Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Really the only way to pick one bottle of wine over another off the shelf (besides price, I guess) is the advertising or label, so hell, I'd buy it just because of the copy.

e: oh I'm a dummy, that's not ad copy, that's a recommendation from the paper. :doh:

RyokoTK has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

china bot posted:

everyone knows you're supposed to pair 12 Years a Slave with LSD

I thought rum would be the appropriate beverage.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I was a huge fan of "I love my skeleton dads" and "hug me I'm itchy"

Imgur's mobile site sucks now so I'm having trouble uploading it, but Hairy Virgin Club might be the truest goon shirt.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I must know what this is from :stare:
It makes me suddenly want the Battle Royale with Tommy Lee Jones in the Teacher Role movie that I never knew I wanted.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

If you live in a state where your vehicle has to be inspected, having a check engine light on will fail your inspection. So in places like New York, you HAVE to fix whatever problem is causing the check engine light, or you can't legally drive your vehicle.

Actually the inspection only tests if the light stays on. So, like, the light is just a bulb, y'know.

The CEL is super common in places with bad winters. The 02 sensors get fouled with unburnt gas on cold days and the light comes on. The sensor is probably welded in place from the road salt and heat cycling so you could drop $500+ or just leave it and eat the slight variation in mpg.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Breakfast Feud posted:

Actually the inspection only tests if the light stays on. So, like, the light is just a bulb, y'know.

The CEL is super common in places with bad winters. The 02 sensors get fouled with unburnt gas on cold days and the light comes on. The sensor is probably welded in place from the road salt and heat cycling so you could drop $500+ or just leave it and eat the slight variation in mpg.
And even then you can run the car into a local shop and get them to hook their scanner up to your car and see what the issue is that set the engine light off. In my experience it's been nothing 9 times out of 10, just a weird quirk that went away the instant the light was checked. I also live in a place with bad winters... so yeah.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It makes me suddenly want the Battle Royale with Tommy Lee Jones in the Teacher Role movie that I never knew I wanted.

How dare you denigrate Kitano-san

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Sometimes my check engine light comes on when the gas cap isn't tight enough.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mammal Sauce posted:

Non-driving millenial spotted

Learned to drive at 27 (2011)
Actually obtained car at 31 (2015)

I thought it was some kind of heavy spotlight with two handles.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ugh same

Jecro
Sep 30, 2012
I found this in my band library...

Jecro has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Sep 16, 2017

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Imagined posted:

Sometimes my check engine light comes on when the gas cap isn't tight enough.

Yup, that would be code P0455, "gas cap not tight enough"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That french horn is amazing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Neural network Dungeons and Dragons spells.

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/908768999500066818

I'm Remorse?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's nice to see that after all these years Mordenkainen has still got it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Every D&D player actually gets Shield of Farts as a cantrip.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Curse clam is what they used to call my ex.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The marriage equality going on in Australia right now is very much not a Good Thing since it features such rigorously intellectual anti-same sex marriage arguments as "Children might see a picture of gays kissing", "What if a school boy wants to wear a dress?" and "If gays can get married, if I say I'm married people might think I'm a gay?"
Wait, Aus doesn't have gay marriage?

Are you telling me that for once America isn't last in line regarding social rights compared to other first world countries?

Idk if I should be happy or sad but either way my world view is shattered.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

We are full of racist shitheads also!

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
The non-binding postal vote on gay marriage has specially been set up by the "fiscally responsible" conservative government at massive tax payer expense to kick the can down the road. If it's a no vote then they can use that as justification for sitting on their hands. If it's a yes vote but not by a huge margin (this is possible as like the above poster said, this country is full of poo poo-heels) then they can continue to sit on their hands while pointing to the large "no" percentage.

If it's an overwhelming yes vote then they can pass the legislation without pissing off the Australian Christian Lobby too much.

This is not a funny picture, this is a sad, bigoted picture and an example of religion still controlling this world.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Noslo posted:

Wait, Aus doesn't have gay marriage?

Are you telling me that for once America isn't last in line regarding social rights compared to other first world countries?

Idk if I should be happy or sad but either way my world view is shattered.

These posters were put up around Melbourne shortly after the postal survey was announced.

:smith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Breetai posted:

These posters were put up around Melbourne shortly after the postal survey was announced.

For what it's worth, I've never seen those around the city so they probably got torn down just as fast as whatever shitheels put them up :unsmith:.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's just so ridiculous because so many other countries have had marriage equality for a long time now, many for over a decade, and it clearly had no negative effect on society at all. Life kept going just like it always had, except a select group of people were treated more like human beings than they were previously and that's nothing but a good thing.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Breetai posted:

That poster seems to suggest "stop the fags by beating them" until you see the tiny tiny lies at the top.

I wonder if that was intentional.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Memento posted:

I'm Remorse?

Daving Fire this one caught me off guard after loving chorus of dave and storm of the dave

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Pretty sure Date Wards are just DnD books in general! :downsrim:. I couldn't resist the cheap shot.

Also there seems to be a Goatsce spell; "Summon rear end". I can only assume the very skies above are torn assunder by colossal hands, spreading and exposing the colossal majestic horror that is Godsce.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Some of them sound like they could be real D&D spells, like Wall of Distraction or Conjure Bark.

Then there's Storm of the Dave

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also there seems to be a Goatsce spell; "Summon rear end". I can only assume the very skies above are torn assunder by colossal hands, spreading and exposing the colossal majestic horror that is Godsce.

I'm a 12th level Rectalmancer. I walk a dark path amongst the colonic dimensions.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Death of the Sun is a pretty hardcore spell.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Memento posted:

I'm Remorse?

They missed the best one from the actual article 'Dood to Stone'

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

PYF Funny Pictures 2.0: No Goaty Taste!

cnut
May 3, 2016

Zipperelli. posted:

PYF Funny Pictures 2.0: No Goaty Taste!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Fellblade posted:

They missed the best one from the actual article 'Dood to Stone'
Dood to Stone is from the first batch, this is the second batch based on a bigger pool of examples.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Remorse?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Woebin posted:

Dood to Stone is from the first batch, this is the second batch based on a bigger pool of examples.

And they failed to top it. :colbert:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Breakfast Feud posted:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but no, the inspection doesn't test if the light stays on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but no, the inspection doesn't test if the light stays on.