Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Got to make those key figures pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Synthbuttrange posted:

That looks way huger than the other one.

tbf he was only filling a tiny bit of the other one up anyway from memory?

e: turns out i have the memory of a newspaper spider man but it looks like that one is broken already, the chalices appear to turn from gold to grey when they break

Synthbuttrange posted:

Tomorrow: They play keep away til it ends like that nazi drinking from the wrong grail.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I'm really hoping Kala just slaps the new chalice out of his hands the moment he runs in with it.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Ikasuhito posted:

I'm really hoping Kala just slaps the new chalice out of his hands the moment he runs in with it.

"Wait! I just remembered- I've a SPARE spare chalice in my china hutch!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Synthbuttrange posted:

That looks way huger than the other one.

When a former Roman Emperor said that he had a spare I pictured him knowingly running to its exact location atop a pedestal befitting its importance.

Nah, it's just tossed in a heap somewhere.

Also, I'm pretty sure those aren't rubies on that grey cube. That cube is a Contra boss and those are its red weak spots.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Tyrannus is going to trip and break the chalice. I'm calling it now.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Proteus Jones posted:

It's like the colorist *started* with the rubies and went "poo poo there's a lot of little gems and filigree poo poo. I got a deadline, drat it!"

Color print is expensive, jeez!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Spidey's comment has me holding out hope that they're really pulling the trigger on the may-melvin wedding.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Looks like just finding the chalice was enough to un-gray his hair. Perhaps he doesn't really need the water from the fountain of youth, and it's really the chalice doing all the work.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cat Mattress posted:

Looks like just finding the chalice was enough to un-gray his hair. Perhaps he doesn't really need the water from the fountain of youth, and it's really the chalice doing all the work.

"You didn't need the Fountain or the chalice. You always had the youth inside you. Right... here."

"Get your hand off my crotch."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

When a former Roman Emperor said that he had a spare I pictured him knowingly running to its exact location atop a pedestal befitting its importance.

Nah, it's just tossed in a heap somewhere.

I love that. Tyrannus's room is just a big heap of bachelor poo poo and opulent jewelry.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Weekday colorist just said gently caress it and made Tyrannus' gray hair blonde again.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Do the weekday and weekend colorists like hate each other or something

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Screw all this nonsense I want to read the story of how Tyrannus got not one, but two chalices measured and mastered for precise immortality use with Roman/Subterrarian science and manufacturing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He probably just experimented on moloids.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There's some pretty solid evidence. When Jameson stole one of Iron Man's old suits, the sunday colorist consistently color it like his old armor from the comics; the weekday colorist colored it like modern Iron Man. And the lead time for sunday strips is longer so it's not like they couldn't have seen it.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Weekday colorist is presumably an intern or some other bottom-of-the-totem pole guy working for a comics syndicate, an incredibly dying industry kept alive just enough to keep cranking out Rex Morgan, M.D. He's probably doing the jobs of three different people who have long since been laid off. He has no time whatsoever, and just tries to make sure he doesn't make Spider-Man orange before shipping it out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

now pee in it!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wouldn't that be a Revisor of Youth fed by the Stream of Youth, then? I guess I was assuming it was a natural fountain (like from the legend) and therefore spring fed.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spider-Man drinks from it and becomes Spider-Baby?

Proteus Jones posted:

Wouldn't that be a Revisor of Youth fed by the Stream of Youth, then? I guess I was assuming it was a natural fountain (like from the legend) and therefore spring fed.

Aren't you a fount of knowledge.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Please tell me the plan is to dump a bucket of youth water on Tyrannus' head :allears:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

mind the walrus posted:

Screw all this nonsense I want to read the story of how Tyrannus got not one, but two chalices measured and mastered for precise immortality use with Roman/Subterrarian science and manufacturing.

Bizarrely that weird dodecahedron Roman engineering scam might actually work here, unless :thejoke:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is underground phosphorescence a whole bunch of mauve-colored explosions?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

EorayMel posted:

No those are actually bioluminescent cave urchins.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Malachite_Dragon posted:

they're trapped in a loveless marriage and this is their only emotional outlet

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

For reasons I don't understand, the weekday colouring is done by the syndicate while the Sunday colouring is done by the actual artist. So the Sunday colours are correct and the weekday ones are the best guess of someone who doesn't read the Sunday strips and isn't paid enough to care.

Scaramouche posted:

that weird dodecahedron Roman engineering scam
That what?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

For reasons I don't understand, the weekday colouring is done by the syndicate while the Sunday colouring is done by the actual artist. So the Sunday colours are correct and the weekday ones are the best guess of someone who doesn't read the Sunday strips and isn't paid enough to care.

That what?

http://www.romansystemsengineering.com/our_product.html

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

EorayMel posted:

Of course. Why do you think caving is so dangerous?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He's going to piss into the Stream of Youth, isn't he

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Who wouldn't?

This fountain will let you live forever, but every time you drink it, you'll be sipping my pee.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Oh no, he'll stop the stream and Tyrannus will age - but so will Kala. Now there's no one left to rule Subterrania and Uncle Melvin will have to stay :(

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

https://youtu.be/fe0sxY31AHk

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Malachite_Dragon posted:

He's done it before.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Samuringa posted:

Oh no, he'll stop the stream and Tyrannus will age - but so will Kala. Now there's no one left to rule Subterrania and Uncle Melvin will have to stay :(
Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I'm really hoping that we will get to see a rematch between Spidey and Lenny. See how he does when he doesn't have a convenient hole to throw chunks of flesh down.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Spider-Sperm!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ikasuhito posted:

a convenient hole to throw chunks of flesh down.

Also called a 'mouth'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is newspaper spiderman's semen radioactive?

Discuss.

• Locked thread