Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvh32fQ8nNI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

"Nun with chainsaw clears trees post-Irma"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nun-with-chainsaw-hurricane-irma-aftermath-cleanup/

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Abortion Access in Missouri Is Getting Easier, Thanks to Planned Parenthood and Satanists

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

quote:

Three cheers for Missouri, the upside-down land where Christians perform the gruesome animal sacrifices and Satanists bring the religious freedom lawsuits.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

I always appreciate the devil's advocate approach that the Satanists use in these cases that freedom of religion also includes freedom from religion.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nice.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Intoluene posted:

I always appreciate the devil's advocate approach that the Satanists use in these cases that freedom of religion also includes freedom from religion.

I think you will find that the Satanic Temple is a 💯% serious legitimate religion and as such its members are entitled to the full and equal protection of the law.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

I think you will find that the Satanic Temple is a 💯% serious legitimate religion and as such its members are entitled to the full and equal protection of the law.

Of course, they're far more than a simple parody religion like the church of the flying spaghetti monster but typically, they're fighting against Christian ideals being forced upon people that don't want them.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Rough Lobster posted:

Jim Carrey is waiting for the day when he can dance free and wild in the smouldering ashes of our cities, after the stars align and the Great Old Ones return to reclaim this world.

That explains the anti-vax stance he had.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/908724707175911424

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

https://twitter.com/issyelliot/status/908734861212635138

shroomich
Apr 2, 2014

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2146821-meet-the-vampire-ant-from-hell-with-huge-jaws-and-a-metal-horn

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

:regd10:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you want to know what the Washington D.C experience is like these days under the Trump administration, any given day can look like this:

http://wtop.com/dc-transit/2017/09/juggalos-rallies-lots-traffic-headaches-weekend/

Juggalos, a pro Trump rally, an anti Trump rally, an airshow, and a Latino cultural festival.

God forbid you plan to drive your car and try to park somewhere in this insanity, just stay home.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

If you want to know what the Washington D.C experience is like these days under the Trump administration, any given day can look like this:

http://wtop.com/dc-transit/2017/09/juggalos-rallies-lots-traffic-headaches-weekend/

Juggalos, a pro Trump rally, an anti Trump rally, an airshow, and a Latino cultural festival.

God forbid you plan to drive your car and try to park somewhere in this insanity, just stay home.

I thought the pro Trump rally was cancelled? If they're actually doing it again the same time as all that poo poo I'm stoked as hell

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cartoon Man posted:

That's what the metro's for. :shrug:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's what the metro's for. :shrug:

No other public transit system in the world has a website dedicated to whether it's currently on fire.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Aesop Poprock posted:

I thought the pro Trump rally was cancelled? If they're actually doing it again the same time as all that poo poo I'm stoked as hell

I heard the same thing (about it being canceled). They saw that the Juggalos were coming and turned tail.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cartoon Man posted:

I doubt the pro-Trump rally, even if it's still happening, would be more than a handful of people. The last one they had in DC was like twenty participants and forty journalists.

Edited to add: you didn't mention the march to support people with hydrocephalus!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Syd Rapson is my MC name

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BrassEye was ahead of its time

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
seriously, if anyone hasn't seen Paedogeddon, watch it immediately: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol I never noticed Phil Collins realise he's been conned halfway through before but it's too late he's commited now and carries on

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not sure how to feel about bits of Paedogeddon any more. You get all this stuff about cover-ups of child sex abuse by powerful men or stuff like Rotherham etc. It's got lots of very funny lines ("Like many of his kind, North was required to leave school after passing exams and took a job delivering potatoes; a perfect cover for a serial robe-invader") but there's one or two bits that make me uncomfortable (the bit about the kid being launched into space with Sidney Cooke by accident because there's nothing really very funny about a child being left alone with Sidney Cooke). :shrug:

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Sep 16, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i don't know. "This is the one thing we didn't want to happen," always gets a chuckle out of me.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Roobanguy posted:

i don't know. "This is the one thing we didn't want to happen," always gets a chuckle out of me.

It's a fantastic punchline but I'm just not sure about the set-up. :shrug:

My favourite bit is "There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact."

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm not sure how to feel about bits of Paedogeddon any more. You get all this stuff about cover-ups of child sex abuse by powerful men or stuff like Rotherham etc. It's got lots of very funny lines ("Like many of his kind, North was required to leave school after passing exams and took a job delivering potatoes; a perfect cover for a serial robe-invader") but there's one or two bits that make me uncomfortable (the bit about the kid being launched into space with Sidney Cooke by accident because there's nothing really very funny about a child being left alone with Sidney Cooke). :shrug:

I agree that there are some parts that make you feel uncomfortable.

However, I think it is best to consider this some kind of humour performance piece: the real heart of this was the media frenzy that surrounded it, rather than the content itself.

You had people condemning it on public TV and unashamedly admitting that they hadn't actually seen it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

spog posted:

You had people condemning it on public TV and unashamedly admitting that they hadn't actually seen it.

I believe one of them was David Blunkett but I'm not sure why he felt the need to clarify.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Also this ridiculous juxtaposition of articles:

cnut
May 3, 2016

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I LOLed.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wanna know the rest of the story. :mad:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wanna know the rest of the story. :mad:

He's an interesting fellow, that's for sure. Dude was a WW2 combat Ace who's legs had been amputated because of hotdogging prior to the war's outbreak. He had regrettable political views, but did much for the handcapped and disabled after the war. He also had a reputation for extremely salty language.

When he was a POW in Germany:

quote:

Over the next few years, Bader made himself a thorn in the side of the Germans. He often practised what the RAF personnel called "goon-baiting". He considered it his duty to cause as much trouble to the enemy as possible, much of which included escape attempts. He made so many escape attempts that the Germans threatened to take away his legs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Bader

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Why didn't they just put him up against the wall and shoot him. Bizarrely humane coming from the Germans

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That's awesome. "Goon-baiting." I guess that's like saying "I don't like Steven Universe" in TVIV.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The Germans hoped to get a peace treaty with the US, the Soviet POWs got sent to the worst camps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The Soviets didn't get sent to camps, they got sent to pens. Like a barbwire cow pen. They got starved to death.