Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

in morrowind the redguards, the only black race, have an ability called adrenaline boost that gives a bonus to their strength and athleticism

That's just kind of nasty intersection of gameplay mechanics and real world stereotypes. The Redguards are one of the warrior biased races so they get lower intelligence and boosts that help in combat. The super Aryan Nords are also warrior based, so they get the same low intelligence and magic protective Woad I think.

I defend Bethesda on this because they're one of the few companies that even acknowledged black people exist. They even centered one of their games around a black character, something that I seriously can't think of another example of in fantasy games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Trump - the first white president?

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/10/the-first-white-president-ta-nehisi-coates/537909/

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

He lays his reasoning out pretty well - basically, Trump was the first president to enter office entirely due to white supremacy, as a racist repudiation of the first black president.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I was confused by the title too but it's extremely well explained.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

It's a modern masterpiece and should be required reading in high schools and colleges for years to come. Hell it should probably be in the OP here.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I read the title as a really dark joke playing on how Bill Clinton was called "the first black president."

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

sean10mm posted:

I read the title as a really dark joke playing on how Bill Clinton was called "the first black president."

Me too, and considering Coates' sense of humor I'm certain that was intentional.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

Is it a dark joke when it's a totally apt parallel to what made Clinton 'the first black president'?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

This probably isn't the best place for it but I don't know where else to go.

I was in a car wreck the other night where a drunk driver ran a red light and ran me off the road into a pole. My car is done. This wouldn't be so bad except I drive for Uber and have no income now.

I am trying to raise the 1000 bucks for my deductible through uber and if any of you can help I would appreciate it. I cannot make a living without getting the car repaired.

http://paypal.me/mikesherman1082

Any amount can help and if anyone knows of any resources please let me know

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

gently caress that's really lovely. I'm broke af at but I hope you can scrape that together. If you want I can try to reach out to some people tho

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Koalas March posted:

gently caress that's really lovely. I'm broke af at but I hope you can scrape that together. If you want I can try to reach out to some people tho

I would appreciate it.

I am currently between apartments thanks to a run in with a bad living situation so the only way I have been living is paying for a weekly hotel and living paycheck to paycheck with uber supplementing. Without uber I am going to run out of funds soon and will be out in these streets, which will in turn lose me my job. So any help I can get I appreciate. If I can raise 1000 I can get the car fixed and be back in business.

I set up a GoFundMe as well:

https://www.gofundme.com/4fsx3u8

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Keep me up to date on how it goes and if you need a bit more.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Yo if that was you I am crying right now thank you so much. Now I just got to get 200 more and I'll be back on the road next week.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yo if that was you I am crying right now thank you so much. Now I just got to get 200 more and I'll be back on the road next week.

Not making it is not a possibility, just keep me in touch.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
We broke AF right now but I still tossed what I could your way.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Fluffdaddy posted:

I would appreciate it.

I am currently between apartments thanks to a run in with a bad living situation so the only way I have been living is paying for a weekly hotel and living paycheck to paycheck with uber supplementing. Without uber I am going to run out of funds soon and will be out in these streets, which will in turn lose me my job. So any help I can get I appreciate. If I can raise 1000 I can get the car fixed and be back in business.

I set up a GoFundMe as well:

https://www.gofundme.com/4fsx3u8

*looks at thread title*

:thunk:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

*looks at thread title*

:thunk:

Out with ye

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am a poor rear end negro who was here since the jump but sure random guy.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Sorry

This is my first time in this thread and I thought all the posts were trolling

I see now that y'all are serious

my bad :smugdon:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Get out.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

Sorry

This is my first time in this thread and I thought all the posts were trolling

I see now that y'all are serious

my bad :smugdon:

You are so full of poo poo, I'm weighing the option of sticking your metaphorical head on a pike as a warning to the rest of your ilk.

I've worked hard, consistently, even when it seems like I've vanished to ensure that TGRS is a place where PoC, women, lgbt+ people and everyone in between can post without the hostility that lurks everywhere else on internet. I have tried to go to lengths to do anything I can to address the concerns or needs of any poster in good standing with me. I have made mistakes, offered apologies, accepted apologies and continued conversations long after they've appeared to be over in order to work stuff out and keep things running smoothly. I am under no illusion that I was given this forum by Lowtax as anything other than a containment zone, and I'm fine with that. I have been a target, and I'm happy to be so, as long as it takes the heat off of the regulars here. I have made peace and reached understandings and decent (if not good) relationships with posters who have said some really fuked poo poo to me and vice versa.

I am not talking out my rear end when I say that I care about my posters just as much, if not more, than any other mod or admin here. I am not trying to throw anyone else on the bus, I'd like to think I have a good relationship with the other mods and admins, and no one knows what happens behinds the scenes.. but that is exactly my point. Many times I have offered to lend a ear to anyone. I have offered financial assistance to multiple posters, uber rides to doctor's appointments etc when I was able to do so. I have been grateful to receive support emotionally (and help with scripts, job searching etc). I know how much that means when you are struggling, especially as a minority who is often on the end of internet vitriol. I have been there, I have felt it and I still do.

If you are a poster in good standing in TGRS, (or even D&D most times) I will fight for you. I have got your back. In return, I do not ask for loyalty, but a little respect. You post lacked that respect that I am asking for.

Kimsemus, you think you can come here and act like you were joking around? Maybe you really didn't know where the gently caress you were posting.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
https://youtu.be/pXhKzY0BKwY

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Blade was such a good movie and it's a crime that Wesley didn't more work

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

AggressivelyStupid posted:

He is impossible to work with and as someone who smokes weed every single day all the time his marijuana use might actually be abuse if even half the stories are true. People claim you can smell him from city blocks away and he can't remember notes or blocking from scene to scene.

You know how bloodshot his eyes are in those movies, yeah that's not a special effect.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bust Rodd posted:

He is impossible to work with and as someone who smokes weed every single day all the time his marijuana use might actually be abuse if even half the stories are true. People claim you can smell him from city blocks away and he can't remember notes or blocking from scene to scene.

You know how bloodshot his eyes are in those movies, yeah that's not a special effect.

It's also pretty sad that he got taken for a ride with that Sovereign Citizen horseshit.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Crain posted:

It's also pretty sad that he got taken for a ride with that Sovereign Citizen horseshit.

A weird amount of black men (usually hoteps and ankhs) buy into that poo poo. Which is weird because a lot of sovcits seem super racist to me.

Also the poo poo that's gone down on the Blade sets is Hollywoo legend at this point. I suggest trying to find some clips of Kevin Smith or Patton Oswald talking about it. It's hilarious and insane.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Last I heard Marvel offered him Blade back as a part of a reboot in the current cinematic universe and wanted to let him lead in all the weird supernatural Marvel universe stuff a la the Netflix series and the Defenders. Maybe they axed that?

Also I'm sorry Fluffdaddy, I would donate but I am presently unemployed.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The stuff I could find all came from Blade 3, which like the Godfather 3 doesn't exist.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Fluffdaddy posted:

I was in a car wreck the other night where a drunk driver ran a red light and ran me off the road into a pole. My car is done. This wouldn't be so bad except I drive for Uber and have no income now.

I am trying to raise the 1000 bucks for my deductible through uber and if any of you can help I would appreciate it. I cannot make a living without getting the car repaired.

Was this in a commercial area? It might be too late but if it was then you might be able to get some help from any business in the area with security cameras.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Koalas March posted:

A weird amount of black men (usually hoteps and ankhs) buy into that poo poo. Which is weird because a lot of sovcits seem super racist to me.

Also the poo poo that's gone down on the Blade sets is Hollywoo legend at this point. I suggest trying to find some clips of Kevin Smith or Patton Oswald talking about it. It's hilarious and insane.

I'm really surprised to hear that. I had always assumed the SovCit thing tended to be :tinfoil: redneck white guys.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Taerkar posted:

Was this in a commercial area? It might be too late but if it was then you might be able to get some help from any business in the area with security cameras.

It was under the overpass so no cameras.

Get this poo poo though: so the kill switch in the car went off cause of the impact . Dude walked up in a mechanics uniform and was like "hey, let me get it reset for you" he did and I moved it out of the road. He then starts demanding payment from me and my uber passengers. I was still in shock and just took an airbag to the chest and this rear end in a top hat was demanding money. Luckily the passengers ran him off.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fluffdaddy posted:

hey bud, i dont...have a lot, but I gave you what I could

good luck, hope you get your car fixed

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Fluffdaddy posted:

Sent you something, and if you want an av cert to fix the redtext someone gave you, post an email address to send it to.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Nah the red text is whatever lol. Thanks a lot!

Edit: I didn't even notice until right now. The people here making my life better outweigh the one guy who is irl mad and giving red text to everyone who posts here

Fluffdaddy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 16, 2017

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Panfilo posted:

I'm really surprised to hear that. I had always assumed the SovCit thing tended to be :tinfoil: redneck white guys.

I think it's partly a toxic masculinity thing (nobody tells me what to do!!!!) and from what I've read of hoteps in this thread they're all wrapped up in that.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

Edit: I didn't even notice until right now. The people here making my life better outweigh the one guy who is irl mad and giving red text to everyone who posts here

I can try to get it changed if you want

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fluffdaddy posted:

as someone who has had a lot of avatars bought for me, it just means you are doing something right I think

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Koalas March posted:

I can try to get it changed if you want

I'm alright with it. It seems like I am supposed to be mad about mr popo I think?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you also got the very relevant / timely and definitely funny "OVER 9000" meme on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

eonwe posted:

you also got the very relevant / timely and definitely funny "OVER 9000" meme on there

I hope FD raises 9k just to spite that jerk lmao

• Locked thread