Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I didn't pay attention to Octopath because the name made me think it was a Splatoon game mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Samus Returns is available for pre-load and will unlock at Midnight EST.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The reverse overalls... Customizable Mario is so win

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Samus Returns is available for pre-load and will unlock at Midnight EST.

I have a cross-country flight tomorrow :getin:

I might play Rabbids instead though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What if after you beat Mario Odyssey you get to play through as Peach because she also has the hat with eyes

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Good direct overall I think. it's a shame the strange journey remake isn't on switch... when are they going to talk about the new switch smt game?

radiant historia is a fantastic game by the way so you should all buy that please. the way positioning works in the battle system is one of the most fun mechanics in a jrpg along with press turns and brave/defaulting and whatever you call the xenoblade thing where you have to stagger enemies before knocking them down

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

yeah actually they will posted:

Good direct overall I think. it's a shame the strange journey remake isn't on switch... when are they going to talk about the new switch smt game?

radiant historia is a fantastic game by the way so you should all buy that please. the way positioning works in the battle system is one of the most fun mechanics in a jrpg along with press turns and brave/defaulting and whatever you call the xenoblade thing where you have to stagger enemies before knocking them down

That sounds cool, I was thinking of playing it anyway and then they announced the remake

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I'm buying a switch when smt comes out so probably never

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Pumprag posted:

I'm buying a switch when smt comes out so probably never
Thanks for the update.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Hello Nintendo thread. I've survived hurricane Irma and only just now have power, ac, and internet. I lasted thanks to Wario Land 2, The Legend of Zelda: The Oracle of Ages, and Mighty Switch Force 2 all on my Nintendo New 3DS XL.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think that's all the Irma imps accounted for. Thank god everybody made it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

Hello Nintendo thread. I've survived hurricane Irma and only just now have power, ac, and internet. I lasted thanks to Wario Land 2, The Legend of Zelda: The Oracle of Ages, and Mighty Switch Force 2 all on my Nintendo New 3DS XL.

How long was your power out? Mine was out for 5 days once. loving nightmare..

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

How long was your power out? Mine was out for 5 days once. loving nightmare..

Since Sunday afternoon in 90+ degree heat. I was at the end of my rope

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

drat... Stay strong, gamer

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Power's still out at my place, but I'm lucky enough to have kind gamer friends with good wifi and a spare room until it comes back.

I'm also very pumped for the Bravely Default take on Live a live

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

so I've dumped like 5 hrs into the octopath traveller demo and it's great. should I get bravely default?

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

so I've dumped like 5 hrs into the octopath traveller demo and it's great. should I get bravely default?

yes, it is very good

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

well I'm sold

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bravely Default 1/2 pwn completely.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haven't played octo demo yet because every time I launch my switch Splatoon 2 is open so I play that again oops

folder
Oct 9, 2016
*throws javelin* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiXfl0EIvxw

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Both are good. Both, however, are long, and the second one is better in that it's more consistent and it doesn't repeat the mistakes of the first (which a small fraction of players have a strong negative reaction to). If you are worried about time, it's okay to skip to the second one.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

Haven't played octo demo yet because every time I launch my switch Splatoon 2 is open so I play that again oops

try it, it's really outstanding

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

without spoiling anything bravely default is like one of the most charming and refreshing takes on the rpg genre in a long time, but also the first one has more backtracking than any other game ever made so i would say go into it knowing whats in store. 2 is basically an all around improvement and it adds some tough/meaningful choice moments.

i'm really in love with the mood/atmosphere of POT, i just finished primrose's intro, theres allusions to blowjobs and stuff which was a little bit unexpected. the allure mechanic is really cool

thanks,

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
octopath seems really cool but i wiped on primose's first real boss cause i suck

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

I think that's all the Irma imps accounted for. Thank god everybody made it

irma imp reporting in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5DgPdZ3SVw

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

bump_fn posted:

octopath seems really cool but i wiped on primose's first real boss cause i suck

I liked that it was hard enough for me to lose the first time I tried it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
also whats a good switch case that isn't the really nice looking TAKECASE someone recommended that's out of stock on amazon

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i hope if i ever die in a disaster my last post is extremely epic

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

prims story was really sad and I loving loved her boss fight. and yeah using the word whore and talking about getting hummers in a 16 bit Nintendo rpg was super cool. finally, a mature game for a mature game like myself

olberic story is kinda like basic warrior story (so far) but I'm interested in seeing where it goes

I think I've done everything I can do in the demo: started with olberic, then started new file with prim and finished her stuff and recruited olberic, then did the bonus dungeon. I can't wait for more. I also think this is the longest post I've ever made on SA

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

bump_fn posted:

also whats a good switch case that isn't the really nice looking TAKECASE someone recommended that's out of stock on amazon

I've got this one by RDS, it's nice
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Game-Traveler-Deluxe-Travel/dp/B01MY9JB2U

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I got the same one, actually the second one I tried and I like it quite a bit. Fits snugly and the outside is harder than most.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

they

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

Power's still out at my place, but I'm lucky enough to have kind gamer friends with good wifi and a spare room until it comes back.

I'm also very pumped for the Bravely Default take on Live a live

God I hope this game turns out as good at making the different paths distinct as live a live. i still haven't started primrose's path yet so i'm excited to see if they go the live a live route or if it's just each character has a button that gets past a different obstacle

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I watched some nintendo direct "reaction" videos and I was honestly surprised at how many people were blown away by the announcement of minecraft on 3DS

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I watched some nintendo direct "reaction" videos and I was honestly surprised at how many people were blown away by the announcement of minecraft on 3DS

i stayed at a friends for the hurricane and got to witness how apeshit kids go for minecraft, they dont even have to play it they will watch LPs of it for 10 hours a day

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

extremebuff posted:

i stayed at a friends for the hurricane and got to witness how apeshit kids go for minecraft, they dont even have to play it they will watch LPs of it for 10 hours a day

drat bob congrats on the stream views

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

It's insanely bizarre. I feel like the actual profitable / popular part of the gaming landscape is weird poo poo like this based ob streqming and lps that none of us even register

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I haven't played minecraft in years and I was like "woah"