Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
OK I finally overcame my resistance to having a podcast called loving CUM TOWN on my phone and downloaded it. Have to say..... Pretty solid stuff. Really does remind me of the early uyd days. A lot rawer and more mean-spirited, which is jiving with the mood I've been in the last six months. Plus they still say retard so that's cool...... Might have to make this a companion piece to my weekly huh yeah dads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

This pops into my head every few weeks or so and I always have to try to remember where I heard it

I actually talked to Seth once about this. The guys said some dude yelled it out at the end of Minority Report but they weren't 100% sure if that was the movie. I was thinking maybe it was after AI, which we all know Spielberg completely screwed up

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
This morning I bought plane tickets and a hotel for the live show in Phoenix cause I figured that's the closest they'd come to me for a while. Was listening to the last show this afternoon and Jonathan announced a new show in Dallas, where I live. Oh well, double UYD. Their last show at the Texas theater was awesome and the first time I saw them live so I'm excited to see them again.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Biodome posted:

Their last show at the Texas theater was awesome and the first time I saw them live so I'm excited to see them again.

Same here! Super looking forward to seeing them again but I'm not looking forward to the 4 hour drive from Houston. I really hope they do a show here someday soon

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Haha Jonathan is so bad at this game

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
This is the worst loving episode I want to blow my brains out

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

this would work better as a patreon-only bonus, not episode 600

e: IMHO

Matey fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Sep 13, 2017

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yeah that was a strange choice for the ENTIRE episode, especially for 600. I got 20/25 though :D

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
Whoa this is the m&m color taste test x1000

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Call me crazy but I didn't find ep 600 hard to listen to at all? I dunno, maybe cuz I had it in the background as I was working. Also I'm even worse at the game than Jonathan, but at least I knew Billy Crudup

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

This episode is giving me schizophrenia. Hearing the same soundbites over and over does something to my brain and causes so much anxiety. I'm only 25 minutes in and I think I have to tap out. It's the whole episode???

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

H A T T A M posted:

This episode is giving me schizophrenia. Hearing the same soundbites over and over does something to my brain and causes so much anxiety. I'm only 25 minutes in and I think I have to tap out. It's the whole episode???

I quit 10 in, Jah getting angry and the repeating clips was very unchill.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

This was a very stressful episode

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I thought it was fun but was also listening at work and yeah, it would be better as a Patreon bonus with the repeated clips and dead air edited down, but that just wouldn't be UYD.

I honestly didn't do that much better than him, I got the gimmes he missed but didn't pull out some he eventually got like Bacon or Duchovny or Selleck.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I finished it just because I've listened to every episode. I got used to the pain it gave me, but there was one 15-second commercial that I swear he played 8 times in a row. I did really bad and got around 7

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I only got Kevin Hart. I'm familiar with less than half of the actors and comedians they mention on the show. They're just so naturally funny that it doesn't even matter.

It's all a ruse for Seth and Jah to double dip with Patreon and ad money.

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 14, 2017

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
I only got John Goodman.

But still, as bad is this episode was, it's pretty amazing that it's one of their only missteps in an 11 run.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

bollig posted:

This is the worst loving episode I want to blow my brains out

Same, I'm a third of the way through and now I'm seeing it's the whole episode? The same obnoxious commercials over and over are why I don't listen to the radio, I don't want it in my podcasts :/

I'll just add 600 next to 89 in the short list of episodes I don't relisten I guess.

Still excited for the live show in Brooklyn though! Is anyone else heading to that this weekend?

pooch516 fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 14, 2017

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

I listened to 89 again recently and it's not as bad as I remember it. I remember it as this huge fight but it was just a disagreement that Seth handled well and Jon was flustered. He DID say he'd never do the podcast again but it wasn't hard to listen through

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I gave up on 600 about 15 minutes in. With 600 episode they can't all be winners.

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
Somebody should leave an hours worth of commercial and TV show audio recordings on the voice mail....

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Wow, the episode art. Amazing tattoo.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

H A T T A M posted:

I listened to 89 again recently and it's not as bad as I remember it. I remember it as this huge fight but it was just a disagreement that Seth handled well and Jon was flustered. He DID say he'd never do the podcast again but it wasn't hard to listen through

Jon was right though.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

H A T T A M posted:

My favorite part of that episode is when John says everyone should watch Zeitgeist in the middle of the fight.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I quit 10 in, Jah getting angry and the repeating clips was very unchill.

ok I'm a little behind on these and I havent listened to it yet but this sounds kind of funny

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
601 more than makes up for it

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Blanketspace posted:

601 more than makes up for it

Good to hear. I appreciate them trying something new at least.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

H A T T A M posted:

This episode is giving me schizophrenia.

I'm only 25 minutes in

This. I quit after 26. The only episode I have ever given up on. It would be pretty funny if they did one or two but it ended up making me uncomfortable. Weird.

Still love the boys though!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Is Seth's phone so old that it doesn't have a switch to turn the ringer off?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Seth’s story about his default verizon wireless ringtone. Do do do do do.

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

I laughed when Jonathan said he didn't know Aaron Paul and talked poo poo about breaking bad cause I'm pretty sure Aaron Paul has said he listens to UYD

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That episode was so hilariously awkward and also Exhibit A for why they shouldn't stretch themselves to do two eps a week.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Wait when the gently caress did willem Defoe start doing yogurt commercials?

600 is good

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MrWilderheap posted:

I laughed when Jonathan said he didn't know Aaron Paul and talked poo poo about breaking bad cause I'm pretty sure Aaron Paul has said he listens to UYD

I kind of want to be annoyed by poo poo talking and refusing to watch Breaking Bad solely because people have told him it's good but it does seem like a pretty "Jonathan" reaction.

KMART THE MOVIE
Aug 9, 2017
I hope we can come up with a plan to clean up the floating trash gyre the size of Texas known as "midway island"

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
I love how into crows Jonathan is in 601.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
How do you add their new hosted archive into the podcast app on an iPhone? I am a patreon donator and can access them. I just cannot figure out how to get them to show.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

clopping and cumming posted:

How do you add their new hosted archive into the podcast app on an iPhone? I am a patreon donator and can access them. I just cannot figure out how to get them to show.

Open iTunes, go File > Subscribe to Podcast, and copy/paste the RSS feed from Patreon

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Binowru posted:

Open iTunes, go File > Subscribe to Podcast, and copy/paste the RSS feed from Patreon

Yeah or if you just click on an RSS link on the iphone browser it should open it in the podcast app and let you subscribe there, if you're using the default one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

H A T T A M posted:

Yeah I remember they said they made guantanamo bay prisoners listen to death metal wearing a blindfold in a stress position all day. I think listening to lovely american adverts that randomly get repeated 20 times over would make me give a false confession quicker.