Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I was planning on running a venny 6 slayer list at some point so this makes that crazy good. Ripsaws with that one spell he has are nasty against war beasts. With them being free that is very good and very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

My first game in several weeks and I got a Judicator one-rounded by an Aradus Soldier. It was the only armor-cracking I had in the list

I'm coming to the conclusion I build lists that look nice to me on paper but then can't do poo poo when I actually try to play them

Welp

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Great now I need to buy more shrikes for goreshade 1.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

mp5 posted:

My first game in several weeks and I got a Judicator one-rounded by an Aradus Soldier. It was the only armor-cracking I had in the list

I'm coming to the conclusion I build lists that look nice to me on paper but then can't do poo poo when I actually try to play them

Welp

Poast your list

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Opponent was playing Zaadesh2 with 2 Sentries, 2 of the little guys with Magical Sprays, an Aradus, a Gladiator, Krea, 2 Agonizers, and the Siege Animantarax, and some other minor poo poo I forget

S.J. posted:

Poast your list

https://conflictchamber.com/#c2201b_-0O0yc13q3k3W3E3t3t3t3B3B2_2WjI2i3G3H8M3O

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Faithful Masses (CID)

!!! Your army contains a CID entry.
!!! You are using a pre-release theme.

(Kreoss 1) High Exemplar Kreoss [+29]
- Judicator [36]
- Hierophant [3]
Allegiant of the Order of the Fist [3]
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios [7]
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon [0(6)]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Deliverer Sunburst Crew [5]
Holy Zealots (max) [12]
- Monolith Bearer [3]
Idrian Skirmishers (max) [15]
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide [0(5)]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]
- Attendant Priest [3]

E: I think I really should just be playing Exemplar Interdiction with someone like Testament or High Reclaimer or Reznik2 but I'm struggling with list-building in general and shaking off the rust after not playing in so long.

mp5 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 15, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Carapace is pretty fuggin rad

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Saalkin posted:

This sounds broken as gently caress.

You're also giving up lots of the good Cryx infantry options, so it might not be that bad. This list has the opposite consideration from Skorne's Imperial Warhost-- next to no unit options at all means it's hard to score circle zones. Otherwise it seems similar to Imperial Warhost-- free 7pt lights, an anti-shooting benefit, and 2" of deployment. It's good, but I'm not sure that it's Ghostfleet meta-breaking good. Which is sort of the level you want to have theme releases at, as in good enough to see play but not good enough to totally warp the meta around a single list/caster.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
It sounds like another great theme for Cryx, and can lead to list chicken situations as your infantry killing list is no longer the go-to drop against cryx.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Depends on how you kill infantry. Charging their jacks with just about anything is a pretty good way to kill Cryx jacks.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
So glad I got into cryx early mk3.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
You guys it's better than I hoped. Seeing like 4-5 lists coming to mind. No scarlock is sort of an issue but the combine can cast ritual sac for skarre. May put that double kraken list back on the table again.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That's gonna be what, 14-21 free points in a list? Jesus

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Bunch of free arcnodes if I saw right.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

For_Great_Justice posted:

Bunch of free arcnodes if I saw right.

Any light jack that's 7 points or less.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

*throws defiller in the trash *

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

S.J. posted:

Any light jack that's 7 points or less.

God plus carapace too? If so they will be awful to try to root out with basic shooting. It'll require cra or boosts.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

God plus carapace too? If so they will be awful to try to root out with basic shooting. It'll require cra or boosts.

Only the heavies have Carapace.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Being alerted to a Warstore sale in the Infinity thread let me get a 50% Death Knell :toot: Probably gonna put the Gremlins on a separate base for a swarm.

Cryx theme looks rad and Gaspy3 was my bag anyways, so looking forward to it. Also thinking of jiggering an Akios2 list out of it.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

S.J. posted:

Only the heavies have Carapace.

Darn but hey, carapace on death jack etc. What about the colossals?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Darn but hey, carapace on death jack etc. What about the colossals?

Just heavies :v:

Honestly the Kraken is probably good enough regardless depending on the caster.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Not sure if y'all noticed, but you're allowed to take Cephalyx too (YESSS STEALTH CEPHALYX THEME! ((also, boo, we'll never get another Cephalyx theme, lol))) but that means you can take a dominator. So you can have any merc unit in that theme, which is P. Cool! (Obviously I'm gonna have High shields in my Venethrax list, what could be better) this is SUCH a great theme!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Well you're already allowed to have a merc solo and merc unit but yeah :v:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

S.J. posted:

Well you're already allowed to have a merc solo and merc unit but yeah :v:

No but ANY! Like ones that wouldn't work for cryx!

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

!Klams posted:

No but ANY! Like ones that wouldn't work for cryx!

Think this line on the Dominator stops you dead

Limited Employment - This model may only be included in a Cephalyx theme force.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Gorefiend posted:

Think this line on the Dominator stops you dead

Limited Employment - This model may only be included in a Cephalyx theme force.

Awww. That's a shame. So it's just mind slavers, benders and overlords that you can take. Well and agitators I guess but there's no point.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
No Benders, either. Every Cephalyx except the Mind Slavers & Drudges & Overlords has the Limited Employment rule.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

StuG Jeebus posted:

No Benders, either. Every Cephalyx except the Mind Slavers & Drudges & Overlords has the Limited Employment rule.

Oh so it's literally just the Cephalyx cryx could already run then, I guess I jumped the gun a whole bunch. Boo.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
In case anyone is interested, I am selling my Ret army. Partially painted. SA Mart post at https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834510

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Two questions:

1. Will you split up the lot?
2. If yes, are your Dawnguard metal or plastic?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rkajdi posted:

Two questions:

1. Will you split up the lot?
2. If yes, are your Dawnguard metal or plastic?

I'm going to give it to the end of the week to try and sell whole, and then will be willing to split it up.

And yes, they are plastic. Most of the models are plastic, only models that were never made plastic are metal.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Have they said when that massive theme drop is happening?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fadam posted:

Have they said when that massive theme drop is happening?

"Mid to late September". So basically sometime between today and two weeks from now. I'm hoping for this week, but we'll see.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The Trencher CID update is finally live.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

rkajdi posted:

"Mid to late September". So basically sometime between today and two weeks from now. I'm hoping for this week, but we'll see.

If it was going to be before WTC they probably would have "leaked" them early like they did with the Haley change. I'm guessing early October.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

rantmo posted:

The Trencher CID update is finally live.

You mean the Kraye update is live.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Friendly Fire posted:

:getin:

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

head58 posted:

If it was going to be before WTC they probably would have "leaked" them early like they did with the Haley change. I'm guessing early October.

WTC lists are locked at this point, so it doesn't matter at all what happens with new themes dropping.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Friendly Fire posted:

Triumph too. But yeah, time to learn how to paint a horse.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
War Room Army

Cygnar - Friendship is Magic

Theme: Heavy Metal
3 / 3 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Captain Jeremiah Kraye - WJ: +28
- Squire - PC: 0
- Hammersmith - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Hammersmith - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Centurion - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)
- Centurion - PC: 17

Captain Arlan Strangewayes - PC: 0
Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 0
- Charger - PC: 9
- Charger - PC: 9
Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant - PC: 4
- Hunter - PC: 10
- Hunter - PC: 10

Field Mechaniks - Crew Chief & 3 Grunts: 3

12 movement on my Speed 4 heavies is just too good.

Chargers and Hunters snipe out what I don't like and my Centurions hold the zone while the Hammersmiths clear them out. If I see an assassination then it's a heavy from 13 inches away swinging at Mat 9.

Life is good.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

If I see an assassination then it's a heavy from 13 inches away swinging at Mat 9.

Don't forget impact attacks and free boosted charge attacks which is real handy to try and trigger Crit: Sustained Attack on the Centurions