Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

GoutPatrol posted:

Granny is a Joel Osteen fan.

I know, that's what makes her reaction to him being a piece of poo poo so drat hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JT Smiley posted:

I know, that's what makes her reaction to him being a piece of poo poo so drat hilarious.

I haven't listened to the show yet, that's what they were talking about? I'm usually a week behind.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

GoutPatrol posted:

I haven't listened to the show yet, that's what they were talking about? I'm usually a week behind.

Yea someone asked about how she felt about Joel Osteen not opening up his church in Houston to start with and she just screamed how it was FAKE NEWS.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gently caress granny

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
someone who is in their 80s and follows charismatic preachers has lovely views, what a surprise.

more and the local weather report tonight during your late local news.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's almost as if that's a directive that was made entirely in your own head.

That's not true at all. If was rare if ever they were critical of it. Point me to an episode or two if I am wrong.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
No wonder you're referred to in the same breath as Jonathan Barber

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Lid posted:

No wonder you're referred to in the same breath as Jonathan Barber

I am not though. ROH getting a pass is a widely accepted thing.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
RoH gets a tiny section in the observer where basically every week Dave clearly questions their booking and talent levels (if you're capable of reading Davese at all and obviously you are Rovert)

You're right that he doesn't just straight out say when they suck, and I'm sure that is because he likes people who work there, but he only "gives them a pass" if you're completely ignoring what he obviously means when he says things.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Any ROH conversation that does not begin with "Noted Racist, Domestic Abuser, Terrible Booker, Money Waster and Smelly Farter Delirious is at it again, that loving clown, I don't want to say the latest ROH backstage news is worse than all of the natural disasters that have occurred this year combined but come on lads, it's so much worse" is clearly in the tank for Big ROH

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
We've gone over this ground a number of times the past 2 years or so. Let's move on from it. Meltzer had to be called out pretty hard to even make a passing comment about how poor Delirious is with communicating with Wrestlers and him completely disappearing during tapings being a serious issue. Rarely if ever do you read any criticism in the Observer about the booking and failure to create new stars. Also, Bryan is tight with Delirious too and has done some design work for the website in the past.

I don't see the attraction in B&V review something they won't be critical of any real way. Others here are entitled to think differently.

Given they like classic NWA they should give CWF Mid Atlantic a shot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
"Lads, 24 is the biggest number there is. Anyone who says there's a bigger number is a liar and a scoundrel."

"Uhhhhh where is that coming from?"

"We've gone over this before, let's move on from it. Anyway, there's no number bigger than 24. Let's just put this behind us. 24."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Thats spagnoli, what about 18?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

That's not true at all. If was rare if ever they were critical of it. Point me to an episode or two if I am wrong.

Practically the only times ROH has come up on WOR in the last two months was Dave saying how the Cody/Sanada match made no sense.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I remember Dave not liking the Daniels' title run, or at least being apathetic about it. He also wasn't enthusiastic about anything they've done with Cody; which I read as he thinks that Cody doesn't deserve the top spot in ROH but doesn't want to outright say that Cody isn't a great worker and is the wrong guy for the ROH champ.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 16, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

PaybackJack posted:

I remember Dave not liking the Daniels' title run, or at least being apathetic about it. He also wasn't enthusiastic about anything they've done with Cody; which I read as he thinks that Cody doesn't deserve the top spot in ROH but doesn't want to outright say that Cody isn't a great worker and is the wrong guy for the ROH champ.

tbf ROH basically did Cody's title run and then disappeared for the summer before randomly booking him against SANADA and Suzuki

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MassRafTer posted:

Practically the only times ROH has come up on WOR in the last two months was Dave saying how the Cody/Sanada match made no sense.

If he's not going on in every show with MINUS FIVE STARS level rants about how bad RoH is he's protecting them. This is Rovert's big angle that will finally prove he's a respectable wrestling journalist.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH is boring, not bad. Totally different problem.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If it wasn't for the behind the scenes implosions would anyone talk about TNA poorly? Probably not because it's generally uninteresting. I can't remember the last time a TNA thread had discussions about the actual TV product for a whole page minus anything to do with the Broken Hardy's stuff.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress me, i read the newsletter and listen to the shows and Dave has only given his own opinions of ROH. Nothing has stood out to be negative, definitely not negative enough for someone, Rovert as always, to attempt to drag him over. Because Rovert, as always, is a loving idiot.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

coconono posted:

ROH is boring, not bad. Totally different problem.

Yeah, for most of the year the only real ROH conversation I've seen out there was the weird back-and-forth about who is/isn't going to NXT. I've rarely, if ever, seen people talk about the actual on-screen product (other than broad strokes like "huh, Cody's the champ" :geno:)

I don't know if it's the talent loss, more exciting promotions getting easier to watch, or a combination of both, but ROH just doesn't feel all that relevant these days.

Benne fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 16, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RealFoxy posted:

If it wasn't for the behind the scenes implosions would anyone talk about TNA poorly? Probably not because it's generally uninteresting. I can't remember the last time a TNA thread had discussions about the actual TV product for a whole page minus anything to do with the Broken Hardy's stuff.

If TNA was being run more competently, no. Borash has been really good at booking stuff that gets people's interest.

The Broken stuff was bigger than anything ROH put together for angles/promos.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

broken universe stuff was bigger but not for TNA. It revitalized the hardys on the indies but nobody tuned in to see it on Impact. ROH did more business with it than TNA did

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Broken Universe did draw 'something' for TNA but the company is extremely toxic.

AJ Styles on a random indy after he left would significantly outdraw TNA house shows with AJ Styles in the main event, and that was back when TNA was less of a joke than it is now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Defiance Industries posted:

If he's not going on in every show with MINUS FIVE STARS level rants about how bad RoH is he's protecting them. This is Rovert's big angle that will finally prove he's a respectable wrestling journalist.

Yep endless amounts of Wrestlers, the announce team and office staff left the promotion just because. Anyway, let's move on too many people disagree with me just for the sake of it. Meltzer covering for ROH is an accepted thing elsewhere online.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

>"Let's move on"

>Continues not to move on

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Yep endless amounts of Wrestlers, the announce team and office staff left the promotion just because. Anyway, let's move on too many people disagree with me just for the sake of it. Meltzer covering for ROH is an accepted thing elsewhere online.

You brought this up, got called on it and immediately told everybody to move on while continuing to talk about it yourself. We've discussed this multiple times in the past but you keep doing it and it's getting ridiculous.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

You brought this up, got called on it and immediately told everybody to move on while continuing to talk about it yourself. We've discussed this multiple times in the past but you keep doing it and it's getting ridiculous.

Getting?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave's weird enthusiasm for most recent TNA product had me attempting to watch some of the shows.

It's still TNA though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jay Lethal as Hulk Hogan doing a "this is a dirtsheet" promo, but instead of burning it, Lethal compliments it as unbaised coverage of the sport.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I believe he called it a "rag sheet" which is much funnier

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
"Observe THIS brother!"

*reads entire newsletter verbatim*

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The Broken Universe did draw 'something' for TNA but the company is extremely toxic.

AJ Styles on a random indy after he left would significantly outdraw TNA house shows with AJ Styles in the main event, and that was back when TNA was less of a joke than it is now.

it really didn't. there was initial rating spikes for the first cameron weird show but it quickly dropped off and showed no staying power on future broken shows.

particular internet/especially twitter buzz =/= casual viewership.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cameos galore in this weeks Being the Elite!

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/909518056254095360

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I hope it doesn't take Dave long to write the obit for Heenan, really want to read that one. RIP, Brain.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

+5 for the pancrase shirt

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

PaybackJack posted:

I hope it doesn't take Dave long to write the obit for Heenan, really want to read that one. RIP, Brain.

Prediction- It will be 10,000 words on Bobby's career and Dave will make it to just before Bobby gets to WWF. Dave will promise to finish it later, he won't.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

it really didn't. there was initial rating spikes for the first cameron weird show but it quickly dropped off and showed no staying power on future broken shows.

particular internet/especially twitter buzz =/= casual viewership.

I wonder how much of that was the Broken segments being easily accessible on YouTube. People would just wait for those to be uploaded rather than sit through a crappy Impact to see them. Given TNA's toxic reputation, that theory should at least be considered as to why it didn't draw big.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I just got dumped. Too bad there's no new Pisscast to help me get out of my depression like the last time I got broken up with.

What I'm saying is that I'm willing to continue getting my heartbroken if it means new Pisscast episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"I think Jimmy Hart in Memphis was probably better"

Dave knows the truth.

• Locked thread