Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

40 Proof Listerine posted:

If you're in a party, and parties will love you because you're a Slayer, folks are slinging around curses anyways, so rather than competing against folks I just run Arctic Armor and Determination, and it works out pretty well. If you got thrifty with mana reservation you could probably fit in Grace/Determination, but Arctic Armor plays nice with Cyclone.

I hate Slayer cull because it makes headhunter buffs harder to stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Devor posted:

Does anyone have a pet build for easy Uber Lab runs? I put together a budget one early on using the Blood Magic w/ Attacks Axe but it didn't feel very good.

Now that I have some cash to work with, I'd like to put together something else powerful that doesn't use VP.

I assume Regen Juggernaut would be a strong base to start from.

Also, relatedly:

Is there a way to transfer enchantments among two items? I swear I read that in a patch, but I'm not seeing it . I never really messed around with farming enchantments before.

I guess the preferred way is to do the enchants on a random white helmet, and let other folks craft it up as needed?

Depends on how much currency you have to invest in it, and how fast you want to go. This guide has a cheaper earthquake starting version at the bottom, that can be respeced into a dual wield cleave version once you have enough currency to buy a decent axe and soul taker for it. The dual wield cleave jugg build is still pretty cheap, and really safe to do lab. About all you have to be careful of are days when izaro has a lot of elemental damage buffs, otherwise you just leap slam through and face tank everything.

If you want to go faster and spend more to do it, then you do blade vortex pathfinder with queen of the forest and poo poo loads of evasion so you can get like 500%+ movespeed. Check the profile of the guy who wrote the guide I linked above and look at his norse_kb character for an example of this type of build. He hasn't written a guide for that one yet as far as I know, but I'm sure there is one out there somewhere on the forums.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
How viable is that qotf blade vortex build for a league starter?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

*complains about prophecies*

*gets strongbox prophecy*

:stare:

Lady, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
If you're wearing cold volkuurs gloves, will cold res pierce increase your poison (by making the initial hit bigger?)

e: another question i have is, the gloves say "cold damage can poison," does that mean i have to find a separate source of poison for chaos damage?

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 16, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

How viable is that qotf blade vortex build for a league starter?

This one?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930275

I'm playing almost this guy's exact build and it's fun and strong but not something I'd recommend as a league starter, the entire passive tree is focused on maximizing movespeed and makes up for the lack of damage and survivability with a small handful of very strong rares.

QOTF + Blade Vortex is a strong combo, BV makes sustain a joke with leech + VP and you can definitely make a league starter out of it, but if you're referring to this specific build I'd look for a more general build with different passives and different gear.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Any chance I could get an invite to the guild?

IGN: ChairyPeeWee

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

My sr-rf dude just found a sceptre with:

+ 30% elemental damage base
+ 25% fire damage
+ 25% spell damage
+ 25% burning damage
+ 40 mana
+ 40 cold damage to spells

and my Catarina table let me add another 39% spell damage for some reason :confuoot:

Worth trying to roll higher damage mods?

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 16, 2017

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
Welp, I finally found a Tukohama's. Not sure if I want to make a dedicated, good Facebreaker guy with it or if I just want to shuffle it off for exalts.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

and my Catarina table let me add another 39% spell damage for some reason :confuoot:
the spell dmg roll must be a combo spell dmg/mana prefix

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Uber Lab gave me this

Perfect stats don't exist outside 5 link+ and this one is corrupted because me lab wanted it that way. It has to have some value right?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what are the links

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Awesome! posted:

what are the links

R-R-G-R

that was pretty important all things considered.

which the 4 link is what kind of makes it an oh god.

I mean someone has to want it, it has to be salvageable right?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

it has no value then

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

deep dish peat moss posted:

This one?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930275

I'm playing almost this guy's exact build and it's fun and strong but not something I'd recommend as a league starter, the entire passive tree is focused on maximizing movespeed and makes up for the lack of damage and survivability with a small handful of very strong rares.

QOTF + Blade Vortex is a strong combo, BV makes sustain a joke with leech + VP and you can definitely make a league starter out of it, but if you're referring to this specific build I'd look for a more general build with different passives and different gear.

FWIW I ran BV pathfinder just going for MoM and a decent life pool, worked very well and got me through all of the end game content just through the virtues of level 20 gems, VP, and not being oneshot by things. Perfectly suitable for a starter build, if you are comfortable with how BV feels before you hit maps.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pixaal posted:

R-R-G-R

that was pretty important all things considered.

which the 4 link is what kind of makes it an oh god.

I mean someone has to want it, it has to be salvageable right?

What could you possibly link with spell echo on R-R-G-R thats good

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

What could you possibly link with spell echo on R-R-G-R thats good

detonate dead is literally your only option

edit: oh blade vortex too

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Blade Vortex - Added Fire - Fire Pen - Iron Will? :shrug:

Getting Vorici to roll at least one blue socket wouldn't be that expensive

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Finding a Kaom's heart in a uberlab silver chest has me reconsidering not skipping the silver chests on the main path.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Finding a Kaom's heart in a uberlab silver chest has me reconsidering not skipping the silver chests on the main path.

always get silver keys/chests unless you really have to go out of your way. the annex areas where the silver doors usually are if they're off the main path take like an extra minute

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

on the other hand, my countless poo poo item and armor scrap boxes have me seriously considering skipping them

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

Blade Vortex - Added Fire - Fire Pen - Iron Will? :shrug:

Getting Vorici to roll at least one blue socket wouldn't be that expensive

I thought Vorici cant modify corrupted items

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
level 8 can, it needs as many vaals as it does other currency

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
What he said. Finding someone with a level 8 Vorici will be the hard part. Coughing up 4 Chromes + 4 Vaals for at least 1 blue socket (most likely 2 because it's Str/Int item) is the easy part.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

If you're wearing cold volkuurs gloves, will cold res pierce increase your poison (by making the initial hit bigger?)

e: another question i have is, the gloves say "cold damage can poison," does that mean i have to find a separate source of poison for chaos damage?

Penetration does not increase the initial hit's damage, it decreases the reduction. Poison and ignite base their damage on the hit before resistances are taken into account. Also, no, physical and chaos can still poison when using those gloves, but it's also half duration just like poison from the elemental damage. If your build does physical and chaos it might actually be worse for you to use the gloves. You'd have to either have no chance to poison outside the gloves or have more than twice as much damage of that element as you do poison or chaos, or some sort of combination of those two factors.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ixjuvin posted:

So, character advice time! Here's my sheet: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ixjuvin/characters

Righeoux is a RF chieftain. I can kill all the Guardians deathless, Atziri and Uber Lab are a joke. But my first try on Shaper (ever, I have never killed Guardians much less Shaper before this league) he chumped me, I didn't even make it out of phase 1. Do I just need to improve my gear by a couple increments? How should I change up my flasks? Do I just need to Get Gud? How would Uber Atziri go? PoB tells me that I've got 85k DPS from RF, plus I use a Scorching Ray totem to reduce fire resist and add a little damage.

Delirium-ed Gloves to turn RF into a 5L, you should check if a Kaoms Heart will increase dps over your belly, get a 6L belly to turn RF into a real 5L (but is insanely expensive compared to the gloves), get a real 4L for SR and use a decoy totem (questionable imo), Fire Damage Opal Rings and high roll https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ngamahu_Tiki aka MMMMMMONEY

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Oops I forgot the phrasing on the Volkuur gloves-- physical and chaos will still count but you do need a matching type of skill to poison with just the gloves.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

When is it worth spending C on Zana mods in general? I've been doing T15+ with Perandus tonight for a while and i'm certain I'm behind in terms of making money.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Delirium-ed Gloves to turn RF into a 5L, you should check if a Kaoms Heart will increase dps over your belly, get a 6L belly to turn RF into a real 5L (but is insanely expensive compared to the gloves), get a real 4L for SR and use a decoy totem (questionable imo), Fire Damage Opal Rings and high roll https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ngamahu_Tiki aka MMMMMMONEY

I would use essence of horror on your helmet instead. That way you can use Insanity on your gloves with shield charge.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Eezee posted:

I would use essence of horror on your helmet instead. That way you can use Insanity on your gloves with shield charge.

If you have no other sources of global increased attack speed the essence of insanity is the same as having 16% increased attack speed on the gloves, so that seems like kind of a waste on RF to me :v:

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I guess that's true. Still shouldn't try to roll for that attack speed with a Delirium though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Count Uvula posted:

If you have no other sources of global increased attack speed the essence of insanity is the same as having 16% increased attack speed on the gloves, so that seems like kind of a waste on RF to me :v:

Why are you using shield charge without faster attacks linked to it and without a silver flask?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Hi friends, for my last build of this league I wanted to make an ele conversion ST raider that maps really fast (read: uses headhunter and 2 inspired learnings).

Please help: https://pastebin.com/maRHyWYD

e: goddammit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeCFU8TYBQg

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Sep 16, 2017

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I just found a Ngahamu's on HC. Now I have an 85 Doomfletch Raider I don't play much.
Is a Raider Cycloner ok with vaal pact? I read the following, which means I wouldn't have to go to Avatar of Fire:

quote:

[3.0 Update]
edit: It has come to my attention thats not a bad solution to go 50% cold/lightning conversion instead of AOF at least for general mapping. You would take winter spirit in ranger which is only 3 points, way less than going AOF and you would replace fire pen gem with the new attack damage on full life. Using physical to lightning gem instead could also work but since you replace a support gem it might be slightly weaker.

My worry is that the Raider version is not suited for HC. Anyone with any insights?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I would like to try out the labyrinth, to get some of those ascendancy points
My first character died on Dominus.
My second character, a frostbolt totem hierophant is level 42 and alive and well in A5, though he has never stepped into the labyrinth. It was quite fun in the beginning but eventually i got a bit bored since placing totems and hanging in the back is not really my playstyle.

I currently play a Marauder, sitting at level 37 atm with 75% all resists (not chaos) and 1600 life. I use a Thief Something unique ring for life/mana steal. My main attack is cyclone with a couple of supportive gems. I also have molten strike with a couple of supportive gems. Mostly beginner gear without perfect sockets or anything. The build i am aiming towards is "Ngamahus Ball Toss Zerker"

Am i r eady for the labyrinth? How one-shotty are Izaros attacks? I am fine with quitting the game if my life drops low. I just don't want to risk getting oneshot, then i'd rather just wait until i am higher level. I am fairly good at dodging in this genre of games. (My hierophant took virtually zero damage from Malthiel on my first ever attempt at that boss)

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
You can do normal lab just fine with those numbers.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Ineptitude posted:

My second character, a frostbolt totem hierophant is level 42 and alive and well in A5, though he has never stepped into the labyrinth. It was quite fun in the beginning but eventually i got a bit bored since placing totems and hanging in the back is not really my playstyle.

I currently play a Marauder, sitting at level 37 atm with 75% all resists (not chaos) and 1600 life. I use a Thief Something unique ring for life/mana steal. My main attack is cyclone with a couple of supportive gems. I also have molten strike with a couple of supportive gems. Mostly beginner gear without perfect sockets or anything. The build i am aiming towards is "Ngamahus Ball Toss Zerker"

Am i r eady for the labyrinth? How one-shotty are Izaros attacks? I am fine with quitting the game if my life drops low. I just don't want to risk getting oneshot, then i'd rather just wait until i am higher level. I am fairly good at dodging in this genre of games. (My hierophant took virtually zero damage from Malthiel on my first ever attempt at that boss)

Izaro isn't going to put a dent on that thing. Just don't stand on any traps, and you're fine.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Ineptitude posted:

1.600 life with max resist should be absolutely fine on Izaro.
You're free to link me your gear online and I might have some upgrades for you.
I also put a ton of uniques in the G-stash recently (HC), so check that too if you haven't yet.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ineptitude posted:

Am i r eady for the labyrinth? How one-shotty are Izaros attacks?

You should be more than fine for normal lab with those numbers. All of izaro's big attacks are very telegraphed, he has a hard time hitting you if you just run circles around him in general. Just kill whatever pops up on the 3 platforms in his room each time so it doesn't buff him in the later fights. They've nerfed normal izaro multiple times at this point, I don't think he can 1 shot 1600 health even when buffed anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I was just thinking, what auras would a Starforge Cyclone Slayer even run? Hatred and Herald of Ash are useless.

Blood Magic time instead?

My RT Cyclone Jugg runs Blood Magic with a Witchfire Brew flask for Vuln Curse. Heres my profile if you want to see my setup, character is Jebsbackbaby https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kumbo/characters