Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does Setsuna get better? At the start she's so one-note tragically perfect and perfectly tragic I can't imagine ever actually caring about what happens to her.

I haven't played the game, but all accounts of I Am Setsuna have been that it's aggressively mediocre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Calaveron posted:

Why would the amiibo unlock Bowser's Wedding outfit though, who's gonna wear it

Its the outfit mario wears to bowsers wedding

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does Setsuna get better? At the start she's so one-note tragically perfect and perfectly tragic I can't imagine ever actually caring about what happens to her.

No. Every character is a one note caricature, if they even have the one note.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can't wait to play Doom again on my Switch.

Here's a preview of me playing Doom on the Switch:

That's it, I'm cutting you off to one Monster Energy per day until you calm down mister.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

That's it, I'm cutting you off to one Monster Energy per day until you calm down mister.

SIP AND TEAR YOUR DRINKS

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
It seems to be a theme in Switch discussions on the matter of what *else* might work well on the platform, unexpectedly or otherwise. So sod it, here is mine; *Trials*. Specifically, Trials Frontier (albeit in a non-free-to-play form). It is 'tuned' such that the lack of analogue controls isn't a game-killer, and its progression mechanics would work real well when coupled with not needing to play the game on a touch-screen. I'd say 'Trials in general', but there is no way I could play a mainline Trials game without analogue throttle.

magimix fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 16, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I don’t think it’s a poo poo post to so I’m happy, excited and ready to play good games on my Switch. Including Stardew Valley!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Arby's did a thing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Arbys/status/908722084414550016

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

a.lo posted:

you get to play as luigi though, right?

Honestly, I actually doubt it.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Luigi should be hardmode

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Wait, so when is Stardew Vally coming out?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i downloaded the octopath demo and played thru primroses scenario, am i like, supposed to get the survey in game or what?

cause i really need to scream into the void about this game not letting me set random encounters to NO and not being able to cutscene skip

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

mandatory lesbian posted:

i downloaded the octopath demo and played thru primroses scenario, am i like, supposed to get the survey in game or what?

cause i really need to scream into the void about this game not letting me set random encounters to NO and not being able to cutscene skip

it gets sent to the email associated with your nintendo switch account

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You'll get an email in a day or two.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

General Morden posted:

Cartoon Man posted:

You'll get an email in a day or two.

oh so i have to be patient, the most difficult challenge

(thanks)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

No RPG should have random encounters anymore and semi-random stuff like respawning enemies attacking you on the world map should be entirely optional once you out level them. Any game that doesn't do this in 2017 is unacceptable.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here's a preview of me playing Doom on the Switch:

Yeah being able to play on the toilet is pretty great

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Tender Bender posted:

No RPG should have random encounters anymore and semi-random stuff like respawning enemies attacking you on the world map should be entirely optional once you out level them. Any game that doesn't do this in 2017 is unacceptable.

drat it I forgot to complain about the random encounters in the survey. At least they were spaced apart pretty well

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Suaimhneas posted:

Yeah being able to play on the toilet is pretty great

Ripping and tearing farts.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tender Bender posted:

If you've beaten a fight 10 times without taking damage just auto-complete it because you clearly already know what you're doing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The random encounters made it feel like OGFF and I liked them. I did really like the control afforded by the Bravely games though!

njsykora posted:

If you've beaten a fight 10 times without taking damage just auto-complete it because you clearly already know what you're doing.

A slime draws near...

... The slime ran away!
*victory dance*

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Tender Bender posted:

Earthbound did this poo poo perfectly.

"This enemy type won't run from you, but we're gonna assume you stomped it into the ground and throw you a little XP for the trouble."

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Switches in stock for Canadian people, both colors:

https://www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Neon-Joy/dp/B01MUAGZ49/
https://www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-Switch-Console-Grey-Joy/dp/B01LTHP2ZK/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

njsykora posted:

Paper Mario 64 had a badge/some equipable that insta-killed weak enemies on screen so you wouldn't have to actually fight them.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Don't buy it if you plan to use it while flying because I'm pretty sure that thing is well over what TSA allows on planes.

If this is true, TSA failed pretty hard today as I am on a plane to ORD as we speak with a 20,000mAh in my bag under my seat.

Then again, we got to leave shoes, light jackets on, and laptops in bags, so... *shrug*

[Ed]

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

26800 mAh at 3.7v adds up to 99.1 Wh, limit is at 100 :mrgw:

Oh I see.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 16, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

How many hours will Disgaea 5 take up? Bad personal poo poo happened today and I need a time dump so I can not think about it for weeks/ever.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rolo posted:

Earthbound did this poo poo perfectly.

"This enemy type won't run from you, but we're gonna assume you stomped it into the ground and throw you a little XP for the trouble."

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I want in every JRPG. The game to know this fight here would be zero challenge so just give me the XP and money automatically.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

GreenNight posted:

How many hours will Disgaea 5 take up? Bad personal poo poo happened today and I need a time dump so I can not think about it for weeks/ever.

If you like numbers going up, hundreds. :getin:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GreenNight posted:

I know people who've put thousands of hours into a single Disgaea game. Disgaea has a gimmick where every item in the game can be levelled up by completing a randomly created dungeon and your characters can level infinitely through those so you can do things like break the UI because your numbers are so god drat huge. If you want a timesink game there aren't many better on the Switch right now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The actual main campaign is normal RPG length iirc

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Perfect. Ordered from BB now gonna go pick it up. Thanks.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

njsykora posted:

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I want in every JRPG. The game to know this fight here would be zero challenge so just give me the XP and money automatically.

They could just do like bravely default and let you set the encounter rate manually.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

General Morden posted:

Haven't gotten anything yet but I haven't gone back to finish sidequests on Olberic or played Primrose's story yet. Downloaded and played it the day it came out. :shrug:

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

roffels posted:

Any word on what happened to Pan Pan? It was set to release a few days ago, and then on release day, the eshop web page was pulled.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pan-pan-a-tiny-big-adventure-switch

To answer my own question, it's also available in the US. It was just pulled from Nintendo's eshop website but can be found on the console's eshop.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

njsykora posted:

I know people who've put thousands of hours into a single Disgaea game. Disgaea has a gimmick where every item in the game can be levelled up by completing a randomly created dungeon and your characters can level infinitely through those so you can do things like break the UI because your numbers are so god drat huge. If you want a timesink game there aren't many better on the Switch right now.

Also you can do quadrillions of damage in gimmick setups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9f9V5p8ZyM

:v:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What is even the point of having designs this complicated if you literally never see them and in the game they're just little bobbleheads?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Also you can do quadrillions of damage in gimmick setups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9f9V5p8ZyM

:v:

more impressed the guy survived that tbh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

more impressed the guy survived that tbh

he was probably on an invincibility tile

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

What is even the point of having designs this complicated if you literally never see them and in the game they're just little bobbleheads?

They look cool and artists like drawing them. Also side effect of being a giant challenge for cosplayers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sounds like someone is salty that they didn't order the edition that comes with the art book, or buy the strategy guide... :smug:

• Locked thread