Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

Same here - I thought it was a cube of roast turkey coated in white chocolate (and I have no idea why I thought this, except maybe as a carry-over from all the snow imagery?), and I thought it sounded fantastic.

Then again this was around the same time I ate an entire box of dog treats as an experiment so who knows

You just loving loved science :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

You just loving loved science :shrug:

it turns out they all taste exactly alike no matter what fun, bright colors they are

you've just taken your first step into a larger world

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're not a wimp for not showing up to your cooking job sick.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

doverhog posted:

Are you saying they aren't already being let down?

I mean they should be made to feel let down by politicians they actually believe in; the insurgent populists promising to make things better, but then changing very little in real terms when they enter power.

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 12:24 on Sep 15, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

(Only unpopular in the US, probably): If it's not illegal to show up to your cooking job sick in your country, emigrate.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Turtlicious posted:

It is, however, a sign of insanity if you voluntarily show up to a cooking job.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Sic Semper Goon posted:

It is, however, a sign of insanity if you voluntarily show up to a cooking job.

Nah, that poo poo'll look good as far as exp goes on a resume.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Yobgoblin posted:

The mall's mongolian place sucks rear end and has little to no sauces compared to a grillhouse across the street from my local library. Their food is also dry and cheap as poo poo.

Not to be all nit-picky but I don't think it's too unpopular to think that a mall food court has inferior food to an actual restaurant.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

King of Foolians posted:

Not to be all nit-picky but I don't think it's too unpopular to think that a mall food court has inferior food to an actual restaurant.

Yes of course, thank you.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been. Possibly because I can't be.

Let me try again!

Yes, streaming/on demand is awesome when I want to watch a particular show all the way through or review a specific episode. I am very for this and don't want it to go away.

However, there's something different that I miss that I will try and fail to describe. Maybe you're bored or overwhelmed or, or, or? and you just want to sit there and have meaningless (but tolerable) input without having to make a choice. Ideally, it's the emotional equivalent of eating unchallenging comfort food and tonguing a nagging gum-wound you just can't leave alone because it feels good AND hurts rolled into one.

I've recommended the Pluto TV streaming service for stuff ilke this. They have several dozen channels that just stream different content on each and while you can pick the channel, you can't FF/RW, you can't pause, you get commercials, etc. There have been time I've just put on their 70s/80s Martial Arts movie channel and just let stuff play in the background, the anime channel, they're a handful of retro cartoon channels, an MST3K channel, a horror channel, etc.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'm seriously gonna go check that out, so often I don't care what I'm watching, I just want something

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

JediTalentAgent posted:

I've recommended the Pluto TV streaming service for stuff ilke this. They have several dozen channels that just stream different content on each and while you can pick the channel, you can't FF/RW, you can't pause, you get commercials, etc. There have been time I've just put on their 70s/80s Martial Arts movie channel and just let stuff play in the background, the anime channel, they're a handful of retro cartoon channels, an MST3K channel, a horror channel, etc.

Sounds interesting but before I search for it I am going to wager that it's going to say "this service is not available in europe" when I try it.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

JediTalentAgent posted:

I'm not going to make you do my research for me, but I wonder how it compares to sling. Based on your description, it might fit the bill perfectly. Thanks for the tip! (An MST3K channel? Brilliant.)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Eminem is easily objectively in the top 3 rappers of all time and it has nothing to do with him being white.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Eminem is easily objectively in the top 3 rappers of all time and it has nothing to do with him being white.

In terms of technical skill maybe. For actual musical output, lol no

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
You can't throw out top 3 without naming the people you consider to be in it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

In terms of technical skill maybe. For actual musical output, lol no

How do you define musical output? For example, Rap God is basically the perfect song and it is getting pretty late in his career so I think he is still putting out high quality stuff.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

You can't throw out top 3 without naming the people you consider to be in it.

The top 3 will vary from person to person I'm just saying eminem belongs in it no matter what. For me it's 1) biggie 2) eminem 3) jay z

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
There is no objectivity in music or any other art.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

There is no objectivity in music or any other art.

I agree unless we're talking about my own opinions which are very correct

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

How do you define musical output? For example, Rap God is basically the perfect song and it is getting pretty late in his career so I think he is still putting out high quality stuff.

His career post MMLP is straight doo doo rear end and even at his peak he was uneven

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

I agree unless we're talking about my own opinions which are very correct

No, your opinions suck and mine are objectively correct

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

starkebn posted:

Now that's just plain rude.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

starkebn posted:

Has this thread ever had a subtitle? Mods?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The top 3 will vary from person to person I'm just saying eminem belongs in it no matter what. For me it's 1) biggie 2) eminem 3) jay z

What the gently caress is this bullshit? You definitely grew up in the 2000's because no 80's or 90's kid is gonna respect your weak rear end top 3. I'm not even big into rap and that list has zero street cred.

1) Dr. Dre
2) Easy E
3) Vanilla Ice

Even included a white guy in there.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
vanilla ice IS a good rapper..

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

What the gently caress is this bullshit? You definitely grew up in the 2000's because no 80's or 90's kid is gonna respect your weak rear end top 3. I'm not even big into rap and that list has zero street cred.

1) Dr. Dre
2) Easy E
3) Vanilla Ice

Even included a white guy in there.

wrong

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:mad: Show your work.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sounds interesting but before I search for it I am going to wager that it's going to say "this service is not available in europe" when I try it.

PHUO: Yeah i eat rear end being and american in germany gets less exciting each time they point it out.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This is the equivalent of someone being asked what the best rock bands of all time are and they respond with 1)Aerosmith 2)Green Day 3)Red Hot Chili Peppers

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I only like white rappers like Aesop Rock, El P, and kreayshawn

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If a dog shits on my lawn and the owner doesn't pick it up, an ultimatum of owner ir dog being shot with a bb or paintball gun should be considered ok. The dog owner chooses. If they refuse, then both get shot.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jastiger posted:

If a dog shits on my lawn and the owner doesn't pick it up, an ultimatum of owner ir dog being shot with a bb or paintball gun should be considered ok. The dog owner chooses. If they refuse, then both get shot.

Should just be the owner. The dog wasn't being a jerk.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Solution: shoot the owner twice.

As an adult being a bad pet owner is not acceptable. You took this living thing into your home, it didn't ask you for housing. You grabbed it from somewhere and made it your property. You have to treat it well and pick up after it.

This goes triple for dogs because those poor, loveable idiots are very much biologically evolved to be human companions. They desperately need a responsible owner/companion/parent/etc not just to be ok in polite society but to be happy.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 14:46 on Sep 16, 2017

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I've never seen a dog that I didn't want to smooch.

Even a really mean and ugly one. At least one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aramek posted:

That's weird man.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh the dog knows. It knows.
Its more an incentive to keep the owner away.

However if its a breed that should not exist, like a pug, its getting shot anyway.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jastiger posted:

Oh the dog knows. It knows.
Its more an incentive to keep the owner away.

However if its a breed that should not exist, like a pug, its getting shot anyway.

IMO don't shoot them but don't keep breeding them either.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aramek posted:

It's weird to me when people kiss or rub their faces on dogs because even a relatively clean dog is usually at least kind of smelly and gross. Don't even get me started on people who let dogs lick their faces. I understand why they are haram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I always want to chomp on dog ears