Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Liquidation and Lunge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

these are coming from https://wooper-whimsy.tumblr.com

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

so what do you guys want for Move Tutors this gen?

Me I'd like wider distribution on Dragon Hammer, Fire Lash, Ice Hammer, Shadow Bone, and Shore Up.

Put them in every other Poke Center instead of only at the Elite 4 one.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

TFRazorsaw posted:

so what do you guys want for Move Tutors this gen?

Me I'd like wider distribution on Dragon Hammer, Fire Lash, Ice Hammer, Shadow Bone, and Shore Up.

Shell Smash for Kommo'o. The dream will never die. :colbert:

And maybe some other stuff to make the punch dragon not garbage too.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Give us back Soft-Boiled for Clefairy.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Every move that was ever available as a move tutor move should be available somewhere. Of course, I doubt that Game Freak even remembers them all, especially XD's move tutors.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'd like it if just about everything could learn Mimic again.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Zuzie posted:

Every move that was ever available as a move tutor move should be available somewhere. Of course, I doubt that Game Freak even remembers them all, especially XD's move tutors.

Yeah, it'd be nice if when I saw a cool pokemon setup on Smogon or somewhere, recreating it didn't require catching the pokemon in Ruby, then transferring it from there to Black 2 to Omega Ruby to Colloseum to SuMo.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HI HATERS

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Willsun posted:

Give us back Soft-Boiled for Clefairy.

Soft-boiled for everyone.

Who could ever hate her?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

is that giratina in the background

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

For real though Assembly is gonna be a oven so fire/steel rock or ground and hopefully not fire/ghost because we don't need Nazi ultra beast trying to make their better world

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

TeenageArchipelago posted:

For real though Assembly is gonna be a oven so fire/steel rock or ground and hopefully not fire/ghost because we don't need Nazi ultra beast trying to make their better world

You mean Fire/Poison?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

real talk though I'd appreciate a steel/poison type.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

steel/poison... folks, im talking about vaccines

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Ariong posted:

Yeah, it'd be nice if when I saw a cool pokemon setup on Smogon or somewhere, recreating it didn't require catching the pokemon in Ruby, then transferring it from there to Black 2 to Omega Ruby to Colloseum to SuMo.

What about moves that were event only? I want to use a Linoone but all the sets have Extreme Speed as its main move. Or Wish Chansey? A move that was only ever available as a New York Pokémon Center giveaway in 2004.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

oddium posted:

steel/poison... folks, im talking about vaccines

Clawtizm

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Zuzie posted:

What about moves that were event only? I want to use a Linoone but all the sets have Extreme Speed as its main move. Or Wish Chansey? A move that was only ever available as a New York Pokémon Center giveaway in 2004.

See also: Victini, who is entirely dependent on v-create and bolt strike, and it barely even ever gets V-create

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Ultima66 posted:

Phys/Special split was weird because a massive number of physical attackers in gen 3 relied on Shadow Ball for coverage, and several special attackers relied on elemental punches. Also don't forget things like Hidden Power Flying still not having a real replacement for many Pokemon like Aerodactyl, Gyarados, and Salamence. Mega Aero still uses a crappy base 60 power move, Gyarados uses Bounce which is pretty horrendous, and Salamence just never uses a Flying STAB ever.

Gyarados and Salamence use supersonic sky strike which is actually a cool way to get a moxie boost so you don't have to rely on your bad flying move any more. Not every type needs a 90 bp physical and special move that's boring

Waterfall of Salt posted:

See also: Victini, who is entirely dependent on v-create and bolt strike, and it barely even ever gets V-create

It's 2017 grandpa now we use Z-celebrate with stored power. Stay woke

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 15, 2017

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

is that giratina in the background

It's the ruins of Team Rocket's latest MechaMeowth.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Where is Z-Create game freak

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

really I'm just sad that Z-Teleport isn't anything special. I wanted to put teleport onto a Magmar or something in yellow and transfer it over, but it just isn't worth using your z move to get full health.

I could see myself using it if it just became a one-shot minimize or something, just not for the heal

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Eox posted:

Where is Z-Create game freak

Z moves cap at 200 power but if you use inferno overdrive with V-Create it's actually 220. So it's, uh, a pretty good alternative to holding a Charcoal.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Charcoal boosted V-create is already at 216 effective base power. The only real benefit is bypassing the stat drops on your first hit.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dizz posted:

Clawtizm

gross

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Cattail Prophet posted:

Charcoal boosted V-create is already at 216 effective base power. The only real benefit is bypassing the stat drops on your first hit.

:thejoke:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

those new ultra beasts are rad, looks like I'm going moon again

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I just want a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum that has it's HA rock head :(

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Parrotine posted:

I just want a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum that has it's HA rock head :(

I can get you one.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wish they'd implement Ultra Abilities, which are just hidden abilities: round 2. so many mons still have poo poo abilities even after HAs.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Countblanc posted:

i wish they'd implement Ultra Abilities, which are just hidden abilities: round 2. so many mons still have poo poo abilities even after HAs.

Slaking with Huge Power. :unsmigghh:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Silvally with Multitype

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i always thought Slaking should get Slow Start as a HA, but it'd actually be worse than Truant i think

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Ludicolo with Dancer

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Alolan Marowak with Parental Bond

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I was thinking earlier, what if Speed had the same 0.75x-1.25x modifier as attacks do? Assuming it's determined each round, how would competitive be shaken up?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eox posted:

I was thinking earlier, what if Speed had the same 0.75x-1.25x modifier as attacks do? Assuming it's determined each round, how would competitive be shaken up?

it'd be poo poo

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I was thinking earlier, what if Ice had far more resistances and far less weaknesses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
On that note, fuckin bring back reverse battles