Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Urgh, I wanna make a Chaos army centered around (but not exclusively) Slaves to Darkness, but I dunno which god, if any, I wanna dedicate them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Urgh, I wanna make a Chaos army centered around (but not exclusively) Slaves to Darkness, but I dunno which god, if any, I wanna dedicate them to.

Nurgle will give you access to Rotbringers, Pestilens and Daemons of Nurgle sharing the Nurgle keyword. Likewise Khorne with Bloodbound and Daemons of Khorne. Alternatively Everchosen and remortgage for the £100 Archaon and £80 Varanguard.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Blood for the Blood God!

Check out Slaved to Darkness with Khorne Bloodbound. Get that sweet buffed Gorebeast Chariot with a Bloodstoker and a Bloodsecrator.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone looking for any High Elves or Chaos Warrior stuff? I'm trimming down armies and have large lots to sell cheap.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

TKIY posted:

Is anyone looking for any High Elves or Chaos Warrior stuff? I'm trimming down armies and have large lots to sell cheap.

I might be interested in High Elves depending on what you have.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

I might be interested in High Elves depending on what you have.

Literally everything.

I'll post an SA Mart list later.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

TKIY posted:

Literally everything.

I'll post an SA Mart list later.

What eras?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Mostly the latest models. Have some metal characters, Tyrion and Teclis for sure, Alith Anar too.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's a handful of Chaos Warrior stuff I'm hunting for, looking forward to the thread!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Okay here is my poo poo for sale: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834054

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TKIY posted:

Shadeglass is the new Warpstone then?
Pretty much. It's got a different power, but it's pretty much Warpstone from Mordheim.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are you asking what reason orks have for fighting?
Yeah, that was a weird question to have. The real question would be "What reason to the Orcs have for NOT fighting."

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I have a lot of Khorne Bloodbound to assemble, and there is a 1000pt event coming up.

What would a good 1000 point starter army look like?
I came up with:
Bloodsecrator
Skullgrinder
Wrathmongers x 5 x 2
Blood Warriors x 5 x 3
Bloodforged Battallion or Bloodreavers x 20

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books

Really good deal if you're into the rpg or just Warhammer fluff. 

Balder
Apr 3, 2011

berzerkmonkey posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books

Really good deal if you're into the rpg or just Warhammer fluff. 

That is a great deal. Gonna try and use this to get my Dark Heresy group to venture into The Old World.

Edit: Thanks for heads up!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Bought my first box of Chaos Warriors for my Slaves to Darkness.

For a sculpt older than the concept of time, they're still fantastic models.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
No, Slambo warriors are the ones older than time.

Grogs say that their poses made them tricky to put them in formation, whick explains why Chaos Warriors like to keep their weapons and elbows to themselves.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The sprues of the current ones say 2003. Still pretty bloody old.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Bought my first box of Chaos Warriors for my Slaves to Darkness.

For a sculpt older than the concept of time, they're still fantastic models.

They mix really well with the bits from the Khorne Bloodwarriors, and with some cutting spares from the Nurgle Blightkings too. I'll hopefully have finished my box of Warriors tomorrow then I really should move on to the Seraphon stuff, but I may have bought some more Chaos stuff "by accident".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

richyp posted:

They mix really well with the bits from the Khorne Bloodwarriors, and with some cutting spares from the Nurgle Blightkings too. I'll hopefully have finished my box of Warriors tomorrow then I really should move on to the Seraphon stuff, but I may have bought some more Chaos stuff "by accident".

I'm aiming for like, modular StD. Able to slot different gods in, so it's basically 4 armies in one, depending on my mood. Just gonna do gunmetal and tarnished gold armour.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm aiming for like, modular StD. Able to slot different gods in, so it's basically 4 armies in one, depending on my mood. Just gonna do gunmetal and tarnished gold armour.

My dudes couldn't decide on outfits, so to avoid clashing they went Full Skittles. Slaanesh is missing, because he's missing (and I need another box of warriors, actually another 2 because apparently Chaos Warriors are minimum unit size of 10 :/).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

richyp posted:

My dudes couldn't decide on outfits, so to avoid clashing they went Full Skittles. Slaanesh is missing, because he's missing (and I need another box of warriors, actually another 2 because apparently Chaos Warriors are minimum unit size of 10 :/).

You make me want to give GW money

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Iron Crowned posted:

You make me want to give GW money

Come back to the dark side, nü:GW is 25% cuddlier 2% cheaper* and only destroying 10% of their history. Plus they have something called "The Twitch?" which is apparently what people younger than me use to watch people play games so it's even cheaper than actually buying in.

I'm still pissed about square bases being gone, Warriors looked cool when you can rank them up in regiments, that and the dumb rear end names of poo poo. Orc's goddamn it, ORCS
:corsair:

* Probably not true.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

richyp posted:

Come back to the dark side, nü:GW is 25% cuddlier 2% cheaper* and only destroying 10% of their history. Plus they have something called "The Twitch?" which is apparently what people younger than me use to watch people play games so it's even cheaper than actually buying in.

I'm still pissed about square bases being gone, Warriors looked cool when you can rank them up in regiments, that and the dumb rear end names of poo poo. Orc's goddamn it, ORCS
:corsair:

* Probably not true.

Warriors are min unit size 5 now

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Those chaos warriors look dope. This thread needs some good guys though. Here's the start of my warband for the local GW's Path to Glory campaign. I'm playing the generic "old elfs/dwarfs/humans" Order faction.

Drakeseer! Maybe the weakest of the dragon-riders but I like that Flames of the Phoenix spell. I finished this model before I decided to go with round bases so I'm going to rebase him on a big oval later.

White Lions

I'm currently working on a unit of Dark Riders and then there's some Empire Free Guild Guards that are going to give me some more feet on the ground.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Black_Nexus posted:

Warriors are min unit size 5 now

I was under the same impression, that's why I built them in 3 units of 5. Maybe it's printed somewhere else that way, but looking at the Warscroll for Chaos Warriors on the Store page it says this:

:(

Don't have the new GHB with me, maybe it's min size 5 in there now, and that's where I read it?

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

richyp posted:

Don't have the new GHB with me, maybe it's min size 5 in there now, and that's where I read it?

I have misplaced my GHB2017 but the Azyr app and web Warscroll Builder say its min 5 max 30.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The 2003 Chaos Warriors was the first time I started to realize that GW may not have been making models intended for use in their own game.

Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous kit. But I had a hell of a time getting them to rank. The Marauders lined up nice and easy though.

I'll say those metal bloodletters were my favorite incarnation of that unit. Nice and bestial look.

I really should do something with my Chaos fantasy army. It probably wouldn't take me long to paint up the last few units.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

The 2003 Chaos Warriors was the first time I started to realize that GW may not have been making models intended for use in their own game.

Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous kit. But I had a hell of a time getting them to rank. The Marauders lined up nice and easy though.

I'll say those metal bloodletters were my favorite incarnation of that unit. Nice and bestial look.

I really should do something with my Chaos fantasy army. It probably wouldn't take me long to paint up the last few units.

But the 03 warriors are the ones that rank up really easily because their arms are at perfect right angles at their sides.. It was the ones before that were famously hard to rank up.

The worst unit to rank up will forever be Black Orcs, though.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

But the 03 warriors are the ones that rank up really easily because their arms are at perfect right angles at their sides.. It was the ones before that were famously hard to rank up.

The worst unit to rank up will forever be Black Orcs, though.

Mine were the multi part plastic kit that came out with the first 6e Chaos book, which to me must have been 2003. It could be that release and manufacture date are different. Maybe it depended on what weapon option you gave them, but I know I had to mark their bases to get them to line up properly.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
I'm pretty sure it was the constraint of having to make units rank up more than anything else which spearheaded warhammer fantasy's move to a round based skirmish format. GW have repeatedly said they design things miniatures-first, rules-second, and AoS totally seems like the miniature designers getting fed up with not being able to make dynamic poses.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
The plastic bloodletters and Pink horrors were awful to rank up, I had to number them to get them right.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Danimo posted:

I have misplaced my GHB2017 but the Azyr app and web Warscroll Builder say its min 5 max 30.

Just checked the new GHB, they're 5 in there too so I guess that was a change in the new edition. I have 3 more battleline units now rather than 3 x 1/2's :)

Finished all of them so that's some more grey plastic cleared (cross-post from mini thread)

5 Chaos Warriors with the Mark of Nurgle

5 Chaos Warriors with the Mark of Khorne

5 Chaos Warriors with the Mark of Tzeentch

Representatives of the Chaos Skittles Warband:

richyp fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 15, 2017

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

richyp posted:

Just checked the new GHB, they're 5 in there too so I guess that was a change in the new edition. I have 3 more battleline units now rather than 3 x 1/2's :)

Finished all of them so that's some more grey plastic cleared (cross-post from mini thread)

Yes. YES. This should be the standard for chaos armies. Distinct worshippers, really great paint jobs.

Nice job on the Nurgle dudes. Love you work as always!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
These are all so fabulous

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Now I'm just dying to see your Slaaneshi addition.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I still find it so odd that marauders are on 32mm

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

richyp posted:

really appreciate you posting your beautiful boys

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Thanks for the comments denizens of the quiet thread.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Now I'm just dying to see your Slaaneshi addition.

I'm Chaos Warrior'ed out, both in terms of model count and psychologically. So the Slaaenshi variants will be a bit yet, though I will likely get some Daemonettes as I'm going for 1 Chaos Warriors Regiment + iconic unit for each god. Painting the dumbest model at the moment, the Khorne Khorgorath: Stupid name, stupider head. I'm kind of rushing it while working out what to paint next.

Looking at the Firestorm stuff on Warhammer Community (a new newer way to play (tm)). I'm wondering with the city boxsets all being Order and having their extra allegiance abilities in the new rules for belonging to a city, whether there'll be stuff for none Order aligned units too? I know all the boxsets that were leaked last month were all Order, but some new themes for Destruction, Death and Chaos would be pretty cool and a nice modelling project too.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

richyp posted:

Looking at the Firestorm stuff on Warhammer Community (a new newer way to play (tm)). I'm wondering with the city boxsets all being Order and having their extra allegiance abilities in the new rules for belonging to a city, whether there'll be stuff for none Order aligned units too? I know all the boxsets that were leaked last month were all Order, but some new themes for Destruction, Death and Chaos would be pretty cool and a nice modelling project too.

The AoS Facebook has confirmed 10 new allegiances for "the cities and those who would destroy them" so 7 Order Cities and one for each other Grand Alliance.

My growing order army is probably going to be Hammerhal themed now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Danimo posted:

The AoS Facebook has confirmed 10 new allegiances for "the cities and those who would destroy them" so 7 Order Cities and one for each other Grand Alliance.

My growing order army is probably going to be Hammerhal themed now

Might have to theme my Chaos buds around "Bloodville Murderheim-up on-Skullthrone in the County of Slaughtershire".

• Locked thread