Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TFRazorsaw posted:

also you're an adult and she is not

she's also a serial killer which is probably the more pressing concern

e: specifically the part about how she kills and wears the skin of everyone she falls in love with

TriffTshngo fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

she's also a serial killer which is probably the more pressing concern

e: specifically the part about how she kills and wears the skin of everyone she falls in love with

Speak of which, we ever going to find out what happened to that girl she was impersonating during the Hero Licenses Exam?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

^ She's been missing for 3 weeks (or was it just days?)
I doubt the serial killer that wears people's skin that she's killed has her just nicely tied up or beaten up somewhere.

Also I'm not sure if I should put this in the anime thread or here but I find something hilarious how anime watchers are reacting to Stain.

In-universe it talked about how he had youtube videos made glorifying him and whatnot and it's what attracted Twice and the rest. While I could buy it for a story, I find something just funny about how it's happening on the actual website now that it's aired. My feed seems to have at least 2 videos up at all times talking about how amazing Stain is and how his ideals are fantastic for the setting and whatnot so it just strikes me as amusing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

^ She's been missing for 3 weeks (or was it just days?)
I doubt the serial killer that wears people's skin that she's killed has her just nicely tied up or beaten up somewhere.

Also I'm not sure if I should put this in the anime thread or here but I find something hilarious how anime watchers are reacting to Stain.

In-universe it talked about how he had youtube videos made glorifying him and whatnot and it's what attracted Twice and the rest. While I could buy it for a story, I find something just funny about how it's happening on the actual website now that it's aired. My feed seems to have at least 2 videos up at all times talking about how amazing Stain is and how his ideals are fantastic for the setting and whatnot so it just strikes me as amusing.

The same thing happened with manga readers as well i'm pretty sure.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Will Vigilantes revealing that Stain was a crazy murderer from the start put that to rest? Probably not...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vigilantes had Stain as almost worse than when he was the Hero Killer. It was sorta funny,

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If Toga grabbed Camie solely for the operation -- i.e. business, not pleasure -- she might just be chained to a wall with some blood donation equipment stuck in her arm. Didn't seem like the Camie form lasted all that long.

Knock on wood, I guess?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Poltergrift posted:

If Toga grabbed Camie solely for the operation -- i.e. business, not pleasure -- she might just be chained to a wall with some blood donation equipment stuck in her arm. Didn't seem like the Camie form lasted all that long.

Knock on wood, I guess?

She impersonated Camie for at least 3 days. So that means at minimum she took three cups of blood out of her. (The drinking cup not the unit of measurement.)

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

She impersonated Camie for at least 3 days. So that means at minimum she took three cups of blood out of her. (The drinking cup not the unit of measurement.)

I wonder what happens if someone gets a blood transfusion and then Toga drinks their blood. Does she get a little bit of time available to turn into both of them?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Silver2195 posted:

Will Vigilantes revealing that Stain was a crazy murderer from the start put that to rest? Probably not...
Stain originally started out killing criminals and making zero effort to get recognized for it (specifically hiding his face), then after running into Knuckleduster who is a fellow vigilante he realizes that fake heroes are a problem and his mask is a form of cowardice so he cuts his nose off so he can't wear one anymore and becomes Stain.

Not as good of an origin IMO if he had just started with killing fake heroes after his street preaching failed but better than I was expecting when I realized it was him in Vigilantes.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Knuckleduster's "I never said I couldn't cross the line :confused:" was pretty great.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

MonsterEnvy posted:

I meant more that "three days of pretending to be Camie" doesn't necessarily correspond with 72 hours straight in Camie form -- she might've reverted during her sleep, for example.

Of course, the most likely result is that Camie is super dead, but not confirmed quite yet.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If she us dead, that's going to be kind of funny after all the "they're not going to kill a kid in this manga" arguments from a few pages ago.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Rhonne posted:

If she us dead, that's going to be kind of funny after all the "they're not going to kill a kid in this manga" arguments from a few pages ago.

Killing a character we never actually met, offscreen, is a fair bit different than watching Mirio or Iida or someone get splatted by a villain.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In the truest sense, the real one is a throwaway character.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Dr Subterfuge posted:

That's some bodyhorror poo poo right there good lord. This is going to be good.

Overhaul seems to be gotten increasingly unstable, so it wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't aim his attack very well.

In the tournament Bakugou pointed out/observed that the larger and flashier and more powerful the attack, the harder it becomes to aim, allowing him to dodge Todoroki's ice wave and tunnel through.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JahRoo posted:

Killing a character we never actually met, offscreen, is a fair bit different than watching Mirio or Iida or someone get splatted by a villain.

Yeah, we all know, if it's gonna be anyone, they're going to kill Eraserhead.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Raenir Salazar posted:

In the tournament Bakugou pointed out/observed that the larger and flashier and more powerful the attack, the harder it becomes to aim, allowing him to dodge Todoroki's ice wave and tunnel through.

On the other hand, Overhaul seemed to be pretty accurate with his initial attacks. I think the limiting factor of his quirk might be that it somehow takes a mental toll on him. He's generally pretty calm for a guy obsessed with the idea of being clean, but it seems to get way worse after he uses his power. Merging himself with someone also seems completely at odds with that obsession. It makes it seem like he's losing it.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 14, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh yeah, he is SUPER losing it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm really hoping the offscreening fight is because he wants to save at least one of the big three's power reveals for later on.

And you know, she's the Bleach character so she's gotta have the slowest rear end reveal ever.

(someone is going to tell me we've seen her powers and it's so bad I don't even remember it at all, sigh)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

we already know Nejire's powers. She creates shockwaves.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In fact, we found out 99 pages ago, when she, Froppy and Uravity fought some villains.

This arc has been going on for a while.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Chapter 131

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

that reminds me, doesn't it feel like Hori has eased up on the throttle a bit? everything from the start to All Might vs. All For One felt really fast paced compared to a lot of other manga, while the story in the year since has only covered two arcs, one of which hasn't finished yet.

It's not like, Bleach or Naruto pacing, but it feels a bit less breakneck than it did before.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Dr Subterfuge posted:

On the other hand, Overhaul seemed to be pretty accurate with his initial attacks. I think the limiting factor of his quirk might be that it somehow takes a mental toll on him. He's generally pretty calm for a guy obsessed with the idea of being clean, but it seems to get way worse after he uses his power. Merging himself with someone also seems completely at odds with that obsession. It makes it seem like he's losing it.

Overhaul's Kazilik Bey doesn't really have to be aimed though, just point in a direction and the spikes probably stab something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think I've said it before, but I suspect this arc is partially him stalling for time while he plans out the next one. He's already blazed through a bunch of Shonen plots, and you could arguably end the series after the AFO fight, so he's gotta make sure he keeps his momentum.

Edit: Unrelated thought. I feel like there was a missed opportunity not having Deku's smash versus Muscular be 110,000,000%. Okkusenman is used pretty regularly as a short hand for "infinite", so (hopefully) you'd have fewer people trying to dissect that moment like the name/number was 100% (:j:) literal.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 14, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm gonna say that series tend to slow down once they've established themselves because they don't need to hook the new readers you would in early chapters

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi commented offhand I think somewhere that this particular arc was going to be a long one. Also, he has had the skeleton of the overall story prepared since starting- like I think around AFO vs All Might he said we were ~20% through?

that of course, can always change. MHA hadn't fully exploded then.

Also fanart:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a loving adorable cussing baby.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Speaking of which, I really loved what Rock-Lock's deal turned out to be--that he was a new father feeling protective of the U.A. kids. That one panel gave him a ton of character.

"He's got all of your genes and none of mine!" :unsmith:

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, we all know, if it's gonna be anyone, they're going to kill Eraserhead.

But then who would teach class?!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope whatever the next arc is it deals with the traitor thing because it's bizarre how much of a non-issue it is.

They raised it up, gets mentioned time to time then it just vanished and hasn't been brought up ever again to the point I almost wanna guess the author forgot about it himself.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fractalairduct posted:

But then who would teach class?!

The Principal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Also fanart:

i object
bakumom would not apologise,
she'd say "gently caress yea my boy"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Having watched some of the anime I ploughed through the rest of the manga and I'd like to take a moment to express my love of this series.

I love how it embraces what would be asspulls in other shounen series to drive home what being a hero is meant to be versus how their training is initially presented as working. In something like Naruto where our boy might fail a specified test but get though on some weird technicality because 'Dammit, he had heart!' it's far more believable in this kind of scenario where doing the right thing at cost to ones self is actually the whole point. it dos a great job of keeping Deku as an underdog (early on at least) while having his ability to advance not feel contrived. Whats more is that it doesn't belittle the other characters who don't advance via these methods by making you doubt they'd actually do the 'heroic' thing when in an actual crisis.

As with all shounen the supporting cast is solid (minus a certain creep who... well you guys have talked him to death) and I'm glad Kirashima has been getting a decent share of the spot light in this latest arc (though I'd gladly trade him for Mina, Tokoyami or Jiro). I just hope 1-A don't all get Picolo'd. So far though it seems like they're keeping up decently and it's nice that if only in brief moments some have been able to shine just as brightly as the main kids. (I'm thinking Tokoyami destroying Moonfish in seconds or even just Shouji or Sero having vital if understated roles in some of the victories.) I feel bad for Hakagure and Kouda though. So far they seem to be the most left behind with only a few panels each showing their power or having any kind of notable moment. And this is without talking about those outside the 1-A kids. Shout out to Fat Gum, #1 with a gum.

There have been so many moments in which this series has taken me out of my more cynical late-20's self and back into ultra hyped 12 year old self, slapping my thigh and smiling like an idiot. Probably the best being when Bakugou got kidnapped and of doing an Sasuke and joining the darkside just tells them to gently caress off. It would have been easy if out of character to have him join them and I was slightly expecting it to happen but I was so glad he stayed well and truly in character.

There's more I'm sure I wanted to say but for now, gently caress yeah, Boku no Hero. Really glad I finally got on board with it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Been thinking a lot lately about AfO putting together a punch of Quirks to make a huge shockwave and All Might cancelling it out with sheer punch power and how loving dope that is.

Also Mirio is a perfect boy

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Popo posted:

I feel bad for Hakagure and Kouda though. So far they seem to be the most left behind with only a few panels each showing their power or having any kind of notable moment.

It's entirely possible that Hakagure has made an appearance in every panel of the story. We'll just have to wait for confirmation by Horikoshi in his end-of-series epilogue write-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

JosephWongKS posted:

It's entirely possible that Hakagure has made an appearance in every panel of the story. We'll just have to wait for confirmation by Horikoshi in his end-of-series epilogue write-up.

Only if he draws Mineta's aneurysm at the implications