Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Ybrik posted:

That flavor text loving sucks
Edit: for the 9/9

Seriously. "It is taller than all the trees except for the ones that are taller than it" :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Idk, makes sense to me, it's taller and older than most everything around

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
If it was taller or older it'd be legendary!

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Fingers McLongDong posted:

If you buy it by the deadline, they'll have it for you when you get there. I've done it before without any problems. SCG has had pretty great customer service in my experience and grades their cards very well.

Did you find you had to get to the venue any significant amount of time earlier than usual? It says it starts at 10, which I take to understand means the player meeting is at 9, so I was thinking of just getting there between 8 or 8:30.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

If you buy it by the deadline, they'll have it for you when you get there. I've done it before without any problems. SCG has had pretty great customer service in my experience and grades their cards very well.

seconding this. SCG's service is great.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

InterrupterJones posted:

Did you find you had to get to the venue any significant amount of time earlier than usual? It says it starts at 10, which I take to understand means the player meeting is at 9, so I was thinking of just getting there between 8 or 8:30.

Yeah you'll be fine, you could even grab it after the player meeting but before round 1 if you wanted to. I always just got my stuff before the meeting started just in case I had to change my decklist but it's never been an issue, just go up to the counter like everyone else and tell whoever helps you that you need to pick an order up.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Yeah SCG and Channel Fireball are more expensive than TCG player mid because they make it worth it. They ship pretty fast, the cards are actually in the listed condition, and they fix fuckups with their orders fast.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

ThePeavstenator posted:

Yeah SCG and Channel Fireball are more expensive than TCG player mid because they make it worth it. They ship pretty fast, the cards are actually in the listed condition, and they fix fuckups with their orders fast.

To expand on this, I always buy a ton of poo poo when they have their MP sales because MP to them is what a lot of small shops call LP, plus they discount heavily for each decrease in grade. I'm in NC and almost always get my order within 2 business days of purchase. One time someone from SCG actually called me on the phone because I had moved and my billing address and mailing address were different and they wanted to make sure I had made the purchase and that the cards were going to the right place.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

To expand on this, I always buy a ton of poo poo when they have their MP sales because MP to them is what a lot of small shops call LP, plus they discount heavily for each decrease in grade. I'm in NC and almost always get my order within 2 business days of purchase. One time someone from SCG actually called me on the phone because I had moved and my billing address and mailing address were different and they wanted to make sure I had made the purchase and that the cards were going to the right place.

Channel fireball damaged is one of the best kept secrets around. They even have to offload them on tcgplayer a lot of the time.

I routinely load up the channel fireball store on tcgplayer and sort by damaged. I have bought 100's of damaged cards at this point. Not a single one was even close to unplayable.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Channel fireball damaged is one of the best kept secrets around. They even have to offload them on tcgplayer a lot of the time.

I routinely load up the channel fireball store on tcgplayer and sort by damaged.

That and I keep an eye on the CFB ebay page, they'll often put items up for auction instead of just BIN and you can get a great deal. The HP/damaged case SCG has at events is usually great too if you can find the good stuff before everyone else does, like creased sleeve playable bayous for $80.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Sickening posted:

I routinely load up the channel fireball store on tcgplayer and sort by damaged. I have bought 100's of damaged cards at this point. Not a single one was even close to unplayable.

Are CFB Damaged generally / always sleeve playable? I couldn't care less what it looks like if it's going to be playable..

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Full spoilers up
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/ixalan

Here's a fog card

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Tainen posted:

Here's a fog card

um...

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Walked posted:

Are CFB Damaged generally / always sleeve playable? I couldn't care less what it looks like if it's going to be playable..

Sleeve playable? In my experience its more like "how is this below mp?".

I bought a damaged torch of defiance for 12 backs months back. It showed up loving foil without the smallest bit of warping. I don't know what the hell is going on.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

AlternateNu posted:

Neither the new Chandra nor the new Enchantment get you lands. That's an important distinction.

Right but neither of those are legal.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Ah neat, Angrath is a minotaur planeswalker. First one, I think?

Sickening posted:

Sleeve playable? In my experience its more like "how is this below mp?".

I bought a damaged torch of defiance for 12 backs months back. It showed up loving foil without the smallest bit of warping. I don't know what the hell is going on.
This is good information. I've been buying their SP/MP stuff for years, it's usually not dinged at all.

Only real bad one was a Sword of War and Peace sold at SP that was pretty flatly MP, but given it was besides a Narset sold at MP that was minty I was like GAF.

edit: Lol how many people will misread Headstrong Brute on first pass

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The wonderful return of air elemental to standard.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm a bit weirded out by the lack of any WU card at any rarity.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Some Numbers posted:

What about BG because that's missing too.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Lone Goat posted:

What about BG because that's missing too.

Vraska, but also only one monogreen Mythic.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Some Numbers posted:

The overlaps are Grixis for pirates, Naya for sun empire, Simic for Merfolk and Orzhov for Vampires, with Vraska being Vraska.

So WU just happened to get left out. Kinda wondering if the draft archetypes won't favor WU too.

On that note, man explore is pretty costly. Either it's massively better than it looks at first blush (could be) or some of these were just printed to be unplayable. I thought at first explore/treasure would be way to ramp up to dinosaurs, but that 6 cmc vampire with explore just seems kinda pointless.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Some Numbers posted:

The only BG card is Vraska, because Vraska is literally Golgari.

Every other multicolor card is part of one of the four factions. Every UB, UR, BR, and UBR card is a pirate. Both UG cards are Merfolk and WB cards result in Vampires with Lifelink.

There's no WU card because there's no faction with WU in it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Some Numbers posted:

Side effect of the weirdness with the factions white and blue don't meet in any of them

as someone else said B/G would be in the same boat if not for vraska

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I hadn't seen the Grixis pirate yet but she's so loving cool even if I don't think she's very good

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Cool card. This, Commencement, Haze of Pollen are still there doesn't seem to be any kind of shell to build around.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

InterrupterJones posted:

The cutoff for ordering was Wednesday noon. I PM'd you since I'll be there tomorrow

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

80s James Hetfield posted:

Cool card. This, Commencement, Haze of Pollen are still there doesn't seem to be any kind of shell to build around.

its not a fog

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Costly Plunder sure seems good. Not much spicy goodness left unseen though, apparently.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TheKingofSprings posted:

I hadn't seen the Grixis pirate yet but she's so loving cool even if I don't think she's very good

If you missed the initial reveal of the card, the card artist modeled that character after his mom which owns.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

It's clearly a fog little munchkin

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
good lord the common removal is bad in this set

five mana for three damage :thumbsup:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

little munchkin posted:

Essence Drain has a proud and storied history of disappointing, you turdling.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

little munchkin posted:

Are you surprised? This limited format is intended to be explosive! And by that I mean, dyno-mite!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I mean the 3BB kill a dude make treasure and the 1RR kill spell both seem fine

this is the most disappointing faith's fetters though

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

little munchkin posted:

The uncommon and rare removal is bad also. It's a 4 mana O-Ring and a 4 mana Hero's Downfall. Somehow "kill guy at instant speed" is a full-on 4 mana effect now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I miss Doom Blade. :(

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
This set looks like a total home-run imo

The art, the flavor, the mechanics, the limited environment, the lack of constructed-staple mythics.... I'm loving it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

sit on my Facebook posted:

the lack of constructed-staple mythics.... I'm loving it.
I wouldn't wager too hard on the last one, but I am definitely pumped for this set.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
The pastel lands are beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Digging the idea of these commons with the 8 mana activated abilities so you have something to do with all these treasures that are piling up, but worried that they're not enough, especially in the pirate colours.