Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Linx posted:

The vex ones where they sacrifice themselves are pretty drat hard

Use a sword. Easy as pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I shot the giant Servitor for the entire duration of the public even at 295 Light and got him to 15% HP before time ran out.

Probably could've done it with a purpose-built loadout, though. I had a Shotgun in the power slot.

That one I find pretty simple, I have an exotic Sniper and I just hit it a bunch in the eye then switch to my Scathelocke. Always get him.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The Farm has a full soccer field, with auto-respawning ball and goals that signal & track the score (up to three) :dance:

Edit also: best PVP assault rifle is anything from Omolon (Uriel's Gift is good, but my favorite is Jiangshi AR4)

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 15, 2017

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Flashpoints are fun and I got 292 karnstein gauntlets from the resulting luminous engram

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The intro to this game is complete poo poo

Oh dude i don't disagree i just don't think it takes that long to get thru it and move on to the rest of it if you want an alt

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
trials are goddamn horseshit, the worst parts of crucible times a thousand, plus the map and the mode loving suck

it's the goddamn opposite of fun, gently caress all of that

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Get hosed nerds

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

ElNarez posted:

trials are goddamn horseshit, the worst parts of crucible times a thousand, plus the map and the mode loving suck

it's the goddamn opposite of fun, gently caress all of that

yeah this is how I generally feel about trials despite loving pvp, I'll still drag myself through it a few times to get da gunz then I'll go onto ignoring it

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Swords are fuckin' gross in pvp, any time i see someone who's good with them they usually end up with some insane efficiency score.

Do they not need power ammo or something? I swear some people are able to go the entire round using them, and seem to be using them right away even after they get killed.

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH
Anyone want to raid? PSN: BaxterFied . We need one more.

Edit: Right now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Loving Leader posted:

Anyone want to raid? PSN: BaxterFied . We need one more.

Edit: Right now.

do you mind if I cut out at in a couple hours to go to jackson's raid?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Swords are fuckin' gross in pvp, any time i see someone who's good with them they usually end up with some insane efficiency score.

Do they not need power ammo or something? I swear some people are able to go the entire round using them, and seem to be using them right away even after they get killed.

They need power ammo to work but it only consumes a single unit per swipe. In terms of ammo per kill they are very efficient.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
One of the swords also has a "Gain 1 Ammo on kill" perk, too!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

One of the swords also has a "Gain 1 Ammo on kill" perk, too!

The raid sword has both the "Damage increases on consecutive swipes" and "gain ammo" perks. It's disgusting.

Also: spent a few hours today on raid boss. Fuuuuuck. It's not that hard, mechanically speaking, but the extremely low margin for error is really getting to me. Literally one mistake is a wipe, guaranteed, and once you've done the adds/DPS circuit twice it gets extremely irritating to mess up ONE TIME and have to restart. Plus, you get the all-too-eventual stupid death from the physics being weird, or something going wrong that you can't exactly control.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

strangemusic posted:

The raid sword has both the "Damage increases on consecutive swipes" and "gain ammo" perks. It's disgusting.

Also: spent a few hours today on raid boss. Fuuuuuck. It's not that hard, mechanically speaking, but the extremely low margin for error is really getting to me. Literally one mistake is a wipe, guaranteed, and once you've done the adds/DPS circuit twice it gets extremely irritating to mess up ONE TIME and have to restart. Plus, you get the all-too-eventual stupid death from the physics being weird, or something going wrong that you can't exactly control.

The true destiny experience

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Coldforge posted:

The Farm has a full soccer field, with auto-respawning ball and goals that signal & track the score (up to three) :dance:

I can't get anyone to play against me. Last night I was kicking the ball around and someone finally came over, the first time he kicks the ball he gets it wedged against the tractor and fence next to the field and it took me a couple minutes to get it out and by that time he had left.

Also pro-tip, if you jump and land on the edge of the ball you can shoot it on a line instead of a big slow arch shot.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

strangemusic posted:

. It's not that hard, mechanically speaking, but the extremely low margin for error is really getting to me. Literally one mistake is a wipe, guaranteed, and once you've done the adds/DPS circuit twice it gets extremely irritating to mess up ONE TIME and have to restart.

To be honest that seems like it applies to every encounter of this raid except for Baths maybe.

It's really a "The team is as experienced as the weakest member" raid. 6 people doing it on repeat can probably bang it out in 90 minutes. 5 pros and 1 newbie? Four, five hours, easy.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Someone was saying that a cool way to do Calus is only send two guys out of the shadow realm and get your skulls sky high. One team one-phased him in four plates. It also means the shadow realm crew gets the easiest version to maximize room for error. I definitely want to try that with my group.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Emron posted:

Someone was saying that a cool way to do Calus is only send two guys out of the shadow realm and get your skulls sky high. One team one-phased him in four plates. It also means the shadow realm crew gets the easiest version to maximize room for error. I definitely want to try that with my group.

Oh wow this is a dope idea if the team has good enough base DPS.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The raid bath ritual is driving me batshit. This is just loving unfun.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Just wait for the Pleasure Gardens!

Best way to make Baths work out better is just... have a good shotgun and be 285+ for extra beefiness, really.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Ugh. I suck. Anyone wanna help me with the Relics of the Golden Age quest? Or just wanna do strikes and stuff with someone who can barely hold their own in this game. PSN tensai7

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Good news, the emblem you get for doing it on challenge mode is called "Splish Splash".

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I want to raid tonight so bad, but I'm not sure my light is ready. Gonna get some more.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Good news, the emblem you get for doing it on challenge mode is called "Splish Splash".

Challenge: Everyone has to hit every pad in a cycle, no 3 to a side sissy poo poo.

I'm ready.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Took it into Quickplay. Got a few difficult kills, switched back to Vigilance Wing for easy breezy 3 bursts. It feels solid in pve, and maybe I need to give it more time in pvp to get a better grip on it, but I don't think this is a meta maker. Slow fart.

xzzy posted:

I updated my weapon browsing tool for Destiny 2 today:

https://xzzy.org/projects/weapontoy/

It's a revision one, all the cool color highlighting I used to have isn't working because I had to do all that manually and haven't done it yet for destiny 2 stats.

The gun list seems small, but by eyeballing the database, about a third of the manifest is still "classified" so there's probably a lot more Bungie will trickle out to us over time.

Rules.

Also, my FWC The Number auto is Classified so I think at least some of that may be Faction weapons we may get during the "Rally."

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 16, 2017

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I can't stop playing this game. It's great and will be even better on pc soon.

My biggest complaint though is that the story is total non-sense garbo. And it stands out a lot more given how great the world building is in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it is this way co's some big dick management had a genius idea over happy hour and no one had the balls to raise their hands and point that it makes zero sense. That or they have no one with a big picture view of the project with any clue.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

tensai posted:

Ugh. I suck. Anyone wanna help me with the Relics of the Golden Age quest? Or just wanna do strikes and stuff with someone who can barely hold their own in this game. PSN tensai7

The last step of that is rough to solo, no doubt. If you didn't realize it's literally just sending you into the Nessus strike. I soloed it earlier today at 275, it's possible if you go carefully. It's also worth noting that you complete the quest in the room before the final boss of the strike, but the only indication is on the quest item in your kinetic weapon inventory, you don't get booted or anything.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Lol Merciless is hilarious

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why cant this be out on pc

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

eonwe posted:

why cant this be out on pc

a question asked by everyone who bought an xim4, shortly before they shrugged and bought an xim4

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Actually xims are backordered right now.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Mithross posted:

The last step of that is rough to solo, no doubt. If you didn't realize it's literally just sending you into the Nessus strike. I soloed it earlier today at 275, it's possible if you go carefully. It's also worth noting that you complete the quest in the room before the final boss of the strike, but the only indication is on the quest item in your kinetic weapon inventory, you don't get booted or anything.

I learned this the hard way and fought the strike boss solo for 2 hours until eventually beating it as Stormcaller with Arc Soul. Partway through I asked bone crew if I needed to beat the strike to get Strum, they said no and I proceeded to contiune soloing the strike boss just to see if I could.
Lessons learned: Never solo a strike boss, dont do the aformentioned boss by using the legendary gun thats tied to Strum.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Lol Merciless is hilarious

Cool, I get to play with mine after work. And also with merciless.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Pigbottom posted:

I can't stop playing this game. It's great and will be even better on pc soon.

My biggest complaint though is that the story is total non-sense garbo. And it stands out a lot more given how great the world building is in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it is this way co's some big dick management had a genius idea over happy hour and no one had the balls to raise their hands and point that it makes zero sense. That or they have no one with a big picture view of the project with any clue.

perhaps you should proceed to the explanation part of why you think the story is nonsense garbo for the rest of the class

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

perhaps you should proceed to the explanation part of why you think the story is nonsense garbo for the rest of the class

"Hey I got my light back. So did all my boys. Oh, you're not interested in how this happened in the least? Okay, what should I shoot?"

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Datalettuce is the best planet resource because it is super glowy

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm not sure Trials is Fun but this was exceedingly Funny

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/36501101

Sunbracers are insanely good for Countdown lmao

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Can someone post what warlocks look like late game? I liked how they looked on D1 but for some reason they seem way less cool this game. Like skinnier and shorter. Titans always look cool but I prefer warlocks abilities in general. Can everyone post how cool their warlocks look at high levels. Thanks, love gowby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm not sure Trials is Fun but this was exceedingly Funny

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/36501101

Sunbracers are insanely good for Countdown lmao

this is really therapeutic, thanks