Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

cis autodrag posted:

use bitmoji lol

i googled this and the result just said "you are old"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

the sony designed theming engine thats built in to oreo can change emoji back to blobs on a per app basis but rn the process for surfacing that theme engine is p. hacky

i do use bitmoji tho and its built in to the default google keyboard now

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Boiled Water posted:

this one sounds like its not the phone being terrible but the user

everybody on earth does this, op.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Smythe posted:

everybody on earth does this, op.

NOT YOU TOO SMYTHE

i guess its really true what they say all our heroes are gone :(

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

lol if u dont disable whatsapp read receipts

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

lol if you care about whether or not the other person knows you read their message

if you actively don't want the other person to know you read their message consider :sever:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

m'golden ears

Combat Pretzel posted:

Who the gently caress cares about frequency plots? That's a fallacy.

The issue grack probably has, as do I, is that there's already compressed data with all its artifacts, and it's yet again submitted through another lossy codec. I don't want any ringing artifacts and other poo poo to become audible. Doesn't help that I was inadvertently trained to notice them back in the old days, hanging out on Hydrogenaudio. Nor does it help that I listen to electronic music, which exacerbates issues with psychoacoustics.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

rumor is, the pixel 2 will have no headphone jack :laffo:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
oh good now we can have two mutually incompatible standards for wired headphones. make sure you buy the android compatible ones, not the iphone ones!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

infernal machines posted:

oh good now we can have two mutually incompatible standards for wired headphones. make sure you buy the android compatible ones, not the iphone ones!

lol at wired headphones

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lol at having to charge an otherwise passive accessory

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

lol at wired headphones

android can't do Bluetooth audio without your music ducking out at random every 30 seconds so no headphone jack is real bad. if they didn't blow at Bluetooth then whatever.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

you knew this was inevitable

what's really fun with usb type c is that it can either carry analog audio in alternate mode or whatever it is, so you'd only need effectively a cheap pin-adapter to use regular headphones, or if the headphones were usb-c then they wouldn't need a dac. oooorrrrrrr the phone doesn't do that and therefore you do need a dac.

so i'd expect future anroid lols with a clusterfuck of usb to 3.5mm audio adapters and endless end user confusion :toot:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

cis autodrag posted:

android can't do Bluetooth audio without your music ducking out at random every 30 seconds so no headphone jack is real bad. if they didn't blow at Bluetooth then whatever.

I've never had this happen.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

rumor is, the pixel 2 will have no headphone jack :laffo:

of course, apple did it so android has to do it too

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

lol at having to charge an otherwise passive accessory

smh if you're not charging your wired headphones already

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My Linux Rig posted:

of course, apple did it so android has to do it too

nah android beat apple to it since the moto z shipped without a headphone jack a few months before the iphone 7.

surprise surprise since no one bought it no one cared until apple did it

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

airpods are whatever apple thing and blueteeth so just buy those

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

how does android suck so bad at bt. i listen to music via a sb360 in my car for years now with an iPhone 5 and now 7. it sounds identical to the hardwire and it hasn't ever hosed up on me. I turn on the car, it connects in 2 seconds, I hit play and it continues from where it left off every time. what is so loving hard about that?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
There's nothing wrong with the bt implementation in android, it's the implementation of bt in the pixel that sucks.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Dodoman posted:

There's nothing wrong with the bt implementation in android, it's the implementation of bt in the pixel that sucks.

my Samsung anroids were just as bad.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

android devices could be better if they charged $1000 for them

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

cis autodrag posted:

my Samsung anroids were just as bad.

Dodoman posted:

There's nothing wrong with the bt implementation in android, it's the implementation of bt in the samsung that sucks.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont use headphones on my phone, I just use an aux cord in my car. So its like, shut the gently caress up. I'm gonna blast this if I want.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also what the hell is with the no headphone jack. Does anyone really give a poo poo if there phone is 1mm thinner because it doesn't need to fit a 3.5mm jack.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lets get rid of the data port/charger next, and only support BT file transfers and induction charging

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Shareit already exists if you want to go down that route

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TBQH lets just remove the batteries from phones entirely. Give them some slow-drain capacitors with like 5 minutes of juice max. Can't afford an induction charging pad whereever you go? Sounds like you need a flip phone, poor.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
these are all great arguments. you should definitely keep debating headphone jacks and fighting the inevitable wireless future.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Management posted:

these are all great arguments. you should definitely keep debating headphone jacks and fighting the inevitable wireless future.

Band saturation is a thing. Imagine if everyone on the same subway had bluetooth on. Jesus christ

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

but you can't be jony, jony is still here

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Larry Parrish posted:

Lets get rid of the data port/charger next, and only support BT file transfers and induction charging

lol i bet that's coming someday

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
actually 'file transfers' will probably just be phased out entirely

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

who the gently caress is transferring files to their telephone with a wire in 2017?

i think the whole 3 years i had a nexus 5 (the last nexus i had with qi charging) i plugged the usb cable in less than ten times. id have no problem buying a phone without a data/charging port

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Band saturation is a thing. Imagine if everyone on the same subway had bluetooth on. Jesus christ

no seriously, how do y'all think this poo poo will work with any more than ten people in the same 100 square feet?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Bluetooth audio is trash for deaf people

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

LastInLine posted:

who the gently caress is transferring files to their telephone with a wire in 2017?

i think the whole 3 years i had a nexus 5 (the last nexus i had with qi charging) i plugged the usb cable in less than ten times. id have no problem buying a phone without a data/charging port

I wanted to transfer over some music to my new phone that wasn't on Spotify. I tried Bluetooth but it said it was going to take like 3 hours so I plugged it in and it took 4min

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Millstone posted:

Bluetooth audio is trash for deaf people

i guarantee you couldn't tell the difference between bt and wired in my car. it sounds 100% the same. maybe get a bt adapter/phone that isn't trash

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

i guarantee you couldn't tell the difference between bt and wired in my car. it sounds 100% the same. maybe get a bt adapter/phone that isn't trash

lol that you think the use case is a car rather than nice wired headphones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i can't use ear buds because they give me ear infections so i invest in nicer over ear headphones instead and the difference between Bluetooth and wired there is noticeable.