Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

canoshiz posted:

6 Infinity Stones in Decorative Case

just in time for easter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

canoshiz posted:

Frank Reynolds says "Egg"

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

NecroMonster posted:

Frank Reynolds says "Egg"

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

As someone who loved MvC3 everything about this dang game looks like trash to me.

https://twitter.com/RayRay19wun/status/908783871516450816

This is probably my biggest issue with the game. You get all these flashy combos from different characters that all just cap out at the same damage. They're really taking the whole "Characters are just functions" thing to its logical endpoint.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lmao you can't combo off of throws.

you've pretty much got to have a fast air dash and normals that can do good crossups to have any mixup in this game

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
throws take away all red life so they probably thought combos off of throws would have been too much on top of the red life elimination

you can still combo off a mind stone command grab (and several other command grab/capture state moves) but those seem very heavily scaled

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 15, 2017

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

you've pretty much got to have a fast air dash and normals that can do good crossups to have any mixup in this game

according to jwong twitter you can tag cancel throws to convert with them

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Throw combos are pretty hard on scaling, but you do get to take all their red life off with them.

I'm also a bit concerned about the hard scaling on combos and how everyone seems to get pretty much the same damage off confirms. It's the opposite concern I have when it comes to DBFZ: one has a very creative combo system that I'm not sure will matter, the other one looks very limited but if anyone gets extra stuff it's gonna matter a LOT.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Is meter gain much better with long combos vs basic magic series stuff?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
a game where everyone is umvc3 dante will be interesting, if nothing else

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nate405 posted:

Is meter gain much better with long combos vs basic magic series stuff?

I actually wanna know if meter gain "scales", everyone seems to do training mode with full meter. My Optimal MVCI I Don't Wanna Play With Other People Team right now would be 5k meterless into 5k into stupid incoming into a full resource hopefully 100% combo and a lot of it relies on building a ton of meters on the first character. Wonder how feasible that is. Floe is doing some dumb BS with Jedah already but it's just the setups so far.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

So is not getting meter when your attacks get blocked new to this game?

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

According to RayRay Meter gain seems to just be the same across the board.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RayRay19wun/status/908784914711052288

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

They probably just directly tied meter gain to damage done. Just like how they directly tied hitstun scaling to damage done.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlukardNY/status/908797630968418304

GOTY 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

You can fall out of any non-cinematic super, because that's how the combo scaling/infinite prevention system works.

Probably best to learn how to use that, plus tags, for resets because they ain't going to fix the scaling system.

And they sort of can't anyway, because with only 2 characters on a team they need to avoid tod combos.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

NecroMonster posted:

you can combo off throws just character specific. Ryu and Hulk totally can for example.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
another janky rear end game from Capcom? :wow:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
RIP Dante, better luck in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite + 1

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ghosthotel posted:

its so creative you can do whatever you want to achieve the exact same effect

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
It's pretty obvious from the first few days that when they sat down to make MvCI they had some clear goals in mind:

- Minimize low resource/meter positive ToD combos
- Minimize infinites
- Lower viability of full screen lockdown projectile play
- Provide a limited get-out-of-jail card without simply making it a generic burst
- Allow for combo flexibility by universally allowing low hitboxes to OTG while providing a general upper bound to combo damage by tying hitstun scaling to damage

All in all it seems like an attempt to make a more 'fair' Marvel, the question is whether or not people that's something people actually want

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm pretty sure that offensive play in this game is basically trash and the game is going to look a hell of a lot different once people realize you can just block forever and punish

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

I'm pretty sure that this game is basically trash

fyp

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol yeah

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Ghosthotel posted:

LOL Capcom has done it again.

They even found a way to homogenize Marvel, out of all games.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Psure it's just cause of laziness on their parts too. Just link scaling and meter to damage done bada bing bada boom

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

lmao amazing

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Guy who only played MVC3 here - if there's no S button for launcher, how do you launch peeps? Is it just a random attack that each character is gonna have on a different button and you just have to Know It?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

canoshiz posted:

holy poo poo it's real hahaha

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Bleck posted:

Guy who only played MVC3 here - if there's no S button for launcher, how do you launch peeps? Is it just a random attack that each character is gonna have on a different button and you just have to Know It?

it's crouch heavy punch

https://twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/908961547484934145

General Morden fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Sep 16, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The shady belarussian man I bought my key from online for a handful of rubles just refunded my order :(

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

For the curious, this is apparently not in the PC version aka probably patched out in the day 1 patch.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

fadam posted:

The shady belarussian man I bought my key from online for a handful of rubles just refunded my order :(

He probably felt bad for you.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ChromeAlchemist/status/909025875764576258

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

fadam posted:

GamesPlanet still has the standard edition for ~$40 and they're actually a legitimate distributor.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Ok some one has to be able to answer this google will not do poo poo. With the xbox one will two people be able to play against each other? My daughter loves stuff like mortal combat so I was hoping it would.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Darth Freddy posted:

Ok some one has to be able to answer this google will not do poo poo. With the xbox one will two people be able to play against each other? My daughter loves stuff like mortal combat so I was hoping it would.
yes, this game has two player offline versus.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nate405 posted:

GamesPlanet still has the standard edition for ~$40 and they're actually a legitimate distributor.

Does this work in Canada?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I mean on the one hand I don't doubt it, on the other hand that's some heavy artifacting on a png in the year of our lord 2017

• Locked thread