Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:May judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

A good limited, almost monochromatic, palette on these guys. The colors are bleak but distinct. Very nice.

Second place, 2 points: Yeast

A good rat, good highlights and good cloth. A really good piece.

First place, 3 points: Red Shoe

The green metal and very dark recesses gives it an almost cartoonish and strange look that I really like.

Bonus, 1 point: Dr. Gargunza

This fat jumpjet guy makes me laugh.

:burger:June judgement!:burger:

Third place, 1 point: Zuul the Cat

Nice red and yellow. The turquoise on the hammer gives a nice focal point other than the banner.

Second place, 2 points: Booley

Good red, good yellow and good black. I love these guys.

First place, 3 points: Signal

This is a crisp as gently caress paintjob. Really nice blending on the sword, and great highlights all around.

Bonus, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

You designed and painted this and that's worth a bonus point in my book.

:siren:July judgement!:siren:

Third place, 1 point: The Moon Monster

The rainbow colored light effect is really nice.

Second place, 2 points: Red Shoe

Nice cloth, I especially like the white cape. It's a nice desaturated colorscheme that fits well into the game.

First place, 3 points: Dr. Gargunza

You've got some nice giants here. Very clean, and the colored metals and blue-greens brings some very nice and subtle color contrast to the figures.

Bonus, 1 point: Booley

The shininess is off the charts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I Chiwie, Oath 6 Bigly Marines made by Games Workshop.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo posted:

:burger:June judgement!:burger:

Third place, 1 point: Zuul the Cat

Nice red and yellow. The turquoise on the hammer gives a nice focal point other than the banner.

Thanks for the love! I haven't oathed anything in months despite painting up a ton of stuff. I'll oath some stuff tonight or tomorrow to get back into the swing of things.

I, Zuul the Cat, hereby oath to paint up these 5 Sisters of Silence (Primed Mechanicus Standard Grey).

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 7, 2017

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For September I, Galaspar, oath two Orlock Juves, a Leader and a Heavy (GW Necromunda 28mm)

The juves have sat in my bitz box for a good twenty years, the heavy was part of an awesome TG Secret Santa haul, and the leader is a kitbash for the monthly challenge.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Addition:
8 DOOM Posessed Marines

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Hi everybody! New judge introducing myself with May Judgements!

Third place: Dr Gargunza

Love this fat Yuan Yuan.

Second place: Red Shoe

Great color palette on all your pieces.

First place: Yeast

This is just gorgeous. Good blending, the greens look wonderful and really stand out well.

Bonus point! Dr. Phildo

Good clean whites, looking nicely Stormtroopery!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the month of September

• 3 Hultr Halftracks, 1 Jotunn Pattern Weapons Platform, and 1 Urban Demolisher Pattern Weapons Platform for my Forge Fathers by Mantic (28mm)
  • 1 custom Red Goblin Blaster comprised of a Goblin Spitter from Mantic (28mm), a Hand Cart from Warbases (28mm), and 6 German bombs from Shapeways (1/144)

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
(Thanks for the votes, judges! You guys are the best! :) )

Okay, so it's After Conversion Pics time:

To the Wight King, I've added: the Bones staff in place of his sword; a GW Empire Flagellant book (with greenstuff press-mold skull); Halbarand's left arm to hold the book; just, like, a ton of thinned liquid greenstuff to hide glue marks/gaps/errors and add a softer texture to some surfaces.
To Ingrid, I've made these changes: removed her sword and scabbard; added Halbarand's hammer; added a greenstuff layer of chainmail and cloth to her rear skirt where the scabbard used to be.
(Halbarand is included in these shots to show how much I chopped off of him to add to the models I'm actually working on. His sacrifice will be noted.)

For comparison, here are the Before pics.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I, Dr. Gargunza, oath for September to assemble and paint a couple of Frankenstein's-monster-style amalgams of the following: (1) Wight King; (1) Halbarad, Cleric; (1) Ingrid; (1) staff with some kind of wing-headed skull device!

All 28mm heroic scale. The Wight King is GW, the priest and viking are Reaper Bones, and the staff is from Reaper's Bones 3 plastic weapons pack.
I've obviously already been doing some work on conversion, but here's the staff on sprue:

There's a chance I might want to add a book from GW's Empire Flagellants kit to the Wight King, so here's a picture featuring that:

And since I've removed the sword and shield from the Wight King, here's me showing my work:

This is what the Wight King looks like unaltered:

"After" pics coming as soon as I finish assembly (and repair the staff, which I managed to snap off not five minutes after taking my oath pic, rassum frassum....)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren:A couple of announcements!:siren:

Firstly, welcome to our third Judge, Signal, who has kindly stepped forward to give people bonus points.

Secondly, krushgroove has finally passed his roll to escape from being lost in time and space and is back on with processing the grab bags from S6 and S7. There will also be some bigger things in the offering for the grand prizes for those seasons, which include some springer pinsel brush packs and MDF stuff from TTCombat and Wargames Tournaments (still being sorted through) - some people may already have messages from him. Once those are sorted out we'll see if anything's left and possibly see about adding some kind of prize pool for S8.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, oath for the month of September: 1 converted Hunter (arm swap on a charger chasis) for warmachine from Privateer Press, and from steamforge games for the dark souls game 1 winged knight, 3 silver knight swordsmen, 2 large hollow soldiers, and 2 sentinels.

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath for the month of September one Hawk Wargames PHR battlecruiser (1:9150, resin, Dropfleet Commander).

As per previous discussion, I'm going to claim The Chop Shop because I drilled into it to magnetize the upper weapons bays.

(There's two more of those.)

Grey Hunter posted:

I Grey, Hunter, Oath 1 Basilisk Battle cruiser, 1 Hydra Carrier, 1 Chimera Troop ship, 1 Space station and 6 Gargoyles - all 1:9150 scale by Hawk Wargames.

Takuan posted:

I Takuan, Oath for September 5 DOOM Imps from Fantasy Flight Games

Lord Hypnostache posted:

After failing last months oath, I'll be oathing a more reasonable bunch of minis this month.

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 4 Orcs and Undying Lords Dwarf and Minotaur. 28mm Reaper Bones.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these duders for September!

Venin, Vitriol, Compound, Calculus, and Crucible, all from Steamforged Games' Guild Ball - Alchemists' Guild (30mm base)

I don't think I'm going to be doing any converting with these guys, because I fail at theme. Maybe something else if I get them done early enough.

Chiwie posted:

I Chiwie, Oath 6 Bigly Marines made by Games Workshop.

Zuul the Cat posted:

Thanks for the love! I haven't oathed anything in months despite painting up a ton of stuff. I'll oath some stuff tonight or tomorrow to get back into the swing of things.

I, Zuul the Cat, hereby oath to paint up these 5 Sisters of Silence (Primed Mechanicus Standard Grey).

Galaspar posted:

For September I, Galaspar, oath two Orlock Juves, a Leader and a Heavy (GW Necromunda 28mm)

The juves have sat in my bitz box for a good twenty years, the heavy was part of an awesome TG Secret Santa haul, and the leader is a kitbash for the monthly challenge.

Takuan posted:

Oath Addition:
8 DOOM Posessed Marines

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the month of September

• 3 Hultr Halftracks, 1 Jotunn Pattern Weapons Platform, and 1 Urban Demolisher Pattern Weapons Platform for my Forge Fathers by Mantic (28mm)
  • 1 custom Red Goblin Blaster comprised of a Goblin Spitter from Mantic (28mm), a Hand Cart from Warbases (28mm), and 6 German bombs from Shapeways (1/144)

Approved!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby oath to paint the new Caledonia Starter Box from Corvus Belli (Infinity)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

June Judgement!

Third Place: The One-Two Punch

Second Place: Booley

First Place: Red Shoe

Bonus Point: With a Rebel Yell she QQd

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath one GW 28mm Ork Deathkopta for September

It has been converted to add a chainsaw to the front; I have no idea if that is still a thing in the current game, but by god I had an idea when it was and I'm following through with it anyway!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH ADDITION
Adding in this, the Siege Animantarax for Privateer Press's Hordes. Affectionately known as the "Derp Turtle." I've replaced the head with a less derpy looking one, and repositioned two of the legs so it looks a bit more dynamic and less like a piece of furniture. I also have the forecastle and the tower in back set in with pins so they can be removed for easier storage.

Here's the factory default model. Super derpy. I have the dudes that are standing on the thing but haven't assembled them yet. Maybe they'll make it by the end of the month, maybe not. Who can say?

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these duders for September!

Venin, Vitriol, Compound, Calculus, and Crucible, all from Steamforged Games' Guild Ball - Alchemists' Guild (30mm base)

I don't think I'm going to be doing any converting with these guys, because I fail at theme. Maybe something else if I get them done early enough.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Progress shot:

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 Oath this Soldier/Knight guy and Troll, both by Reaper for the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oathing a Bandersnatch. This is a Neverborn faction model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux line.

For the jurnal, I have switched the miner's arm with one of the Bandersnatch's, which will be covered in a little story qualifying for Stay a while and listen!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

Bloaty the Bloat-Fiend was a blast to paint.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Hahaha, that googly-eye is awesome!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby oath to paint the new Caledonia Starter Box from Corvus Belli (Infinity)

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one GW 28mm Ork Deathkopta for September

It has been converted to add a chainsaw to the front; I have no idea if that is still a thing in the current game, but by god I had an idea when it was and I'm following through with it anyway!

head58 posted:

OATH ADDITION
Adding in this, the Siege Animantarax for Privateer Press's Hordes. Affectionately known as the "Derp Turtle." I've replaced the head with a less derpy looking one, and repositioned two of the legs so it looks a bit more dynamic and less like a piece of furniture. I also have the forecastle and the tower in back set in with pins so they can be removed for easier storage.

Here's the factory default model. Super derpy. I have the dudes that are standing on the thing but haven't assembled them yet. Maybe they'll make it by the end of the month, maybe not. Who can say?

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 Oath this Soldier/Knight guy and Troll, both by Reaper for the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oathing a Bandersnatch. This is a Neverborn faction model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux line.

For the jurnal, I have switched the miner's arm with one of the Bandersnatch's, which will be covered in a little story qualifying for Stay a while and listen!

Approved!

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide, Oath a Toad Friar and Fox Rogue from Darksword Miniatures, and one very heavily converted Skaven Plague priest based off an old Chaos Sorcerer Body for September

The base model the conversion is made from. Rest is random bits and greenstuff.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I, Booley, oath 1 GW contemptor dread for September

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, an Abandoned Apartment, 35mm scale, by TTCombat.

The bag of MDF has been primed grey in case you think it is weird looking wood.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath this custom Genestealer Cult Primus and box of junk :

The junk is plastic food containers and bottlecaps. The Primus is made from two different Chaos Cultist leaders, and old Tyranid Warrior bonesword, the Cult upgrade sprue, and a Space Marine pistol.

(He looks different colors because of the filler putty and the one sword had already been primed black.)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Oath some scratchbuilt markers for Arena Rex

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
I was within spitting distance of finishing my oath last month but then got super-busy. It's done though! New oath to follow in a separate post to keep bookkeeping easy.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
September oath! Father Lucien, a Druze Shock Troop, and a Warcor.
Corvus Belli

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 20 Night Goblin Spearmen by GW. I found two old "Battle for Skull Pass" learn to paint sets on clearance on my FLGS so I picked these guys up. The brushes were ok, and several of the paints did survive the last decade plus without hardening.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

Have some poor photos, I don't have time for anything better.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2017

1 Converted Nazdreg
1 Weirdboy and Minderz
1 Night Goblin
1 Squig Catapult
4 Power Armoured Orks

Mostly GW, the power armoured Orks are Knightmare Miniatures

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, Oath a Toad Friar and Fox Rogue from Darksword Miniatures, and one very heavily converted Skaven Plague priest based off an old Chaos Sorcerer Body for September

The base model the conversion is made from. Rest is random bits and greenstuff.

Booley posted:

I, Booley, oath 1 GW contemptor dread for September

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, an Abandoned Apartment, 35mm scale, by TTCombat.

The bag of MDF has been primed grey in case you think it is weird looking wood.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath this custom Genestealer Cult Primus and box of junk :

The junk is plastic food containers and bottlecaps. The Primus is made from two different Chaos Cultist leaders, and old Tyranid Warrior bonesword, the Cult upgrade sprue, and a Space Marine pistol.

(He looks different colors because of the filler putty and the one sword had already been primed black.)

Signal posted:

I Oath some scratchbuilt markers for Arena Rex

Red Shoe posted:

September oath! Father Lucien, a Druze Shock Troop, and a Warcor.
Corvus Belli

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath 20 Night Goblin Spearmen by GW. I found two old "Battle for Skull Pass" learn to paint sets on clearance on my FLGS so I picked these guys up. The brushes were ok, and several of the paints did survive the last decade plus without hardening.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2017

1 Converted Nazdreg
1 Weirdboy and Minderz
1 Night Goblin
1 Squig Catapult
4 Power Armoured Orks

Mostly GW, the power armoured Orks are Knightmare Miniatures

Approved!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm going the distance

I'm going for speed

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 Kukulkani Honor Guard by Dark Age for the month of September

Just realized I hadn't oathed any of the stuff I had been painting this month.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

I'm going the distance

I'm going for speed

Because I'm racing, and pacing, and plotting the course

I'm fighting, and biting, and riding on this horse

I'm going the distance

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Completed my Journal by scratchbuilding, and Get the Crystal for making some posts to chain up people for Arena Rex!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:scrunt: Oath Complete! :scrunt:

The vehicles probably need another go with the matt spray, but I'm weekend road tripping to Melbourne for the AFL grand final starting early tomorrow morning, so that'll have to wait for another time

Claiming chop shop for my custom Red Goblin Blaster made from twine, a warbases MDF cart, some shapeways bombs, and a mantic goblin that I also cut one half of the bow from to turn it into the fuse lighter.

Also claiming Need 4 Speed with the blaster per this post

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath these nine models

So these are Corvus Belli 28mm models, a Doctor Worm and two nurse worms, Yuriko Oda, two Kempeitai, and three Zanshi.

The Zanshi are getting puffy pants, and magically have turned into Keisotsu, because all Japanese people in the Infinity universe wear hakama, at all times, under pain of death.

They ordinarily look like this:

Oath Complete

Claiming this month's journal challenge for making pants out of green stuff.

Close up so you can see how chunky my paints are and how bad I am at faces.

I do like how this one turned out, though.

Veiny.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I ,Raphus C, oath one stormboy for September:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Arg I JUST put together a conversion thinking next month was conversion month >.<

*tries to work out if he can finish it in the around a day between now and when painting time elapses*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

The only conversion is my terrible rocket pack and panel on his chest. E-bay'd 5 bodies without the GW backpacks.

• Locked thread