Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kelp Plankton posted:

Where's the universe with both eye patches Morty

He's the most evil

He's not evil.

He just can't see good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Meeseeks has had a second appearance, and it was perfect and all we needed.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Meeseeks has had a second appearance, and it was perfect and all we needed.

He was in the background at Blipz 'n Chitz, right? Agreed that it's a perfect callback, and any more than that would be running the gag into the ground. I like to think he was helping some kids win a video game.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
He was. He poofs after the alien he is standing to starts to celebrate, most likely from beating whatever game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
While they definitely shouldn't bring back classic characters like Meseeks all the time, they should definitely something along the lines of Interdimensional Cable every season. It's just fun to step out of the normal universe and see what Justin and Dan come up with.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What would actually stop someone from creating a massive army of meeseeks and telling them their one goal was to, say, topple a government or something? They'd go after that goal with the ferocity of someone who only wants to die. I imagine if they ever came back, it'd be some crazy over-the-top, take it too far and then take it further than that kind of revisiting. But I don't think it'll happen and I really hope it doesn't. I think they're smarter than that.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

ElCondemn posted:

Isn't it crazy that fat Morty grew up to be this guy?

He grew up, thinned-out, and got to go on dimension-hopping adventures. Things certainly took a turn for the better for Left-handed Morty.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

What would actually stop someone from creating a massive army of meeseeks and telling them their one goal was to, say, topple a government or something? They'd go after that goal with the ferocity of someone who only wants to die. I imagine if they ever came back, it'd be some crazy over-the-top, take it too far and then take it further than that kind of revisiting. But I don't think it'll happen and I really hope it doesn't. I think they're smarter than that.

The lone meeseeks warrior tasked with stopping them at all costs... coming this december.....

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Meeseeks with contradictory tasks... eventually we are just rewriting bits from I, Robot without the 3 laws. But that's ok, meeseeks owns

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Mr Meseeks, fold yourself twelve times.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

logger posted:

He grew up, thinned-out, and got to go on dimension-hopping adventures. Things certainly took a turn for the better for Left-handed Morty.

Shut up, Wesley.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
One thing's for certain, you don't need to worry about Cowboy Morty telling! This little cowpoke's gonna mosey up on out of here!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

One thing's for certain, you don't need to worry about Cowboy Morty telling! This little cowpoke's gonna mosey up on out of here!

Man, Cowboy Morty has fallen on hard times since season 1.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Man, Cowboy Morty has fallen on hard times since season 1.

THESE ARE JUST PROPS!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

World Famous W posted:

He was. He poofs after the alien he is standing to starts to celebrate, most likely from beating whatever game.

I've seen that episode so many times, but somehow never caught him leaving existence. That's actually really cute :3:

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

While they definitely shouldn't bring back classic characters like Meseeks all the time, they should definitely something along the lines of Interdimensional Cable every season. It's just fun to step out of the normal universe and see what Justin and Dan come up with.

Good news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ARGjhv3UCE

TheDon01 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 15, 2017

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Am I the only person that is surprised that the citadel police would even have sensitivity training?

Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

alpha_destroy posted:

Am I the only person that is surprised that the citadel police would even have sensitivity training?

Pretty sure all the inconsistencies with previous appearances of the Citadel were purely in service of the narrative they were going for in this one.It basically doesn't line up at all.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Vindicator posted:

Pretty sure all the inconsistencies with previous appearances of the Citadel were purely in service of the narrative they were going for in this one.It basically doesn't line up at all.

I mean, it lines up pretty well with Rick's disdain for the Citadel. Before it was possible to take Rick's criticisms of the Citadel as primarily malignant egotism, but now they make more sense taken closer to face value. Collecting large numbers of Ricks really does make them into authoritarian drones.

Also worth noting that they explicitly state that the Citadel is changing a lot since Rick blew up the original one; it's likely that the leader Ricks that got killed were some of the ones most like himself.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!
The whole "I'm the most Rick" thing makes for some neat commentary on American individualism.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

The whole "I'm the most Rick" thing makes for some neat commentary on American individualism.

I think the most rick depends on how you define a Rick. Every Rick that does something different declares he is the most Rick. That might be true if you define Rick as being a rebel who does whatever he wants. If you define a Rick as a weighted average of all Ricks, then that Rick would be the least Rick.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

He's not the mean Rick.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Remember that it's sensitivity towards Mortys and not towards people in general. I could see Rick having a twinge of conscience for his grandson at least to the extent of saying "FINE, I'll tell the policericks to be a little nicer to Mortys, now stop bothering me" and singing off on Activist Morty's legislation.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

alpha_destroy posted:

Letting Mortys vote was the first step in the Jerryfication of the Citadel, if you know what I mean.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mantis42 posted:

Letting Mortys vote was the first step in the Jerryfication of the Citadel, if you know what I mean.

jerrymandering is a serious issue

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Read it who it was that said that evil Morty was more like a Hitler figure than a trump figure but it is specially Works in this example because they seem to be adopting democracy without anyone really embracing it just like the Weimar Republic.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

jerrymandering is a serious issue

:cripes:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

alpha_destroy posted:

The whole thing is probably done in a very sarcastic way, but Good Cop Rick took it seriously because he's one of the few Rick's who cares about that kind of thing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So how likely is it that Evil Morty was C-137's original "cocky" Morty?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Evil Morty being the main Rick's original Morty is too bland and predictable and honestly doesn't take any of the characters somewhere interesting by being revealed. Morty ditched a whole universe before and he's met tons of other Ricks and Mortys so why would it bother him any

It's an obvious twist but it's not an interesting one. I don't think they'll go that route

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Crabtree posted:

So how likely is it that Evil Morty was C-137's original "cocky" Morty?

0%. If Evil Morty was C-137's original Morty, one of them would have acknowledged it.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

empty whippet box posted:

I don't understand.

From forever ago but the gist is that "infinity" isn't an actual number and if you mentally replaced it with "a really big number" or "a lot of numbers" then it makes more sense. The thing with the red/blue balls is that between every integer (e.g. 1 and 2) there must exist an infinite amount of real numbers. Basically there exists a 1.00000....1 all the way to 1.999...9. But the amount of numbers that exist are infinite.

So, we say that there are an infinite amount of integers, so many that we can't count. Yet, between 1 and 2 exists an infinite amount of numbers, and between 2 and 3 the same and so on. There are "more" infinite real numbers than there are infinite numbers.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
My prediction for the "Rickchurian Mortydate": Evil Morty gets his mind-control technology on Rick. :barf:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
im jerry

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I know this isn't the Harmon thread, but I just watched the first episode of Harmonquest season 2 and Gillian Jacobs is hilariously awful. The show is pretty good, even when it's terrible.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Man, this show just keeps getting darker, while the quality of the writing remains consistent. Love it!
Like, I'm a twisted mother fucker, but I don't think I could have ever thought up the Simple Rick cookie flavoring bit.

It was instantly one of my favorite shows of all time, and it just keeps moving up the list. Not at the top, yet, but I could see that happening.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

starkebn posted:

I know this isn't the Harmon thread, but I just watched the first episode of Harmonquest season 2 and Gillian Jacobs is hilariously awful. The show is pretty good, even when it's terrible.

Once she doubled down and became the Aspergers goblin she was fantastic. I mean they even devoted a slideshow to Chip at the end.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

CaveGrinch posted:

Once she doubled down and became the Aspergers goblin she was fantastic. I mean they even devoted a slideshow to Chip at the end.

yeah, it worked - I'm not convinced shes was playing it up very far though

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Just saw a clip that looks like the creators did the full "suck my dick you fuckman" scene, as was previously done by a goon. Is this legit? I haven't seen any of season 3 yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Just saw a clip that looks like the creators did the full "suck my dick you fuckman" scene, as was previously done by a goon. Is this legit? I haven't seen any of season 3 yet.

It was released before season 3 even came out. It's a standalone and I think the art (but not the voices) is fanmade?