Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Soothing Vapors posted:

he'll get his job back next time Bradford shatters into a million pieces, which will be in approximately 3 games

He survived last year despite playing behind a bunch of revolving doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

he'll get his job back next time Bradford shatters into a million pieces, which will be in approximately 3 games

Checks out.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Who on the Lions can even get to Bradford? Is Ziggy Ansah even alive at this point?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

GeneX posted:

The point is that everyone hates the Packers, the St. Louis Cardinals of football

You take that back you son of a bitch :mad:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

186 posted:

You take that back you son of a bitch :mad:

I meaaaaan the shoe might not be a perfect fit, but it's at most a half size off.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

WHOOPS posted:

Who on the Lions can even get to Bradford? Is Ziggy Ansah even alive at this point?

I'm as surprised as you are, but there's a chance that the defensive line might not be as bad as it was last year. A'Shawn Robinson especially is looking like a force on the line, and Anthony Zettel could potentially be this year's Kerry Hyder. Ansah's still being brought in slowly, but if he gets back to anywhere near his 2014/15 levels of performance, the Lions' defensive line could at least reach the levels of "Somewhat adequate"

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I'll believe when I see Bradford in a crumpled heap in 3 weeks :colbert:

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

WHOOPS posted:

I'll believe when I see Bradford in a crumpled heap in 3 weeks :colbert:

Isn't that new Watt going to kill him next week?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Once Bradford goes down and Mr Glass explodes is Case Keenum likely to start?

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
gently caress Case Keenum is the kinda thing to slowly kill the vikings hope so yeah he's totally gonna play this year.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/andrew_krammer/status/908090528683757569

:ohdear:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:laffo:

Who is made of more fragile glass: Bradford or RG3?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

like the sands in the hourglass

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oh no

It's infectious

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
But at least now the Vikings organization will be on fleek. Am I right?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

By the end of the season this kid might be the starting QB for the Vikings.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
"Vikings say 'Bye Felicia' to Millennials?"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Getting back to rivalries, as a Lions fan, I was apathetic about the Vikings until this article, now I want this bullshitting kid punched in the face repeatedly

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I can't even think of a situation that would cause Bradford's knee to get messed up. Like did he trip in the locker room or something

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GenericMartini posted:

I can't even think of a situation that would cause Bradford's knee to get messed up. Like did he trip in the locker room or something

He's Sam Bradford.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

A++ thread title

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh my god I love my new running back

https://www.gomn.com/sports/watch-after-1st-nfl-game-dalvin-cook-cooked-him-and-his-mom-some-food-at-a-popular-minneapolis-restaurant

quote:

After rushing for a team record 127 yards in his first career game on Monday night, Vikings running back Dalvin Cook went out for dinner only to realize the kitchen in the restaurant he was at was closed. Yoom Nguyen, who opened The Lotus Uptown in Minneapolis earlier this year, explained to GoMN what happened next.

"After the game Dalvin Cook came in with his family for some food at the Lotus Uptown. Kitchen was closed and the chefs all left for the night. I jokingly told him if he wanted some food, he's going to have to cook it himself."

So Cook did just that. He walked into the kitchen and made his mother and a few other family members Chicken and Shrimp Lo Mein

:allears:

article has some pictures and a short video of him cooking

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

That's amazing.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Hahaha that's great.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/theStevenRuiz/status/908414608809058306

Mike Daniels is incredibly good

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

This man knows what he's talking about.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

finally, something the entire NFC North can agree on

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/908736118119698432

sounds about right

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
"sam bradford should be fine unless he isn't"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How quickly do you think Kaepernick could learn our offense

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Norse Code posted:

This is exactly the type of Vikings poo poo that gets you excited about the season before finding new and creative ways of sending your hope spiraling into oblivion

right on schedule, albeit "Bradford getting hurt" is admittedly neither new nor creative

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

right on schedule, albeit "Bradford getting hurt" is admittedly neither new nor creative

I think preceeding it with "Bradford not getting hurt for an entire season and looking pretty good despite one of the worst o-lines in history" qualifies though

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Does Sam Bradford just have plywood for bones and chewing gum for tendons?

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

IcePhoenix posted:

How quickly do you think Kaepernick could learn our offense

If you have more than one receiver one the field at a time he will have trouble going through his reads for 14 games a year. On the other hand, his mobility is a real asset behind your subway turnstile offensive line.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Blotto Skorzany posted:

If you have more than one receiver one the field at a time he will have trouble going through his reads for 14 games a year. On the other hand, his mobility is a real asset behind your subway turnstile offensive line.

Two guaranteed wins against the Packers.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

A fun tidbit for people who won't shut up about "5-46!!!":

https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/822940644918362113

The WINZ argument is even worse in football than it is in baseball.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

tinstaach posted:

A fun tidbit for people who won't shut up about "5-46!!!":

https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/822940644918362113

The WINZ argument is even worse in football than it is in baseball.

Isn't 5-46 Stafford's record against winning teams in general, though? As opposed to this awkwardly specific form of comebacks?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WHOOPS posted:

Isn't 5-46 Stafford's record against winning teams in general, though? As opposed to this awkwardly specific form of comebacks?

Yeah, it's a pretty big jump from "good teams don't blow leads" to "good teams don't lose"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

186 posted:

Two guaranteed wins against the Packers.

Yep I like Kaep but please don't sign in the NFC north unless you plan to back up Aaron.

Actually, Ted should just offer him a vet min contract to ride the pine so he doesn't get picked up by MIN.

• Locked thread