Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I usually save mushrooms for sauces since you can make a lot of sauce with not a lot of shrooms. Now though, I'll probably make some pasta recipes, meat stew... If I get crazy I might even fry a few and put them on a sandwich - maybe with cheese, maybe without cheese. They make pretty good presents too, when dried

Ah, one of my favorites is to make a marinated mushroom-style relish when I get too many mushrooms. I can't find the cookbook the precise recipe is in right now (had to relocate my library to do an asbestos abatement, now everything's hosed up and piled up), but the general gist was red wine vinegar of your choice, olive oil, minced shallots, dried bilberry, herbs of your choice, black peppercorn, all heated up and poured over the mushrooms in the storage vessel of your choice. I canned mine and they've kept quite well. It's been a bit since I made the recipe, though, so my memory's foggy on the finer details. It was really good with a pork roast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

The Titanic posted:

I've been wondering why CR doesn't cut and run. I can't help but wonder if the reason he's hanging on until the very bitter end is because once he loses control, the next person in line behind him may suddenly decide to come out and tell everybody where the money went.

In this regard, CR is almost obligated to stay until the end and maintain a tight seal on everything he's done. He can only leave when it's all burned away into ashes, and even if people did point at him the records are so jumbled and confused and the money is so far gone there's no hope for anything but a half assed excuses instead of actual repercussions he may need to face.

I believe he stays because he has extreme commitment to his vision and his ideal. The fact that he consistently mismanaged production and created huge blockers doesn't register as problems he has created, instead those problems are due to poor performing leads. Croberto still believes that he can save the ship, find the course, and carry on. He won't realize it is too late to recover until it all comes crashing down around him at the very end. This situation seems to almost be analogous to Hitler during WWII. (Please note, that is not to infer anything about croberto's politics, I am sure he is not a Nazi, just that those two seem to have a similar situation leadership and results wise.)

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

McGiggins posted:

What would goons do with a sack of drumsticks? Best recipe posted I will make and provide proof, as long as it's not too hard.

By drumsticks do you mean chicken legs or the drumette segment of a chicken wing?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
If Erin wasn't his brother he would've quit long ago.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Ah, one of my favorites is to make a marinated mushroom-style relish when I get too many mushrooms. I can't find the cookbook the precise recipe is in right now (had to relocate my library to do an asbestos abatement, now everything's hosed up and piled up), but the general gist was red wine vinegar of your choice, olive oil, minced shallots, dried bilberry, herbs of your choice, black peppercorn, all heated up and poured over the mushrooms in the storage vessel of your choice. I canned mine and they've kept quite well. It's been a bit since I made the recipe, though, so my memory's foggy on the finer details. It was really good with a pork roast.

The Delta Toronto East hotel used to (and still may) serve a Wild Mushroom bisque that is on my "dishes you would have for your last meal" list.

Sadly, I don't have the recipe, but if someone rounded it up and posted it - that would be my vote.

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

posting on a recursive page

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Depends on location I guess. In Sweden those three would be good starting points. You also need to learn some of their closer relatives, some inedibles that can look similar at a glance, plus the really dangerous killer shrooms you can't afford to not know about

Northeast US. I loved sliced mushrooms cooked in butter when I was a tot. I lost my taste for them, and generally avoided them for most of my life since. I've only just begun embracing them again.

I've heard tails of crazy things you can do with them, like bake them in olive oil, and they're almost like meat. I've also seen graphs of cooking times comparing veg, meat, and mushroom, and the resulting mouth feel, and mushrooms are nearly impossible to overcook, within reason.

I'm on the verge of just diving into mushrooms and playing with them to see what they can be.

Mushrooms are loving aliens, and I want to cook those aliens and eat them up.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

brush them drums with some BBQ sauce (Stubb's Spicy is my recommendation) and toss them on the grill

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

lazorexplosion posted:

Reduced scope, well hey, 3.0 is only meant to be a small patch, more of a 2.7 if anything.

I'm calling it in my September blog that when it limps out finally citizens will declare 3.0 a pipeline patch that laid the groundwork for the really transformative 3.1

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Berious posted:

I'm calling it in my September blog that when it limps out finally citizens will declare 3.0 a pipeline patch that laid the groundwork for the really transformative 3.1

really going out on a limb with that call

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Berious posted:

In all honesty, this is going to be an interesting "release" of a patch. Obviously they are driven by external factors (namely backers, missed deadlines, etc.) and they currently hand out refunds without much effort. So it all points to the MVP is coming given Robert's mumblings about it and the refund cascade.

Problem I have is reconciling is how releasing a MVP absolves them from ToS.

Hopefully our Uncle can clarify. It is an honest question. ToS and EULA's are so drat flimsy, what difference does it make? Is 3.0 their hill to die to on for the collapse (which is probably the likely answer).

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

I'm not racist, but... All these drat foreigner cats keep coming into the country acting like they're so much better than the cats that are already here, go home foreigner cats :argh:.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Colostomy Bag posted:

It doesn't, really, at least in most jurisdictions. Even in the jurisdictions most favorable to CIG, it still doesn't. The ToS only has any foothold in the US, and we saw how well that worked when Streetroller contacted the LA DA.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

XK posted:

It doesn't, really, at least in most jurisdictions. Even in the jurisdictions most favorable to CIG, it still doesn't. The ToS only has any foothold in the US, and we saw how well that worked when Streetroller contacted the LA DA.

Right, will the 3.0 be where they sort-of take a stance to say hey "we released the MVP" so no refund to you type thing?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

I'm on the verge of just diving into mushrooms and playing with them to see what they can be.

That could be a pretty good or catastrophically bad idea

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

Right, will the 3.0 be where they sort-of take a stance to say hey "we released the MVP" so no refund to you type thing?

I do believe 3.0 is the field goal they are currently going for, and they will cut, manipulate, and market the best they can, to release a 3.0 in name only. I have no doubt they will try to establish whatever 3.0 they produce as some form of consequential release.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I'll be doing store bought, so no worries. No organ failure over here. Not going for that.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Roberts probably did some shrooms before the Kickstarter. So you be the judge.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

The Titanic posted:

:same:

Freelancer with a new coat of paint would have been pretty awesome.

Of course that'd be a 3-4 year project. Just releasing something like that now, adding 3-4 more years of dev time because they very clearly don't have even a basic gameplay loop, would be an incredible slap in everybody's face.

If only Chris Roberts didn't go insane with feature creep. He could have been working on Star Citizen 2 by now. :(

Im amazed that after all the discussions here, you guys still in your hearts believe

a) this impossible to make game can actually be built
b) that Freelancer was not an almost completely different game to the one CR was trying to make.

Just lol.

Buy an Idris now, just in case.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I believe he stays because he has extreme commitment to his vision and his ideal. The fact that he consistently mismanaged production and created huge blockers doesn't register as problems he has created, instead those problems are due to poor performing leads. Croberto still believes that he can save the ship, find the course, and carry on. He won't realize it is too late to recover until it all comes crashing down around him at the very end.
Not sure why you guys are theorycrafting about commitment to ideals or fear of consequences. He's not an enigma. It's stupidity and delusion all the way down. He's incapable of having any sort of epiphany regarding the reality of Star Citizen.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

more like ZZZZ

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Colostomy Bag posted:

Roberts probably did some shrooms before the Kickstarter. So you be the judge.

nah, SC would have been much more creative.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

In all honesty, this is going to be an interesting "release" of a patch. Obviously they are driven by external factors (namely backers, missed deadlines, etc.) and they currently hand out refunds without much effort. So it all points to the MVP is coming given Robert's mumblings about it and the refund cascade.

Hopefully our Uncle can clarify. It is an honest question. ToS and EULA's are so drat flimsy, what difference does it make? Is 3.0 their hill to die to on for the collapse (which is probably the likely answer).

Even if 3.0 is "We released the game and it works so no refunds" that would only include things in the game. Right now they have ship DLC they sold years ago and haven't really started working on yet. So legally I assume all undelivered ships would be eligible for refunds with any sort of sane consumer protection laws. And the crazy thing you really shouldn't have to bring up consumer laws. Any big publisher that put in delays of multiple years on content would easily and happily refund.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175303462?t=13m13s

:gary: :yarg: :gary:
:yarg: :gary: :yarg:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dolvak handing out them all-white Keds lol.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175282328?t=02h49m23s

:gary:

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

peter gabriel posted:

I just made a massive pie

I can't eat carbs. I hate you. :pgabz:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

zcrow posted:

Peter Gabriel I don't know what you did to get your own emote but I approve

XK
Jul 9, 2001

zcrow posted:

Keto?

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Peter Gabriel I don't know what you did to get your own emote but I approve

https://secure.somethingawful.com/products/smilie.php

E: Thoatse Taxxe

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%