Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

what SD cards do you guys use for switch /3ds? is it easy to transfer data from one SD card to another?

Neurotic Roleplay fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Just use whatever's on sale this week on Amazon/Best Buy. 128gb Samsung or sandisk or Sony or whatever it doesn't matter.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/roqqus/status/908457153572298753

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

wonder if he's cut

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Oh Don Piano posted:

wonder if he's cut

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

SM64 voice: Boing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

what SD cards do you guys use for switch /3ds? is it easy to transfer data from one ad cars to another?

yeah its easy. sdhc is the type you want for 3ds supposedly

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

yeah actually they will posted:

Good direct overall I think. it's a shame the strange journey remake isn't on switch... when are they going to talk about the new switch smt game?

dont expect anything for a while .. the first trailer reveal was just basically a gfx demo or something.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played a bunch of mario and Rabbids with my homie today and this game kicks rear end.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Good direct overall I think. it's a shame the strange journey remake isn't on switch... when are they going to talk about the new switch smt game?

radiant historia is a fantastic game by the way so you should all buy that please. the way positioning works in the battle system is one of the most fun mechanics in a jrpg along with press turns and brave/defaulting and whatever you call the xenoblade thing where you have to stagger enemies before knocking them down

Nice

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/megumiirl/status/909083990207873024

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have any actual details for sun/moon 2 come out? i couldnt watch the last direct because of net issues.

all ive heard is you get some slightly different colored pokemon but nothing about what theyre actually adding in terms of content lol

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

They're adding a bunch of new areas and at least a couple of new pokemon. It looks cool but sun/moon already satisfied my pokemon gaming needs for a while.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

well that's a new one for me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

have any actual details for sun/moon 2 come out? i couldnt watch the last direct because of net issues.

all ive heard is you get some slightly different colored pokemon but nothing about what theyre actually adding in terms of content lol

Yeah I don't really know either lol but I never got to actually play Sun & Moon so I figure I might as well hold off

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

extremebuff posted:

They have released very few details. Internet video sleuths are guessing that it's got basically the same story with a few differences, like Emerald or Platinum, but it adds a some new areas and available pokemon, like Black 2 / White 2. Additionally they seem to be adding not just new forms, but at least two new pokemon. These, of course, will be backwards-incompatible.

Probably best to think of it as being basically like what Black 2 and White 2 were.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

except weren't black/white 2 true sequels with a wholly different story and game flow?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

except weren't black/white 2 true sequels with a wholly different story and game flow?

Yes. There's no exact precedent for what Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon look like. It seems like mechanically it might be like BW2 and narratively like Emerald and Platinum.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

You get yo go to kanto

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

You get yo go to kanto

this would be a really awesome postgame but im doubting it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
botw ending q (spoilers)
i beat it without getting all the memories cause i forgot about them, and in the end zelda asks "do you remember me?" - is this different if i got all memories?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

bump_fn posted:

botw ending q (spoilers)
i beat it without getting all the memories cause i forgot about them, and in the end zelda asks "do you remember me?" - is this different if i got all memories?

Yes, slightly

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

smdh if you didn't get every memory and every shrine and stride into Hyrule Castle in the hero's gear like a drat boss

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

when the fuq is the new zelda dlc comin

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

smdh if you didn't get every memory and every shrine and stride into Hyrule Castle in the hero's gear like a drat boss

yes doing everything lets you crush ganon so thoroughly which is win

Soral
May 30, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

when the fuq is the new zelda dlc comin

Holiday 2017.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

I watched some nintendo direct "reaction" videos and I was honestly surprised at how many people were blown away by the announcement of minecraft on 3DS

it's only weird in that it hadn't happened yet but it probably took a lot of work to get it to run

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/sprsk/status/910295200228032512

Gone but not forgotten

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Blessed Iwata

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The way you access it is by holding X and doing the famous "Direct" motion on the Switch home screen, but it is only available on the July 11th, the anniversary of Iwata's passing. this is 100% real btw. Nintendo ftw

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

you unlock it by setting your Switch to the date Iwata died and doing a Nintendo Direct gesture with the joycon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

you unlock it by setting your Switch to the date Iwata died and doing a Nintendo Direct gesture with the joycon

apparently if you've ever connected to the internet you cant just change the date because it goes off the server time

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

The way you access it is by holding X and doing the famous "Direct" motion on the Switch home screen, but it is only available on the July 11th, the anniversary of Iwata's passing. this is 100% real btw. Nintendo ftw

Uhh I assumed this was a joke

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

codenameFANGIO posted:

Uhh I assumed this was a joke

nope http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Flog#Official_Launch

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Awesome.

bump_fn