boss is a massive pain to heal, it basically turns into a dps race due to all the raidwide damage he shits out.

plus the flame dps check can actually wipe the group. if you end up with an honest healer it can be hard to clear it out.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

cheetah7071 posted:

They nerfed the vault shortly into heavensward

I genuinely do not remember that.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

How do I get the game to stop lying

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

What do you mean?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

You don't want to be a machinist

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
No, you really don't. Not until they un-gently caress levelling MCH.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

FFS Alphinaud do something besides stare at me like a goddamn idiot in this encounter.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BAD ;_;

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Just finished the Heavensward Hildibrand sidequest. It was a lot shorter than ARR's sadly, but it had another cameo that I could appreciate!

That said, I did not expect the joke villains to suddenly use Ultimate End, complete with Heavens' Ward music. :stare:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BAD ;_;

Because shisui is too early to whine about dps

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Shy posted:

Because shisui is too early to whine about dps

even as early as shisui, people have to do basically nothing but auto attacks to get those numbers

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

At what item level? Maybe they are undergeared and unsynced, power difference in a leveling dungeon can be huge.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Shy posted:

At what item level? Maybe they are undergeared and unsynced, power difference in a leveling dungeon can be huge.

No you really do not get it. Those are ARR dps numbers. At level 63~ there is literally no excuse.

Edit: And we're talking like bad DPS even by ARR standards for the most part too.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 15, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Good ARR dps was 300-400. Those are bad HW numbers.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I guess that's pretty weak then. Carry on.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I thought 400 DPS was considered pretty solid back in, like, patch 2.2
For a ninja at level 60+, 840 is downright shameful. And the tank pretty much had to have been just auto attacking while spamming Flash. Or un-combo'd Royal Authority I guess.

So yeah, numbers bad, even by leveling dungeon standards.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
ballpark dps for people good at their class, assuming single target

i70@lv50: 300
i130@lv50: 500
i180@lv60: 1000
i260@lv60: 2500
i290@lv70: 3500
i330@lv70: 4500

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Kuvo posted:

ballpark dps for people good at their class, assuming single target

i70@lv50: 150
i130@lv50: 400
i180@lv60: 900
i260@lv60: 1800
i290@lv70: 3100
i330@lv70: 4500

Fixed those for you unless your definition of good is people in the top 1%. Except for the 2 that were just way wrong, 300 was better than most people could swing in 110 let alone 70 and I saw 2500 at 270 from exactly 2 people ever. Even these numbers are still better than you will see from nearly every pug you run across.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Sep 15, 2017

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Fixed those for you unless your definition of good is people in the top 1%. Except for the 2 that were just way wrong, 300 was better than most people could swing in 110 let alone 70 and I saw 2500 at 270 from exactly 2 people ever. Even these numbers are still better than you will see from nearly every pug you run across.

4500dps at ilvl 330 is unrealistic for the average pug too. I've seen people hit that number but they have melds and food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
4500 isn't a number you'll ever hit on most classes in a fight with downtime unless we're talking 99th percentile fflogs people