Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

The Sex Cannon posted:

I feel that Morty being a solid 25% of your list in a 2000 pt game is appropriate for a Demon Primarch.

I do too, but I am glad the point value has convinced me to put him off for now. If he was sub 400 I would have had to go for it. Thankful $140 buys a lot of other Nurgley minions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Genghis Cohen posted:

I have to say they're doing interesting things with this release, I was impressed by the sheer number of new characters. They've been quite ruthless is pruning out older 'conventional' CSM options from the list though. I think my Nurgle-playing mate will be a bit peeved that to get the full/real benefits of his chosen specialty, he will need to stop using his vindicators, heldrakes, bikes and raptors!

It's not an amazing consoloation prize, but he doesn't have to--he can run them as a separate, Nurgle-aligned detachment. They won't be as resilient but they'll work well enough. It's not like Heldrakes and Bikes would have benefit from DG chapter tactics anyways--they aren't infantry or Helbrutes.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Citadel Paint App is up in the stores (for Apple at least).

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

Citadel Paint App is up in the stores (for Apple at least).

It's in the play store as well for those of us with androids.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Where's my windows phone app

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Where's my windows phone app

lol

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Heads up though, if you don't accept notifications it disqualifies you from the competition. So does uninstalling.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Hm, doesn't seem to be up yet on the play store for me in the EU. Or I must be searching incorrectly even if I use citadel and games workshop.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Search for "The Citadel Paint App".

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

PantsOptional posted:

Heads up though, if you don't accept notifications it disqualifies you from the competition. So does uninstalling.

What if you get the popup notification while you're pressing the home button and when you come back to the app it never asks you again? It turns off notifications by default in Settings if you don't accept and I turned them back on but but but :ohdear:

Thanks, Tim! :argh:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

PantsOptional posted:

What competition?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What competition?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/15/the-citadel-paint-app-available-tomorrowgw-homepage-post-1/

They're giving away every paint in the Base/Shade/Layer range once per day next week.

I also initially turned off notifications but then turned them back on. I think it might be fine despite them saying that disqualifies you, as the notification is how they tell you that you've won. I'm pretty sure they can't track who has notifications enabled, or at least aren't savvy enough to bother.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Search for "The Citadel Paint App".

Apparently its called Citadel Paint: The App in this case. Found it that way though but far lower in the search results that I had initially thought.

drat, the section about bases is really nice. Might actually change how I do the blighted tundra bases for the Wolves I'm working on now and give me some ideas for bases for the 1k sons I need to do as well.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 16, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

PantsOptional posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/15/the-citadel-paint-app-available-tomorrowgw-homepage-post-1/

They're giving away every paint in the Base/Shade/Layer range once per day next week.

I also initially turned off notifications but then turned them back on. I think it might be fine despite them saying that disqualifies you, as the notification is how they tell you that you've won. I'm pretty sure they can't track who has notifications enabled, or at least aren't savvy enough to bother.

Oh. Meh. Not worth whatever privacy-violating shenanigans they'll want to pull off.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It literally doesn't want any permission but notifications. Seems about as safe as you can get.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
If only I could get them to put a set of paint in dropper bottles if I won. Otherwise it's not worth it.

Hell... I'd settle for just a dozen or two pots of Ulthuan Grey in dropper bottles.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Do any modeling companies make kits where everything on a model's body is separate, including the individual legs? I just want to have some spare bits around for conversions, but I also want to make some nice dioramas for non-hamslam purposes

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

goose willis posted:

Do any modeling companies make kits where everything on a model's body is separate, including the individual legs? I just want to have some spare bits around for conversions, but I also want to make some nice dioramas for non-hamslam purposes

The Malifaux Into the breach kits are larger, but have mostly separate legs. and feet... loving feet.

They're basically a nightmare jigsaw puzzle to put together really.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Any guide out there on how to magnetize mortarion's wings? I'm not magnet guru, but I don't see an easy way with how the join section is setup.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

PantsOptional posted:

I didn't even notice anything about Notifications - are only people on iPhone getting that, or is it an Android thing too? The app seems decent but I'm sure as hell installing mostly for the competition

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Scowny posted:

I didn't even notice anything about Notifications - are only people on iPhone getting that, or is it an Android thing too? The app seems decent but I'm sure as hell installing mostly for the competition

The only one I've had on Android is when using the Camera feature to take a picture to colour match, then it asks for permission to use camera. It follows that with a crash :v:

Also my new favourite colour (Thousand Sons Blue) is missing from the app for some reason.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
drat all of you, especially. I blame this thread. Painted my first miniature in ~20 years. Realised I'd not thinned my paints enough, but otherwise okay with the outcome:

E: Still needs a whole layer of highlights, but I don't own a bunch of colours I need.(especially a highlight gold/silver)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

richyp posted:

The only one I've had on Android is when using the Camera feature to take a picture to colour match, then it asks for permission to use camera. It follows that with a crash :v:

Also my new favourite colour (Thousand Sons Blue) is missing from the app for some reason.

Amusingly the Thousand Sons dude on the app is not painted with Thousand Sons Blue.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Corrode posted:

Amusingly the Thousand Sons dude on the app is not painted with Thousand Sons Blue.

I think it's a relatively new colour, and the painting guides are probably from various older sources since the death of the old range of paints.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
It didnt ask me for any permissions. How will i know if notifications work and if im qualified?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Geoff Zahn posted:

It didnt ask me for any permissions. How will i know if notifications work and if im qualified?

I was mostly joking about my specific experience but about the only thing we can do is enable communication for the app. Presumably your contact info is gathered from the app store and you will be contacted via that method.

They did not communicate the process very well; information should probably be put up in their site/on the app about it.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

richyp posted:

I think it's a relatively new colour, and the painting guides are probably from various older sources since the death of the old range of paints.

Yeah I know the real reason, but it's funny to consider.

Moving away from 1K Sons, I'm considering the below for 2k:

Pedro
LT
3x rifledreads
3x assbacks

Celestine
2x Primaris Psykers

2x Tempestor Primes
Commissar
2x Tempestor Commands, 4x plas
2x Scions, 2x plas
35 Scripts
Manticore
2x Basilisks

Any glaring holes in this? I feel like I'm a little light on high strength/AP compared to my Predator list, but the drop plasmas should make up for it.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Painted another thing.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

snap

Yours is way cleaner than mine (I also just noticed whatever that weird lump is on my Celestine's sword and am now fixing it). Great job on the birds too.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Uroboros posted:

Painted another thing.

I really like how this turned out. Her head in general looks great- the flesh tone, the glow around the eyes and the edge highlighting on the hair all look incredible.

The wing symbol on her left pauldron look a little unfinished to me though- I feel like it could use a wash of nuln oil or something to bring out the feathers a bit more.

Corrode posted:

snap

Yours is way cleaner than mine (I also just noticed whatever that weird lump is on my Celestine's sword and am now fixing it). Great job on the birds too.

Celestine looks incredibly rad in black. Really digging the alternate color scheme.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Made a new test model for the White Scars- this time pinning them to the base (thank you SRM)

I'm not sure if I like the chipped/battle worn look or a more clean one.

Thoughts?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

Celestine looks incredibly rad in black. Really digging the alternate color scheme.

Thanks! I wish I could say it was an artistic choice but really I just suck at painting metallics well.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

New badcast is a goodlisten. That was the best 40k fanfic yet, a more vivid deviantart word picture has never been painted.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
And here's launch info.

Nurgle's fatboys are $60 each and sadly seem rather mono-built. New Admech forge worlds are -1 to hit outside of 12 inches and reroll wound rolls of 1.

Also, for an intro game, is adding a Primaris Lieutenant and a Plaguecaster to the First Strike box too much, or is it the right amount of spice? If I do that, is gun-lieutenant or sword-lieutenant less centralizing?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How does a hit with a frag grenade work? Do I roll to-hit once and then roll a d6, or do I just roll a d6 and that's how many hits I get?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
You roll a d6, that's how many shots you get. You then roll to hit with that many shots.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

SteelMentor posted:

You roll a d6, that's how many shots you get. You then roll to hit with that many shots.

With this being the reason why blast weapons kinda suck in this edition.

If it worked the way Goose suggested it, how much better would frag grenades, Battle Cannons, etc. be?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah I dunno that seems a little counter-intuitive

Like isn't the d6 supposed to measure where the grenade landed, replacing the old blast templates?

You're then rolling to see whether each fragment that hit managed to hit?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Shocking news, noted critic Goose Willis does not know wot of the basic game mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Clear Space Marine bias, as every Space Marine has Frag Grenades.