Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You'd have to have a pretty specific loadout for that, wouldn't you?

Not really. I can kill him on adv or whatever the second level is just by autoing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Nuebot posted:

Also I really wish Gumi would stop giving us so many useless pots

Gumi do not listen to this man please give us all the pots

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

beergod posted:

Not really. I can kill him on adv or whatever the second level is just by autoing

I assumed you were talking about a macro to get you through ELT.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
I just pulled a Wilhelm. He's good right?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

beergod posted:

I just pulled a Wilhelm. He's good right?

Very good. Best tank, though he won't see use in some events due to lack of an AOE protect skill so you'll still want to level WoL or Veritas of the Earth.

Also this event sucks because RNG says you occasionally need to make the battle take 3 extra turns. Longer if you aren't lucky enough to have good units, though a couple well equipped Agrias should be ok.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Sep 16, 2017

Azure
Oct 30, 2010
Not sure if it's a bug, but there's two free summon on the standard tab?

Not that I'm complaining for free rolls.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Azure posted:

Yeah, seems like a bug because both banners have the same description and start/end date.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Victis posted:

This raid is pretty easy especially after Agrias enhancements; you can just chain with your friends list if you have to.

I'm not sure what the complaint about RNG is at all, besides the boss dying on turn 2-3 or 4-5 since I'm just picking random DPS friends

The biggest timesink was WoL countering too much before I took his Black Belt off

I mean, I'll agree with that myself. The only RNG is if he goes into "you can murder him" mode first or "mages can murder him" mode.

It's just, as I said, a slog, especially if you don't have a bunch of BIS poo poo or Orlandu/+2 Agrias/Fryevia.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Azure posted:

Not seeing it. Hope you got two!

KataraniSword posted:

It's just, as I said, a slog, especially if you don't have a bunch of BIS poo poo or Orlandu/+2 Agrias/Fryevia.

Can Orlandeu chain well with Fryevia?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Not seeing it. Hope you got two!

Can Orlandeu chain well with Fryevia?

Sssssort of. The first use works okay since they share the wonky DR frames, but Fryevia's second use overlaps her first whereas Orlandu/DV's second use has a bit of lag, so the chain breaks.

On the flipside, Fryevia does hybrid damage, so there's never a time she can't hurt Shadowlord. So it's kind of a wash. She chips away when he's weak to magic but she doesn't help the chain as well when he's weak to phys.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I had a blue to gold to rainbow and pulled Prishe. She's a drat weird combo monk unit with some strange stuff, but her big deal is that she can cast a three turn AOE auto-revive (Rikku's LB) with a two turn set up. If anybody wants me to host her for something let me know, I have no idea what she would be useful for. Tell me how you want her geared, I can go tank build or ATK.

Why the he'll couldn't this have waited till the drat Ayaka banner!!! :argh:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
These daily free pulls will slake my pull thirst somewhat, while allowing me to build up Lapis for future disappointments.

Craftables:

The beret is good. The light armor is good. The gorget is amazing. The gun and dart are the best non-TM gun and dart. The spear might be good, someone else will have to math it out. The dagger is a must have, at last I can forget about not having picked up Survival Edges!

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Two questions,

one, would it be more useful to have my 750 atk dark veritas as my leader during this event, or my 720 OK w his TM sword ? I know DV absorbs dark damage but onion cutter is absurd.

two, am I going to hit a point soon where I dont have near infinite lapis by just doing story for a while? Im in mysidia or whatever now and actually died to D.Fina /EV fight for the first time ever, Im sure there was just some gimmick I didnt know about because I skipped all the cutscenes while watching netflix because Ive one rounded all the bosses after them but it made me consider that sooner or later Im gonna hit the end of the story or at least the end of the story that I can auto combat sleep thru for free lapis

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

I had a blue to gold to rainbow and pulled Prishe. She's a drat weird combo monk unit with some strange stuff, but her big deal is that she can cast a three turn AOE auto-revive (Rikku's LB) with a two turn set up. If anybody wants me to host her for something let me know, I have no idea what she would be useful for. Tell me how you want her geared, I can go tank build or ATK.

Why the he'll couldn't this have waited till the drat Ayaka banner!!! :argh:

i mean, if you REALLY wanted to wait until the Ayaka banner to pull a Prishe i guess

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm looking forward to the new (terrible) global exclusive 5* unit that Gumi's going to make and put on Ayaka's banner. :v:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
it's gonna be called eva

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Balthier?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

when gumi makes a base 5* to gently caress up the sephiroth banner it better be aeris

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

when gumi makes a base 5* to gently caress up the sephiroth banner it better be aeris

Really, the sephiroth banner is loving aces. An aoe magic tank, strong orlandu based chainer and a strong chainer that can bypass physical/magical bullshit because you can build her to do her either type of damage effectively. Even 3* has an ok TM and she's basically Tim and can be used in gimicky party's to neuter bosses. Watch them ruin it with another poo poo 4* and 5*

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

To be fair, Gumi did add A2 to the Nier banner, and she is the one of the best damage dealers in the game, arguably better than 2B.

So don't bitch too much.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Benthalus posted:

To be fair, Gumi did add A2 to the Nier banner, and she is the one of the best damage dealers in the game, arguably better than 2B.

So don't bitch too much.

As someone whose A-team consists of KD and LV, it frustrates me that A2 means less people will share friend 2Bs.

I will bitch exactly as much as someone whose best chain-buddy got one-upped should.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Benthalus posted:

So don't bitch too much.

to be fair to Gumi they added the statistically worst 4* in the entire gacha to the Nier banner

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

As someone whose A-team consists of KD and LV, it frustrates me that A2 means less people will share friend 2Bs.

I will bitch exactly as much as someone whose best chain-buddy got one-upped should.
Same thing here, finding 2Bs is rough. Probably even worse in the future and as more people pull OK.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
2B friends are the worst though. They double the time an Earth Shrine run takes because of their annoying auto attack animation. Earth Shrine is the true endgame and optimizing runs is the most important thing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BGrifter posted:

2B friends are the worst though. They double the time an Earth Shrine run takes because of their annoying auto attack animation. Earth Shrine is the true endgame and optimizing runs is the most important thing.

Why are you auto attacking in the earth shrine? Only 2 units need to attack when TM grinding.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, why is your friend unit attacking at all? They're pretty much the farthest away too.
Something that's coincidentally convenient is that Zidane has one of the fastest attack animations in the game. It's almost like they knew...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The "ULTIMATE TM Macro" hits the friend unit. I haven't bothered to see if there's one that doesn't.

RE: 2B chat. If you only pulled 2B and don't have OK/DV/Orlandu/Fryevia/Tidus then yeah, that sucks to be you. She's unfortunately not that good that anyone would really throw her up instead of one of those units. Even A2 might be a better chainer than her now.

Also loving LOL if there's a global exclusive 5* on the Ayaka banner.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

RE: 2B chat. If you only pulled 2B and don't have OK/DV/Orlandu/Fryevia/Tidus then yeah, that sucks to be you. She's unfortunately not that good that anyone would really throw her up instead of one of those units. Even A2 might be a better chainer than her now.

That's me, have a 2B and nothing to chain her with :( Some 2B pubbies friended me yesterday and I actually accepted specifically for the event. I can make enhanced Luneth work with any other friend unit to kill ELT in 2 rounds though, haven't tried using enhanced Agrias yet but might be worth a shot. Hate when I get stuck with the SPR debuff first, feels like I'm auto-attacking forever.

Shockingly, I pulled a Prishe on my Daily -- debating whether it is worth burning 100% of Trust Moogles on her right now since I don't have a burning need for any other TMs.

In case anyone wants a 2B friend (and occasionally Luneth, TTerra or Marie), add me: 589,682,743

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

rath posted:

Already got you on friends list, I'll keep an eye out for the Lightning tomorrow. Thanks!

Alright, got it all sorted out. I also hosed up my math (again) and I can get 2B to solo Greg as well with a lot more attack than Lightning. She has Excaliur to stop his light attacks, Assassin's Vest to prevent paralysis, Genji Shield for instant death immunity, and 100% dodge for everything else. I think you can use limit break and still seal Greg's light attacks. IGN Buttz

2B 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Genji Shield +50DEF+25SPR+Death Immunity
Head: Whitebrim +18ATK+15DEF+15SPR+15%MP
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+100%Poison/Paralyze+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG/SPR+25%P.Evasion/P.Counter
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG/SPR+25%P.Evasion/P.Counter
Ability 1: Equip H Shield Can equip Heavy Shields
Ability 2: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK w/ Great Sword
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Spirit of Freedom +15%ATK+10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Diabolos HP:4680 MP:6170 ATK:1640 DEF:2390 MAG:5460 SPR:3250
Total Stats: HP: 5639 MP: 357 ATK: 673 DEF: 294 MAG: 168 SPR: 242
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 100% M. Evasion: 10% P. Counter: 43.75% M. Counter: 0%

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Finally got Soleil to 100 (other folks took priority) and now I'm awakening her. Naturally I misread the stuff so spent a bunch of energy farming support crysts rather than tech. Ah well.

Does the duration count on her dances (or buffs/debuffs in general) count the current turn? The ATK and MAG awakenings are priority (and it'll be at least another gil tutrle weekend before the others) but it feels like there's some clever way to get all four of them cycling with some lead-in and I'm trying to sort out the count.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Ahh yes, half-energy for story missions! Maybe this time I'll get those last 2 Hungers out of 10 I need to complete that one extremely lovely early-game quest :v:

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
If I'm macroing at home on my emulator and I open the game on my cell phone, what happens? I don't want to gently caress anything up.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
It will ask you if you want to play the mission and the game will "crash" on the emulator. Shouldn't do harm but try to avoid it.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

hagie posted:

It will ask you if you want to play the mission and the game will "crash" on the emulator. Shouldn't do harm but try to avoid it.

Eh, I do it every morning. I assume all my energy is gone due to the macro, and I like logging in to do arena/raid/craft/read new banner alerts. Doesn't cause any real problems, other than having to restart the emulator and some weirdness with friend units (which shouldn't matter if all you're doing is tm macroing.)

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Also I think I figured out what was going wrong with the ELT raid fight, specifically why the boss would just go apeshit and murder my team whenever he switched weaknesses. The order of his moves is actually Party-Wide Physical/Magical AOE -> Self-dispel -> Switch weakness + party AOE attack -> Random poo poo

So I've been fooled into NOT making 100% sure that his ATK/MAG were debuffed when he switches because hey he dispels himself anyways so who cares right? Well, in that case he will hit you like a loving truck with that initial party-wide AOE before he dispels. Also afaik Dark Resist doesn't help against that AOE, so if you buff Dark resists instead of keeping his ATK/MAG debuffed to prepare for that weakness switch turn, he will just gently caress you up.

Edit: I have a triple Demon Killer Olive with 929 ATK in case anyone needs an OK finisher - 209,464,963

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 16, 2017

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
What are some ideal "end game" party setups ? Mostly people only talk about damage dealers, which short of Orleandou I have in spades, with dark veritas , 4 or 5 agrias's somehow , 2 chizuru, a Gilgamesh and an onion knight but when people talk about doing ELT trials it sounds like they are usually only bring 2 or 3 damage units... who are the support superstars ? I have WoL And earth veritas for tanking tho I haven't gotten to a point where either seem super useful , story mode my damage one shots everything and trials and events I 1 round the boss on PRO and get destroyed in 1 round on ELT

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Twelve by Pies posted:

Gumi do not listen to this man please give us all the pots

:colbert: either give us more king pots or replace the small pots with tickets I say! Please. I can't feed half my units anything anymore. I'm starting to get worried I'll have to start selling pots. Or use them on bediles.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nuebot posted:

:colbert: either give us more king pots or replace the small pots with tickets I say! Please. I can't feed half my units anything anymore. I'm starting to get worried I'll have to start selling pots. Or use them on bediles.

what the gently caress, i've got at least eight amelia and setzer i havent even touched i could max pot for shenanigans. also a second ramza and i still need to max spirit and mana pot my queen and god knows how many other units i have that could use pots

Hi posted:

What are some ideal "end game" party setups ? Mostly people only talk about damage dealers, which short of Orleandou I have in spades, with dark veritas , 4 or 5 agrias's somehow , 2 chizuru, a Gilgamesh and an onion knight but when people talk about doing ELT trials it sounds like they are usually only bring 2 or 3 damage units... who are the support superstars ? I have WoL And earth veritas for tanking tho I haven't gotten to a point where either seem super useful , story mode my damage one shots everything and trials and events I 1 round the boss on PRO and get destroyed in 1 round on ELT

rikku is the queen of support, and you'll want a refia or luka or aria for some healing purposes. minfilia is a very useful support unit that should be coming back when another ffxiv raid comes back

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Either you're out of HP pots or you aren't potting stuff, or I'm calling bullshit. Even if I end up with a bunch of stat pots building up I never have enough HP pots. Hell, my first Fryevia still has no hp pots because the ones I've gotten since then have gone to units like Rikku/Tilith/9S. And I don't think 9S is maxxed either for HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Hi posted:

What healers do you have? Do you have a Soliel you could enhance?

Dragonturtle fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 16, 2017

• Locked thread