Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress yeah xur, don't have to chase merciless until d3 now. Fusions are sex.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The raid shader is fully sick. Turn all your things into Trump white/gold with some purple.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
it's cool that xur sells the things that i have

kiss the rings

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, we're all newbies, Xur sells stuff to help people new to the game to gear up.

Sells gear that the story missions give away for free.

:geno:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
On the subject of power weapons I am strangely digging the shotgun that fires slug rounds. It's probably not all that good but gently caress it feels good.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think whoever said the faction rally will be like iron banner was right. Rank up in a week for faction specific rewards.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

actionjackson posted:

Oh hello poom and fishbulb. we are immortalized in destiny history together

Check out what THIS happy customer had to say about poooM Enterprise's Trials carry service. The testimonial speaks for itself! Pm me for discounted group rates!

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
Wow, Xur is way better now. The legendary marks needed to buy exotics is also like 1/3 of what I was expecting. What else can I spend legendary marks on?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Other than infusing, nothing.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Would your shader change the color of exotics in Destiny 1? If I recall correctly they did not. It's cool they do this time around.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Blind Rasputin posted:

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more carried to use even go need to do trials more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to go the lighthouse for that?

Uh, what?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Would your shader change the color of exotics in Destiny 1? If I recall correctly they did not. It's cool they do this time around.

Nope!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

On the subject of power weapons I am strangely digging the shotgun that fires slug rounds. It's probably not all that good but gently caress it feels good.

Confirm, slug shotties are hilarious. They are good, don't worry

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Hawthorne's is way more satisfying

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Not really true. It was extremely hit or miss but there were a few that started out as a no and Bungie patched them to take shaders better.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
It sucks that you can only buy back exotic gear at 205 instead of what you originally get them at. I wanted to use my lefover shards to buy high level exotics I can't use and infuse them into legendaries I can to make the awful jump from 270 to 280 less awful.

The only 2 exotics rule fuckin sucks too. Cap it to 2 for PvP but let people go hog wild in PvE. It's not hurting anyone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Javes posted:

Other than infusing, nothing.

You can convert marks (at a really lovely conversion rate) into gunsmith faction by going to the farm and buying a billion Drangs. Or any of the other purchasable legendaries, like the mini tool or man o war.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Also I got a frumious cloak and really don't like it. It takes shaders terribly and makes me feel like I'm playing a default character or something.

Seriously though how did Bungie not learn re shaders? Hmm yes the main color is orange, so clearly the cloak will primarily be gray and there will be a tiny accent on the hood that is orange. Bitch I want a bright orange cloak.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The only 2 exotics rule fuckin sucks too. Cap it to 2 for PvP but let people go hog wild in PvE. It's not hurting anyone.

I think the 2-exotic rule is more to keep the game from breaking into a million pieces. It's a lot easier to code and balance everyone having one armor piece that breaks one rule, but if all of a sudden every person can stack 4 pieces of armor that break rules, you're bound to have some kind of contradictory interaction and freaks everything out.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Huxley posted:

I think the 2-exotic rule is more to keep the game from breaking into a million pieces. It's a lot easier to code and balance everyone having one armor piece that breaks one rule, but if all of a sudden every person can stack 4 pieces of armor that break rules, you're bound to have some kind of contradictory interaction and freaks everything out.

Also to not have everyone restricted to using exotics in every slot.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I do wish they allowed 3 exotics equipped honestly

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I aspire to special things that are special, exotic things that are exotic, and legendary things that only exist in legends.

Edit:
Edited to make my point clear by using less words.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 15, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Norns posted:

I do wish they allowed 3 exotics equipped honestly

They do, you can equip an exotic spaceship and sparrow!

Also it's a guarantee there will be exotic class items at some point. In D1 they had a special exception to the one exotic armor piece rule.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is trials even out yet? that was today, wasn't it?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

xzzy posted:

Also it's a guarantee there will be exotic class items at some point. In D1 they had a special exception to the one exotic armor piece rule.

Well poo poo i do have an exotic sparrow and ship do I guess that's 4!

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

xzzy posted:

don't forget the exotic emotes!!!

:negative:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

I aspire to special things that are special, exotic things that are exotic, and legendary things that only exist in legends.

Videogames make everything too balanced and commonplace, kill legends and socialize equality.

Sometimes the devs reconognize that and provide the means to "make your own leyend yourself". I have played games where the first person to find a exotic weapon would give his name to the weapon, and a public announcement serverwide would warn everyone about that. So this dude would be remembered forever.

Destiny is both a newborn and born from a the dead corpse of MMORPG games. The worst of them all is WoW. The worst game. The worst MMO. So trivial queueng in the snow in the CCCP for bread was probably better.

I don't hate Wow or most mmos. They can be fun. They are like grass for cows.

Can imagine a Vex Minotaur grazing on grass?! Makes lots of Vex Mik for us to drink, bones strong and good calcium, herded and processed on The Farm locally and organically. Pastoral life, playing soccer and raising Bronze cattle while they are angry and shoot at us with Torch Hammers when milking time comes.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

probably starts in about 90 minutes...

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Yes?

https://twitter.com/knowsworthy/status/905943740983808000/photo/1

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tei posted:

Edit:
Edited to make my point clear by using less words.

The poet is you, friend.

Please keep these words forever, they are good.

Tei posted:

Destiny is both a newborn and born from a the dead corpse of MMORPG games. The worst of them all is WoW. The worst game. The worst MMO. So trivial queueng in the snow in the CCCP for bread was probably better.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I'm curious to see the reward structure and light level curve, I doubt it'll be worth trying to go flawless at 270 but I'll play some casual matches if I won't get hosed by the light level stuff

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PathAsc posted:

The poet is you, friend.

Please keep these words forever, they are good.

Thanks!.

Elitism = Gatekeeping + Being proud of achievements

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Because 99 percent of the time you come off as a loving prick when you're acting like an elitist mmo douche

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

It sucks that you can only buy back exotic gear at 205 instead of what you originally get them at. I wanted to use my lefover shards to buy high level exotics I can't use and infuse them into legendaries I can to make the awful jump from 270 to 280 less awful.

Thus sayeth TERRIBLE SHITLORD

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Norns posted:

Because 99 percent of the time you come off as a loving prick when you're acting like an elitist mmo douche

Christ no, we already did this and got shut down. Let's not start again.

Glauncher chat: I've got a berenger and it seems fun enough, just need to get a better feel for it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Do we get female Xur for trials vendor?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tei posted:

Do se get female Xur for trials vendor?

Hentai waifu xur :anime:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005