Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

That's why he owns so much though. He's the hopes and dreams of every ten year old personified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Polo-Rican posted:

I HOPE AND PRAY we never get Uber Jason because he looks dumb as hell—like an unused Mortal Kombat 3 character

I'm sorry did you forget what dumb rear end franchise you're talking about? Uber-Jason owns and is as silly looking as the Savini Jason is so gently caress it. BRING ON THE NANITE JASON.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I remember (and I'm sure this has come up before) when Todd Farmer, the Jason X writer, used to post on the Friday the 13th message board. He was telling us how Uber Jason was meant to just be this daft wee gag right at the end of the film but the suits forced them to push his appearance and had him in the trailers and posters and everything. Hahaha.

Lord Zedd Jason is dumb as all hell. But when you reach film 10 in a series about an unkillable zombie man in a mask I think you have to get a bit dumb.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I mean the first five were dumb enough, but the series officially went Full Racecar the moment that Tommy Jarvis stuck a fence post through Jason's dead eye and lightning bolted him into a Frankenstein.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 15, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Polo-Rican posted:

I HOPE AND PRAY we never get Uber Jason because he looks dumb as hell—like an unused Mortal Kombat 3 character

This really isn't a reason why they shouldn't do Uber Jason. This whole franchise, game included, is dumb and juvenile and that's why we love it.

I imagine if the devs ever were able to get their hands on another major license they'd just crank out another complete game so they could charge $40 for it(and if it were different enough I wouldn't blame them). Now, lesser slashers like Hatchet or Cropsey could fit right in with the summer camp setting and would probably be fairly cheap to get the licenses for, so maybe that's a possibility(even though they've said they have no plans to do it).

But this is a template that could easily work with plenty of other horror icons, so maybe it will develop into an ongoing franchise. An entire game of Michael Myers themed maps(suburbs, hospital)and objectives would totally work, and I also think a Child's Play game would be great. With Chucky there would be a lot more focus on stealth and movement, maybe throw in some air vents for him to crawl around in Batman style.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 15, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
With Chucky you can also have a bit of a The Thing going on, with multiple Good Guy Dolls around the house and only one of them is the real thing.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Chucky would have to have permanent stalk mode on, because stealth is really his only strength. Otherwise he's literally only as powerful as a 2-foot-tall doll. "Grabbing" would also kind of be out of the question, or maybe his grab equivalent would be like a Jockey in L4D2. Chucky leaps on someone's back with his hands over their eyes and steers them towards environmental kills. The slash melee could even be used while riding them, with the caveat being that he'd be much easier to break free from.

Maybe instead of stalk turning off music cues, stalk silences Chucky's sprint and in-world actions (so you don't hear his little feet or him exerting himself as he runs around, vents opening, etc.). And instead of shift you get a long-range outdoors morph and an indoors, limited-range morph. Like you can be outside chasing somebody and then teleport inside into a cupboard... oh oh, and cupboards are a place you have to also look for supplies.

e: Also a dedicated button that plays pre-recorded Good Guys sound clips because no way will that ever get old. Hidey ho! Ha ha ha!

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 15, 2017

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Tommy Jarvis replaced by Andy with a shotgun. Who can see Chucky through cupboards

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

All I want is Micheal Myers because you wouldn't have to change any of his abilities like at all and the game would be basically the same. Stupid Dead By Daylight. :argh:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

Chucky would have to have permanent stalk mode on, because stealth is really his only strength. Otherwise he's literally only as powerful as a 2-foot-tall doll. "Grabbing" would also kind of be out of the question, or maybe his grab equivalent would be like a Jockey in L4D2. Chucky leaps on someone's back with his hands over their eyes and steers them towards environmental kills. The slash melee could even be used while riding them, with the caveat being that he'd be much easier to break free from.

Maybe instead of stalk turning off music cues, stalk silences Chucky's sprint and in-world actions (so you don't hear his little feet or him exerting himself as he runs around, vents opening, etc.). And instead of shift you get a long-range outdoors morph and an indoors, limited-range morph. Like you can be outside chasing somebody and then teleport inside into a cupboard... oh oh, and cupboards are a place you have to also look for supplies.

e: Also a dedicated button that plays pre-recorded Good Guys sound clips because no way will that ever get old. Hidey ho! Ha ha ha!

To be clear I'm talking about if they developed a Chucky game from the ground up just using the same basic template as Friday the 13th, so it wouldn't necessarily have to work off the same exact mechanics. That's a good idea you had about how to do environmental kills though.

I was thinking maybe you have a system where Chucky first grabs your leg and maybe your character starts freaking out, immobilizing you(like as if you were grabbed by Jason) as you try to shake him off. Then from there Chucky can do a number of different kills where he scrambles up your body and stabs you or drags you down to the ground and kills you with an exacto knife, poo poo like that. Chucky has actually killed people in a really wide variety of ways so the different versions of Chucky would be pretty easy to make feel unique.

Verticality would be a big part of it though, which would really set it apart. Allow Chucky to scramble on top of large dressers and other furniture, make it so he could hide behind a low couch and pop out, stuff like that. Maybe also give him the ability to put other Good Guy dolls around the map AND freeze himself in place if he wants to fool the victims into thinking he's not the real Chucky.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Imagine fighting Chucky in the Good Guys factory :allears:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

All I want is Micheal Myers because you wouldn't have to change any of his abilities like at all and the game would be basically the same. Stupid Dead By Daylight. :argh:

No version of Myers should ever run.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Polo-Rican posted:

Gun Media/Illfonic please give us Scorpion as an alternate Jason.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Ironically, Uber Jason would probably look a lot better in F13 the game than he does in Jason X the film. The lighting in the game is better and the metal mask and chestpiece would probably look more like actual, authentic metal.

It's amazing how far graphics in gaming have advanced!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh what I would do to play Mike Myers in a good game. :allears:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Stanley Pain posted:

I too wish I could Marishka Hargetey people while stroking my luxurious TressFX beard.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Polo-Rican posted:

Ironically, Uber Jason would probably look a lot better in F13 the game than he does in Jason X the film. The lighting in the game is better and the metal mask and chestpiece would probably look more like actual, authentic metal.

It's amazing how far graphics in gaming have advanced!

Yea Jason X is a very Canadian production so most of the technical stuff is pretty second-rate. The opening scene where Jason gets frozen looks pretty good but that's about it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Stanley Pain posted:

Yeah that Cat in the Hat game was pretty horrible.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/friday13thgame/status/908820562658709505

DLC road map is pretty nice.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

e; f.b: You bastard,

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I'm predicting emotes and Spring Break by the end of this month, Jarvis house and Jason from Part IV on October 13th, and then counselors/kills/clothing between then and Halloween (or on Halloween).

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm noticing two new Jasons besides 4, PLACE YER BET'S NOW #ROYSBOYS

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Dude, there's literally two Jasons left, X and Roy. I mean they could reveal Pamela but Pamela's not "a Jason".

Technically neither is Roy, but at least he had a mask!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Danaru posted:

Hell yeah.

I'm gonna guess the other will be either Jason X or another exclusive Jason.

Also, I really hope the success of this game leads to them making more movies.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well, there's Reboot Jason. You'd just have to replace Pam's cabin with a weed garden

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Well, there's Reboot Jason. You'd just have to replace Pam's cabin with a weed garden

I think the full Voorhees house would be really cool, with random layouts so the sweater shrine bathroom could be in different places.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hell yeah.

I'm gonna guess the other will be either Jason X or another exclusive Jason.

Also, I really hope the success of this game leads to them making more movies.

Well according to these guys https://1428elm.com/2017/09/14/success-new-line-planning-reboot-friday-13th/

We might see another Friday movie.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

I was hoping that you meant the developers were including other movies named Friday and we'd get an Ice Cube version of Jason

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

There is still Mortal Kombat Jason, but fuckin yawn

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Also looking at Part 8 Jason in that screenshot from that article, it will never not bug me that Jason changes his loving mask every single movie. It's never the same mask and yet it's supposed to be the same one with the same damage from movie-to-movie. The knife cut is still there on the top but it's completely different otherwise.

And me being the big horror dork I am, the other day I made me a Part 3 Jason mask from a cheap $7 Halloween hockey mask:

I think it looks pretty good considering it only cost me $12 (including chevron stencils from here: https://www.jdfstudios.com/) and 30 minutes of actual work.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's not ENTIRELY true.

The mask from 3 and 4 are the same, and the mask from 6 and 7 are the same.

3 starts out all new and clean, gets dirtied up and an axe through it. In 4 it gets destroyed.

6 is a mask Tommy creates based on the original, which is why I guess it has an axe mark in it? Tommy was weird. Anyways it gets shot and then a chunk at the bottom is torn off by propeller damage. In Part 7 it gets broken in half by mind powers

Now why the mask Jason randomly finds on a boat in Part 8 has the axe mark, who knows. Presumably that's the same mask that's in Jason Goes to Hell (which at that point is a magic mask I guess) Freddy VS Jason and maybe Jason X, but really who can say.

The only mask between those four movies that HAS to be the same one is the Jason Goes to Hell mask going into Freddy VS Jason. But by that point it was, again, quite supernatural

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Burkion posted:

That's not ENTIRELY true.

The mask from 3 and 4 are the same, and the mask from 6 and 7 are the same.

3 starts out all new and clean, gets dirtied up and an axe through it. In 4 it gets destroyed.

6 is a mask Tommy creates based on the original, which is why I guess it has an axe mark in it? Tommy was weird. Anyways it gets shot and then a chunk at the bottom is torn off by propeller damage. In Part 7 it gets broken in half by mind powers

Now why the mask Jason randomly finds on a boat in Part 8 has the axe mark, who knows. Presumably that's the same mask that's in Jason Goes to Hell (which at that point is a magic mask I guess) Freddy VS Jason and maybe Jason X, but really who can say.

The only mask between those four movies that HAS to be the same one is the Jason Goes to Hell mask going into Freddy VS Jason. But by that point it was, again, quite supernatural

I think Tommy had Jasons mask in part 5, which would be what he throws into the grave in part 6.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

joylessdivision posted:

I think Tommy had Jasons mask in part 5, which would be what he throws into the grave in part 6.

I'm

PRETTY sure Tommy was still making masks in 5. Maybe he just broke the strap but I think the mask was destroyed in 4.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The strap gets broken in 4 when Trish smacks Jason and knocks it off of him. The mask itself was fine

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

codenameFANGIO posted:

There is still Mortal Kombat Jason, but fuckin yawn

I could see the appeal of Kombatant Jason if it's an excuse to use various Mortal Kombat fatalities, which could be fun. Leatherface volunteers as a demonstration subject for many of them.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I love this game.

The roadmap is a neat public-facing priority list.

I don't share their optimism for that Halloween-Christmas period.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I think everything before Halloween seems likely but once you get past that it's less reliable, just because stuff never works out perfectly. But it gives us a good idea of what's coming and roughly when

Also if that new clothing pack for Halloween isn't Halloween costumes I'll be surprised

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Going back to earlier... you guys know someone was working on an asymmetrical 3v1 Puppet Master game? One giant player would have to defend himself from 3 of Toulon's Puppets. It didn't look great, but it was a like one man development team apparently. Think Band/Full Moon C+D'd him though.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Archenteron posted:

Gun Media/Illfonic please give us Scorpion as an alternate Jason.

Only if Tommy Jarvis gets replaced with Stryker whenever he is picked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Danaru posted:

Half expecting the dropped idea from the end of part V where Tommy was going to become the next Jason.

• Locked thread