Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

I have all these mid-level wide receivers. I just know one of them is going to go for 28 on my bench like Stefon Diggs did last week. Thoughts? .5 PPR

I'd play Diggs over Fitz on team 1. I think team 2 is OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You don't think the Pittsburgh defense and the Indianapolis defense will come into play on that?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

kiimo posted:

I have all these mid-level wide receivers. I just know one of them is going to go for 28 on my bench like Stefon Diggs did last week. Thoughts? .5 PPR

I'd leave all of this as-is.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

kiimo posted:

Berry is a safety. Alshon will be facing up against Marcus Peters. Berry's replacement Eric Murray is pretty good.

I'm not sure about playing Eagles receivers considering their coach was a Chiefs assistant. You may think it will give Doug Pederson an advantage but I think it actually gives Bob Sutton an advantage.

on that note which of the other two would you suggest? Or is Alshon still my best option?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Butter Hole posted:

Flex in .5 PPR:
John Brown @ IND
Tyrell Williams vs MIA
Tarik Cohen @ TB

WR in 0 PPR:
Dez Bryant @ DEN
Golden Tate @ NYG
Randall Cobb @ ATL

Anyone have input on this?

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
So question for my WR3 spot (1 PPR):

Kelvin Benjamin vs. Buffalo
Jamison Crowder @ LAR
Cooper Kupp vs. WAS
Marquis Lee vs TN

Crowder got more targets last week, but dat Buffalo Secondary.....

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheFace posted:

on that note which of the other two would you suggest? Or is Alshon still my best option?

I'm sorry I don't think my record of suggestions is very good, just providing some information to help on your decision.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I'm stumped on this one

Roethlisberger @ Vikings
Alex Smith @ Eagles

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alex Smith threw 15 touchdowns all last year.

Just saying.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Butter Hole posted:

Tarik, Dez.

But the Dez 0 ppr vs DEN situation gives me pause.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If I was going to start any Eagle against the Chiefs it would be Ertz. Berry shut down Gronk last week and I'm not sure anybody else can neutralize a hot tight end.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

If I was going to start any Eagle against the Chiefs it would be Ertz. Berry shut down Gronk last week and I'm not sure anybody else can neutralize a hot tight end.

The follow-up to this (for those not in the know, in a vacuum the take didn't make sense) is that Berry is out for the year.

I'm struggling with picking up (and using) JAX D/ST at home vs TEN or TB vs CHI.

What if JAX ends up being the yesteryear Chiefs D/ST that ran wild? Is TEN really that formidable from the offensive side? Demarco couldn't get poo poo going on the ground, at home vs OAK, whose defense isn't that great. Mariota is better than last year and has better weapons at his disposal, sure.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

kiimo posted:

Alex Smith threw 15 touchdowns all last year.

Just saying.

Yeah but WEEK ONE PERFORMANCE

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I will never stop jacking it if 33 year-old Alex Smith somehow transformed his career inexplicably and threw 4 touchdowns a game all year and then we trade him for a first round pick next season to Jacksonville.

But I think the chances of him going back to throwing for 200 yards, 1 TD and a poo poo ton of screens is way more likely.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

I will never stop jacking it if 33 year-old Alex Smith somehow transformed his career inexplicably and threw 4 touchdowns a game all year and then we trade him for a first round pick next season to Jacksonville.

If Alex Smith somehow pulled that off I think everyone around him is a horrible rear end in a top hat if they don't convince him to mic drop and retire at the end of it, especially if it meant a Chiefs superbowl win.

But that's about as likely as the Jets winning the superbowl this year...

phanter04
Apr 28, 2008
Flex(standard scoring):

Golladay @NYG
Blount @KC
Ingram vs NE
Watkins vs Wsh

Going with Watkins for now. I am open to switching depending on the argument.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Would you guys drop Tyler Eifert for either Jason Witten or Jesse James? Or just stick it out? The only player I could really consider dropping other than Eifert would be James White but I think that's a bad idea.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I spent for Jesse James.

He gets crazy separation for a tight end. I see good things coming.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Gorman Thomas posted:

I'd play Diggs over Fitz on team 1. I think team 2 is OK.

Fitz is going to get a billion targets against one of the worst defenses in the league. Diggs has gone from playing against one of the worst defenses to playing a very competent one. I'd stick with Fitz.

Am I crazy for wanting to start Maclin over Jeffery?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I would start Jefferey (7 targets last game, better team) over Maclin (4 targets, ravens probably run against the browns) but it's not a giant discrepancy. Go with your gut.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I would start Maclin over Jeffery. The Ravens had a grand total of 121 yards passing in that game and ran the ball 42 times. You don't get game scripts that one sided all that often. They took the air out of the ball early and never had to care. Maclin looked real good before that happened though. Easy 48-yard touchdown while being one of two guys to have multiple catches. The other was Woodhead so Maclin's target share against Cleveland is going to be real high and it's going to be easy for him to move the chains. I have no faith in Jeffery on the road against the KC secondary.

What sort of confidence do people have in Martavis Bryant this week? Still feel good about starting him?

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Frustrated posted:

Fitz is going to get a billion targets against one of the worst defenses in the league. Diggs has gone from playing against one of the worst defenses to playing a very competent one. I'd stick with Fitz.

Am I crazy for wanting to start Maclin over Jeffery?

I am super high on Maclin

1 PPR 6pt TDs

My RB are in shambles after loseing DJ and Woodhead.

Pick 2 for RB 1 and 2

Kerwynn Williams
Ameer Abdullah
Javorius Allen
Joe Mixon
Doug Martin

Kerwynn v Colts seem like the smart pick.

but Buck? or Abdullah?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Frustrated posted:

I am starting Fitz over Diggs on that team. I am starting Diggs in the other league so if he blows up I won't feel bad about it. I just thing Fitz is going to be Arizona's whole offense Sunday.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
In the spirit of the thread title, Riddick or Tyrell Williams for flex, 0.5 ppr? Williams has the higher ceiling while Riddick has the floor. Leaning Williams.

icehewk fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 15, 2017

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Butter Hole posted:

I'd keep them both the way they are (Cohen and Bryant).

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

pick 2 WR:

Golladay @ NYG
Sanders vs. DAL
Amendola @ NO
Hilton vs. ARI
Thielen @ PIT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pick 4 PPR

Julio Jones vs GB
Amari Cooper vs OAK
Kelvin Benjamin vs BUF
Tyreek Hill vs PHI
TY Hilton vs ARI (Now featuring the Brisket at starting QB!)
Sterling Shepard vs DET

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 15, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Pick 4 PPR

Julio Jones vs GB
Amari Cooper vs OAK
Kelvin Benjamin vs BUF
Tyreek Hill vs PHI
Sterling Shepard vs DET

Jones
Cooper
Reek

and umm. uhh. umm. Kelvin?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Pick 4 PPR

Julio Jones vs GB
Amari Cooper vs OAK
Kelvin Benjamin vs BUF
Tyreek Hill vs PHI
Sterling Shepard vs DET

Julio, Cooper, Benjamin, Hill

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Larry Fitzgerald @ Ind or Marqise Lee vs Ten? 14 team, 1ppr, with a whole bunch of nothing on the waiver wire.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

cool kids inc. posted:

Larry Fitzgerald @ Ind or Marqise Lee vs Ten? 14 team, 1ppr, with a whole bunch of nothing on the waiver wire.

Fitz

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ebron or Njoku for TE? I'm afraid I'll keep wanting to give Ebron a chance each week and be disappointed, but I'm not sure Njoku will be much of a safer bet.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
.5PPR

Pick 2:

Quizz Rodgers vs Chi
Desean vs Chi
Tarik Cohen vs Tampa

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Boosh! posted:

.5PPR

Pick 2:

Quizz Rodgers vs Chi
Desean vs Chi
Tarik Cohen vs Tampa

Tarik and Quizz. Tho a coin toss for DeSean or Quizz might work as well. I think TB will be able to run it a lot on CHI and they showed last season they had no problem feeding Quizz in Martin's absence.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Sound advice, thanks man!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Boosh! posted:

Sound advice, thanks man!

NP, keep in mind tho I'm one of the idiots who benched Hunt week 1 in favor of bad choices.

edit: so I'm mulling over my lineup in dynasty this week. and need some help with 1 maybe 2 flex choices.

PPR is a bit weird in this league, .5 for wr, .75 for rbs, 1pt for TEs. With that said, I'm debating playing two TEs this week, but I'm not sure who to bench if I do (leaning Dthom). I'm also interested in Tarik playing Tarik but not sure over who.

Full Roster:

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 15, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm debating between Fitz and Thielen in PPR because I'm worried that the Cards are going to be in clock kill mode at like halftime, whereas I feel like the Vikings will be in either a close game or playing catch-up, so will have to keep passing. Am I overthinking it?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm debating between Fitz and Thielen in PPR because I'm worried that the Cards are going to be in clock kill mode at like halftime, whereas I feel like the Vikings will be in either a close game or playing catch-up, so will have to keep passing. Am I overthinking it?

Fantasypros saying play Fitz 100% over Thielen. Not sure I agree completely, but it's pretty hard to pass up their matchup. Plus Bradford's knee is apparently in question.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bradford is hurt again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

Bradford is hurt again.

Any confirmation on if he's out? I can't find anything

If he's out, should I swap Kyle Rudolph with Jared Cook?

I'm pretty sure Dalvin Cook will continue getting worked even with Keenum at QB, but not so sure on Rudolph getting more or less play with the backup...

• Locked thread