Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Seven Seas, please leave some manga for everyone else. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They also got the Umaru manga, is that as good as the show?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Guy Goodbody posted:

They also got the Umaru manga, is that as good as the show?

Yes, as in it's just as bad as the show :grin:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the umaru anime is ok but it is middling tier dogakobo

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I don't know what this is but it looks really cute

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

VostokProgram posted:

I don't know what this is but it looks really cute

https://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ganbare-nakamura-kun-r16988

Give the first volume a spin.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Osomatsu-san PV! I'm not even sure there's any new footage, but all the cast is there and i'm excited anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M06J7P1yCHI

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Sagrada Reset ended this week at 24 episodes, and while I pretty much dozed through the first 9 out of a sense of duty since I like the author's current LN series, the show really turned it around with ep 10, and I think it's managed to keep my interest well enough all the way through to finish up as my favourite anime to have aired this season. It's still arguably a show about talking robots, but once it clicks I think it becomes pretty wonderful. Not that I expect anyone to suffer through an entire cour of a series for the vague chance of possibly liking it eventually. At least it deserves my public praise!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a kitten posted:

Osomatsu-san PV! I'm not even sure there's any new footage, but all the cast is there and i'm excited anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M06J7P1yCHI
All the lovely siblings are accounted for. I'm game!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
By the way, since I stopped following the Classroom of the Elite after episode 6, did the show stopped being a huge bore?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wark Say posted:

By the way, since I stopped following the Classroom of the Elite after episode 6, did the show stopped being a huge bore?

Not really. Something is happening at the moment but it's still mental yet boring.

I'm still watching it though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Do we have a Fall Anime thread? I'm probably forgetting half of the things airing next month.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the only thing airing next season is Umaru season 2

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

the only thing airing next season is Umaru season 2

hosed up that there is nothing airing next season.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only show airing next season is idolm@ster side m

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Not really. Something is happening at the moment but it's still mental yet boring.

I'm still watching it though.
That's a goddamn shame: The show ticked a lot of my boxes early on (class struggles and cliquey dynamics a-la BakaTest but with a serious bent and this air similar to Oregairu with people not being what they seemed), but between what happened in episode 6 followed by the "-- HEY LOOK IT'S A BEACH EPISODE!" Episode 7 preview, I felt like stopping was the sanest path.

Also, didn't Dagashi Kashi get a 2nd Season confirmed for Fall? Or was that 2018?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
on that note, i'm slightly curious how this season of bbb will turn out cause while s1 was directed by someone with an incredible, distinct artistic voice, this season is going to be directed by the director of dagashi kashi, who afaik hasn't done any real stand-out stuff.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

on that note, i'm slightly curious how this season of bbb will turn out cause while s1 was directed by someone with an incredible, distinct artistic voice, this season is going to be directed by the director of dagashi kashi, who afaik hasn't done any real stand-out stuff.
Season 1 was loving aces (the ending was less so, but aside from that, it was like Durarara!! but radder). Please be good. :ohdear:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
As long as it keeps the style and tone of the source material it should be OK. Being passable but dull would be the worst though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think i liked the ending of bbb more than most people but that's probably just because i didn't have to wait half a year to watch it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm glad Re:Creators apparently ended on them making a movie about Not!Madoka and Not!Saber picking flowers together and being girlfriends

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
too bad about the rest of the show

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Do we have a Fall Anime thread? I'm probably forgetting half of the things airing next month.

Julias posted:

Also as a heads up, I'm gonna start putting together a thread for the Fall Season, but it probably won't go up until next weekend.
:siren:Suggestions for thread titles would be appreciated!:siren:

Here's the lineup for next Season in case you need a reference: http://anichart.net/Fall-2017

Reminder that we need more suggestions for thread titles. I'll probably get this posted tomorrow night or shortly thereafter.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
For a show that was all about people writing stories and getting the audience to accept them, it is sad that the best episode of Re:Creators was the recap episode because it broke the fourth wall trash talking the main plot, character designs and production schedule.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Fall Season 2017: Boys, Bikers, Ballrooms & Beyond

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 16, 2017

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Fall Season 2017: Idol Wars: The Boys Awaken

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Indiana_Krom posted:

For a show that was all about people writing stories and getting the audience to accept them, it is sad that the best episode of Re:Creators was the recap episode because it broke the fourth wall trash talking the main plot, character designs and production schedule.

There's something uniquely sad/funny about a badly-written show about the writing process.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Julias posted:

Reminder that we need more suggestions for thread titles. I'll probably get this posted tomorrow night or shortly thereafter.

Fall 2017: Summer 2017 saved anime by killing it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

Fall 2017: Wow~ it's loving Nothing! :v:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Fall 2017: Violet Evergarden is next season

Well hopefully Ancient Magus' Bride is great, and I'll still have Mahoujin guruguru so it can't be that bad.

I also have irrational hopes for Netojuu no Susume.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 17, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fangz posted:

Fall 2017: Violet Evergarden is next season

Not legally it ain't...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Fall Season 2017: Rubbernecking with the boys

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Not legally it ain't...
I feel that Netflix (or at least outside Japan) needs to get their head out of their asses and get cracking with simulcasting already.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Fall 2017: Rock Me Osomatsu Osomatsu Osomatsu

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Add three more Matsu to that

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fall 2017: Oh, so matsu

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVd6D5bVbNY

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

chumbler posted:

This is good too

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

use this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I feel that Netflix (or at least outside Japan) needs to get their head out of their asses and get cracking with simulcasting already.

actually they don't, because it's a complete change to their production pipeline that would only serve a niche audience

• Locked thread