Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Danica's going to get in the Hall of Fame for being a trailblazer and pioneer for women in racing!"

...who rode a wave of ESPN-induced hype she herself eventually bought into, creating an egotistical twat obsessed with her own brand, who made a career out of (to her credit) a tremendous mastery of how to work sponsors and the media, eventually garnering a sponsor who would back anything she wanted to do, won one race in her entire career on a fluke, transitioned to NASCAR and accomplished nothing with JRM dba Hendrick and SHR other than knock down a bunch of walls, and whose career in NASCAR ended, ironically enough, because she couldn't find a sponsor.

If anything, she made it harder for women to succeed in NASCAR because, if she really were a pathfinder, Johanna Long would have a ride but she wasn't hot enough or something and never got anything more than that #70 car in NXS. I literally can't name a female driver anywhere in the NASCAR ladder right now other than Kenzie Ruston.

Oh, and she'll be first-ballot because we're a country, culture, and world which worships celebrity while some guy who actually won races will get passed over.

Switch Danica for Dale Jr and you've got me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
She sucked

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

von Manstein posted:

Switch Danica for Dale Jr and you've got me

Dale Jr won cup races. Danica won zero.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Norns posted:

Danica won Coke Zero.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

big nipples big life posted:

With that reasoning we could put the turn 4 wall at Daytona into the HoF. It definitely put NASCAR in front of a lot of eyes.
:kiss:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Norns posted:

Is anyone else in the NASCAR hall of fame for engaging a demographic of fan and promoting the sport while simultaneously being garbage on track?

Wendell Scott

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
NASCAR should just end the season in August.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-9-9-2017.html

The ratings barely beat something called DragonBall Z (wtf is this?)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And people wonder why IndyCar is hesitant to go deeper into the fall.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

daslog posted:

NASCAR should just end the season in August.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-9-9-2017.html

The ratings barely beat something called DragonBall Z (wtf is this?)

Why did they make the fixed-gear rule?

To keep RMPs under 9000.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

VikingSkull posted:

Wendell Scott

Won a race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Two of them, in fact.

E- Tyler Reddick to JRM next year. He'll replace Byron and also run a 5th car whem the Cup guys come to play.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 14, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

so did Johnny Benson

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Johnny Benson was cool

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

so did Johnny Benson

Anyone who races wearing glasses is cool in my book*

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'll not have anyone besmirch the good name of Johnny Benson Jr. in this thread

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'll not have anyone besmirch the good name of Johnny Benson Jr. in this world

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Johnny Benson's career looked like it was finished and then he went down and kicked rear end for a couple years in the truck series and it was cool and good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He won the last good season of trucks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ARCA on FS1. Go 23 car with the Jesus hula doll.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He won the last good season of trucks.

I went to get the final points from Wikipedia for that year and nobody ever finished the article. :rip:

quote:

1 Johnny Benson, Jr. 3725
2 Ron Hornaday, Jr. 3718 -7
3 Todd Bodine 3621 -104
4 Erik Darnell 3412 -313
5 Matt Crafton 3392 -333
6 Mike Skinner 3363 -362
7 Rick Crawford 3315 -410
8 Dennis Setzer 3197 -528
9 Jack Sprague 3125 -600
10 Terry Cook 3072 -653

Look at that, that's a good-rear end Top 10 of guys who really didn't do much in higher levels but ran well in Trucks. Bill Davis closed his team after that season and Kyle Busch, in a rare cool move, tried to get funding to put Benson in a third KBM truck and it never happened.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeah, Bill Davis closing his team kind of started a big decline in the field quality the following year.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

ARCA on FS1. Go 23 car with the Jesus hula doll.

I went to get the final points from Wikipedia for that year and nobody ever finished the article. :rip:

Goddamn it, trucks used to be cool.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/908712735659167744

:aaaaa: :dogbutton: :vince: :thurman: :drat: :tviv: :perfect:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The get hosed Toyota mobile tech bay

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Maybe they can stop being loving cute and slamming the quarter panels into the walls during burnouts.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Tales of the Turtles 400. That's gotta be up there with that Spongebob-sponsored race.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

L_Harrison posted:

Tales of the Turtles 400. That's gotta be up there with that Spongebob-sponsored race.

Winner gets slimed though, so it's a wash.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

All race sponsors have to bow down to the Jeff Foxworthy Grit Chips xfinity one from a few years back

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
HELLUVA GOOD! Dips @ The Glen 200

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SpongeBob SquarePants The Movie 300

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

Crown Royal Presents the Jeff Kyle 400 at the Brickyard

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
TreatMyClot.com 300

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Sunoco Red Cross Pennsylvania 500

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
2014: MyAFibStory.com 400
2015: MyAFibRisk.com 400

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
And who can forget the Aaron's 499

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Gillette Fusion Pro Glide 500 presented by Target

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Xfinity started this season with the Powershares QQQ 300.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Lenox 301.

Aaron's 312.

Drive4COPD 300.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Daytona 500

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

The first truck race at Eldora was the CarCash Mudsummer Classic presented by CNBC Prime's The Profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That name ruled until MLB got mad.

Furniture Row sold the charter to the 77 to am undisclosed buyer.

• Locked thread