Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Notaro gave a pretty interesting interview about the CK stuff, but not in reference to that episode specifically

http://www.thedailybeast.com/tig-notaro-louis-ck-needs-to-handle-his-sexual-misconduct-rumors

quote:

His name appears onscreen during the opening credits in every episode of Tig Notaro’s One Mississippi: “Executive Producer Louis C.K.” it reads.

But as Notaro—creator and star of the Amazon series, which begins its second season next month—tells The Daily Beast, he has “nothing to do with the show.”

“He’s never been involved,” she clarifies. When I tell her that most people who watch the show probably assume he plays some role since he’s listed as an executive producer, she says, “I know they do.”
--
Notaro says that she and C.K. had “an incident” before One Mississippi even started, but she declines to offer any specifics. “We don’t talk since then,” she says. “So as far as what he’s doing or what he’s done…” At that point she trails off and asks me if C.K. has ever “acknowledged” the sexual-misconduct allegations against him.
--
“I think it’s important to take care of that, to handle that, because it’s serious to be assaulted,” Notaro says in response. “It’s serious to be harassed. It’s serious, it’s serious, it’s serious.”

“And that’s what we want to do with this show,” she continues. “We of course want to create comedy, but we also really, really feel like we have the opportunity to do something with One Mississippi, because it does not stop. And, you know, I walk around doing shows at comedy clubs and you just hear from people left and right of what some big-shot comedian or person has done. People just excuse it.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
While I'm sure the accusations against CK are legit it's interesting that (from what I know) any time someone said to be a victim has been reached out to they've (anonymously) denied it.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I hadn't heard about the Louis CK poo poo and Jesus what the gently caress is wrong with comedians. If Norm MacDonald comes out as some sorta megahitler, I'm gonna flip a table.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

On the bright side I just found out about Tig and Alleyne being real life partners and oh god it's too adorable I can't even right now

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tumblr wants to hear all about it....

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vanderdeath posted:

I hadn't heard about the Louis CK poo poo and Jesus what the gently caress is wrong with comedians. If Norm MacDonald comes out as some sorta megahitler, I'm gonna flip a table.

I've got bad news for you

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

I've got bad news for you
Indeed, as our very own president said, "When you're a star they let you do it."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Speaking of, I haven't watched much of Louie but I read an article where in the latest season he just turned his character into a straight up sexual predator? That seems like an odd turn considering all the anonymous accusations against him.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was in the s4 episode Pamela pt 1, and it's an incredible scene.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Vanderdeath posted:

Norm had a tendency to spout some really conservative opinions then later try to say he was joking which is also a thing Norm would do so hold onto that I guess.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

Speaking of, I haven't watched much of Louie but I read an article where in the latest season he just turned his character into a straight up sexual predator? That seems like an odd turn considering all the anonymous accusations against him.

He's trying to be assertive in that scene and ends up coming off as pathetic, as is the case in most scenes in that show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lurdiak posted:

I can't wait for someone to make an episode of something about Max Landis.

On the latest episode of Difficult People, Billy Eichner says "What do you think John Landis' worst contribution to the world is - manslaughter, or Max Landis?"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Medullah posted:

On the latest episode of Difficult People, Billy Eichner says "What do you think John Landis' worst contribution to the world is - manslaughter, or Max Landis?"

That's a fine joke, but I meant more like a stand-in doing all the date rape poo poo Landis is known for.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'll forever associate Max Landis with the Spider-Man fanfiction he wrote about 15 years ago where b-list Spider-Man villain the Shocker beats Daredevil villain Bullseye by exploding his testicles.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

hope and vaseline posted:

On the bright side I just found out about Tig and Alleyne being real life partners and oh god it's too adorable I can't even right now

You really need to see the documentary, Tig, then.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Lurdiak posted:

That's a fine joke, but I meant more like a stand-in doing all the date rape poo poo Landis is known for.

Is he?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Would it surprise you if I told you the unsourced claim made in this here thread was in fact....without merit?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

You really need to see the documentary, Tig, then.

Yeah, they actually fell in love as the documentary was being filmed, and it's fairly close to how it went down in the show. Definitely worth a watch.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well John Landis deffo killed those folks due to greed and negligence. Max is probably just an entitled poo poo much like his father.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

There's actually a blacklist film script entirely about how much Hollywood writers hate Max Landis.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yes.

zoux posted:

Would it surprise you if I told you the unsourced claim made in this here thread was in fact....without merit?

:rolleyes:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I just saw the vid he made about Carly Rae Jepsen. Hooooooooly poo poo

e:

DivisionPost posted:

Watch One Mississippi if you haven't, jerks, I need more of it.

Didn't even know this show existed, and I'm more up on TV than most. There's just too goddamn much of it. What's it on?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Shageletic posted:

Didn't even know this show existed, and I'm more up on TV than most. There's just too goddamn much of it. What's it on?

It's on Amazon Prime.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Calling him a literal date rapist is going overboard, I'd say

But he did act absurdly creepy towards Lexi Alexander, director of Punisher: War Zone, and ended up in a Twitter beef with her that mostly got nuked from the internet years ago

And then there's the weird Carly Rae Jepsen poo poo he's on now

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Could you offer literally any more information than this?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Could you offer literally any more information than this?

There are several accounts of him acting like a very aggressive PUA, getting women into his room and basically blowing up on them when they won't gently caress him, stalking women at cons, targeting women online after they refuse his advances, getting into beefs with women over basically nothing, etc. It's true that date rapist is probably too strong a word, but the guy's done a ton of poo poo that gets as close to the line as you can without committing a felony.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I just watched the first episode of The State. Super interesting show. It'll be interesting to see where they go with the characters and how much of their background they are going to show.

Edit: I also just rewatched the first episode of The Knick. Holy poo poo, is there any show with a better set design? Maybe Rome and Deadwood are on the same level but I'm pretty sure that there are no other TV shows. It even looks way, way better than movies like Gangs of New York.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 16, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Uh, the one where the guy dips his balls in it?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Three episodes into the new season of Bojack and I think Aaron Paul as Todd is starting to eclipse his work in Breaking Bad.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hiroyuki Sanada is joining Westworld season 2. We all know what that means. #samuraiworld

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
As a huge fan of Riverdale, are there any teen shows I should check out that are also great in the recent teen renaissance? Like is Teen Wolf or Vampire Diaries or any fun teen drama and/or genre show going to be able to scratch that Archie itch? Sweet/Vicious? Who are the most critically acclaimed or under-appreciated youths out there?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 16, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mu Zeta posted:

Hiroyuki Sanada is joining Westworld season 2. We all know what that means. #samuraiworld

Samuraiworld all day, every day.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

feedmyleg posted:

As a huge fan of Riverdale, are there any teen shows I should check out that are also great in the recent teen renaissance? Like is Teen Wolf or Vampire Diaries or any fun teen drama and/or genre show going to be able to scratch that Archie itch? Sweet/Vicious? Who are the most critically acclaimed or under-appreciated youths out there?

Maybe The Magicians?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

Journey to the West World

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

LOUIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought this at first, but then I remembered that Channel 4 in Britain is running a drama by the same name about some people that join ISIS.

GreenNight posted:

Maybe The Magicians?

My wife has been watching The Magicians on Netflix. It's, uh... not great.

raditts fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Sep 16, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Season 1 or Season 2? Season 2 they give absolutely no fucks and the show is better for it.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

feedmyleg posted:

I kinda dug season 1 of Scream the series, but got sick of season 2 quick.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Harry Dean Stanton died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

bull3964 posted:

Season 1 or Season 2? Season 2 they give absolutely no fucks and the show is better for it.

This. Season 1 is mopey poo poo until the final act. But after binge you sort of see why. Season 2 is awesome chaos.

• Locked thread