Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do we even really know how much the stats are effecting things? how much damage does 10 resilience absorb? how fast is 10 mobility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiispy

https://i.imgur.com/umhsqdT.gifv

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

the good fax machine posted:

Yes. Normal people definitely know what that is.
:jerkbag:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Assuming someone's uploaded the ost to youtube by now I'll link to an example of what I mean when I'm not on mobile

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

This game has a soundtrack? drat I just listen to a 100% trap playlist while I play.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

It's like the imperial theme playing every time darth vader shows up.

Theme then, that's all he had to say, we weren't all band geeks growing up

HAT FETISH posted:

two bar leitmotif

:wtc:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

HAT FETISH posted:

Can we talk about how awesome that two bar leitmotif that plays in the music for every planet (I think??) is, because goddamn. It is fuckin swell. Particularly on Titan.

It's real good. Also liked the reprise of the sad opening music during the final mission.

I take it you're not a reader

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"a specific sequence of notes used recurringly across a composition or series of compositions for the purpose of setting a mood" is neither easily communicated just by saying "theme" nor is it arcane music nerd knowledge. Sorry dude

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

wtf is this fuckin word?? i dont get it. just talk normal. jesus. gay

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

You got vaccinated as a child didn't you.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I thought I could quit hand cannons after D1 and how utterly poo poo the early game HCs are but I got that sweet Better Devils and Lord I'm back on my bullshit again.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Crucible loving sucks and I'm upset I have to do it for pve gear.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:sad:

Even I know what a leitmotif is and I'm an uneducated numpty

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

all the normal people here in the destiny thread on the dead gay somethingawful forums. just a bunch of normies, we

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool so youtube sharing is broken on ps4.. that's fun

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

screech on the beach posted:

Crucible loving sucks and I'm upset I have to do it for pve gear.

What?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Better Devils is the best gun I've used in this game so far. It is just so good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

super macho dude posted:

I thought I could quit hand cannons after D1 and how utterly poo poo the early game HCs are but I got that sweet Better Devils and Lord I'm back on my bullshit again.

I pair devils with uriels and love the gently caress out of that combo.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Someone post some sicknasty handcannon kills, I can't ever get a good feel for them but maybe I just tried lovely ones.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

All the handcannons in this game suck except the Sunshot and you probably shouldn't use that in PVP.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The raid AR feels real good. Hope it does alright in crucible.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

I pair devils with uriels and love the gently caress out of that combo.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

The raid AR feels real good. Hope it does alright in crucible.

You guys need the trials AR lmao, it's insanely good

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats the policy of raiding with goons but not joining a goon clan because man

my coworkers are real bad

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Asema posted:

like none, just crash parties yo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You guys need the trials AR lmao, it's insanely good

I'll trade you 2 of my 15 different swords

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Asema posted:

no one gives a gently caress just show up and shoot mans

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Raise ya hand if you're claiming Bone Krew and accepting sweet Raid and Trials engrams this week

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Steps to shooting space mans with goons:
Join goon discord/slack/this thread
Shoot mans with goons

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk
Raise ya hand if ya got more disposable income than ya know what ta do wit... :v:

JorgeHWB fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 16, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I tried trials of the nine, and it was not fun. They made a different formula for trials, and is ages worse than Osiris.

The map is also a combination of the worst traits of the worst maps of osiris. Wide lanes in wide areas, a sniper and long distance weapons.

It does look good.

HAT FETISH posted:

It's a compelling theory. Like, maybe there are no actual Cabal civilians and their entire deal is that they're a purpose-built vanguard force kept motivated by their pride in an empire that doesn't actually exist. We have explanations for why the Hive and the Fallen are chasing the traveler but as far as I know we don't know anything substantial about the Cabal's actual history at all, even after the lore dump in the collector's edition book.

Still waiting on a Vex equivalent of the Books of Sorrow more than anything else. I like the idea of the pyramid aliens being an ascended race and the Vex being their spiritual cousins who tried to follow in their footsteps but kinda lost track of what they were trying to do when they made their own Great Leap Beyondward.

All the gear weapons have some lore. And it don't seems theres really much to know. They are a empire over a few sentient races, and is modeled after the roman empire. They got rid of calus and he escaped in a huge as poo poo ship. Calus found the darkness and decided to come back and restore his power.

Tei fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Sep 16, 2017

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

First Bone Krew flawless.

Pilfered Pallbearers fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 16, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Got my welfare trials package and it dropped with a 10 power level arc scout. Lolled hard. Does not have sense even more that trials disables power advantages. Gun looks cool.

What is not cool however that my warlock dropped a 155 exotic engram from an event and I can't redeem it on the Titan so that I can complete the Sturm quest.

:destiny:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Went flawless, trials is fun and good. The trials auto rifle is insanely good. Mida campers are so easy to stomp.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Javes posted:

Went flawless, trials is fun and good. The trials auto rifle is insanely good. Mida campers are so easy to stomp.

:agreed: Scouts are good for flanking, against snipers and other scouts. High mobility will murder scouts.
Loved to use them in pantheon. Actually used scouts or pulses in pvp all three years (went with shotguns since fusion rifles were nerfed into the ground) so I know that it's not impossible to take a big fat poo poo on Mida stacks.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Got the SMG out of the clan trials welfare cache. It seems ok but I can't shake the feeling that all SMGs just suck.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

Kingnothing posted:

First free Bone Krew flawless.

lmao i thought it had to be 50% of fireteam

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
survival the mode sucks rear end

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

the panacea posted:

Got the SMG out of the clan trials welfare cache. It seems ok but I can't shake the feeling that all SMGs just suck.

Raid SMG is real fuckin' good

Our Trials squad all ran MIDA. We had no problem holding our own against non scout weapon pushes. This map just plays really well to scouts and you have to be really comfortable with your other weapon. That said, the map is real bad. It flows for poo poo and its visually dull.

also, Last Hope is OP as gently caress

e: uhhh holy poo poo trials sniper is lit af

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Sep 16, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

tqilamknbrd posted:

lmao i thought it had to be 50% of fireteam

Apparently not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

One of the raid gear items talk about the arkborn.

They call the leviathan small, so they probably have ships that span has big a small solar system, or maybe they live in space. One of them accepted to work with Callus, or thats my reading.

Arkborn sounds like they where born in some sort of ark. My theory is this is a group of energy based people that follow the isolationist doctrine. The darkness choose destruction war, the light cooperation, the arkborn choose separate themselves from the fight. Thats my theory.