Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

McGlockenshire posted:

The "she was a human being" made me go look to see if there were any other defenders. A fool's errand.

Anyway here's the best/worst from the third thread on the DACA deal.

Hi Kit Cat!

Yeah, probably. Ryan & the turtle won't debase themselves like the Democrats will, though. At least I don't expect them to.

Only two?

"rich"

Some are putting the blame where it might belong. Original formatting.

"I'll get you next time, Gadget!"

One freeper is screeching about fake news and oh boy does he get shut down hard

Imagine if this was still bannable. Incidentally, freep still needs $11,000 to reach the quarterly fundraising goal.

There's almost nobody defending Trump in these threads. Quite the opposite.

Oh man this is awesome. Their Inner narrative is collapsing because Trump is more interested in getting praise from the media than he is from his base. (As I have long argued Trump is literally addicted to attention and his every move is premised on what will get him the most positive attention at any given moment. Right now because of the generals who are filtering his media intake he is not hearing waht hsi base is saying at all and is instead buzzing on the positive praise he is getting from Morning Joe.

The scorpion has finally turned on the frog and only now do they feel the venom entering their veins. Its :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yesss eat your own

quote:

To: GuavaCheesePuff 
She was a human being. 
So was Judas. And the Antichrist for that matter. 

16 posted on 9/12/2017, 5:24:46 PM by fwdude (Democrats have not been this angry since Republicans freed the slaves.) 
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

I don't seem to remember Jesus dancing on Judas' grave when he came back to life?

quote:

To: Berlin_Freeper

True colors now showing. Trump is working more closely with democrats then republicans and enacting shumer and pelosis agenda. We have been sold down the river and not even for a decent price. Planned parenthood is funded, DACA is continued, taxes will be raised on the “rich” and no wall will be built. It’s been a great year for the dems. For conservatives not so much.

31 posted on 9/13/2017, 7:51:57 PM by Mom MD ( .)

Is this a common expression in the US? Afaik that is in direct reference to American slavery, where "bad" slaves were shipped off down the Mississippi to be sold in states where their treatment was even worse.

I dunno it kinda irks me for a freeper to use this analogy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fathis Munk posted:

Is this a common expression in the US? Afaik that is in direct reference to American slavery, where "bad" slaves were shipped off down the Mississippi to be sold in states where their treatment was even worse.

It's more that 'strong' slaves would be separated from their family and transported to the fertile soils of the Deep South to pick cotton than any specific punishment for behavior, but yeah, it references awful poo poo. After the importation of slaves was stopped while demand for cotton soared, states like Kentucky positioned themselves as 'slave growing states' and it's as terrible as it sounds.

Iirc "sold down the river" started off as AAVE for obvious reasons, before becoming part of Older Southern American English.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"if not a wall, at least a very strong, very high fence" sounds like something from an Onion article.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Yesss eat your own

I don't seem to remember Jesus dancing on Judas' grave when he came back to life?

"Sold down the river" is a very common phrase in America, and most people probably don't know it's origin offhand. Well, I didn't until just now at least.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Steve King: If Reports Correct ‘Trump Base Is Blown Up, Destroyed, Irreparable’

The salt levels are reaching critical! :getin:

quote:

Dedicated to Judas and Donald:

It’s not an enemy that is insulting me— I could handle that. It’s not someone who hates me who is exalted over me— I could hide from them. No. It’s you, my equal, my close companion, my good friend! It was so pleasant when together we entered God’s house with the crowd. Psalm 55:12-14

1 posted on 09/14/2017 1:59:46 AM PDT by EliRoom8
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

They can't seem to make up their mind on this one.

quote:

>> Steve King @RealDonaldTrump If AP is correct, ...

Well, Steve King is definitively an idiot.

3 posted on 09/14/2017 2:05:49 AM PDT by Gene Eric (Don't be a statist!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: EliRoom8

Steve King is correct.

4 posted on 09/14/2017 2:07:12 AM PDT by 9YearLurker

quote:

Djt was always my glass half full guy.better than Hillary and actually electable. I knew I would be dissapoint3d in much of what he,was going to do. Unfortunately the republicans have stabbed him in the back on everything he has tried to do.

6 posted on 09/14/2017 2:10:08 AM PDT by BRL

Move those goalposts! Hurry!

quote:

To: Jacob Kell

I don’t know.

If Trump does approve the immigrants, but builds the wall, then I am aok with that.

That depends, on whether he gets the wall built.

Ryan is making noises like that will happen. If it does, then we are all good.

But it’s very, very important.

9 posted on 09/14/2017 2:17:17 AM PDT by cba123 ( Toi la nguoi My. Toi bay gio o Viet Nam.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

It’s hard to see how Trump can face his supporters if the AP report is correct. This is gonna fly like a lead toolbox.

13 posted on 09/14/2017 2:34:53 AM PDT by Ronin (Blackface or bolt-ons, it's the same fraud. - Norm Lenhart)

quote:

If Trump keeps giving Democrats what they want and we don’t get what we want, what am I supposed to think?
He’s pushing the envelope.

28 posted on 09/14/2017 2:49:41 AM PDT by lucky american (Progressives are attac Iking our rights and y'all will sit there and take it.)

Art of the Deal!

quote:

To: cba123

That’s about where I am. This was always about a deal and Donald wrote the book on making deals so let’s see what kind of deal he made.

36 posted on 09/14/2017 3:05:36 AM PDT by RC one (The 2nd Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: lucky american

It all depends on what Trump gets in return

As a practical matter, we are never going to deport legit kids who have spent their lives here

If Trump gets

Restricted only to current DACA enrolled

End to chain immigration for extended families

No welfare for 10 years

End to birthright citizenship

Must remain employed

No criminal convictions . If ever arrested and convicted in future they get deported

Pay back taxes on the income they have claimed

Speak English

Graduated from high school ( no GED)

Pays $5000 for extremely thorough background check

DACA is 50% or more fraud so background checks will eliminate several hundred thousand DACA fraudsters, limiting the number of people eligible for relief

37 posted on 09/14/2017 3:06:42 AM PDT by rdcbn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

quote:

Caveat: we have the most partisan, lying and corrupt media of any 1st world country, but I’m done with Trump if he amnetizes “dreamers” without securing the wall.

38 posted on 09/14/2017 3:07:55 AM PDT by MountainWalker

Freepers are at each other's throats by the way. Throughout the thread there are constant accusations of being NeverTrumpers or Amnesty supporters flying around.

quote:

I don’t see a single thing among your posts to indicate that what I said is not true your just another never Trumper. Regardless of what he does you’re not going to go for it. And you talk about getting stabbed in the back how many times does Trump have to get stabbed in the back by his own party and people like you. You are what your rant was all about.

50 posted on 09/14/2017 3:20:12 AM PDT by Federal46
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

quote:

Fox ‘n Friends is gushing over Pelosi and Schumer’s “deal” with Trump and DACA and the Wall.

Once again, it is conservatism that “compromises” with the Left.

The country is done and I am out.

45 posted on 09/14/2017 3:14:47 AM PDT by TTFlyer

quote:

King is a Cruzlim. Not believable.

56 posted on 09/14/2017 3:55:46 AM PDT by j.argese (/s tags: If you have a mind unnecessary. If you're a cretin it really doesn't matter, does it?)

quote:

To: cba123

That’s right. Let’s invite all the 3rd world predators thieves and robbers on the street into our house. Clothe them and feed them. Kiss their asses. Give them our sons daughters and wives. Then hire a contractor to brick-in all our windows and doors while we are all inside together.

Where the hell do people like you come from?

58 posted on 09/14/2017 4:01:42 AM PDT by 4Runner
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Federal46

IF. THE GOP HAD PASSED SOMETHING...maybe we would not have to deal with the democrats

Half a loaf is better than nothing

Time to primary the RINOS

Trump will win in the end

68 posted on 09/14/2017 4:21:12 AM PDT by Hojczyk
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

Jesus, Freep.

quote:

To: Cowboy Bob

I want to see the illegal alien “kids” put on top of box cars, heading south. They can be sent home the way they came in.

71 posted on 09/14/2017 4:38:22 AM PDT by PhiloBedo (You gotta roll with the punches, and get with what's real.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

quote:

We need a closed border; not a 8 year in the works wall.

If we were serious; the border would already be closed.
A wall is not needed to close the border. We should have had resources down there a week after Trump was in office and closed it.

We wouldn’t have issues like DACA if our border was closed.

Many of these DACA folks came here as kids as I understand it.
Its questionable logic to send a kid back to Guatemala who has been here since age 2 and has built a successful career or business here.
But again; they will keep coming long as the border is open.

Many people want the cheap labor that an open border brings. That’s why we haven’t closed it.

78 posted on 09/14/2017 4:51:14 AM PDT by HereInTheHeartland (I don't want better government; I want much less of it.)

Woah, woah, woah, let's not say anything we might regret later, all right?

quote:

I am very concerned by the direction the Trump admin. seems to be heading. I heard a lot of promises by Trump last year. It seems that many are falling by the wayside.

Sessions seems unlikely to indict the Clinton gang. He seems more interested in arresting marijuana smokers than the many crooks (Lerner, Koskinen, Holder, Lynch) in government. Obamacare is still the law. The Wall is not being built. Many in the MAGA camp have been fired from the administration. Federal law enforcement is as Leftist partisan as it was before. The swamp remains as foul as it ever was. Trump is negotiating with his (& America’s) mortal enemies - The Democrats.

Trump has so far failed to exert the necessary pressure on Congress, especially Republicans, to get MAGA done. Example: Trump has the power to remove Congress’s exemption from Obamacare. This alone, if done, would prompt our self-serving Congressmen, to repeal & replace. Yeah, it would PO a lot in Congress, but Trump wasn’t “hired” to please Congress.

Another example: Sessions could have silenced the Democrat’s personal attacks against Trump months ago by taking the Clinton crimes to a Grand Jury. Instead of months of “Russia collusion”, it could have been a Clinton indictment, which would have terrified all the other many crooks in Washington. As it is now, the Left is emboldened by Session’s obvious refusal to pursue political corruption. Witness Hillary’s crawling out of her hole & back into the limelight.

If this is indicative of the rest of his tenure, I WILL NOT SUPPORT HIS REELECTION.

86 posted on 09/14/2017 5:16:25 AM PDT by Mister Da (The mark of a wise man is not what he knows, but what he knows he doesn't know!)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fathis Munk posted:

It wasn't so much that misbehaving slaves got sold down the river, and more that by the late ante-bellum period the older slave states back east were suffering from declining production due to soil depletion and other factors, and the real money was to be made out west in Mississippi and Texas and whatnot. As a result, large slaveholders would either buy land out there and ship their slaves out under an overseer or one of their sons with the express instructions to work them as hard as they could to bring the new land into production as fast as possible (both for market reasons, and from an increasing fear of abolitionism), or just sell off their excess chattel to someone else who's doing the same. Consequently, slaves feared being "sold down the river" both because it broke up families, and also work was known to be so much harder in the western slave states.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I knew about the breaking up families and worse conditions but I had always heard it as being a sort of punishment, guess that wasn't entirely accurate.

Thanks for the info on both the origin and that it's not that rare of an expression.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fathis Munk posted:

I knew about the breaking up families and worse conditions but I had always heard it as being a sort of punishment, guess that wasn't entirely accurate.

Thanks for the info on both the origin and that it's not that rare of an expression.

Don't get me wrong, troublemakers got sold down the river as well and no doubt slaveholders back east held the threat of that over their slaves to keep them compliant, but usually when it happened it was due to market calculations (not the least as a lot of these guys were perennially strapped for cash, as most of their wealth was tied up in land and slaves).

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
While we're talking about problematic American phrases that freep still uses, go ahead and unpack 'cotton pickin'." And then realize how much it's used in, say, Looney Tunes...

Freep is eating themselves alive today. A sample from one of dozens of DACA threads.

quote:

To: VanDeKoik

Oh, so we shouldn’t hold our elected officials accountable to their campaign promises? Got it.

Don’t worry, that warm stuff pouring on you is just rain.

42 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:26:14 AM by linear (The truth brooks no arbiters.)

quote:

quote:

To: ThinkingBuddha

“Yes, I will stay at home and not vote”

Good!

Post a photo on FR of you doing so.

Between the GOPe and this baloney, I wish the Democrats had people this flipping stupid.

40 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:24:02 AM by VanDeKoik

Oh, I will! I can even send you a framed photo. Voting for Trump, after he swims in the swamp is flipping stupid.

44 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:27:33 AM by ThinkingBuddha

And of course, capitals

quote:

To: Reno89519

The Deep State, the GOP, the Media have backed Trump into a corner from which there is no escape.

The intent of the Ruling Class since 1965 has been to replace the White Working Class with cheap, servile, non-White foreign labor. This project has been an unqualified success and will not be denied.

The Swamp is deep and wide, filthy, and full of vermin. There is only one way to drain the Swamp....

56 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:36:38 AM by TTFlyer

From another thread,

quote:

quote:

To: proust

WH spox: Trump ‘will not be discussing amnesty’ but will discuss ‘legal citizenship over a period of time’

3 posted on 09/14/2017 8:22:10 AM PDT by proust (Since a politician never believes what he says, he is quite surprised to be taken at his word.)

Oh, so now he wants to give them citizenship.

What is his definition of Amnesty. I don’t even think he knows.

29 posted on 09/14/2017 8:35:41 AM PDT by RummyChick (can we switch Don,Jr for Prince Kush and his flak jacket. From Yacht Party to Warzone ready to wear.)

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

This is a dark hour in our history. I feel ashamed that I could have been so easily duped. I must have “sucker” plastered on my forehead. I actually believed in trump as a God sent savior in the dwindling hours of a nation dissolving .

9 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:26:24 AM by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, we’re building that wall.”)

quote:

To: Bob Celeste

Bull Dung? Why allow yourself to be in a situation where Communists are met with alone, to tell only one side of the story? Since Trump did not immediately attack them for dishonesty, I can only assume that what Chuck U and Nancy boasted gleefully about is true.

20 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:32:02 AM by alstewartfan (We have no money but we stay afloat. The Jellyfishes don't scare us. Al Stewart from Red Toupee)

quote:

quote:

Oh just leave the man alone. He is a breath of fresh air in the midst of an almost-coup. He has encouraged me so much when I was thinking our country was lost. He’s got a heck of a lot of ankle-biters to deal with from the other side. I’m very pragmatic and not at all a purist. My call is just to wait and watch. And pray for the man.

18 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:31:10 AM by bboop (does not suffer fools gladly)

What if he has been lying to us all along, regarding us as chumps?

22 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:33:04 AM by alstewartfan (We have no money but we stay afloat. The Jellyfishes don't scare us. Al Stewart from Red Toupee)

And another.

quote:

To: Sacajaweau

If and when you lose your base. Very few will be willing to step
up and defend you. And if that happens anything is possible,
including impeachment.

85 posted on 9/14/2017, 7:13:31 AM by tennmountainman ("Prophet Mountainman" Predicter Of All Things RINO...for a small fee.)

quote:

To: dynoman

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 14, 2017

Yes, REALLY, Mr. President. That's how the rule of law works. Their parents snuck them in, and now they have to pay the penalty. Deport them. Deport them all.

Of course, that will never happen now with President Cave-in-to-the-Ivanka-Democrats Trump...

89 posted on 09/14/2017 7:16:49 AM PDT by backwoods-engineer (Trump won; I celebrated; I'm good. Let's get on with the civil war now.)

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

FReep: I must have “sucker” plastered on my forehead.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

AnoHito posted:

If ever there was a prime title replacement, it has to be this one. Can't imagine we'll get much better for a while.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

AnoHito posted:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Aaaaaand I'm done with reading Freep for a while.

Love those Good Christian Morals, yup.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Djt was always my glass half full guy.better than Hillary and actually electable.

The fact people view Trump as electable is pretty loving sad.

McGlockenshire posted:

This is a dark hour in our history. I feel ashamed that I could have been so easily duped. I must have “sucker” plastered on my forehead. I actually believed in trump as a God sent savior in the dwindling hours of a nation dissolving .

9 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:26:24 AM by raiderboy ( "...if we have to close down our government, we’re building that wall.”)

I wouldn't say "sucker" per se. More like "moron, idiot, retard, dumbshit, stupid, window licker, knuckle dragger, head in rear end" to start

V Eh, I think that boarders along a line of people that didn't like Hildog and party first assholes than viewing him as electable. Lots were saying they were going to hold their nose and vote Trump

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 14, 2017

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

SocketWrench posted:

Not as sad as the fact that they turned out to be right.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Some creepy Freepy posted:

"I actually believed in trump as a God sent savior in the dwindling hours of a nation dissolving ."

This dude must worship Khorne or something because Trump tried picking a fight with another nuclear state and was putting us on a clear path to the end of the world there for a while.

I mean yeah if loving your irradiated mutant slave in a pool of blood in front of your skull throne is your idea of salvation, God's got your back there with Trump.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also the idea that God would send us a savior who actively brags about sexually assaulting people.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah but Noah was a drunk and exposed himself to his kids and it was their fault for looking. God chooses those to do his work in mysterious ways.

Now let me tell you about what a pervert Mohammed was.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

More than ever I don't see how any black person could be a member of FR. I don't know if blackfemalearmycaptain or others are still posting. No matter how much you love GOP politicians, how could you read the endless hatred and vitriol, "dindus" and feral apes and all the rest and grin and bear it, telling yourself "it's cool, I'm one of the GOOD ONES, yeah haha we are really terrible like that"?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Zwabu posted:

More than ever I don't see how any black person could be a member of FR. I don't know if blackfemalearmycaptain or others are still posting. No matter how much you love GOP politicians, how could you read the endless hatred and vitriol, "dindus" and feral apes and all the rest and grin and bear it, telling yourself "it's cool, I'm one of the GOOD ONES, yeah haha we are really terrible like that"?

Some of the accounts are probably fakes, as for the rest, yeah, internalized racism is very much a thing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Trump has the power to remove Congress’s exemption from Obamacare. This alone, if done, would prompt our self-serving Congressmen, to repeal & replace. Yeah, it would PO a lot in Congress, but Trump wasn’t “hired” to please Congress.

It amazes me that they continue to believe this blatantly false talking point that Congress is exempt from Obamacare.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Zwabu posted:

Ask yourself how Ben Carson and Herman Cain and Clarence Thomas and Jason Whitlock and the like come around. Some of it may be a craven ploy to appeal to the worst sensibilities of whites for personal profit, some of it is a hosed up view on who's really to blame for racism in America, and some of it who really knows.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SocketWrench posted:

This is just his way of backing away from Trump slowly. "YAY IMMORTAL GOD KING!!! to "Well...Hillary would have been worse AND I NEVER THOUGHT OTHERWISE" because, you know Freep, only the most hardcore of fans survive the compaction cycle, you aren't still around on Freep if you weren't "HOLY poo poo ROMNEY/MCCAIN/TRUMP IS HERE CHOSEN BY GOD HIMSELF TO SAVE US SINNERS". After the compaction comes the unraveling.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

Oh, so we shouldn’t hold our elected officials accountable to their campaign promises? Got it.

Don’t worry, that warm stuff pouring on you is just rain.

42 posted on 9/14/2017, 8:26:14 AM by linear (The truth brooks no arbiters.)
Even Freep knows the piss tape is real.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah but Noah was a drunk and exposed himself to his kids and it was their fault for looking.

That was a weird story, but I think the sin was that Ham went out and told his brothers about what an rear end Noah made of himself, not just that he saw his dad's junk.

quote:

Oh, so now he wants to give them citizenship.

What is his definition of Amnesty. I don’t even think he knows.

I agree with this Freeper. "Amnesty," like "appeasement," is one of those words conservatives just know they're supposed to hate but can't define. It's hilarious to see Trump vocally object to being accused of giving amnesty while saying he won't deport the Dreamers.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
"Hmm, I wonder if freep's seen the thing on Jeff Sessions getting yelled at by Trump and offering up his resignation."

quote:

To: CaptainK

"Mr. Sessions would later tell associates that the demeaning way the president addressed him was the most humiliating experience in decades of public life"

Sessions has been a humiliating experience for conservatives as an AG. Not one traitor in the Obama kakistocracy indicted, much less tried, convicted, and sentenced to be publicly hanged.

15 posted on 9/14/2017, 7:01:17 PM by Carl Vehse

quote:

To: CaptainK

This article makes both Sessions AND Trump look like wishy washy men who don’t know what they are doing. Oh, LOOK! Gee, this article is in the New York Times.

I don’t believe the general outline. I don’t believe the alleged specifics. This is fully in line with the typical psych-ops of the leftists. Could be true, could be un-true. But, you have no idea considering the source.

43 posted on 9/14/2017, 7:32:57 PM by oldplayer

Those are the two polar opposites in the thread. It's unfortunately rather boring.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Re: "The party's over: Republicans and Democrats are both finished" is a vanity thread by JimRob.

the OP posted:

Well, there was this little thing called a VOTER REBELLION that occurred last November. Neither party wants to take responsibility (yet) for their own shortcomings, and neither party wants to admit (yet) that it's really happening. It'll take another election or two where the voters throw the bums out before they start getting the message.

It's way too early to send the success or failure of Trump's presidency to the jury, but I'm still happy. He already saved the nation from complete collapse under either Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton, the two uni-party favorites.

The establishment elites from both parties hate him to the core and will not lift a finger to help him move his agenda, so it's going to be doubly hard to succeed. But again, at least Hillary's agenda is not under consideration nor is Jeb's.

If Trump can horse trade and wrangle in his border wall, his tax cuts, continue his cuts to the EPA and other strangulators and get jobs and the economy moving again, and continue getting his conservative judicial picks conformed, then his presidency will definitely be a big WIN.

Meanwhile, we keep the rebellion moving. Lot's of Cantorizing yet to be done.

Thread summary:

quote:

To: Jim Robinson

The Dems and Lying Leftists are Global Totalitarians that hate America and hate American sovereignty.

The GOP are Leftist Light. They go along with the Leftist agenda.

We the People are rising up to take back OUR Constitution, OUR Freedom, and OUR country regardless of the corrupt parties.

13 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:13:20 PM by Jim 0216

quote:

Agreed.... I would like to add that I believe the underlying goal of both parties is to make sure this outsider fails so Americans never consider any future outsider. Trump succeeding will encourage future talent to run. The only thing congress cares about is protecting their job and exclusive club. If Americans wake up and realize that those in Congress (politicians) are the bottom of the barrel in terms of intellect, character, and accomplishments.....they all lose their jobs. The argument ‘not qualified for public service’ will no longer matter. Folks will vote for those with accomplishments, not rhetoric.

25 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:20:10 PM by Moe-Patrick (If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.)

quote:

Problem is, you can’t trust a Republican politician. Not one. I will NOT, under ANY circumstance, vote for another Republican pol, ever again. They have pi$$ed away any and all respect and trust from the voters. They are scumbags who will not do anything they say, but will kowtow to the establishment directive. The GOP is dead, to me, and to America. It will take a few more elections to get the last gasps out.

34 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:31:18 PM by dware (If you think voting still works, you're part of the problem. The ballot box is broken.)

The rest of it is just sucking JimRob off.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
House GOP Worries About ‘Mass Exodus’ Of Frustrated Members posted by freeper cotton1706

the excerpt posted:

Following a rash of retirements, House Republican leaders are scrambling to get something done legislatively to convince other frustrated members not to toss in the towel in a tough political environment.

It’s not much fun to be a House Republican these days. President Trump has repeatedly taken potshots at their conference. Primary challenges burble on the right. Congress has been unable to pass much meaningful legislation in spite of unified control of Washington. Every trip home means an earful both from liberals furious at their support of the president and conservatives irate they’re not doing enough to support his agenda. And members who haven’t seen real competition for years face tough races due to Trump’s deep unpopularity.

That weighs heavily on Republicans who are on the fence about returning.

quote:

To: cotton1706

“... and members who haven’t seen real competition for years face tough races due to Trump’s deep unpopularity.”

I call bullshit. They will see real completion because Trump is popular and these no good lying RINOS can no longer hide behind Obama’s skirt!

8 posted on 9/14/2017, 2:40:27 PM by GOPe Means Bend Over Spell Run (GO GALT - Support Trump)

freepers are so loving stupid

quote:

Funny, I don’t see any talk of Democrats resigning. Shouldn’t they be the most despondent if it’s Trump’s policies causing this? After all, the Republicans are the majority in both houses.

And yet Republicans are the ones who can’t take it anymore?

This just doesn’t pass the sniff test.

9 posted on 9/14/2017, 2:40:57 PM by DoughtyOne (7.5 mos M/R joining dems to block Cons. agenda? No problem. Trump deal w/Dems, big problem! Ah NO!)

I was kind of expecting dissent in this thread, but I guess we've found the new party line.

quote:

Trump is not responsible for the Do-Nothing congress.
That is Ryan and McConnells failed leadership.

14 posted on 9/14/2017, 2:43:02 PM by tennmountainman ("Prophet Mountainman" Predicter Of All Things RINO...for a small fee.)

So, so loving stupid.

quote:

a tough political environment.

My gawd. Your side controls the whole government and it’s too tough a political climate for you? Look at what the Democrats did under Obama, and how they are able to shut the majority GOP down while the Dems are in the minority.

Go home, snowflakes, go home.

19 posted on 9/14/2017, 2:46:04 PM by sparklite2 (I'm less interested in the rights I have than the liberties I can take.)

Sometimes I clean up the formatting to keep things more consistent for you, dear reader. I'm not going to try on this one.

quote:

To: Jim 0216
“Throw the bums out”

Yeh!

The names and faces change...but that’s all....
GIGO!
But...let’em go anyway....
AINOs!

“A Constitution changed from Freedom, can never be restored; Liberty, once lost, is lost forever...”
Semper TRUMP.45 Locked & Cocked!
;)

23 posted on 9/14/2017, 2:49:56 PM by gunnyg ("A Constitution changed from Freedom, can never be restored; Liberty, once lost, is lost forever...)

No dude, that's not what "constitutional originalist" is supposed to mean. :psyduck:

quote:

To: grania
(”A Constitution changed from Freedom, can never be restored; Liberty, once lost, is lost forever...)

IMO the above explains what happened w/the new constitution of 1789 which replaced our first constitution, and along with it, the DOI, and the original BOR.
Just My personal opinion.
Dick G/aka: Gunny G
AMERICAN!/NOT AINO!

29 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:01:00 PM by gunnyg ("A Constitution changed from Freedom, can never be restored; Liberty, once lost, is lost forever...)

Yeah but the thing is that Republican turnout has been shown to be depressed while Democrats are turning out. Every special election so far has been at least an eight point swing towards the Democrat candidate. Those "safe" districts aren't safe.

quote:

To: DoughtyOne

This article makes it sound like this is a BAD thing. It’s NOT!! Most of these seats are in safely conservative districts. It will be a chance to get fresh blood in the House that will promote conservative agendas. The Tea Party successfully got the GOP the majority. The next step is to ensure a CONSERVATIVE majority.

36 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:05:35 PM by oldplayer

Sometimes when someone places some sort of special significance to a word, they'll capitalize it. It becomes the name of a thing they care about their special definition of. Freeper Jim 0216 is one of these people.

quote:

To: Bryanw92

“Borderless corporations” have nothing to do with national political sovereignty. Don’t get confused. The mostly unconstitutional $4 trillion federal government ARE the bad guys. Free enterprise are the good guys, not the bad guys as the Left would have you think.

The treasonous Left hates national sovereignty because they love power and think Global Totalitarian Government will give it to them. The GOP goes along with it.

A bunch of traitors that need to be thrown out, and will be, as part of the restoration of our Free Constitutional republic.

38 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:09:54 PM by Jim 0216

quote:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
A chain of replies from a thread on Trump and Schumer.

quote:

To: MountainWalker

OR

Trump is playing the Dems, while at the same time trying to scare the GOP into line...

2 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:30:30 PM by G Larry (There is no great virtue in bargaining with the Devil)

quote:

To: G Larry

One squall and all these “conservatives” jump ship.

8 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:35:59 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

And these are the people chomping at the bit for “civil war II”?

For what!? The first drat setback and these styrofoam warriors will run up the white flag!

16 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:39:08 PM by VanDeKoik

Freepers:

quote:

If I have to get there on one of those electric scooters, I’ll be there.

20 posted on 9/14/2017, 3:42:16 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
poo poo, just as I say there wouldn't be a better new title any time soon, that electric scooter post has to happen.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

McGlockenshire posted:

Freepers: If I have to get there on one of those electric scooters, I’ll be there.

Goddamnit, can we get a special election?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

We the People are rising up to take back OUR Constitution, OUR Freedom, and OUR country regardless of the corrupt parties.

By violating the constitution, denying freedom, and watching the country burn.
Whatever freep, go choke on a cock

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

McGlockenshire posted:

Freepers: If I have to get there on one of those electric scooters, I’ll be there.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

There's a positive relationship between how angry they are and number of new thread titles generated. Lots of solid ones in the past few days, the harvest has been a fairly solid vintage :)

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
I thought that when Trump finally built the wall we could return to the then very thematically related classic of "A song of ICE and tires"

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Thanks for the new thread title, mods.

Here's Superman Protects Undocumented Workers From Armed White Supremacist in Latest Comic posted by freeper Oldeconomybuyer

Yes, this is the right wing media, and thus freep, getting upset about Superman defending innocent people from violent crime. Incidentally, the Superman radio show in the 1940s was instrumental in fighting the KKK by exposing their bullshit. It seems that everyone has forgo-OH COME THE gently caress ON

quote:

To: Oldeconomybuyer

Superman radio serials used to be against hate. Now they are hate-mongers.

3 posted on 9/13/2017, 10:54:56 AM by \/\/ayne (I regret that I have but one subscription cancellation notice to give to my local newspaper.)

quote:

Does superman protect any American minor girls from getting raped by the illegal invaders?

10 posted on 9/13/2017, 11:00:48 AM by 2banana (My common ground with terrorists - they want to die for islam and we want to kill them)

quote:

I thought Superman was supposed to stand up for “truth, justice and the American way”.

So a white guy, wearing an American flag bandana and upholding the law doesn’t fit those criteria?

Of course, he is white, a man, and wearing the American flag, so he is obviously a supremacist Nazi. /s

13 posted on 9/13/2017, 11:25:04 AM by proud American in Canada (President Trump is bearing the ''slings and arrows," as he said he would. God Bless him and the US)

quote:

To: proud American in Canada

“I thought Superman was supposed to stand up for “truth, justice and the American way”.”

Superman renounced his American citizenship years ago. Now he fights for Multiculturalism, diversity and the UN way.

33 posted on 9/13/2017, 12:32:22 PM by Brooklyn Attitude (The first step in ending the War on White People, is to recognize it exists.)

How I love bolding entire posts.

quote:

Comic books were only “patriotic” when the supposed right-wing NAZIs were the official enemy. They were never truly conservative or patriotic.

Now that the real enemies within are Marxists and Mohammedans, genuine patriotism is portrayed as evil.

The comic industry overwhelmingly was begun, and remained controlled for decades, by New York leftist Jews (many of whom changed their names). That is why, for a very long time, all superheroes in Marvel lived in New York.

It is inarguable that the majority of New York Jews are politically far left, and often secular and communist - rather than Jewish in any authentic sense - in worldview. (Note well that the “Justice League of America” is now just the “Justice League,” and Superman is now about “truth, justice, and all that other stuff.”)

This is their foul harvest. Comics have always had a strongly propagandistic component; it is now explicitly anti-American, anti-Christian, and anti-Western.

37 posted on 9/13/2017, 1:47:48 PM by YogicCowboy ("I am not entirely on anyone's side, because no one is entirely on mine." - JRRT)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
All comic books are entartete kunst made by Jews who have changed their names so that we don't know that they're Jews purely to promote kulturbolschewismus and btw I'm not a Nazi, it's everyone else who is Nazis.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Guavanaut posted:

All comic books are entartete kunst made by Jews who have changed their names so that we don't know that they're Jews purely to promote kulturbolschewismus and btw I'm not a Nazi, it's everyone else who is Nazis.

The lookup feature on iPhones is great but I can't figure out what Paul Renner has to do with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Here's May: Trump’s tweets after terror attack not helping posted by freeper conservative98

the excerpt posted:

In his tweetstorm, Trump referred to the attacker as a “loser terrorist.”

“These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!” he said.

“Loser terrorists must be dealt with in a much tougher manner. The internet is their main recruitment tool which we must cut off & use better!” he added.

After chairing a meeting of the Cobra emergency committee, May said: “I never think it is helpful for anybody to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation,” the Telegraph reported.

“As I have just said the police and security services are working to discover the full circumstances of this cowardly attack and to identify all those responsible,” she said.

quote:

To: conservative98

Yeah; we should really listen to someone whose ineptitude almost resulted in Jeremy Corbyn unseating her.

3 posted on 9/15/2017, 9:39:42 AM by Olog-hai ("No Republican, no matter how liberal, is going to woo a Democratic vote." -- Ronald Reagan, 1960)

quote:

Pretending Muhammadans aren’t all potential terrorists isn’t helping much either, Terri.

4 posted on 9/15/2017, 9:40:22 AM by E. Pluribus Unum ( "If fascism ever comes to America, it will be called liberalism." --Ronald Reagan)

Freep's in a mood.

quote:

What she is really saying is that he is hurting her, She needs to be hurt. Terrible leader.

5 posted on 9/15/2017, 9:41:17 AM by Robert DeLong

They uh really don't like Theresa May.

quote:

may is such a weak-sister quisling moozlum-lover and terror-lover.

9 posted on 9/15/2017, 9:44:45 AM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp?)

quote:

Worthy of Note:
All 4 major EU leaders are CHILDLESS.
(U.K., France, Italy, Germany)

No skin in the game.
Symptom of the demise of European culture.

13 posted on 9/15/2017, 9:46:28 AM by Disestablishmentarian

quote:

To: Robert DeLong

If this continues which it will it would not surprise me if by this time next year politicians start being treated like Mussolini. They have betrayed the citizens of the west and then trying to shame them to islam err I mean to submit to this insanity. Islam should be made illegal as it is an accessory to murder across the world. It’s not a religion more accurate is death cult.

14 posted on 9/15/2017, 9:50:03 AM by datricker (The wall will protect the border and be a symbol the voters do have a say in their government.)

quote:

Virile men and strong women (i.e., Margaret Thatcher) make better leaders than wishy-washy people.

Sorry if that is non-p.c., but she really seemed to overreact to the president’s tweets.

Odd how people who don’t like him follow his tweets. LOL! It is almost as if they have some sort of crush on him. It reminds me of a young boy teasing a girl, pulling her braids, etc. ;)

17 posted on 9/15/2017, 9:56:13 AM by proud American in Canada (President Trump is bearing the ''slings and arrows," as he said he would. God Bless him and the US)

:tinfoil:

quote:

To: Disestablishmentarian

"All 4 major EU leaders are CHILDLESS... Symptom of the demise of European culture."

It's also a matter of market pricing. These dirtbags are being purchased by the NWO cabal to lead their countries into slavery and as we all know, the price of a stooge goes up when they have to sell out not only their soul and their country but also their children's future. Simple economics - purchase a child-free model and save a few euros.

39 posted on 9/15/2017, 10:43:55 AM by Garth Tater (Gone Galt and I ain't coming back.)

quote:

Translation: She was planning to CONCEAL THAT FACT from the public and Trump ruined their deception #MAGA

40 posted on 9/15/2017, 10:54:55 AM by montag813 (ue)